• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link Man

Banned
Engaged to the Unidentified 8

iuzYX9V7u9Y2e.jpg

*Cue Sir Mix-a-Lot*

Another fun episode, but come on. You give me this screencap:

ireNYw1D7rr64.jpg

Then tone down the Benio insanity? That's just cruel.

Also, this should set things in motion.

Nagi no Asukara 21

God damn Manaka and Akira are absolutely adorable.

Kaname said it right.
Manaka waking up was fairly anticlimactic. It also looks like Chisaki and Tsumugu are starting to feel left out, which may bring them even closer. Sayu and Miuna essentially replaced them on the group.

Only Tsumugu would be so damn happy to
have a fish curse on his arm. I remember looking at some NagiAsu shipping chart and it had Tsumugu X Ocean and I died laughing.

Manaka almost looked too perky and happy so I hope its not something like shes trying to take in as much as she can be

New interesting additions to the OP as well. Happy to see
Uroko
back for the next episode.

jbug617

Banned
Sentai's response to the 1 disc blurays for Henneko and Maoyuu

@Sentaifilmworks: A lot of you guys have asked us about some of our June Blu-ray releases coming on only one disc, specifically Maoyu and HENNEKO...[cont]

@Sentaifilmworks: ...since these releases contain just one audio track, there is more than enough room on one BD for all eps. without degradation of quality.

https://twitter.com/Sentaifilmworks/status/439076731685974016
https://twitter.com/Sentaifilmworks/status/439077673756020736

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Apparently, Yasuharu Takanashi is composing Sailor Moon 201X. I just knew that Toei was going to fuck it up somehow. I'm so sorry everyone. The dream is dead.

CorvoSol

In the end I guess it's just one of those things where it's assumed that if you took the time to wait for membership and post on NeoGaf you're more familiar or "Hardcore" about your hobby when you can actually be pretty casual about it.

I think this about sums it up for me, haha. Until 2012 I was pretty out of the loop on everything, and that year I spent only watching mecha anime. It wasn't until last year I was willing to branch out of it, and it took no small amount of heckling just to get me to watch things like Madoka and Utena.

Nafe

jb06iogXmjx57g.jpg

:secretbase

The new Super Sentai show, Ressha Sentai Toqger, started up and I decided to take a look at it. Here's some :secretbase for firehawk,haha.

---

Since the seiyuu for anime carry over to other things it's actually kind of fun picking out who's doing the voices for the mascots and suit characters.

The Toqgers conductor/leader has a monkey sock puppet thing on his hand named Ticket who's voiced by Kappei Yamaguchi. People might recognize him as Inuyasha or Teddie from Persona. The team also has a robot girl named Wagon voiced by Yui Horie. She's been in tons of roles such as Chie from Persona or Tsubasa Hanekawa from monogatari to name a couple.

One of the villain characters is voiced by Jun Fukuyama. It's like hearing Lelouch or "The Dark Flame Master" whenever he talks,haha. The female villain is voiced by Aya Hisakawa who's been in many anime. Voicing characters such as Ami from Sailor Moon or Cure Moonlight from Heartcatch PreCure!. The other female character I think is voiced by Noriko Hidaka, who did the voice for Noriko in Gunbuster amongst others.

cajunator

Banned
Thanks Arti! Looking exactly like I expected it would.

In other noitaminA news:

- new (?) key visual for Nanana's Buried Treasure:

21848117-s.jpg

- in one of those OMG I AM OLD moments, noitaminA is having a party to celebrate its upcoming 10th anniversary as a time slot! I remember watching that first episode of Honey and Clover back in 2005... Anyway, at the event on the 21st March they'll be having a live ranking of all the noitaminA shows to date, a talk event with the VAs for the leads in Ping Pong, and an announcement both of one of the shows airing in July and also of a "completely new film" that will be released in 2015. I assume this must be something based on a noitaminA property - a Psycho Pass film, perhaps?

That brown maid girl. I cant wait.

Makes sense. Im glad they clarified it. Definite purchase.

Apparently, Yasuharu Takanashi is composing Sailor Moon 201X. I just knew that Toei was going to fuck it up somehow. I'm so sorry everyone. The dream is dead.

Who is this and what are some examples of their compositions?

Articalys

jb06iogXmjx57g.jpg

:secretbase

The new Super Sentai show, Ressha Sentai Toqger, started up and I decided to take a look at it. Here's some :secretbase for firehawk,haha.

---

Since the seiyuu for anime carry over to other things it's actually kind of fun picking out who's doing the voices for the mascots and suit characters.

The Toqgers conductor/leader has a monkey sock puppet thing on his hand named Ticket who's voiced by Kappei Yamaguchi. People might recognize him as Inuyasha or Teddie from Persona. The team also has a robot girl named Wagon voiced by Yui Horie. She's been in tons of roles such as Chie from Persona or Tsubasa Hanekawa from monogatari to name a couple.

One of the villain characters is voiced by Jun Fukuyama. It's like hearing Lelouch or "The Dark Flame Master" whenever he talks,haha. The female villain is voiced by Aya Hisakawa who's been in many anime. Voicing characters such as Ami from Sailor Moon or Cure Moonlight from Heartcatch PreCure!. The other female character I think is voiced by Noriko Hidaka, who did the voice for Noriko in Gunbuster amongst others.
I know Mamoru Miyano was the bad guy in the Kyoryuger movie, and Haruka Tomatsu was one of the female villains (and even got to appear in human form a few times).

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Fairy Tail
Fresh Precure
Heartcatch Precure
Suite Precure
Smile Precure.

About two winners, rest can go either way. But for Sailor Moon??? Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh

It's mostly the fact that he shamelessly recycles his own material to the point that he has nearly-identical compositions spanning across several shows and gets away with it that makes me dislike him. I personally don't like his total reliance on synth, but much worse is that when you see that a show is going to be composed by Takanashi, you know that there's nothing to look forward to. The show isn't going to be allowed to develop its own musical identity or exhibit any real compositional creativity; it's just a dumping ground for one-size-fits-all pieces manufactured to evoke a specific emotion "well enough" without ever having to be tailored to the specific material. His music is the anime equivalent of the indistinguishable every-score that all AAA Hollywood blockbusters steal from each other.

jman2050

Mikakunin 8

Konoha is the best new character. Also that rooftop scene was straight up hilarious, as was any scene with Benio getting metaphorically punched in the teeth.

Crying Mashiro is pure weaponized :cajun:

Also wow @ that ending.

Also, I am sorry, but Benio's existence is really starting to drag the show down from something that would be outstanding to something that's just really good instead.

ohhellnawgaysv.gif

cnet128

Banned

And right after I was hating on him earlier today, as well XD Well, at least nintendoman will be pleased.

Also, I am sorry, but Benio's existence is really starting to drag the show down from something that would be outstanding to something that's just really good instead.

ohhellnawgaysv.gif

There's something a little surreal about using an angry Mashiro gif to oppose that statement. I'm pretty sure she of all people would be in full agreement with it =p

Nafe

I know Mamoru Miyano was the bad guy in the Kyoryuger movie, and Haruka Tomatsu was one of the female villains (and even got to appear in human form a few times).

Yeah, I like Mamoru Miyano anyway but that was a pretty cool surprise. I honestly actually kind of liked the movie,haha.

The sub-leader of the villains,Chaos, was voiced by Takayuki Sugou, who people might recognize as Captain Okita from Yamato 2199, as well as the voice of Samurai Flamenco's grandfather in that one episode of Samurai Flamenco. I was surprised it took me as many episodes as it did to recognize him,haha.

The main villain,Deboss, was voiced by Touru Okawa who I recognized as Brian Rosco from Gosick. He also did the voice for the leader of the guild in Sword Art Online and Jiro, who was the photographer, from Higurashi. Oh yeah, he also does the voice for Rufus in Advent Children.

The Kyoryugers leader, Torin, the bird guy, was voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa. People will recognize him as providing the voice for Sephiroth in Final Fantasy. He himself also got to appear in the show just like Haruka Tomatsu as you mention.

jman2050

There's something a little surreal about using an angry Mashiro gif to oppose that statement. I'm pretty sure she of all people would be in full agreement with it =p

It's the perfect reaction image, who needs to worry about silly insignificant details like "context"?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Benio was easily the worst part of that show from the 10 minutes or so i watched, but none of the other characters are particularly good either

cnet128

Banned
The Kyoryugers leader, Torin, the bird guy, was voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa. People will recognize him as providing the voice for Sephiroth in Final Fantasy.

Or failing that, Panda's mum in Shirokuma Cafe XD (That show is a goldmine of wonderful seiyuu roles to reference xp)

(He also voices my avatar!)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Apparently, the Yuri Kuma Arashi manga is about to release, and an image has surfaced:

bKiB2JG.jpg

This is probably not the same art style that Ikuhara will use in the anime, but this is at least some small indication of what the hell this is even going to be.

That looks awfully :zach.

TheRancor

Takanashi...yuck, and I don't even have any interest in Sailor Moon! My condolences.

That's misinformation, as far as I know. Yukie Sako was an animation director, not a character designer.
You'd think people would just take 10 seconds to look up simple information.

I might watch the new Sailor moon now because of this.

when you see that a show is going to be composed by Takanashi, you know that there's nothing to look forward to.

Not true for me! I only watched one show he worked on, and the music in that was amazing. So I think I can now at least now slightly look forward to the new Sailor Moon.

Is "Your favourite anime composer is shit" going to be a thing now?

And right after I was hating on him earlier today, as well XD Well, at least nintendoman will be pleased.

I only really like him for his god-like composition of the Fairy Tail OST. I think I remember more soundtrack pieces from that show more than the amount of anime that I've watched in my life. It's just so dang blood-pumping.

The exciting part about the Sailor Moon staff news is that the art direction is going to be handled by the same two-person team that handled art direction for Mononoke, Tsuritama, and Kyousougiga, so I'm pretty interested in seeing how that turns out.

Syrinx

Fairy Tail
Fresh Precure
Heartcatch Precure
Suite Precure
Smile Precure.

About two winners, rest can go either way. But for Sailor Moon??? Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh

Ehh...not a dealbreaker for me, but not great either.

Syrinx

We really shouldn't be handing out more :username stuffs after we damn near made the thread unreadable to newcomers last year. :dtl and :firehawk are all we really need.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
We really shouldn't be handing out more :username stuffs after we damn near made the thread unreadable to newcomers last year. :dtl and :firehawk are all we really need.
Hey, I just make up lazy shorthand for my own convenience. Other people don't have to be so quick to copy me. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom