• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
HUnter x Hunter - 118

All that talking .... lovely

And i mean it ....

"i don't think my mind has ever thought this fast !"

Now the question is ... what does a killua can do ?

Theonik

MofuCoin: mined with fluffy tails
ibyPdpgAmmSLPq.png

replace as appropriate

Buddy Complex Episode 8
The truth behind coupling puts this into my favorite five mechas.
tumblr_n1l1epMzTT1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Fromm teasing Dio about it as well.

Plot was fairly standard stuff seen all over the place, though with Aoba it did make it feel more friendlier, sentimental, and lighthearted then usual. I enjoyed it.

Alright, do I still watch the Benizakura film or just skip it for the second movie?
First movie is a retelling of events you've already seen. Some new scenes and some thing changed. it's not as obligatory if you've just seen the entire anime.

Second movie is all new material and is a must-see for any gintama fan.

ibyPdpgAmmSLPq.png

replace as appropriate

lol i had to re-read this because for some reason my mind didn't see the first "s" in the "discs" word.

You guys watch anime too fast, in the 6 months or so i've been watching Urusei Yatsura I've barely gotten to the 40's...

I lost to much time with Idolm@ster. I have a 17 days vacation coming, and the backlog is just getting bigger.

Urusei Yatsura - 48

Being Kurama is suffering...or not?
No, being Kurama is suffering. Such is fate.
Edit: Forgot to add:
JARITEN IS PASSING TO MUCH TIME WITH ATARU!!

It brings nothing new to the table besides being a retelling and having better animation. The second film is supposed to be the send-off/end of the anime

like they haven't said that before LAWL

First movie is a retelling of events you've already seen. Some new scenes and some thing changed. it's not as obligatory if you've just seen the entire anime.

Second movie is all new material and is a must-see for any gintama fan.

Guess that lightens the load. Guess I'll just watch the second movie.

...and probably attempt to sit through the first one dubbed as much as it kills me

cajunator

Banned
I'll just assume you're referring to Miki as worst girl, because if you're talking about my Azusa.... :mad:

yeah he meant Miki.

Nope.

That was the one disappointing part of the fight for me, really. The idea of using
clear plastic to make Aila's funnels invisible
was actually really clever, I thought.

Star Driver 20

Tokio
Tsunashi.

O.

M.

G.

Well if you like Gundam build fighters you might like it. Angelic Layer is more simple for a younger audience but the battles are fun and the story is quite heartwarming. Plus Misaki is just adorable and very optimistic.

I thought that's what MALGraph was for.

I would back this currency

Syrinx

Chobits 2

Weird kid with several sexy persecoms (who tackle you in order to remove your shoes) analyzes Chi and they realize she does have learning software. Also he warns Hideki not to fall in love with her, or else it will hurt. Not sure this is much of a problem as long as Manager-san is around.

If Chi is one of these "legendary persecoms" the kid was talking about, how did she end up in the trash?

Like how they have intelligent robots and such, but Chi still has RGB cables.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I lost to much time with Idolm@ster. I have a 17 days vacation coming, and the backlog is just getting bigger.

Urusei Yatsura - 48

Being Kurama is suffering...or not?
No, being Kurama is suffering. Such is fate.
Edit: Forgot to add:
JARITEN IS PASSING TO MUCH TIME WITH ATARU!!
By the way, the subs don't make this clear, but Ataru adds "Jari"(Brat) to "Ten" as an insult.

rpmurphy

Futabu! 1

Well when you're adapting a source, not everything will stay the same in terms of character design, persay. Although it's safe to say we have our Sentai group established already (I think there was someone else joining the club very soon).

Our red haired girl is introduced to a club where she reacts that she's in a Winter Wonderland. This would probably be a place where Hijikata also gets his surplus of mayonnaise.

The brief workings of the girl's stature feels like a reminder where the taller, beefier ones have a 4th dimensional pockets to store the Incredible Caulk. Granted, when it comes to this stuff, everyone is like a 4th dimensional pocket.

I think one thing I would praise it is that it leaves far more for the imagination of the viewers, unlike other animes of this ilk where it's far too explicit in what it shows to the point of spiting its viewers for multiple reasons. Granted considering how unrealistic the scenario is, being super explicit would make zero fucking sense.

Animation wise, it's what you would expect from this. This however, felt really short, no thanks to the Opening being super long (over 7 minutes, what the fuck?), leaving little time to do more animation. Hope this isn't a trend going on from here. I barely care for OPs in this genre to begin with.

At least this is something SDBurton can get behind with though.
Lol this review.

What was the reason for the recoloring of Club Prez's hair anyway?

I believe in you. T_T

Lol don't go expecting too much ....

I mean in WCW , there are only 2 males in a sea of females ... i don't see how you cannot find characters you'll enjoy.

-------------------
Witchcraft works - 08

Another properly episode from the manga the backstory is still full of holes but it's clear that's it's on purpose now ... Neverless it's was cool to see how the princess grew-up if only a little.

The most intresting characters
( SDBurton alert )
were the princess friends again their backstory was excellent in how they all worked together in middle school.

I need to finish the manga ...

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Lol don't go expecting too much ....

I mean in WCW , there are only 2 males in a sea of females ... i don't see how you cannot find characters you'll enjoy.

I would've been fine if they just made the damn male MC a female! Teasing me with his mom having a pure romance back in the day only to give up and marry a man is just kicking me when I'm down. :(

I laugh at your reactions when yuri doesn't happen.

It pleases the Admiral.

Cold blooded. I need to re-watch some Sakura Trick episodes to lift my spirits.

cajunator

Banned
Chobits 2

Weird kid with several sexy persecoms (who tackle you in order to remove your shoes) analyzes Chi and they realize she does have learning software. Also he warns Hideki not to fall in love with her, or else it will hurt. Not sure this is much of a problem as long as Manager-san is around.

If Chi is one of these "legendary persecoms" the kid was talking about, how did she end up in the trash?

Like how they have intelligent robots and such, but Chi still has RGB cables.

No worries it gets weirder.

CorvoSol

I know, right?

I mean I already guessed that
he was unnaturally young
, but I didn't see
him being Takuto's father
coming AT. ALL. That whole episode man. That was actually a really good episode, I felt. Honestly I don't get the hate for Star Driver at all yet. I mean, sure, it's dumb, but it knows it is, and it runs with it. You really think a show where the main character is always going "IT'S A PIIIIIIIINCH" is taking itself seriously? And I mean, yeah, kissing through the glass is weird, and Wako's love triangle of unnecessary love triangleness is kinda wonky and the fights are too short, but hey, considering the mountains of shit I've seen in this genre, I really don't think Star Driver lives up to the hate it gets.

Syrinx

Chobits 3

Hideki starts prep school and gets a job at a pub because the owner's daughter (E-cup, really? Damn girl, you may wanna invest in a back brace) threw water on him and one thing led to another. Also Chi thinks everything is called Hideki.

I mean I already guessed that
he was unnaturally young
, but I didn't see
him being Takuto's father
coming AT. ALL. That whole episode man. That was actually a really good episode, I felt. Honestly I don't get the hate for Star Driver at all yet. I mean, sure, it's dumb, but it knows it is, and it runs with it. You really think a show where the main character is always going "IT'S A PIIIIIIIINCH" is taking itself seriously? And I mean, yeah, kissing through the glass is weird, and Wako's love triangle of unnecessary love triangleness is kinda wonky and the fights are too short, but hey, considering the mountains of shit I've seen in this genre, I really don't think Star Driver lives up to the hate it gets.

I didn't hate it, but the love triangle bothers me because in the sense of how many women wanted each of the protag's dick, they really shouldn't have been fighting over the girl next door. But I can't blame Wako for having reverse harem syndrome where she's the most interesting person in the world.

My complaints over the fights were that they all seemed to follow the boring formula of enter world> somebody screams takuto> baddie introduced him/herself> takuto spends next minute summoning robot and changing> baddie starts winning> fool this isn't even my final form> takuto wins

As beautiful as the animation was, the reuse of this formula just blurred the fights into the same thing for me to the point I swore they were reusing assets. Probably weren't, but my brain told me it did.

Someone else mentioned I shouldn't blame the show as it follows standard MOTW formula, but without any real stakes in the show besides "Who will be husbando?!" it lost its appeal. Also best girl didn't win and I'm still bitter.

CorvoSol

I didn't hate it, but the love triangle bothers me because in the sense of how many women wanted each of the protag's dick, they really shouldn't have been fighting over the girl next door. But I can't blame Wako for having reverse harem syndrome where she's the most interesting person in the world.

My complaints over the fights were that they all seemed to follow the boring formula of enter world> somebody screams takuto> baddie introduced him/herself> takuto spends next minute summoning robot and changing> baddie starts winning> fool this isn't even my final form> takuto wins

As beautiful as the animation was, the reuse of this formula just blurred the fights into the same thing for me to the point I swore they were reusing assets. Probably weren't, but my brain told me it did.

Someone else mentioned I shouldn't blame the show as it follows standard MOTW formula, but without any real stakes in the show besides "Who will be husbando?!" it lost its appeal. Also best girl didn't win and I'm still bitter.

I dunno, I feel like after this episode some amount of time has been invested in the possibility that this love triangle means something. I still have like six episodes to go, of course.

I'm sure if I deconstructed it I could bullshit a reason about what it meant. But truly it meant nothing. Once you finish the show we can discuss it to your heart's content since I finished it recently as well so it's relatively fresh in my mind.

Branduil

Not only that, but every fight until the end is robbed of all drama since you know Takuto can't lose.

Hahaha, wow. I walk into this topic when people are talking about Star Driver?

I like most of Enokido's work and Star Driver is definitely no exception. Maybe it's because I enjoy the series so much that I look too into it but I think the real meat of the series is seeing how these different trios of friends approach the struggles of adolescence. I don't find the actual fights that important and they are more a quick reason to give the focus to specific characters and trios. At it's core I think it's more of a show about characters trying to mature than the actual Cybody plot. The series has a lot of parallels to Revolutionary Girl Utena and I think people who have seen that series will understand it a little more. It's kind of like Mawaru Penguindrum in that it's a great show (IMO) but it's more simple than Enokido and Ikuhara's collaborative work (Utena).

Right now I'm finishing the first season ofSilver Spoon so I can start the second season. I'm watching Kuroko no Basket, Yowamushi Pedal, Space Dandy, and Samurai Flamenco as they air.

Samurai Flamenco 17...
The budget seemed better this episode but I'm sure it'll drop right back down this Thursday. I laughed more than I should have when they finally "finished" the second opening. I want to hug the team and tell them 'everything is OK.'

Midonin

The Puchimas!! S2 site updated, revealing some musical info.

We're getting a series of duet CDs, the Twelve*Campaigns this time around. Yayoi/Iori, Takane/Hibiki, Ritsuko/Haruka, Chihaya/Makoto, Yukiho/Miki, and Ami/Mami/Azusa.

The three ED themes have the theme of morning (Good Morning○Sunshine/オハヨ○サンシャイン), noon (Hello*Lunchtime) and night (Goodnight☆Stars). First one is by Yayoi, Iori, Hibiki and the twins. Second one is Ritsuko, Mako, Haruka and Chihaya. Third is Azusa, Takane, Yukiho and Miki.

All of this has been so I can say the first video's bonus disc is a character song for the Producer. I want to listen to this already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom