• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

May god have mercy on your soul.

Well, everyone's entitled to their opinions. The only thing I'll say is that I watched this show a couple of months ago, and remember little about it.

You might want to save your prayers for something a lot worse than "forgettable". I can get over forgettable. I can leave forgettable behind and move on. Hell I can leave bad and move on. I can count the number of anime that actively irritated me on one hand.

OceanBlue

Tokyo Ravens 20

I didn't ask for this.

Dammit, this better not be permanent. I'm fine with bullshit plot devices or whatever, just bring Natsume back to life or don't have her die at all ;_;.
Also the animation was pretty hilariously bad this episode. I knew I should've watched this after D-Frag. Now I'm not in the mood at all. :|

Tokyo Ravens 20

I didn't ask for this.

Dammit, this better not be permanent. I'm fine with bullshit plot devices or whatever, just bring Natsume back to life or don't have her die at all ;_;.
Also the animation was pretty hilariously bad this episode. I knew I should've watched this after D-Frag. Now I'm not in the mood at all. :|
She's not going to stay dead, no way do I believe that. I wish she would though.

FYC

Banned
Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth

iTmUCdU.gif

This was a surprisingly great Naruto spin-off. It focuses on Team Guy's daily adventures while spotlighting many of the side characters that were seemingly forgotten in the main series. The art style is absolutely adorable, and most of the episodes had me laughing from start to finish. A must watch for Naruto fans, and hell, anyone just looking for a lighthearted comedy(though a few jokes will go over your head if you're unfamiliar with the series).

CorvoSol

I'm kinda surprised you didn't guess this earlier. I thought it was fairly obvious way before hand.
Both having red hair and identical mechs was the big indicator for me.
I thought they might have been brothers for a bit but then Takuto kept going on about wanting to punch his dad.

But he has purple hair? I mean, I'm not saying the clues weren't there, but it sure didn't click with me till he said that.

But it had the original creator and director!

*sobs*

Slayers Revolution was the same, but the bar wasn't as high.

I keep meaning to go and see Revolution but my love of NEXT keeps telling me its a bad idea.

Hamatora 8
Well it was mostly a silly episode aside from the beginning and end with Moral. Sort of funny to see Three as a high school student.

Articalys

Gokukoku no Brynhildr is revealing the cast for the show in a unique way -- have the characters introduce themselves in this cute little PV that completely betrays the actual main tone of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW67qKKB1sg

Ryota Murakami: Ryota Ohska
Neko Kuroha: Risa Taneda
Kana Tachibana: Aya Suzaki
Kazumi Schlieren-Sauer: M.A.O.
Kotori Takatori: Azusa Tadokoro

Articalys

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Honestly, I think it was more a matter of Love Hina being at the right place and right time. Getting released around the high point of the Anime boom and being the first harem series for a lot of people.
It aired in 2000, but wasn't on R1 DVD until 2002 when it had already achieved notoriety here. Tenchi Muyo was on Cartoon Network in 2000 as well after being available in America since the mid 90's. That it was the first for most is hard to believe.

It also doesn't match what I remember of the time.

Link Man

Banned
Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl 11

The series has felt a bit dull to me for a little while; I still enjoy it, but nothing really stands out. The first half of the series, with its more frantic comedic pace, was much better suited for my tastes, I think.

e_i

Sentai has solicited their June releases:

http://sentaifilmworks.tumblr.com/p...filmworks-official-june-2014-release-schedule

Amnesia (BDDVD, w/dub)
Henneko (BD/DVD, sub only)
Dog & Scissors (DVD, sub only)
Leviathan ~ The Last Defense (BD/DVD, sub only)
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha (BD/DVD, sub only)
Busou Shinki (DVD, sub only)
Hyakka Ryoran Samurai Bride (BD/DVD, w/dub)

Shame that they didn't think some of those were worth a dub...

I can the rest...but Henneko and MaoYuu?

The World God Only Knows: Goddesses 01

This episode answered most of the questions I had after watching Tenri-Hen. More people who remember Keima now, some goddesses and a mysterious new character at the end. Interesting.

Mature

Looks like there's a couple theaters less than an hour from me that'll be screening Short Peace on the 3rd. Think I might just have to go to one. =]

Tokyo Ravens 20
It was sort of sad at the end with
Natsume dying to save Haratora though there was some foreshadowing in the beginning of the episode
and hardly any Kon to help alleviate that.

Familiar to Zero Second season

Oh so now even the Princess loves him.

Nope_nope_nope.gif

MIND-NUMBING HAREM ALERT!

Fuck this shit anime. How can the author even have the nerve to take his own shit that he spews so seriously. I skipped to the last season by accident and nothings changed, except the the number of poor girls that seem to fall inexplicably in love with Saito. Don't even get me started on this piece of shit that is Saito. After spending god know how long screaming "Louise' and how he cannot live without her, kisses her several times and then forgets it the next fucking episode and acts bewildered when Louise gets angry when he makes moves on other girls. How thick can one be.

I feel dumb for just watching this.

Midonin

Inari, Kon Kon, Koi Iroha. 07

Heartwarming little episode, for Inari and her brother. (Also, they apparently have a Woo gaming system.) All the little ways that divine power keeps affecting her lend a natural progression to the story, and seeing Sumizome standing up for her was a great little moment.

Full staff for Ping Pong:

Director: Maasaki Yuasa
Character Design: Nobutake Ito (Giovanni's Island, all of Yuasa's TV shows)
Music: Kensuke Ushio
Color Design: Kunio Tsujita (Tatami Galaxy)
Art Director: Kevin Aymeric (Kick-Heart)
Director of Photography: Shunsuke Nakamura (Gatchaman Crowds)
Editing: Kashiko Kimura (Tatami Galaxy)
Sound Director: Eriko Kimura (Tatami Galaxy)
Animation Production: Tatsunoko Production

i dont get why im still watching vanguard... maybe because its not all mystical crap (yet?) and its surprisingly honest with its objective of selling you cards.

Or because of emi and misaki.

survivor

Banned

I have been following his blog after watching Kick-Heart, good talent there. I really want to see what sort of crazy things they pull for the backgrounds and ping pong scenes now.

Narag

It aired in 2000, but wasn't on R1 DVD until 2002 when it had already achieved notoriety here. Tenchi Muyo was on Cartoon Network in 2000 as well after being available in America since the mid 90's. That it was the first for most is hard to believe.

It also doesn't match what I remember of the time.

I remember the animeondvd.com guy being so psyched for that release.

Theonik

0_0 I'm on the second episode of the second season and I could barely stand it.

But why? Why did you continue watching? Was it hope?
I watched most of both seasons in essentially 2-3 days. You get used to it and begin to take in the good things. Maybe.
Episode 02 of season 2 made me want to kill people however.

A high pain tolerance together with a strong completionist streak is a dangerous combination.
And there is also that.

Midonin

Maken-Ki! Two 07

How very Ted-like. Seeing Kodama take the spotlight I'm okay with (she and Suzu really are the same character type, aren't they?), and provided some hometown to go with the usual amounts of boobs that the show always provides. The ending got unusually sentimental, but it's also perfectly in line with what I'd expect from this show. As for next week.... well. This is going places.

DrWong

A little news, sorry if already known.

I saw Patema last week and it's a good movie. I also had the chance to met Yoshiura a few days ago to talk about the movie and when I asked him what he was working on right now he said it's an animated short which should be released in March in Japan. He also told me he's already working on his next film.

Jex

I am excited for this!

Jex

A little news, sorry if already known.

I saw Patema last week and it's a good movie. I also had the chance to met Yoshiura a few days ago to talk about the movie and when I asked him what he was working on right now he said it's an animated short which should be released in March in Japan. He also told me he's already working on his next film.

Huh, awesome. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom