• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

I watched most of both seasons in essentially 2-3 days. You get used to it and begin to take in the good things. Maybe.
Episode 02 of season 2 made me want to kill people however.

And there is also that.

I told you there was four seasons of that thing.

I told you!

The red flags were there all along.

Branduil

PPXSwoX.jpg

A work of substance and truth.

A little news, sorry if already known.

I saw Patema last week and it's a good movie. I also had the chance to met Yoshiura a few days ago to talk about the movie and when I asked him what he was working on right now he said it's an animated short which should be released in March in Japan. He also told me he's already working on his next film.

Great to hear Yoshiura is continuing his work in film.

CorvoSol

That's why you let others do the dirty work for you so you don't learn things the hard way.

...when possible.

I always assumed that the suffering of others was like a treasure map. Other people went through bad shows, and if I follow their bad shows, I get the treasure!

The treasure is more pain.

He'll save her with a beam saber jacuzzi.

hawt

Space Dandy 8

I found the first half to be funny, although.... a bit pointless. Clearly a cheap attempt to get a feel, and it failed, considering... there wasn't enough investment to really care. The latter half was like.... not as good. BUT I THOUGHT THE SECOND HALF WERE THE ONLY GOOD HALVES! Someone lied to me.

Seems like more folk around the internet warching Inarin Konkon have realized that Touka and Uka are infinitely more interesting than protag with her little girl crush and her yuri friend drama.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I thought those who suffered bad anime for the sakes of completion were just one half of AnimeGAF. The other consisting of those get off on the former's suffering. Though I suppose there's an endless cycle element to it with the former turning into the later to turn others into the former.

cnet128

Banned
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha 7

Tanbabashi-kun realises he likes Inari! MUTUAL FEELINGS GET

Also blah blah Touka Uka something something why are we wasting time on this subplot when we only have ten episodes.

Sumizome lashing out at Tanbabashi for his misunderstanding was gold.

CorvoSol

hawt

Space Dandy 8

I found the first half to be funny, although.... a bit pointless. Clearly a cheap attempt to get a feel, and it failed, considering... there wasn't enough investment to really care. The latter half was like.... not as good. BUT I THOUGHT THE SECOND HALF WERE THE ONLY GOOD HALVES! Someone lied to me.

Space Dandy is a weird show for me. I don't think it's a bad show, but I have a hard time deciding if I think it's funny or just really quirky. Kinda don't know what I'm doing with that show.

Honestly the only shows I'm watching this season I'm all that invested in are GBF, KLK and Samumenco, and I could probably drop KLK and still be okay. Only thing I'd REALLY miss would be the sound track.

I already dropped Buddy Complex this season, because it sucks ass, and Nobunaga the Fool's constant drama and crap fights are in the way of the wackiness I wanted from it, so it's already on my chopping block. Dandy, though, I could go either way.

Midonin

Witch Craft Works 08

MG3sFcC.jpg

Going from a somewhat touching flashback to anarchy in the span of a few minutes was quite a turn. Also, nurse Kagari is sexy. The image of Tanpopo's rabbits just casually doing errands at the end capped off the episode in a good way. On top of some fantastic yuri confessions.

As a reminder. Makoto Shinkai's Crossroad short is now available!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfbNS_GKhPw#t=16

fucking gorgeous.

How is this not an anime?!?! I would totally watch this! Freakin amazing art.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clannad After Story 15 - 24 (3rd Rewatching)

I can't.... I just can't.... Even though this is my third time rewatching the anime it still gets me. Every. Single. Time. It doesn't miss a beat when it wants to get you emotional. The tears! Make them stop....

Link Man

Banned
Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl 12

So, this show is getting all philosophical now at the end. However, I can't help but feel that FLCL already tackled this subject in exactly the same way.

One more episode to go.

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha 7

Tanbabashi-kun realises he likes Inari! MUTUAL FEELINGS GET

Also blah blah Touka Uka something something why are we wasting time on this subplot when we only have ten episodes.

Sumizome lashing out at Tanbabashi for his misunderstanding was gold.

It's a fan favorite and fans constantly argue whether this should've been the focus. In fact it becomes basically the focus for a while in the next few episodes to the delight of the majority (at least in manga circles, anime fans seem to lean this way)

Michiko & Hatchin 11
The reunion of the two. It was very heartwarming but I do wonder what happened to the first batch of kids. That journalist is still a scumbag though

cajunator

Banned
Don't get me started with that shit. Ugh.

What about Kitsune? :(

Kitsune was ehhh. I liked Shinobu. It probably was my like of short blue haired girls or something. I hated Naru lol.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr is revealing the cast for the show in a unique way -- have the characters introduce themselves in this cute little PV that completely betrays the actual main tone of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW67qKKB1sg

Ryota Murakami: Ryota Ohska
Neko Kuroha: Risa Taneda
Kana Tachibana: Aya Suzaki
Kazumi Schlieren-Sauer: M.A.O.
Kotori Takatori: Azusa Tadokoro

Ohhh my cute!

Sentai has solicited their June releases:

http://sentaifilmworks.tumblr.com/p...filmworks-official-june-2014-release-schedule

Amnesia (BD/DVD, w/dub)
Henneko (BD/DVD, sub only)
Dog & Scissors (DVD, sub only)
Leviathan ~ The Last Defense (BD/DVD, sub only)
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha (BD/DVD, sub only)
Busou Shinki (DVD, sub only)
Hyakka Ryoran Samurai Bride (BD/DVD, w/dub)

Shame that they didn't think some of those were worth a dub...

edit: pre-order links updated.

Henneko and MMY are already in my cart lol.

cnet128

Banned
It's a fan favorite and fans constantly argue whether this should've been the focus. In fact it becomes basically the focus for a while in the next few episodes to the delight of the majority (at least in manga circles, anime fans seem to lean this way)

Just because some people are wrong doesn't change the fact that it's the least interesting part of the show. Touka is an awful character, his constant abrasive male-tsundere-ing is borderline intolerable and I can't bring myself to give a shit what happens to him. Uka is admittedly kind of adorable sometimes, but I don't feel much need to see her romantic endeavours, least of all with that guy.

Inari, meanwhile, is da bes, and is surrounded by all the characters who are actually likable. QED, Touka needs to gtfo of the screentime that would be better devoted to literally anyone else.

Just because some people are wrong doesn't change the fact that it's the least interesting part of the show. Touka is an awful character, his constant abrasive male-tsundere-ing is borderline intolerable and I can't bring myself to give a shit what happens to him. Uka is admittedly kind of adorable sometimes, but I don't feel much need to see her romantic endeavours, least of all with that guy.

Inari, meanwhile, is da bes, and is surrounded by all the characters who are actually likable. QED, Touka needs to gtfo of the screentime that would be better devoted to literally anyone else.

lol you are the complete opposite of like most other discussion sites for manga/anime I've seen. I only expected few people here to care more about Inari's story. SDBurton, Cajunator and yourself were among the usual suspects of people I'd expect would prefer Inari. One down, two to go. Unless they don't watch this show

Theonik

Ban please.

cajunator

Banned
A little news, sorry if already known.

I saw Patema last week and it's a good movie. I also had the chance to met Yoshiura a few days ago to talk about the movie and when I asked him what he was working on right now he said it's an animated short which should be released in March in Japan. He also told me he's already working on his next film.

I really would like to see that.

I am excited for this!

Remember the old Ping Pong club anime? Oh that was SOMETHING.
It was also really really NSFW.

I always assumed that the suffering of others was like a treasure map. Other people went through bad shows, and if I follow their bad shows, I get the treasure!

The treasure is more pain.

But you are watching Kino's Journey. No painful badness!

All this InaKon discussion almost makes me want to actually watch the show so I can take a side.

I watched the first episode, and that is enough to declare that Uka is superior. :p

I'd highly recommend reading the manga. The animation isn't out of this world for the anime, and the voice acting is ok but everything else has been pretty lackluster. The anime also ends in like 2-3 episodes so you won't get all that Uka-lovin

Uka chaka uka chaka uka uka uka chaka

I CAN'T STOP THIS FEELIN

Midonin

I also prefer the Inari side of things. It has the yuri goggle moments, Inari's adorable in her awkwardness, and the Touka story just seems kind of... normal. It's not bad, I just don't like it as much. It almost never comes up in my episode impressions.

While the idea of a story running in a seinen magazine that's, for the most part, a normal supernatural love comedy told from the girls' perspective is something I can get behind. Uka's great, and I like the friendship she's forming with Inari.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom