• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafe

The idea was that all entries on the list exhibit trancendence, which is the ability to be enjoyable or entertaining despite failing on anything that might be considered objective merits.

For example, The Core has some of the worst science in an action film and is shoddy at all levels, but I can't help but find it hilarious. List entries are all supposed to be like this in some way, even if not everyone can agree.

I don't know about many titles on the list but the English dub of Garzey's Wing definitely delivered. I don't know how others watch anime but I normally watch shows quietly and calmly. Garzey's Wing had me laughing out loud quite a few times though.

Gone Shopping in Yokohama 02 END
This episode was firehawk as hell. But so good.
Really liked this OVA although quite slow in pace.
It really helps you to appreciate the transience of everyday life as experienced by an immortal being. Pretty much :firehawk the OVA.

This reminds me that I still need to look for the manga. Good to see that you liked the OVAs.

Do you remember who's birthday was yesterday?

I don't have anything and checking Mr.Jeff's list of birthday's and there's nothing there either, so I don't know. Unless you're talking about someone who doesn't post in the anime threads.

So what will be the real AOTY: The Wind Rises or Gojira?

The new trailer looks pretty good. I liked that earlier one with the Oppenheimer quote of "I have become death" as it reminded me of the very first Godzilla and how it was more a symbol for the atomic bomb or kind of just the general calamities of war. Back before Godzilla kind of became a super hero that got into fights with other monsters.

How many copies are you buying? Haha.

Do you have a 3D TV?

Not furry is best furry for me.

Mio's been working out, hm?

madp I thought you said HapCha sucked? Why are you wearing a Hime avatar?

I was always figuring madp was just joking around.

madp lacks strength of conviction.

Also this,haha. He needs a "Kaonashi" avatar. Symbolism.

Wooser S2 8

woosers28.jpg

only the finest of birthday cakes to celebrate this holy crossover of chihaya & wooser

Awesome! Chihaya and "Gonzales". <3

survivor

Banned
Started watching Non Non Biyori again after reading some of Branduil's posts. I already watched episode 1 and episode 10 beforehand so I started with 9 and went all the way back to 6. Gonna finish the gap and then watch the last 3 episodes. It's a pretty charming show with lots of funny scenarios and reaction faces.

Started watching Non Non Biyori again after reading some of Branduil's posts. I already watched episode 1 and episode 10 beforehand so I started with 9 and went all the way back to 6. Gonna finish the gap and then watch the last 3 episodes. It's a pretty charming show with lots of funny scenarios and reaction faces.
That's a strange order, I would have at least thought you'd get to 4 after that considering the praise its gotten.

Articalys

I watched episodes 1-5 of NNB, after which point I got bored of it for some reason (though episode 4 was great) and never came back to it.

cajunator

Banned

Its like joy wrapped around a box of squees.

UY 46 was a fantastic episode. Of course, by that point in the show fantastic episodes aren't uncommon!

madp lacks strength of conviction.

Episode 46 was a treat. Best out of context use of mecha quotes.

Wooser S2 8

woosers28.jpg

only the finest of birthday cakes to celebrate this holy crossover of chihaya & wooser

Do you want me to watch this?

==========================================

Urusei Yatsura - 47

mUc4BzK.jpg

It's the almighty Helix Fossil.

The tv crew faking everything was hilarious, until that thing appeared! Had better animation than Naruto jumping trees and running in the water.

Gundam build fighters - 20

Every gundam anime need an ennemy and it seems that this time it's the "overly stupid and greedy corporates " that drag the sacred art of "gunpla" in the mud. Damn you all PPSE corporates does every badass character ( meijin , reiji , ral ) need to destroy your door to make you stop with the attempts of messing things up. they better deal with all of them BEFORE the finale because .....

Anyway that reveal worked almost as planned.
Too bad we couldn't see a battle fitting the 2 fighters , fellini was alright but aila wasn't at her best either.

It's a shame because aila , while a good fighter hadn't showed much on what she was capable before ( aside from the moment where she was introduced ). And while her character devellopement was nice i still think that the writters could have done more with her.

That part was quite good " you hit me again"

I loved the references

But i want to give a special mention to kirara ... i have to admit ... she started weirdly in this anime ( as an antagonist ) but they made her evolve almost perfectly and gave her a nice place... her moments with felini were overall good but that scene in this episode was great.. Overall again they did a good job making her go from " generic antagonist #1353643 to an actual character "

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Wooser S2 8

Holy shit, iM@S crossover!

Seki-kun 8

Wasn't expecting to enjoy this one all that much, but it turned out to be fantastic just like the previous shogi episode. Good stuff.

Syrinx

Chobits 1

Decided to get a bit of a better grasp as to what makes CLAMP CLAMP, and I ended up with this. And I guess this also has a bit of a weird ending, even if not Blood-C tier. I'm not expecting something great here, just something mildly entertaining. Really, though, why would you put the on/off switch in the crotch? Is this some metaphor as to how the genitals are essentially the on/off switches for human beings?

Anyhoo...

cajunator

Banned
ChiHYA AKA Gonzales AKA the best Puchi. I wouldn't betray my Makoto goddess for anyone.

yeah I was gonna say..

Chobits 1

Decided to get a bit of a better grasp as to what makes CLAMP CLAMP, and I ended up with this. And I guess this also has a bit of a weird ending, even if not Blood-C tier. I'm not expecting something great here, just something mildly entertaining. Really, though, why would you put the on/off switch in the crotch? Is this some metaphor as to how the genitals are essentially the on/off switches for human beings?

Anyhoo...

Chobits is a classic. It gets weird like well a Clamp show towards the end but I think youll like it. Be sure to see the Chibits bonus episode and be aware theres two episodes that are mostly recap.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Chobits 1

Anyhoo...
MKR would have been better. :(

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
You guys watch anime too fast, in the 6 months or so i've been watching Urusei Yatsura I've barely gotten to the 40's...

Nafe

Ah, I didn't pay close enough attention to the writing on her shirt there. That makes a bit more sense now.

There is still the second OVA series for me to check out. Also the manga has been sitting on my figurative shelf for a while I plan to read it soon.

Ah, you're right,haha.
Well, the next two are pretty good too with the second one doing things a little bit different.

The more I watch Natsume Yuujinchou, the more I become peaceful. It's extremely laidback in its presentation, art style, music and ambience.

needs more unnecessary pantsu

CorvoSol

Gundam build fighters - 20

Every gundam anime need an ennemy and it seems that this time it's the "overly stupid and greedy corporates " that drag the sacred art of "gunpla" in the mud. Damn you all PPSE corporates does every badass character ( meijin , reiji , ral ) need to destroy your door to make you stop with the attempts of messing things up. they better deal with all of them BEFORE the finale because .....

Anyway that reveal worked almost as planned.
Too bad we couldn't see a battle fitting the 2 fighters , fellini was alright but aila wasn't at her best either.

It's a shame because aila , while a good fighter hadn't showed much on what she was capable before ( aside from the moment where she was introduced ). And while her character devellopement was nice i still think that the writters could have done more with her.

That part was quite good " you hit me again"

I loved the references

But i want to give a special mention to kirara ... i have to admit ... she started weirdly in this anime ( as an antagonist ) but they made her evolve almost perfectly and gave her a nice place... her moments with felini were overall good but that scene in this episode was great.. Overall again they did a good job making her go from " generic antagonist #1353643 to an actual character "

So I think the reason that this fight was underwhelming is because 1) We already got the best fight we could out of Fellini and his loss here was predetermined and 2) Aila's best fight is still to come.

Mature

So I think the reason that this fight was underwhelming is because 1) We already got the best fight we could out of Fellini and his loss here was predetermined and 2) Aila's best fight is still to come.
Honestly, I would have loved to see
Felini go out with a bad ass self-destruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom