• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

Bakemonogatari 9
IexmrV3l.jpg

OP ranking: Monkey > Snail > Crab > Snake

Jintor

Anime saving the clubbing and music industries now

Akihabara Mogra's popularity as a hotspot for nerds flocking to the district only started to take off in the past year or two.

"Playing anison at a club was unthinkable not long ago," said Masayuki Yamada, the manager and a DJ at the club. The change came about because artists who remix anison and J-pop songs have gained a large audience thanks to the rise of Internet music labels.

Akihabara Mogra attracts slightly more than 1,000 customers a month, more than double the number during its early days. When it rented out ageHa, a famous nightclub in Tokyo's Koto district, for a special one-night event in November, 2,000 people showed up.

Despite the large number of people, the event ended with a warm atmosphere not often seen at typical club events.

One of the attractions of anison events is "there aren't any people who come just to hit on women or get drunk and act violently," said a 29-year-old woman.

Ohhhh yeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

SkeTama 226

I take it both leaders are full of shit in their respective series, but has something that makes it okay for them to be full of shit.

Also liked how they spruced up the OP a bit to reflect that this was a crossover with Sket Dance.

Articalys

MOGRA livestreams are pretty sweet, especially when big-name artists are there.

----------------------------------------------

This oughta be interesting. Anime adaptation announced for comedy series Himegoto.

http://polyphonicar2010.blog51.fc2.com/blog-entry-16925.html
Hime Arikawa is a high-school boy with a huge debt, and he is saved by the girls of his school's student council after being chased down by yakuza debt collectors. The student council agrees to pay off his debt if he'll join the student council and spend his high-school life cross-dressing.

Jintor

This oughta be interesting. Anime adaptation announced for comedy series Himegoto.

Hime Arikawa is a high-school boy with a huge debt, and he is saved by the girls of his school's student council after being chased down by yakuza debt collectors. The student council agrees to pay off his debt if he'll join the student council

Sounds about right-

and spend his high-school life cross-dressing.

-... yeah, sounds about right

obviously, he's the one they're all clinging to.

Bombless

Tonari no Seki-kun 8

Such epicness, much love story, wow! And after
winning at Seki's game she still helps him out with the english read
! She truly is a saint.

Now imagine experiencing that back then when you had to wait every week in the hopes that the coming episode was hopefully the last one of filler. I will never forget that pain. Never.

Man, I remember filler hell back when it started. "Just a few more episodes" I would think. After nearly 2 years, I was looking for any kind of indication that it was ending soon, from some vague lyrics in one of the OPs to something that SORT of looked like a silhouette of the grown up characters somewhere.

Around that point, I just stopped watching it and came back when Shippuden started.

Articalys

I haven't been in the Kill la Kill OT for a while, just peeked in and saw the major discussion -- what set it off this time,
the Nudist Beach uniforms for everyone or Ragyo's most recent Satsuki molestation session?

Sumo anime incoming.

Notari Matsutaro, the sumo hero manga by boxing manga Ashita no Joe creator Tetsuya Chiba, is inspiring a television anime 16 years after the manga's end. Abarenbō Rikishi!! Matsutarō (Roughneck Sumo Wrestler!! Matsutarō) will premiere on the TV Asahi network at 6:30 a.m. on Sunday, April 5.

The story follows Matsutarō Sakaguchi, a giant roughneck man with strength far beyond ordinary people. He never uttered words like "work hard," "strive," and "dream" like the typical shōnen manga protagonist. However, he is stronger than anyone and peerless in sumo wrestling. His greatest weakness is his own carefree personality. He grows into a full-fledged sumo westler.

The voice actor for the title character will be announced in the near future, but it will be "someone famous whose name everyone in Japan has doubtlessly heard." Yuko Mizutani (Black Jack's Pinoko) will play Reiko Minami, the woman five years older than Matsutarō who eventually marries Matsutarō.

The long-running original manga ran from August 1973 to June 1993 and again from October 1995 to May 1998 in Shogakukan's Big Comic Magazine. It won the Shogakukan Manga Prize in 1977. It already inspired a string of original video anime episodes in the 1990s.

This is taking over Saint Seiya Omega's timeslot.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Man, I remember filler hell back when it started. "Just a few more episodes" I would think. After nearly 2 years, I was looking for any kind of indication that it was ending soon, from some vague lyrics in one of the OPs to something that SORT of looked like a silhouette of the grown up characters somewhere.

Around that point, I just stopped watching it and came back when Shippuden started.

That's what I should've done. :(

Gazoinks

However, he is stronger than anyone and peerless in sumo wrestling. His greatest weakness is his own carefree personality. He grows into a full-fledged sumo westler.

That... sounds like a typical shonen protagonist. :p I know nothing about sumo, but I'll check it out when it airs, could be goodly.

Gintama' 228

Oh god, a Love Plus parody, SO This is how Love Plus is to herbivores? 2D becomes 3D when you master this shit?
Gin WEEPS

Shinpachi is like.... the holy minister of herbivores, Gin's really not on his level.

CorvoSol

Corvo please. How things are filmed, the framing, sound, and cinematography, etc., are as important as the content itself. This isn't controversial, it's Filmmaking 101.

So it's okay to ignore context in favor of what you think a cartoon's cinematography is aiming to achieve?

You deciding that a scene's "cinematography" in one case implies sexuality and in another sickness sounds more like confirmation bias than anything else.

For instance, I wholeheartedly refute your claim that the camera does not linger. A full ten seconds pass by while Shinji stares at Asuka's naked chest, the camera unflinching. I note that this is approximately the same amount of time the camera takes in panning down the side of Satsuki in this last episode of Kill La Kill. That you overlook this is questionable at best.

But honestly, it's beside the point, because it's silly bullshit to say "fuck the context, my flashy knowledge of cinemagicatography endows me with the capacity to say, for certain, that this is a pervy, pervy thing."

Dresden

So it's okay to ignore context in favor of what you think a cartoon's cinematography is aiming to achieve?

You deciding that a scene's "cinematography" in one case implies sexuality and in another sickness sounds more like confirmation bias than anything else.

For instance, I wholeheartedly refute your claim that the camera does not linger. A full ten seconds pass by while Shinji stares at Asuka's naked chest, the camera unflinching. I note that this is approximately the same amount of time the camera takes in panning down the side of Satsuki in this last episode of Kill La Kill. That you overlook this is questionable at best.

But honestly, it's beside the point, because it's silly bullshit to say "fuck the context, my flashy knowledge of cinemagicatography endows me with the capacity to say, for certain, that this is a pervy, pervy thing."

Calm down.

e: like, context matters when determining intent, but discussion of cinemagicatography is about its execution. Don't be so damn biting about that. I think anyone can see that it's bad and evil or whatever, but what matters is whether it worked. And for me, it was too gratuitous and exploitative to be effective.

Man arguments and insults here do really start over things such as a simple joke over a show somebody really really likes. It happened with me when I did a joke against GBF, then that psyhco guy and Angel Beats, and now with this.

Can't we go back to the days where somebody insults your anime and we simply insult theirs? The mantra of Your Favorite Anime is Shit has worked countless of times to solve disputes in history. Why do you think WWII ended?

Kite

Noragami 8
Yukine is the kind of kid that almost makes me want to support corporal punishment on certain kids. And I don't want to mess with angry/threatening Kofuku o_O
tqzCIXM.jpg
4v7xNGQ.jpg

sonicmj1

Can't we go back to the days where somebody insults your anime and we simply insult theirs? The mantra of Your Favorite Anime is Shit has worked countless of times to solve disputes in history. Why do you think WWII ended?

Hitler was so distraught over the Allies insulting his favorite anime that he killed himself in his bunker, and once he had "account-suicided", there was no one left to continue the discussion.

What was his favorite anime, you ask?

It was
your favorite anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom