• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arion

What a strange, strange movie. Abandon almost everything you know about Greek mythology before you go in or your brain will hurt. At times it is visually striking but it is often mired in poorly done audio (a lot of people sound like they were recorded in caves) and cheesy set pieces in the vein of the old Clash of the Titans movie. There is a point where he literally
goes into a cave, comes back out, and has a huge ass army waiting for him out of nowhere. He says "I want to go save my sister, who I also want to bang....let's go kill Zeus!" and the army goes "YEAH WHY NOT WOOOOO" and they all go and...well....yeah.

I can recommend it if you've seen almost everything else like I have, but it's definitely not a must watch.

Arion was originaly a short manga series by Yas before being made into an anime movie by its creator; I need to check it but I believe I remember some plot points have been downsized.

Not the best anime Yoshikazu Yasuhiko directed during his run as an anime director in the 80s, which resulted in some instant classics such as Venus Wars or his adaptations of Kaze to ku no Uta and Crusher Joe. Still worth watching for the great cel animation, thought.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Ah ah ..as soon as i saw ep 133 ending and the first minutes of 134 i bailed out.
Every week i was hearing horrible thing from people like " why did he made a ramen with a rasengan ? " and then i new it was still horrible. So i never looked back.

And i watch shipuden start and then after ep 3 the quality went down VERY VERY FAST ... It waas trully at the bottom of the barel during episodes 17-27 , then episode 28-29 of shippuden happenned ! I was like "yeahhh" ...but this was a fluke ..

I dropped naruto in anime at this moment
Never felt this good besides when i dropped Bleach.

You're in for a ride , shiki is an anime that is different , very different.
You'll see when you'll start ep 2

Yeah I'm really behind on Shippuuden in regards to the anime, think I'm a few weeks behind on the manga.

Haven't read Bleach in ages. :lol

Toradora! - The 3rd Rewatch

Pretty sure I already did a Toradora! review so I won't comment as much aside from the fact that this show has a profound aspect of being rewatchable. Even though I know the entire plot and its twists whilst watching I was still strapped into a ride with a big thanks to the fleshed out characters and their development through the show.

Whilst also currently in the process of watching Golden Time, I have to say that while they are related by being overseen by the same director, they are two different shows entirely (I would go to say Toradora! is superior, butt Golden Time isn't done airing as of yet), and I dearly miss a character role like Toradora!'s Ami.

LordCanti

Arion was originaly a short manga series by Yas before being made into an anime movie by its creator; I need to check it but I believe I remember some plot points have been downsized.

Not the best anime Yoshikazu Yasuhiko directed during his run as an anime director in the 80s, which resulted in some instant classics such as Venus Wars or his adaptations of Kaze to ku no Uta and Crusher Joe. Still worth watching for the great cel animation, thought.

Crusher Joe is probably my favorite out of those. This was the one I had never seen, and I'm not really glad that I made the effort to do so. The animation did look very nice in spots even if the direction, story, voice acting, etc let the movie down as a whole.

Furi kuri kuri kura furi kuri kuri kura.

Furi.....kuuuuriiii.....Fur.....Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. FUUUUUUUURIIIIIIIIKURIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Aaaaaaahhhhhhh

Is it sad that I just now realized that "Kuri" is realllllllllll close to the Japanese pronunciation of clitoris?

cajunator

Banned
Crusher Joe is probably my favorite out of those. This was the one I had never seen, and I'm not really glad that I made the effort to do so. The animation did look very nice in spots even if the direction, story, voice acting, etc let the movie down as a whole.

Furi.....kuuuuriiii.....Fur.....Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. FUUUUUUUURIIIIIIIIKURIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Aaaaaaahhhhhhh

Is it sad that I just now realized that "Kuri" is realllllllllll close to the Japanese pronunciation of clitoris?

It was probably intentional.

Theonik

Zero no Tsukaima - Futatsuki no Kishi 02
iRkW16Ws3ZlvG.png

I'd say kirche route is the real route but
This episode made me legit angry.
Fucking princessqueen falling for the dumbest of tricks then not listening to reason.
Dude shrugged off getting fucking impaled and you won't believe he's undead
Can I make it through this and reach Elf girl?

awwwww yiss
I should mention that it's just an OVA BD bundled with the manga so don't expect much!

cajunator

Banned
Zero no Tsukaima - Futatsuki no Kishi 02

This episode made me legit angry.
Fucking princessqueen falling for the dumbest of tricks then not listening to reason.
Dude shrugged off getting fucking impaled and you won't believe he's undead
Can I make it through this and reach Elf girl?

Ivs heard many times S2 is the worst.

LordCanti

It was probably intentional.

I'm sure it was. I didn't realize it until just now when I was saying "Kuri" in my head and going "wait a minute...where have I heard Kuri before? Kuri...kuri....Ohhhhhhhh".

Now I'm wondering if Furi isn't slang for something.

I know Furi Kuri as a whole is basically the sound of boobs being fondled, but I never realized that Kuri was dirty.

Theonik

WHAT!? How dare you trick us like that! I say we string him up and hang him by his balls!
Lies of omission are nonsense! Besides it says so on the link plain as day!

It's a bit hard to remember when your main focus was Louise and her leeeegs. Tabitha was pretty hnnnnnng in S3 so I don't even anymore.
Right now it's all about the captain of the musketeers. Dat voice. Dat unf. And Louise of course. But the reset has sorta pushed me away from all that.

survivor

Banned
Just saw the trailer for Space Dandy episode 9 and looked at the staff for it, hype. Time to un-drop the show and watch that particular episode next week. Hopefully the Yuasa one isn't too far after it.

Theonik

Zero no Tsukaima - Futatsuki no Kishi 03
iPZW6UaapggMW.png

My Unf allegiances are shifting.
Well that was a meh episode save for Agnes. Which I guess this means this was a great episode because Agnes is making me feel all tingly inside as of this writing.
Good voice and everything. Saitou should give up on all this crap and go with Agnes.
Then again Louise. Dammit this is the first time I am conflicted in this show!

See, at least I was honest about the Squid Girl news when I posted it earlier so as not to give people false hopes.
How was I dishonest? New anime s new anime.

Space Dandy 8
First part pretty decent, second forgettable.

Noragami 8
Well, finally they are gearing up and getting close to solving stuff and made Yukine fight their demons. It was a nice episode, with interesting metaphors and character growth. I just think we could have reached this plot point faster, and without losing anything good of the series.

Midonin

SoniAni 08

This is the episode I've been waiting for. Axanael is one of my favorite VNs of all time (this will be the last time I mention it, really), it strikes a nice balance between fantasy, mystery and otaku in-jokes. Suzu's a subcharacter, and Fuuri and Ena are major players. When I heard Ena show up at the door with her "This is a mystery!" catchphrase, it brought back many good memories. The end reveal that she actually did know what she was doing was interesting, but most of it was trying to make a case out of nothing. The show's not particularly deep, but it's fluffy and fun. Seeing how a Sonico figure gets made for the end credits was nice, too. And the SKD robot from Axanael also made a cameo. I never thought I'd get to see Ena in animated form, albeit I was expecting her to be a main character and Sonico be the cameo, rather than the other way around. Still, the anime day's off to a great start.

It also has boob wrestling. (Again, in Ena's fantasy)

Link Man

Banned
Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl 6

Wow, we need more interaction between Ryushi and Meme, it could launch us into an uncharted realm of nonsense! I'm also curious as to Erio's past now, and to why everybody shuns her.

Welp, there goes another spoiler.
Just managed to spoil myself on the friend in question being Cure Moonlight. I would certainly never have guessed that based on what we saw of her in this episode! I really must resist the temptation to keep looking things up, it always results in this happening... Though I had already read somewhere that Moonlight's real name was Yuri, so I would probably have made the connection sooner or later either way >.>

Like in the next couple episodes
also that similar hair style

Ojamajo Doremi Na-i-sho - Episode 11: Hazuki's Secret.

Hazuki's birthday is Valentine's Day which means awkward tension between her and Masaru, although home made chocolates
and Magical Stage
, can fix all that deep rooted bad childhood memories right up. I liked how they had
to go through the numbered doors to get to Hazuki's birthday for that perticular year which was a pretty interesting way to find out how to fix their problem

I'm not the biggest fan of Hazuki's character focus episodes although this one wasn't too bad. It makes a for a good stop gap before the next episode which, if the episode preview is suggesting what I think it's suggesting, is going to be a difficult one to watch.

Toradora! - The 3rd Rewatch

Pretty sure I already did a Toradora! review so I won't comment as much aside from the fact that this show has a profound aspect of being rewatchable. Even though I know the entire plot and its twists whilst watching I was still strapped into a ride with a big thanks to the fleshed out characters and their development through the show.

Whilst also currently in the process of watching Golden Time, I have to say that while they are related by being overseen by the same director, they are two different shows entirely (I would go to say Toradora! is superior, butt Golden Time isn't done airing as of yet), and I dearly miss a character role like Toradora!'s Ami.

I think both are written by the same author.Toradora is great and extremely rewatchable, but it's great in the sense that it has one major aspect most shows don't (two leads dont start liking each other but trying to help each other with their respective interest in a person), not in terms of anything else. We have tsundere, misunderstood boy #1, character who hides true nature, and character who hides true feelings.

Golden Time wins in originality by having two leads get together very early on in the show (Even if female lead wasnt interested in male lead at beginning), and also by being set in college. Not only that they barely spend anytime in the college setting and more in their daily lives. Heck they dont even focus on the club they're a part of. Sure, Ghost Banri was kind of going on a ruining spree for a second there, but as of right now the only lead I hated was Linda and that's cause she was the same archetype as.. what's her face, the class clown in Toradora. I can't stand those characters.

Gazoinks

This is an acceptable girl ranking at this point in the series, but it is not an acceptable OP ranking. How can you even think of putting Ren'ai Circulation at the bottom. You monster.

Good song, but I don't find the visuals as interesting as the rest of the OPs.

Buddy Complex 8

We finally get the Aoba-Hina episode everybody was clamoring for. Sure it was a "two enemies left stranded on an island survive together" war show tv trope, but at least it got some character development out of Hina. This further solidifies the theory that
that this will all end up being a loop. Maybe Aoba dies at one point and Hina remembers he's from the past and travels there

Either ways now we'll probably get 2-3 episodes of Hina's confused developing feelings for Aoba.

Pilot's Feels Song 8

:'''''(

Wolfgang nooooooooooooooooo.

Gintama' 232 Renho Arc

Oh shit, Sakamoto and Mutsu are back, after being exploited in the OP with no results in the seasons before hand. And we have Not-Fujiko Mine.

Elizabeth was made to invade Earth, so he's a RUSE. INVASIONS YO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom