• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

That depends. They might not lose, but even so most don't have a plot device which demands the hero can never lose.

I think the plot device is being exaggerated here. They never out-and-out say "Oh Takuto can't lose." I mean, during the entire West Maiden arc there's no reason to believe that since we saw that the North Maiden was free to leave and live a perfectly normal life and the villains were not yet at World Domination phase. Heck, even at this late stage in the show I'm not really getting that, since we've seen two Maidens walk away just fine.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
The Puchimas!! S2 site updated, revealing some musical info.

We're getting a series of duet CDs, the Twelve*Campaigns this time around. Yayoi/Iori, Takane/Hibiki, Ritsuko/Haruka, Chihaya/Makoto, Yukiho/Miki, and Ami/Mami/Azusa.

The three ED themes have the theme of morning (Good Morning○Sunshine/オハヨ○サンシャイン), noon (Hello*Lunchtime) and night (Goodnight☆Stars). First one is by Yayoi, Iori, Hibiki and the twins. Second one is Ritsuko, Mako, Haruka and Chihaya. Third is Azusa, Takane, Yukiho and Miki.

All of this has been so I can say the first video's bonus disc is a character song for the Producer. I want to listen to this already.

Waaaat. Should've been a Haruka/Chihaya duet goddammit!

cajunator

Banned
Chobits 3

Hideki starts prep school and gets a job at a pub because the owner's daughter (E-cup, really? Damn girl, you may wanna invest in a back brace) threw water on him and one thing led to another. Also Chi thinks everything is called Hideki.

Theres an episode in there where Hideki has to buy panties. Its special.

CorvoSol

War in the Pocket 3

I'm not a huge fan of Zeon, but even I think Bernie is a great guy. Probably why his brief affection for Chris makes his
the most tragic romance in Gundam.

Articalys

Waaaat. Should've been a Haruka/Chihaya duet goddammit!
Remember though, this is the Puchimas universe. I don't remember that pairing really being a thing there, though I could be wrong. Yayoi/Iori sure is in both universes, though, and at least they got that right.

Future Card Buddyfight 06

Man, the prick literally got owned way too easily. I'm kinda surprised our main character was even that good anyway.

Narag

War in the Pocket 3

I'm not a huge fan of Zeon, but even I think Bernie is a great guy. Probably why his brief affection for Chris makes his
the most tragic romance in Gundam.

Why are you watching good stuff? Who are you and what did you do with the real corvo?

Gintama: The Final Chapter - Eien no Tomodachi - Be Forever Odd Jobs

Nice to see Shinpachi being badass one last time, odd to see Kagura acting as if
she was wearing nothing at all, nothing at all, nothing at all

Kind of wish I could've started Gintama sooner to give this movie a shot in the polls, but alas.

Rather surprised that the beginning segment was actually relevant to the movie as a whole.

The future wasn't that bad, I mean... we got Katsura to finally merge with the Shinsengumi right??

Although, everyone was so hollow, because Gin left his waifus and teammates. All because he came down with a disease that was destined to kill everyone. RIP

Man writing this is difficult.

It achieved the spirit of Gintama for the most part, given that comedy was still there. Loved that end segment
where everyone started to disappear. LOL Hasegawa was the only one with bad intentions. Katsura being high and mighty before being arrested. The sequence with the Odd Jobs. A moment in where Shinpachi being the glasses was hilarious. All of that was good stuff.

Actually... it made everyone cool... Okay not everyone, and by that, I mean Catherine, but who cares? Everyone looked awesome. That alone made it a great send off to the Gintama crew, and that's what matters the most. Although..... I'm still not fond of when the camera is panning across a battlefield like at the beginning. Not use to it Sunrise. I wasn't too fond of it with One Piece Film Z (even though you weren't responsible for the movie, Toei was), but it's still weird.

I guess.... ..... I guess that's everything I needed to see of the Gintama anime.... anything else is bonus (unless it's a continuation, then yes please). Thank you for the 16 days.

Cloudy

Banned
Buddy Complex Episode 8
The truth behind coupling puts this into my favorite five mechas.
tumblr_n1l1epMzTT1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Fromm teasing Dio about it as well.

Plot was fairly standard stuff seen all over the place, though with Aoba it did make it feel more friendlier, sentimental, and lighthearted then usual. I enjoyed it.

I like the show quite a bit. It's no Gundam SEED though...

Oh lord.

So much anime, so little time.

Time to start up Hamatora...

Edit: Anyone else watching CR on PS4? If so does a show randomly stutter a lot? Because that is what it's doing on mine....

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Witch Craft Works - 07

The screenshots I want to post are lewd. ( - 3 -)

Eyepatch girl is best tower witch. <3

CorvoSol

Why are you watching good stuff? Who are you and what did you do with the real corvo?

No it's the real me still, let me prove it:

Nobunaga the Fool 8

At this point I just want to know how awful this show can look. Like by rights this should've been a cool fight but man this CGI is so baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Quasar

D-Frag 8 / Seitokai Yakuindomo* 8 - Both pretty good. The latter continuing with its lewdness and fourth wall breakage. The former I was so happy with...getting a pure Kenji/Takao episode, which is probably my favourite aspect of the show.

Tokyo Ravens 20 - Nice. So much revealed. Maybe they will do it after all. Naaaaaah.

Jarmel

Banned
I mean I already guessed that
he was unnaturally young
, but I didn't see
him being Takuto's father
coming AT. ALL. That whole episode man. That was actually a really good episode, I felt. Honestly I don't get the hate for Star Driver at all yet. I mean, sure, it's dumb, but it knows it is, and it runs with it. You really think a show where the main character is always going "IT'S A PIIIIIIIINCH" is taking itself seriously? And I mean, yeah, kissing through the glass is weird, and Wako's love triangle of unnecessary love triangleness is kinda wonky and the fights are too short, but hey, considering the mountains of shit I've seen in this genre, I really don't think Star Driver lives up to the hate it gets.

I'm kinda surprised you didn't guess this earlier. I thought it was fairly obvious way before hand.
Both having red hair and identical mechs was the big indicator for me.
I thought they might have been brothers for a bit but then Takuto kept going on about wanting to punch his dad.

Hamatora 1

Been a long time since an anime hooked me in one episode. It has an interesting concept and all the characters names are easy to remember. :p

Nice is a badass. All the Millinium Holders are. It has just the right mix of comedy and action. The only thing that bothered me was when words or images would flash on screen and I would barely make out what it said. It would throw me off. It's fast paced so it requires your full attention when watching. (kind of like KLK in how quickly things would move) Thought it was interesting how they didn't shy away from the scene where the guys
father was with a college girl.

And the cliffhanger at the end definitely hooked me on the shows promise and premise. So yeah I am hooked to this show. And honestly, I think this might be (just from one episode viewing) one of the more underrated anime this season.

Link Man

Banned
Just catching up with the thread.

If this was your wish, you got screwed. But now you need to post selfies in your magical girl outfit.

Chobits 1

Decided to get a bit of a better grasp as to what makes CLAMP CLAMP, and I ended up with this. And I guess this also has a bit of a weird ending, even if not Blood-C tier. I'm not expecting something great here, just something mildly entertaining. Really, though, why would you put the on/off switch in the crotch? Is this some metaphor as to how the genitals are essentially the on/off switches for human beings?

Anyhoo...

May god have mercy on your soul.

Tokyo Ravens 20

Wow, that was actually really well done...
Hearing Harutora screaming for Natsume in the background as she had a dying dream was damn effective, as was the music and directing.

I know this probably isn't going to stick based on the nature of the series, but if it did, damn is that way more heavy than anything else in the show.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
For anyone curious, and I don't know why, but the Chuu2 movie has about 15 minutes of a wacky dream sequence that is new footage at the beginning and about 5-10 minutes of new footage at the end setting up the premise of season 2.

d-frag 8

hnnngh best girl! Fire arrow~

kinda want to rewatch the good seasons of hayate no gotoku.
Oh yes, she's Morishima-sempai/Koooookooooo/Hinagiku, of course. Destined to lose, based on the last one!

Hamatora 2

After a great first episode this one was kinda so-so. Was still interesting to watch and revealed new info about how not
all Milinium holders are created equal which also helped flesh out exactly what the serial killer is doing in the show
. Other than that nothing too exciting happened. Which was a shame. Still the animation was great. Hopefully episode 3 will be a lot better and bring that "cool" factor that episode 1 oozed of.

Link Man

Banned
Chobits is a good show.

Well, everyone's entitled to their opinions. The only thing I'll say is that I watched this show a couple of months ago, and remember little about it.

------------------------------------------------

Shiki 3

Things are starting to get a bit creepy now, especially after Masao is introduced.

cajunator

Banned
Well, everyone's entitled to their opinions. The only thing I'll say is that I watched this show a couple of months ago, and remember little about it.

------------------------------------------------

Shiki 3

Things are starting to get a bit creepy now, especially after Masao is introduced.

I watched it when it was first released and several times since lol. its not Clamps worst effort.

Quasar

Chobits is the show that taught me anime could be horrible.

Legend of the Overfiend did that for me. Chobits I just found mediocre...at least what I saw of it.

Not that I really needed to be taught...ever medium can be horrible, and 90% of everything is crap, etc.

Quasar

How was it horrible? It wasnt ground breaking but it wasnt horrible either. It made sense, had good characters, a fair bit of drama, good music, cute art, clampness. It was pretty decent.

I imagine some of it is the ickiness of the concept for some people. Ditto derivative stuff like Dears...which oddly I watched even after giving up on Chobits.

jman2050

Lack of Hiroki Hayashi, probably.

Possibly, but that seems like too simple an answer. The cataclysmic disaster that was OVA3 required a lot more things to go completely wrong than merely the absence of one guy.

Also for posterity's sake, to put it into perspective, take my long-standing vendetta against K-On, combine it with Branduil's long-standing crusade against Angel Beats, multiply the result by a factor of 5, and that'll come close to representing how disappointed I was in OVA3. My posts about it date back to at least 2009, I just checked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom