• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
So InaKon is only 10 episodes?

There's a natural stopping point in the manga that fits in with that, but all the (mango spoilz)
subplots aren't going to be resolved at all. Including the whole yuri angst thing.

I guess this really is a commercial. lol

Well we better hope that manga sales have grown since the anime started.

Duck season

Rabbid season

duck tastes better. duck wins.

HifPmjy.gif

Replace with Cajun

Oh, because the Uka/Touka scenario isn't generic and predictable at all. It's completely one-note. Uka: "Oh no I think I may have feelings for a huuuuuman whatever will I do? I know let's blush around him a bit then go to his room and play videogames." Touka: "Tsun tsun tsun I'm a male tsundere who missed the memo about the dere part, I clearly don't hate this girl but let's act like I do and glare at her all the time for no reason while 'begrudgingly' allowing her to spend time with me." Rinse and repeat every time they're on screen together.

Touka clealry doesn't like Uka at first due to bad memories but we can see that he slowly grows attached to her. You may call it being tsun but really I see it as him having an internal struggle on whether having a relationship with Uka is something he should actively seek. I mean she is a god.

The relationship and melodrama between Tanabashi and Inari is just typical shoujo and a bad one at that.

Lol what? Touka and Uka are nice side characters but that's all they are. Uka is still struggling with the same problem as in the beginning of the series with virtually no development. Their relationship just consists of Touka being tsundere while Uka reacts in the same way every time. There isn't even anything to be predictable about in their relationship because nothing happens.

Actually she has developed. From the manga it seems she is now contemplating turning human due to her love for Touka.

wait are peeps really hatin on uka x touka itt?

welp time to burn this shit down

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well we better hope that manga sales have grown since the anime started.
You would hope so anyway. The anime has been charming, if nothing else. Inari is a decent enough shoujo protagonist, even if she's way more of a pushover than most of them.

Would the subplots get resolved in 2 more episodes?
The "big plot" will presumably get resolved, along with the
soft reset
, but the stuff like
the love triangle and yuri angst
probably won't.
Welcome to pretty much all adaptations.
Especially the Kodakawa ones. lol

As I explained in a post earlier, I find it more promising than any Precure yet.

But it's one thing to promise, and another to deliver!

I guess I'll make a response.

Right now, I'm still wondering how Yuuko/Cure Honey is handled. Hime and Fortune already seem plot relevant, and we know she'll get more focus the moment she decides to shack up with the crew. Yuuko is the real wild card for right now. She's rather reserved in comparison to both Hime and Megumi, who are rather.... "loud' in comparison to her.

I can see she's contrasts with that, but I'm hoping she doesn't suffer too much like
Cure Sunshine
where she has that "third wheel" feel.

You would hope so anyway. The anime has been charming, if nothing else. Inari is a decent enough shoujo protagonist, even if she's way more of a pushover than most of them.

The "big plot" will presumably get resolved, along with the
soft reset
, but the stuff like
the love triangle and yuri angst
probably won't.

Especially the Kodakawa ones. lol

I don't expect 2/3 romance stories to resolve until the very end. While Touka/Uma's has already advanced considerably. So unless the author decides to Nisekoi I'll continue to read.

CorvoSol

I was really excited for Grievous in Episode III thanks to that. And then, you know, he didn't actually do too much.

Oh yeah, biggest disappointment in the entire movie, I think.

Cajun food is amazing so this is common.

This is like the pig at the restaurant and the end of the universe trying to get them to eat him.

Star Driver 21

This would've been better if Takuto had actually had to kill her. Because Kei and Madoka are the worst characters in the whole show.

Like I said each person will have his/her preferences and bias. This all started because somebody didn't love Uka x Touka as much as the rest of us and shit started.

Your favorite anime is shit.

Branduil

But I said I couldn't enjoy good anime.
rimshot

Symbiotic Titan 6

I can, however, still enjoy good Western Cartoons. Let's talk about them for a minute. I love Adventure Time, I do, and I still get a kick out of Spongebob when I sit down to watch it, but let's do some real talk: ain't nobody makes a good Western 'toon the way Tartakovsky does. Specifically action cartoons. I mean, this man gives me a Mecha show, the legendary Samurai Jack, AND his version of the Clone Wars is still probably the best thing related to the prequel trilogy. And that's before we look at the rest of his resume. Tartakovsky is king, y'all.

This episode was a good one for the cast, delving into the backstory of Lance and adding some depth to Ilana, but as usual, it was all Newton all the time. It's really hard to decide which Newton is the best. His boxy, nerdy, high school look, his frazzled, haggard dad look, or his goofy clear robot default. The point is Newton is the boss.

Too bad he's also been corrupted by duckroll's future of anime.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't expect 2/3 romance stories to resolve until the very end. While Touka/Uma's has already advanced considerably. So unless the author decides to Nisekoi I'll continue to read.
Yeah, the manga is pleasant enough... but I just end up forgetting about most of them unfortunately. Otherwise I'd be reading Kamisama Kiss and Say I Love You right now.

fertygo

Welcome to pretty much all adaptations.

TBH I'm also feeling should be more selective in watching manga adaptation.

I'm enjoying Inari and Noragami, but the short length make me feel shouldn't watch it at all and just checking the source material (or not at all) from the first place instead following the anime that just stopped in weird place before getting the juicy part of stories and then have no hope of sequel because not getting success that producer want :(

Feel like at least I should confident the manga have structure that ensure the anime adaptation stopping at proper place like Yozakura Quarter and Witchcraft Works, both title always having short arc after short arc that making it easy to adapt as anime.

The World God Only Knows: Goddesses 02

Keima has his work cut out for him now.

All the goddesses are only
in some of Keima's previous targets? That seems fortunate.
. I see both Tsukiyo and Yui are now a part of the story too.

cnet128

Banned
Heartcatch Precure! 14

Dead Mother's Day episode. Classmate whose mother died a few years back is having a tough time looking after her adorable little sister on her own. They fight, big sis gets turned into Desatorian, everyone learns something about each other, tearful making-up ensues, happy end!

(Yes, it was pretty formulaic, but it was fun anyway. Mainly because the little sister was so precious.)

Oh, and...new Fashion Club member get! Woooooo!

Crocodile

But I said I couldn't enjoy good anime.
rimshot

Symbiotic Titan 6

I can, however, still enjoy good Western Cartoons. Let's talk about them for a minute. I love Adventure Time, I do, and I still get a kick out of Spongebob when I sit down to watch it, but let's do some real talk: ain't nobody makes a good Western 'toon the way Tartakovsky does. Specifically action cartoons. I mean, this man gives me a Mecha show, the legendary Samurai Jack, AND his version of the Clone Wars is still probably the best thing related to the prequel trilogy. And that's before we look at the rest of his resume. Tartakovsky is king, y'all.

This episode was a good one for the cast, delving into the backstory of Lance and adding some depth to Ilana, but as usual, it was all Newton all the time. It's really hard to decide which Newton is the best. His boxy, nerdy, high school look, his frazzled, haggard dad look, or his goofy clear robot default. The point is Newton is the boss.

Wait if you already knew the glory of Genndy, why didn't you watch this series a year (two at this point?) ago and mourn with us when it was cancelled? Why are you only watching it now?

I gotta agree on your other point, Genndy action > all other western action. Overall, action animation in the West is in the fucking dumps :( Bums me out. TMNT 2012 is actually legit good though so if you're not super adverse to CGI I'd recommend it.

Too bad he's also been corrupted by duckroll's future of anime.

Not sure what you mean by this. I know Genndy is stuck at Sony for a while (though Hotel Transylvania made money so that's good for his cred regardless of how good that movie was) but did something else happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom