• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
It's still yuri even if a god come in between , right ?

I'll allow it!

===========================

Gundam Build Fighters - 15

J7QNu5E.png

This show. This shooooooow! So good!

cajunator

Banned
Ahhh yes this episode. It took me two minutes to pick my jaw off the floor after watching it.

Seriously though, they literally suck the "child" out of children turning them into what are essentially mindless drones that's sole purpose is to be happy about what they do in life and purge the children who so much as question their methods.

It's nothing but a place of LIES.

Kino's Journey only gets more powerful, and the next episode is my second favourite episode in the entire show.

First time I watched that episode I was similarly floored by it. Nobody really knew what was going to happen and there wasnt much interest or discussion about the show. Of people I knew who liked anime none of them even watched it unless I showed it to them.

Brah I'm pretty sure this episode confirmed that
Kino is a girl.

But yeah, this episode hit me like a bag full of bricks. Particularly the part where
they were about to kill her for asking about not undergoing the operation, and looking at everybody's face you'd think that this sort of shit didn't have the slightest effect on them.

I assume that by now you understand why people were (rightfully) pestering you to watch this show.

You are absolutely correct. Im vague about Kino for that exact reason.

Branduil

Kill la Killed 16

I regret giving this show a second chance. There's some sick people up at Trigger. (−_−;)

CorvoSol

Brah I'm pretty sure this episode confirmed that
Kino is a girl.

Actually, the
Kino I was referring to with pronouns in this episode was the older one.

I'll allow it!

===========================

Gundam Build Fighters - 15

This show. This shooooooow! So good!

Such a good show.

"Sick" wouldn't be the word I'd use to describe them~

I think people are missing the point that Ragyo is supposed to be pure evil, Satsuki is pretty obviously not happy about what happens, and what the bad guys do isn't meant to be considered a good thing. Unless suddenly Silence of the Lambs was a How-To-Guide for aspiring cannibals.

But I now have another excuse to post this .gif:

D8hQug8.gif

Yeah, all three are gone now according to the guest pass page. Thanks for the heads up.

I am just glad that I can finally finish my rewatch of Fortune Arterial now. Still have no idea why the third episode wouldn't load after the ads, but with the 48-hr premium-pass the video loaded normally!

cajunator

Banned
Actually, the
Kino I was referring to with pronouns in this episode was the older one.

Such a good show.

I think people are missing the point that Ragyo is supposed to be pure evil, Satsuki is pretty obviously not happy about what happens, and what the bad guys do isn't meant to be considered a good thing. Unless suddenly Silence of the Lambs was a How-To-Guide for aspiring cannibals.

But I now have another excuse to post this .gif:

D8hQug8.gif

It was very misleading to be sure!

Branduil

I guess I missed the scene in Silence of the Lambs where the camera gazes lovingly at Hannibal's "meals." ( ?´_ゝ`)

CorvoSol

I guess I missed the scene in Silence of the Lambs where the camera gazes lovingly at Hannibal's "meals." ( ?´_ゝ`)

Is that really the whole of what it would take to convince you of my argument? Because I am ready and willing to supply alternative examples.

We could do your favorite, and draw comparisons from the Bible. Because drawing a comparison of circumstances is also an equation of worth! Fuck, is there any part of your argument that isn't bullshit? The Old Testament has some seriously messed up shit going down, but somehow, I really, really doubt the point of telling you that the Benjamites gangraped that guy's wife to death was to tell you how awesome gangrape is. Or how about Star Wars? I doubt Lucas was trying to say "Damn, son, isn't slicing arms off of dudes the most bitchingly cool thing for your life? DO IT DO IT DO IT" when the camera lingered on the severed arm in Mos Eisley.

You know that the argument "the director endorses this because the camera lingers here" is bullshit. There's no possible way you don't.

I'm not even a big fan of those scenes, but come on. Since when is showing a character do bad things inarguably praise for disreputable actions?

By your logic, we're all supposed to jerk off to the tits of comatose girls because that's what we see Shinji do in End of Evangelion. Context be damned, the camera lingered on it, so that's what we should do!

You don't like the show? Fine. You wanna shit on it? Fine. But as the guy who ALWAYS gets shit back for shitting without a better defense you need to be ready to deliver something a little more concrete than what you're giving, Branduil.

SDBurton

Just watched the extra after the credits of GBF - 16,
he did make the attempt to visit Rinko... too bad he showed up too late as she was long gone. LOL

Naruto Filler Hell 154

Uuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggggghhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhh

Quasar

Seki-kun 8 - I liked it, and yet 'another shogi episode?' was part of my reaction. Thats what 3 of 8 being shogi? Surely theres lots of other stories from the manga that could be used to break that up a bit.

Branduil

Is that really the whole of what it would take to convince you of my argument? Because I am ready and willing to supply alternative examples.

We could do your favorite, and draw comparisons from the Bible. Because drawing a comparison of circumstances is also an equation of worth! Fuck, is there any part of your argument that isn't bullshit? The Old Testament has some seriously messed up shit going down, but somehow, I really, really doubt the point of telling you that the Benjamites gangraped that guy's wife to death was to tell you how awesome gangrape is. Or how about Star Wars? I doubt Lucas was trying to say "Damn, son, isn't slicing arms off of dudes the most bitchingly cool thing for your life? DO IT DO IT DO IT" when the camera lingered on the severed arm in Mos Eisley.

You know that the argument "the director endorses this because the camera lingers here" is bullshit. There's no possible way you don't.

I'm not even a big fan of those scenes, but come on. Since when is showing a character do bad things inarguably praise for disreputable actions?

By your logic, we're all supposed to jerk off to the tits of comatose girls because that's what we see Shinji do in End of Evangelion. Context be damned, the camera lingered on it, so that's what we should do!

You don't like the show? Fine. You wanna shit on it? Fine. But as the guy who ALWAYS gets shit back for shitting without a better defense you need to be ready to deliver something a little more concrete than what you're giving, Branduil.

Corvo please. How things are filmed, the framing, sound, and cinematography, etc., are as important as the content itself. This isn't controversial, it's Filmmaking 101.

As for that particular Eva scene, I just rewatched it, and the camera really doesn't linger at all. Most of that shots in that scene are closeups of the surroundings, like the heartrate monitor, iv drip, etc. Furthermore, everything is cast in a sickly, pale flat light... Asuka's skin is literally blue. Every part of the scene is focused on "sickness."

Naruto Filler Hell 154

Uuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggggghhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhh

Is there a guide on which episodes to skip for Naruto somewhere? Because with such a popular show with so much filler there should be.

Is there a guide on which episodes to skip for Naruto some where? Because with such a popular show with so much filler there should be.

Basically it's

Watch 1-24
Skip 25
Watch 26-99
Skip 100-105
Watch 106-132
Skip 133-219.5
Watch ending of 220

That's off the top of my head, Naruto basically has a huge block of filler at the end right before the time skip in the manga (where the anime Naruto Shippuden begins). It's know as filler hell and I've been watching it with man God in Toonami GAF because I hate myself

SDBurton

Basically it's

Watch 1-24
Skip 25
Watch 26-99
Skip 100-105
Watch 106-132
Skip 133-219.5
Watch ending of 220

That's off the top of my head, Naruto basically has a huge block of filler at the end right before the time skip in the manga (where the anime Naruto Shippuden begins). It's know as filler hell and I've been watching it with man God in Toonami GAF because I hate myself

Now imagine experiencing that back then when you had to wait every week in the hopes that the coming episode was hopefully the last one of filler. I will never forget that pain. Never.

Lurky

Sekai Seifuku 7

The first half of this episode wasn't great but the second half was awesome. Kate's voice is way too damn cute. I think it gave me diabetes when she screamed. Definitely one of my favorite shows this season.

Now imagine experiencing that back then when you had to wait every week in the hopes that the coming episode was hopefully the last one of filler. I will never forget that pain. Never.

Seeing that guide makes me glad I made Fairy Tail the Shounen anime that got me back into anime as a whole. At least that show kept its filler where filler episodes should be in a Shounen. AFTER the arcs and not DURING them.

zeroshiki

Basically it's

Watch 1-24
Skip 25
Watch 26-99
Skip 100-105
Watch 106-132
Skip 133-219.5
Watch ending of 220

I started Naruto back when there were only 17 episodes available. I stuck through it until 91 or something when I couldn't stand it anymore and just read the manga and quit following the whole thing.

Should I watch Hunter x Hunter: Phantom Rouge? The reception to it doesn't seem to have been very positive.

It's...honestly not very good. Hunter X Hunter doesn't really work as a 2 hour movie (I might be proven wrong on this, I still have to watch The Last Mission). Not a lot of what makes Hunter X Hunter amazing is featured in the movie. It's not agonizingly terrible, it just doesn't really feel like Hunter X Hunter.

Basically it's

Watch 1-24
Skip 25
Watch 26-99
Skip 100-105
Watch 106-132
Skip 133-219.5
Watch ending of 220

lol reminds me of how i enjoyed bleach fillers more than the manga stuff :X

animators are given the freedom to choreograph good fights vs kubo's trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom