• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Pardon my ignorance, but what is DTL anyway?

A quick explanation:

DTL- Boys Love
SDBurton- Girls Love
Chet- Tits
Cajun- Diabetes.

These are the only ones we actually use on much of a regular basis. Wonzo is really bad art and Kayos is asking dumb questions, but those aren't really as commonplace as the four above.

Nisekoi Episode 8 – Happiness

That was a fantastic ED song, should sing more as its better than the first ED.

Kind of a slow and boring episode considering all the others were fun and hilarious.

Nisekoi Episode 8 – Happiness

That was a fantastic ED song, should sing more as its better than the first ED.

chitoge2btpox.gif

World Conquest Zvezda Plot Episode 8

Its at its best when theres action and it really delivered.
Why did Kate agree to letting her come over, she never thinks in advance which made it feel like an odd episode just for the premise and believability

Theonik

Ouran High School Host Club 02
iYIVZbUr08FFS.png

:SDBurton and Funimation quality subtitles.
Good episode. I'm really liking how this show is turning out. If it keeps the climate from this episode I'll be satisfied I think.

jman2050

Nisekoi 8

Tsugumi continues being best girl: The Episode.

Damnit why is her voice so perfect.

Oh and I guess there's a new ED. Whatever.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ouran High School Host Club 02

Good episode. I'm really liking how this show is turning out. If it keeps the climate from this episode I'll be satisfied I think.

Wait you never watched Ouran before?

You're in for a treat. The best work BONES has ever done. I miss those days.

Theonik

Why do people keep being surprised every time I post about an old show like that?
Well I had seen the first episode dubbed before by chance but not more.
And we shall see. It looks like good BONES but not necessarily the same BONES that good BONES is usually.

My friend started calling my taste weird after I watched Ouran..."You keep watching anything. It all started after you watched that host club anime."
He doesn't take recommendations from me anymore. (._____.)

mAcOdIn

Ouran's just middling, best Bones is probably Full Metal Alchemist(not Brotherhood because the pacing sucked), Scrapped Princess or Wolf's Rain. Or the first episodes of Chiko.

And Kill la Kill's totally going how I wanted it except for the weird crotch mechs.

Ouran's just middling, best Bones is probably Full Metal Alchemist(not Brotherhood because the pacing sucked), Scrapped Princess or Wolf's Rain. Or the first episodes of Chiko.

I never watched FMA, but I keep hearing that Brotherhood was amazing because it follows the manga apparently?

duckroll

World Conquest - Episode 8

Goddamn. What an episode. When I first heard that Masahiro Ando (Sword of the Stranger, Canaan, Blast of Tempest) storyboarded this episode, I was simply happy that he was working on something I was watching instead of another ranbdom PA Works show. But GODDAMN.

- "Plot"
- Drama
- Action
- Guns
- Swords
- Explosions
- Melee Battles
- Maaya Sakamoto as a major villain

This show. THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* duckroll has been conquered

Edit:

BONUS META HUMOR!!!!

Log Horizon 22

AWWWWWWWWWWW SHIT SON. Looks like the next arc might be a small one because this episode and the next are romcom love triangle episodes for Shiroe. In this one we have Akatsuki as the center lead, next one is jail bait. Looks like blonde glasses doesn't get her own romcom episode, she might not be that into him then.

I've been rooting for Akatsuki this whole time and she has the lead seeing how she's the poster girl for the show. Also she's around his age, unlike jail bait who wants a teacher/student forbidden romance. DAT FETISH JAPAN.

I also love one of the guys in the background during the restaurant scene
"I hope his glasses break!"

Log Horizon Episode 22 - Swallow and Young Starling
BhqXSuRCQAA6CD3.png

I liked when it was focused on being a gaming simulator reflecting real life and technology and scientific progress than a romcom. At least it had quite a bit of Tohya.

World Conquest Zvezda 8

If the show had more of these episodes, it could easily be the AOTS. But it doesn't. So it's not. But it's definitely one of the higher tier ones. This episode had a lot of action and my favorite scene of the show ever.

"If you want to stop me you'll have to bring a bulldozer!"

AHAHAHAHA. Brilliant. Protag didn't get much screen time and I still fail to see what's his point as the protagonist since his role as the medium between viewer and show has basically gone away now, since he's been immersed into the weirdness and it's fairly common in the show now. His only role now is his relationship to White Light and the 'good guys' but being the straight man can only go so far. The Chief would make a better protagonist. To be fair the loli doesn't really make that good of a lead either.

Log Horizon Episode 22 - Swallow and Young Starling
[im]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqXSuRCQAA6CD3.png[/img]

I liked when it was focused on being a gaming simulator reflecting real life and technology and scientific progress than a romcom. At least it had quite a bit of Tohya.

Not enough guys being together for DTL to appreciate.

Theonik

Sekai Seifuku Boryaku no Звезда 08
iV1SgjJomBXi9.png

Wryyyyyyyyyyy
This was a fantastic episode. Great action animation, some fantastic storyboarding, and tension without letting the drama get ahead of what the show is trying to do.
This is really one of the best shows this season.
The new villain is pretty great and her Engrish and voice amused me greatly. This is exactly what I want out of this show!
Oh and there was an Ichiro Mizuki-esque robot themesong in this episode too which was the icing in the cake
RIP Pierre-san

Midonin

Nisekoi 08

Flustered Tsugumi was cute, and Chitoge's diary entries were good for a laugh. So many keys, so many possibilities. Like the new Kosaki ED, too.

World Conquest 08

That was a fun episode. Pastries, anime stage shows and everything else going on somehow manage to tie together into something even greater than its parts. Plenty of action, but it's all grounded in the characters, even as it spirals to greater and greater heights.

Theonik

Звезда 08 (cont.)
I wonder how these events factor in the larger scheme of things. Since the end of the last episode we know that
Два is probably the son of the governor, but he seems to have a sister we don't know about. As it stands my guess is she's white falcon, and that Пламя is related to the general somehow. Perhaps his daughter based on the hospital scene.

Articalys

It doesn't matter how hard you guys try I'm not going to watch that show!
If you're talking about Sekai Seifuku, that's sort of how I feel as well.

--------------------------------

Nisekoi ep.8

Two great Tsugumi chapters in this episode, updated the OP for those 1.5 seconds of Tsugumi, and a new KanaHana ED song. Not bad

Log Horizon ep.22

Flawless transition into a romcom series. That whole scene at the cafe was great.

---------------------------------

The OP song from the new Mahouka CM sounds... well, like a LiSA song, which is fine by me. Wonder if they're going to use her or Eir Aoi for the SAO II OP song at this rate, or someone else entirely.

duckroll

Звезда 08 (cont.)
I wonder how these events factor in the larger scheme of things. Since the end of the last episode we know that
Два is probably the son of the governor, but he seems to have a sister we don't know about. As it stands my guess is she's white falcon, and that Пламя is related to the general somehow. Perhaps his daughter based on the hospital scene.

I think the "plot" is really just a metaphor about runaways. If you think about it, every character in the organization is a kid except for the general. And they're all runaways of sorts. If we remove all the fantasy elements from the show, it seems like a statement about a lonely old guy who opened his home to runaway kids after his wife died. Kate is the one who has the strongest ambition among them all, so he tries to enable her hopes and dreams, and all the other children follow in her footsteps because children are attracted by those with strong visions.

Theonik

I think the "plot" is really just a metaphor about runaways. If you think about it, every character in the organization is a kid except for the general. And they're all runaways of sorts. If we remove all the fantasy elements from the show, it seems like a statement about a lonely old guy who opened his home to runaway kids after his wife died. Kate is the one who has the strongest ambition among them all, so he tries to enable her hopes and dreams, and all the other children follow in her footsteps because children are attracted by those with strong visions.
That's a good theory actually. Would fit the show thematically at least, whether that is their intent or not is a different matter.

duckroll

That's a good theory actually. Would fit the show thematically at least, whether that is their intent or not is a different matter.

I think there's clearly a vaaaaaague intention. Not that the director is caught up in these small details. The important thing is probably to just be as random and crazy every week as possible in a 20 minute runtime. Lol.

The fact that the leader of White Light is the old guy's sister-in-law, and the governor is the main character's father, also seems to imply that the entire conflict on the show is just an extended multi-family squabble. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom