• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Log Horizon Episode 22:

Not going to lie, this was a rather tedious episode to watch, I think Akatsuki said it best in calling her rival a middle schooler, the whole cake segment was just awkward and besides it is known that Henrietta would be the best match for Shiroe. Honestly, I wanted to see much more of the festival instead of watching what amounted to the harem spin-off visual novel episode.

Actually this episode had a lot of various hints and preparation /forshadowing for later ...

So it wasn't that bad.

Also the fact that mnori bounced back quickly and it didn't devolve into drama/romcom is always a "plus"

Log Horizon Episode 22:

Not going to lie, this was a rather tedious episode to watch, I think Akatsuki said it best in calling her rival a middle schooler, the whole cake segment was just awkward and besides it is known that Henrietta would be the best match for Shiroe. Honestly, I wanted to see much more of the festival instead of watching what amounted to the harem spin-off visual novel episode.

Wrong! It's known that AkatsukixShiroe is the OTP for this.

cajunator

Banned
"Good tsundere character"

"Bad tsundere character"

Are these two classifications meaninglessly interchangeable, or are there actually sufficiently distinct examples for each? Is the whole thing just too subjective to evaluate? Do people even care about the tsundere trait anymore?

Just something I was thinking about last night.

Well for me good tsundere characters dont just hit the main character and scream baka baka urusai. That kind of thing annoys the FUCK out of me. I make exception for Taiga because shes fucking adorable but otherwise if they sound like shana I want to boot them out a window.

Romantic Clock 01-03

QtxL7mHl.jpg

So shoujo.

I am enjoying the manga though so I guess the whole point of these worked, lol.

I really like that art style and it strongly reminds me of some other show..

All this talk about :usernames is making me think about getting a name change.

:nintendoman would only cause confusion here as there's two other GAF users with that name.

:nintendoman would only cause confusion here as there's two other GAF users with that name.

Don't worry , you won't get a name because your name is too long, You will get once only if necessary and this is will be something like that :
-NM58
-NtdoM58

because otherwise it would be too long.

You're safe , but don't forget that "there is always a way"

fertygo

World Conquest - 08

Hot damn, that was amazing.. worth it to catch up from 3 episode late, dayum.. dem action sakuga.
Also Maaya is pretty fantastic at her role, great episode.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

You ever thought about sonyman58?

I've wanted to change my nick to match my IRC nick for ages or just drop the numbers completely but I'm too lazy to ask an admin to do it for me.

You ever thought about sonyman58?

I've wanted to change my nick to match my IRC nick for ages or just drop the numbers completely but I'm too lazy to ask an admin to do it for me.

I've considered that during E3 last year, but eh, I think I could be more original than that. I'm still a fan of Nintendo anyway.

I actually do have another name in mind. But my reasoning is the same as yours.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Happiness Charge Pretty Cure

With that though, I wonder what Blue is planning by
playing both sides?
I'm betting on a counterpart, possibly named Red.

My friend started calling my taste weird after I watched Ouran..."You keep watching anything. It all started after you watched that host club anime."
He doesn't take recommendations from me anymore. (._____.)
Ouran is Igarashi, same as Doremi!

And his loss.

I thought :hito was Mahou Shoujo monocles?
You know you're doing something right when people can't agree on a single reference point for yourself.

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 6

...and here are the PMCs! Now all I can think of is Metal Gear.

I loved Exia in this episode, just slashing everything in it's way and looking amazing!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Is it time to update the list of :madp (primary meaning) anime yet? This is what I can remember:

Bimbougami ga!
Element Hunters
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Mawaru Penguindrum
Mushibugyou
Yuushibu

And I've just been informed on twitter that Yozakura Quartet: Tsuki no Naku also counts.

cajunator

Banned
Is it time to update the list of :madp (primary meaning) anime yet? This is what I can remember:

Bimbougami ga!
Element Hunters
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Mawaru Penguindrum
Mushibugyou
Yuushibu

And I've just been informed on twitter that Yozakura Quartet: Tsuki no Naku also counts.

so colored eyelashes then?> what about mondaiji?

CorvoSol

29616_3222477845606073uoi7.jpg

:corvo

Am I doing it right?

Yes. Oranges are the correct choice.

Great Mazinger 3

I had some intellectual commentary and comparisons to make to Getter Robo, but what matters is that you know that the Venus has an inexhaustible supply of breast missiles. It's like I've found Godanner's long lost father. Especially since the "naval missile" launches from Great Mazinger's crotch.

Nisekoi 8

Great episode this week with best girl though there's no way she'll win in the end, Chitogi moving the along plot is nice too. Tbh, I really like the whole cast of the harem so far, the manga adds a few more people that feel superfluous,
though one more candidate hasn't showed up yet
. Though I have a feeling the manga is just treading water until the anime is over, nothing plot related has happened in like the last 10 chapters

Jarmel

Banned
Nisekoi-8

Too bad the manga is what it is. Hopefully they go with an anime original ending.

Zvezda-8

One thing I'm unclear about is the family dynamics. Were there three sisters?

phaze

FLCL 2-6
02NsWEw.gif

Well, that was mind numbingly fun. I think I'm going to need to give it a rewatch or two as only by episode 4 or so did I realize that the Canti and Haruka stuff is an actual plot and not just an excuse to have an mecha fight every episode..
I think episode 3 Marquis de Carabas was my favorite. Despite little screen time Ninamori quickly grew to be my fave character,
watching her manipulating everything to try to get her parents back together was very satisfying.
Not sure what should I take from that last scene though.
(Her glasses being fake. I don't think its the same pair she sported earlier so she's trying to fool Naota ?)
I liked the ending despite its somberness .
Both Haruka and Mamimi were cold hearted and manipulative so they can bugger off. The only true pairing Naota x Eir persevered !
Not that the former deserves her, he's kind of a dick too.
Animation, voice acting, gags and music were awesome throughout. Think I'm gonna spend next week listening to the Pillows. All in all one of the best shows I watched yet.

Hunter x Hunter 01-08
This on the other hand has been rather bland so far. Not feeling any of the characters or the art style. Hope it picks up soon.

CorvoSol

Zeta Gundam 3

Man this show had such a strong start. I'd ask where and how it went wrong but I remember that only too clearly: the minute Katz joined the cast.

cnet128

Banned
Nisekoi 8

Great episode this week with best girl though there's no way she'll win in the end, Chitogi moving the along plot is nice too. Tbh, I really like the whole cast of the harem so far, the manga adds a few more people that feel superfluous,
though one more candidate hasn't showed up yet
. Though I have a feeling the manga is just treading water until the anime is over, nothing plot related has happened in like the last 10 chapters

Isn't "nothing plot related happening" the norm for the Nisekoi manga? If anything I'd say the last 10 chapters have been more eventful than usual, since there was the whole thing with
Haru finding out the truth about Chitoge and Raku

CorvoSol

There's some serious revisionism going on in Zeta Gundam. "Not even the Zeon would stoop this low!"

Really? The Zeon? Those guys who DROPPED A COLONY ONTO EARTH BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T GET THEIR WAY?

Isn't "nothing plot related happening" the norm for the Nisekoi manga? If anything I'd say the last 10 chapters have been more eventful than usual, since there was the whole thing with
Haru finding out the truth about Chitoge and Raku

That is true, I can't even remember what chapter it was last when they moved the plot along, I think the girls all know there's 3 potential key to the locket right? But they haven't tested it? And Chitoge now knows that she had brown eyes as a kid and could be the girl Raku made a promise to? While I do like Haru, I feel like she's just a mix of Tsugumi and Kosaki. Idk, if i remember correctly they're already near their last year of highschool so maybe things will finally move along

Syrinx

Magic Knight Reyearth 5

So Hikaru was battling a version of her beloved dog, Umi was battling her parents, and Fuu was battling...herself? I dunno what that's supposed to say about her. Also all those people you mentiond are probably already worried about you Fuu, since you've been missing for weeks now probably. Unless this place is like Narnia where a year in that world is only like a second in the real world.

Alcyone has been disposed of. This is why you don't fall in love with evil people trying to rule a world. Sometimes in shows like these though I feel like the Big Bad should just go ahead and confront them directly. They'd probably be no match for Zagato if he went and fought them now.

Upgraded unis. These actually cover both shoulders.

Hattori

Banned
GBF 8
Things are definitely escalating pretty quickly.
I'm not really feeling Nils, he seems like a cut and paste "perfect" person. Aila, on the other hand, I really like. She is very enigmatic and mysterious, which I find very attractive in characters. And she seems to be a bit of a sadist, judging in how she played Gawain x)
Great looking Gundams all-around, though I'm a little sad one of my favorites got utterly destroyed
RIP Tallgeese :(

y7ELI3l.jpg

nqqNxKz.jpg

I don't what it is but I really like Mao's Gundam X

I thought this was a nice touch x)
FYUNDMJ.jpg

Greco reppin'' DaBulls!

Lurky

Loli Conquest 8

What the fuck? I wasn't expecting that... Although the last episode should have been a big sign. Somehow this show managed to become even better than before. Anime of the season for me. On another note, I thought we were gonna get another hot blonde but I guess not. =[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom