• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chuu2Chuu THE MOVIE

MR0FqP7l.jpg

I honestly don't know why I never made that connection until now.

Uh....this movie actually beyond all beliefs I had of it, washes out the bad taste I had for season 1. I mean hell, I might as well imagine season 1 just doesn't exist cause this blows it out of the water (which wasn't that hard).

The romance was better intermixed into the show, we didn't get that whole stupid speech about how ok it was to be chuunibyou and it ties nicely with season 2.

I mean it was stupid we got a clip show in the middle of this already clip show movie though.

Taruranto

"Good tsundere character"

"Bad tsundere character"

Are these two classifications meaninglessly interchangeable, or are there actually sufficiently distinct examples for each? Is the whole thing just too subjective to evaluate? Do people even care about the tsundere trait anymore?

Just something I was thinking about last night.

Tsundere are shit anyway.

Jintor

Jesus. Dangan Ronpa the Animation's OP has ridiculously impressive English but is still somehow actually not very good. Bizarre. (Though I like the line "you gotta believe it's killing time")

CorvoSol

Star Driver 24

You know, it isn't even the Love Dodecahedron going on in this show that weighs it down. Most of that can be dismissed as silly antics and reduced to one or two triangles. And it isn't even the Love Triangle weighing it down because Lord knows worse love triangles have been more popular in anime.

It's Wako. If Wako wasn't Bella Swan, and she had some ounce of personality, and so much of this love triangle didn't hinge on Wako being an indecisive, selfish brat, this show would be just fine.

Soriku

Kuroko no Basket S2 21

Who would of guess
that Kuroko would be the first to score on the defense of Rakuzan

First half finished very quickly.
2nd half is where the power of Rakuzan will be revealed.

They're fighting Yosen now, not Rakuzan :p Rakuzan is Akashi's team.

Dat disappearing shot.

Jesus. Dangan Ronpa the Animation's OP has ridiculously impressive English but is still somehow actually not very good. Bizarre. (Though I like the line "you gotta believe it's killing time")

uJ3NZrY.gif

This was the only good part of the OP.

The ED on the other hand is all kinds of fantastic.

cajunator

Banned
Frozen is a good movie guys.

The twist was so predictable though.

its soooooo good! Cant wait for bluray!

Magic Knight Reyearth 5

So Hikaru was battling a version of her beloved dog, Umi was battling her parents, and Fuu was battling...herself? I dunno what that's supposed to say about her. Also all those people you mentiond are probably already worried about you Fuu, since you've been missing for weeks now probably. Unless this place is like Narnia where a year in that world is only like a second in the real world.

Alcyone has been disposed of. This is why you don't fall in love with evil people trying to rule a world. Sometimes in shows like these though I feel like the Big Bad should just go ahead and confront them directly. They'd probably be no match for Zagato if he went and fought them now.

Upgraded unis. These actually cover both shoulders.

heheee

Tsundere are shit anyway.

Neaux.

I honestly think the anime is better. Mamoru Oshii adds a lot to the adaptation, and not just Megane and the gang.

Haha, believe me if I could make him watch I would do it(he only watch TV series now), like I made my little brother watch Maison Ikkoku.

Urusei Yatsura - 51

uBOIESi.jpg

100% You sick bastard.

While Jariten's new friends hogs the kotatsu Ataru's parents discuss something important. And I wanted to know what happened to then instead of the cat, Jariten.
Didn't see the kotatsu not being plugged in.
Ataru had the chance to shit on the universe.
Next episode is looking like dangerously :hito.

Midonin

Happiness Charge Precure! 05

This week's cameo is Miyuki. Who is not the Smile Cure I keep hoping for, but I'll accept it. Aside from the shot of Fortune at the end, this was mostly about Megumi and Hime being friends and realizing that not everybody you help has good intentions. ackbar.jpg. But it still had some highlights, like running through the entire cosplay spectrum of their outfits (love Officer Hime), Lollipop Hiphop, which is probably my favorite of the CGI forms so far, and Megumi doing LASER EYEBEAMS.

The World God Only Knows: Goddesses 09

Keima really screwed up this time.

Quite the depressing episode at the start, and then they try to add some comedy. Magic tricks? What? This kind of mix doesn't really feel right for me.

Still... Besides the weird comedy stuff, good episode.

Future Card BuddyFight - Episode 9

Some notes:

- That
twist at the end was unexpected and
pretty good actually!
- Gargantua Punisher
was sadly absent this week
- The hairstyles are progressively getting worse.
- I feel like sticking light fixtures on each side of my head now.
- The lack of
Banana Man
is pleasing to me!
- Next week
the secret behind Tasuku, I'm interested in knowing this actually!

All in all not a bad episode at all!

Buddy Count: 29
Total Buddy Count: 409

cnet128

Banned
Nisekoi 8

Best girl ED get! ...But it's not as good as Chitoge's ED was. Awwww.

Tsugumi can definitely be very cute sometimes. This episode was one of those times.

D'awwwww @ five-year-old Chitoge voice reading the diary entries.

CorvoSol

Symbionic Titan 9

What the Hell, Tartakovsky. You're not allowed to make a little critter that adorable and then just
kill him off in a tragic, moving scene.
Freaking, gosh dang. I guess the episode is for kids who
have lost pets, because this episode brought up a bucket load of memories and emotions from when I lost my dog
but gah.

Just. Come on, man. Warn a dude before you do this.

e_i

Log Horizon episodes 22

Don't tell this where the show is going! *Goes and slams head into wall*

No-Rin episode 8

Wow...random episode is random. Becky-sensei is hilarious though. Lonely Demon? Lol.

CorvoSol

Melody of Oblivion 4

If not a War Crime, or a Crime against Humanity, then at the very least I'm certain this show is some manner of criminal element.

Gazoinks

Log Horizon 22

Cute episode but also a little dull. It sort of feels like they're treading water since they don't have time to start another major arc, but we'll see. Minori having feelings for Shiro is a bit weird since she's, what, 14?

Best part was a random bystander yelling "I hope your glasses break!".

I still want Shiroe/Henrietta to be a thing.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Sekai Seifuku 8

Good stuff. Goro is a total boss. Gotta say, this show's providing more heavy drama than I'd have expected from it.
Still pretty sure that Falcon is Asuta's sister.

cnet128

Banned
ImoCho 9

Actual pantsu?! That was the one type of fanservice I wasn't expecting to see from Mitsuki!

Mitsuki and Hiyori's constant impulsive body switching amuses me. Goddammit at the continued teasing of the brother seeing Hiyori, though. She was right there this time and the show still managed to avoid having them actually "meet" each other thanks to some convenient falling asleep.

Mitsuki and Hiyori sleeping together under the kotatsu was adorable though. It's hard to fault the brother for seeing yuri implications there.

Quasar

Log Horizon 22

Cute episode but also a little dull. It sort of feels like they're treading water since they don't have time to start another major arc, but we'll see. Minori having feelings for Shiro is a bit weird since she's, what, 14?

Best part was a random bystander yelling "I hope your glasses break!".

I still want Shiroe/Henrietta to be a thing

As do I.

The episode is pretty much exactly how I remember the light novel going. Am wondering if they will have a second festival episode as there was a fair bit more in the light novel.

Quasar

A Town Where You Live OVA1 - A big old flashback showing the childhood of Haruta, Akari and Takashi.

Enjoyable enough. Reminding me again I need to get back to reading the manga.

Quasar

Actually this episode had a lot of various hints and preparation /forshadowing for later ...

So it wasn't that bad.

I liked it, but then I liked that part in the novels. Mostly because I like seeing the characters enjoying regular life in that world and not being involved in 'events'.

Plus I generally enjoy festival episodes of things.

Hattori

Banned
Zvezda 8
White Falcon shaking things up!
Plamya vs Kaorin was pretty short but epically sweet.
I look forward to seeing more of her in action.
The part where Kate stumbled pronouncing patisserie was incredibly adorable x)

Humi can make anything cute.
No Objections here.

Articalys

The AnimeSongCollabo group has posted their seasonal collection of anison covers:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22994489

In this installment, covers of the following Winter 2014 anime OP/ED songs:
Nagi no Asukara OP2
Space Dandy ED
Silver Spoon S2 OP
Nisekoi OP
Super Sonico OP
Witchcraft Works OP
Nobunaga the Fool OP
Buddy Complex OP
Samurai Flamenco OP2
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha OP
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha ED
Tonari no Seki-kun ED
Kuroko's Basketball OP2
Mahou Sensou OP
Mahou Sensou ED
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei OP
D-Frag! OP
Nobunagun OP
Toaru Hikushi e no Koiuta OP
Yowamushi Pedal OP2
Hamatora OP
Noragami OP
Noragami ED
Sekai Seifuku OP
Hoozuki no Reitetsu ED
Personally I wish they'd chosen a couple different songs, but there's still some good covers in this round.

I'll post again once the individual song videos are up on their YouTube channel if you prefer to watch them that way.

cnet128

Banned
The AnimeSongCollabo group has posted their seasonal collection of anison covers:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22994489

In this installment, covers of the following Winter 2014 anime OP/ED songs:

Personally I wish they'd chosen a couple different songs, but there's still some good covers in this round.

I'll post again once the individual song videos are up on their YouTube channel if you prefer to watch them that way.

No Mikakunin ED or Space Dandy OP? Worthless.

Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda 8

With all its general bizarreness, convoluted backstories and familial revelations, this show is sort of starting to remind me of Penguindrum. I wouldn't be remotely surprised if there was some kind of deep metaphorical meaning hiding behind all the weird.

At any rate, I'm with Plamya. Making Kate cry is unforgivable. White Falcon deserves only death.

CorvoSol

I'm taking it upon myself to make my own :username tag, though I understand if this is frowned upon.

The feet aren't fetishized nearly enough for me to believe this is really :Linkman. Find me Little Mermaid fan art where Ariel's toes are permanently elongated by exposure to crystal radiation and then I will feel you have met the :LinkMan requirement.

why are you desperate for attention?

Aren't we all?

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Golden Time 20

Just put the ring on it already, Banri!

WHAT THE FLYING FUCK NO

kgBOCra.jpg

Kill la Kill 20

I love how Gamagori takes up the entire control room.

YES ZENI DUDE IS BACK HELL YEAH

I saw that ending coming about 3 miles away, but it was still so fucking awesome.

Awww yeah this show's ending is gonna be so fucking glorious.

Pupa 8

What's with all this weird censorship? Still fucking as gruesome to watch as ever though.

Mushi-shi 14

THE FEELS. I can't...

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 20

WHY IS THIS SHOW SO FUCKING GOOD.

Okita is such a badass and I loved watching
the back and forth tactics between Okita and Domel. Shame that he had to try and sacrifice himself, would've loved to see him make a return.

Sakura Trick 7

Some more growth outside of the main pair! Fucking finally.

Space☆Dandy 8

Pretty fun little episode, but I felt like it really didn't know what it wanted to say.

Pupipo! 10

Hmm this
End of Oblivion
reminds me of something...
Po isn't gonna turn out to be Tomoya Okazaki or something is he?! :p

Tonari no Seki-kun 8

This show constantly puts a smiles on my face. So fucking good.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I'm taking it upon myself to make my own :username tag, though I understand if this is frowned upon.

Naw, this should be :linkman cause of all the 'awesome' stuff you post:

gpkGN.png

It validates one's existence. If senpai never noticed you it's as if you never existed in this world. Doomed to fade from existence like an abandoned car rusting away in a forest.

Rusting Chevy-chan is mai waifu tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom