• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

Kino's Journey 9

Wow. There is a lot in this episode. I'm almost afraid to actually make a comment, though, because that criticism of "Critics" sitting in a circle tearing apart the works of others and ruining the fun of others was something beyond merely scathing. Truly the sickest of burns, coupled immediately afterward with the fact that you cannot hoard fun to yourself.

A buttload of existentialism, too, and all kinds of stuff I've just completely been able to really soak in all at once.

Kino's Journey is the kind of anime that makes you sit down and think about it, y'know?
Show us one of the greats for a reason.

Will watch:
Mushishi S2: More of what I'm currently getting in S1? You better believe I'm watching this.
Ping Pong: Everything about this. Can't wait.
Jojo's Part 3: I've never actually seen an episode of the recent anime, OVA, or read any of the manga, yet I probably know way more than I should through friends, the internet fandom, and the Capcom fighter. I don't think I can go through all of Part 1 & 2 before this, but we'll see.

Will try:
Captain Earth
Kenzen Robo Daimidaler: Premise and key visual have convinced me to at least watch the first ep.

Will wait for the gifs:

Puchimas S2

Quasar

If he doesn't like it at that point, there's no point in watching it. The show doesn't really change.

Sure. Doesn't make it stupid though. Just means its not to his taste. Or at least not any more stupid than 99% of other anime.

And I'm the last person who would tell another to watch something you're not enjoying. I'm the anti-Corvo in that respect.

Ace of Diamond 21
Bhr8zAkCIAEWaTI.png

Badumps made the seem rather interesting considering the places where I typically see them. Still really fast and fun take on the same manga content just making it more livelier with great use of music to make things a bit more dramatic such as team numberings, or having the humor done really well.
though how does Eijun pass and Furuya had to retake it, seemed like the opposite of what Id expect based on their character type

Also baseball without the Yamato theme playing is a bit saddening. Oofuri made games fun with having perfect songs for matches.

Sure. Doesn't make it stupid though. Just means its not to his taste. Or at least not any more stupid than 99% of other anime.

And I'm the last person who would tell another to watch something you're not enjoying. I'm the anti-Corvo in that respect.

Yeah I gotta agree with that. Wouldn't that be implying that the other stuff he has watched are not classified as stupid?

cajunator

Banned
The feet aren't fetishized nearly enough for me to believe this is really :Linkman. Find me Little Mermaid fan art where Ariel's toes are permanently elongated by exposure to crystal radiation and then I will feel you have met the :LinkMan requirement.

Aren't we all?

lol I was going to say the exact same.

It validates one's existence. If senpai never noticed you it's as if you never existed in this world. Doomed to fade from existence like an abandoned car rusting away in a forest.

Thats the best way to put it. Deep down we all want senpai to notice us.

Stupid is a vague and entirely subjective term. There are plenty of things I enjoy that other people call stupid and vice versa.

kiryogi

Banned
Noragami 2

I'm dropping it. Just seems stupid.

You know. I almost dropped it too, and the reality is like the OP mentions, it is a very mediocre shounen story at the core. However, BONES manages to make it interesting. Meanwhile, it's not some miracle bit of direction like Yozakura Quartet, it's still enjoyable and I'm gonna be sad when it's over due to its length.

Dresden

The source is strong for Noragami and the anime is as faithful as an adaptation can get, at least until they enter their anime-original arc in ep9.

So I watched the Wind Rises today. Pretty good movie. Will be posting impressions later

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 7

JOJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

DIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JOJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JOJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPEEDWAGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

I need to pick this show back up.

I'm scared

Oh I was just kidding. Who do you think I am? I'm Nintendoman! It's not like Nintendo would name something that would cause mass confusion among the many that like-

Oh wait.

Kino's Journey 9

Wow. There is a lot in this episode. I'm almost afraid to actually make a comment, though, because that criticism of "Critics" sitting in a circle tearing apart the works of others and ruining the fun of others was something beyond merely scathing. Truly the sickest of burns, coupled immediately afterward with the fact that you cannot hoard fun to yourself.

A buttload of existentialism, too, and all kinds of stuff I've just completely been able to really soak in all at once.

Kino's Journey is the kind of anime that makes you sit down and think about it, y'know?

My favourite damn episode in the entire series. One could write a 1000 word essay on the existentialism presented in that episode. It gets so deep that you can't not think about it.

But you know what seals the deal?
The fact that Kino just takes this as business as usual and is on her way. Was the author crazy? Or was he something more? Once again, that thought and everything he told Kino is left to the viewers. For Kino, it's just on to the next country.

That's what makes Kino so great. You're just as much on a journey as she is. Perhaps even more.

Truly the sickest of burns

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE.

wonzo

Banned
Zvezda 8

sekaiseifuku8.jpg

bow.gif
MASAHIRO ANDO
bow2.gif

This show just gets better and better each and every single week.
rip pierre ;_;7

D-Frag! 8

dfrag8.jpg

Who knew the only character better than Touka was her mother. Now she just needs more airtime & the MC just needs to stop shouting and this'll be a billion times better.

GBF 20

aila :(

Theonik

THE iDOLM@STER 03
Well it's a start. Plenty of Makoto this episode pleased me.
Preview tells me the next episode will be Chihaya and Takane focused so I look forward to that. This one built some solid Yukiho x Makoto though.

Are you sure? I thought the media being unveiled every few days for it, suggested it'd at least be starting from the beginning of the grand magic games instead of at the to be continued part.

No, I'm pretty sure. I mean it would be the most logical conclusion. The anime is starting up again on April 5, around the same time the original anime ended. So it's very likely we're starting back from where we left off.

If anything, I'd suspect the first episode may be a recap of some sorts of the GMG.

Andrew J.

Spring watchlist time?

Akuma no Riddle
Captain Earth
Stardust Crusaders

Yeah, total backlog season, especially after a really packed winter. I'm gonna watch Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid, maybe get caught up on winter shows like Samurai Flamenco, Gundam Build Fighters, and No-Rin. I guess I need to watch Non Non Biyori sometime, too.

Branduil

Valvrave the Liberator END

LOL.
So who gave birth to mini-L-Elf?

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 15

First they let men marry men, next thing you know, everybody will start learning stands.

Steins;Gate END

White Fox really needs to learn how to light a scene.
Kurisu's crazy dad
was a pretty stupid final boss. Also not entirely sure the plot made any sense, but time travel stories rarely do. It was still fun.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Are you referring to my post about :madp?
Actually, no. I was referring to how you went and filled the last spot in the avatar set madp, Kirby, and myself had going for the next three months. Either you figured out the need on your own or read us talking about the last spot elsewhere. In any event, welcome aboard.

CorvoSol

STAR DRIVER 25

OR BASICALLY ANIME GAF CAN SUCK IT CUZ THEY WERE FUCKING WRONG ABOUT THIS SHOW

No for reals. Y'all're fucking crazy for not liking this show. Like what the Hell? All the shit anime I've seen recently and you people don't like this? Come on.

So here are the bad parts so I can get them out of the way real fast.

Fights were too short. But the last fight made up for it in a big way.

Wako and the Love Triangle. So yeah, Wako is a horrible character with no personality who I can only assume is meant to represent the female fans as she's constantly being lavished with the attention of two guys that half the island are fighting over and she pulls a bitch move in the end by
choosing neither of them / both of them.
And sure, the love triangle adds an element of angst that wasn't really all that necessary and prevents Takuto from hooking up with Mrs. Watanabe, but then again, people slobber all over Macross' Love Triangle and unlike that one, only one member of this Love Triangle is a horrible human being, so idgaf.

Let's see, was there really anything else bad? Oh.

"The Feature" Where Takuto "Can't" Lose. Is a load of bullshit. Nobody ever says that in the entire show and Takuto does lose. Like, that he failed to save the West Maiden is sort of a major plot point and it's kinda funny how the "HE CAN'T LOSE GUYZ WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT" argument completely overlooks that. But even if you want to play the "YEAH BUT WAKO" card, I don't really care what your counter is, because tournament shows are like this by their very nature, and it's like complaining that the villain has the upperhand until he doesn't. It's ignorant of the whole point of the thing.

So that about covers the silly complaints AnimeGAF over-exaggerated going into this show. Let's check what rocks.

Them fights is HAWT. They're brief, but man those fights are a treat to watch. I mean even when you ignore that the Mecha Genre has been infected with the incurable cancer that is awful CGI, these are good by 2D mecha standards. My favorite match in the show is definitely Takuto versus President, because that fight's just plain awesome. The motions are fluid, stylish, and fun to see.

The cast, barring Wako, is pretty fun. I mean, they're not "deep" or anything, but depth is something I've found hilariously overrated of late. What they are is quirky and therefore entertaining. Which is fine by me, because unlike some pretentious anime, it's pretty clear that the point of Star Driver is just to entertain you and not to tell you some deep message or make you think or some shit like that. From Watanabe's kissing through the glass to the messages telling you not to jump on top of a moving bus to the last minute revelation that
the fox can talk
, Star Driver is the kind of show that, if you're taking seriously, you need to pull that seven foot long length of iron rebar out of your ass and relax.

The music is great but then again I like KLK's OST so I'm a heretic anyway.

In short: fuck you, fuck you, fuck you and fuck all of you. Star Driver was a great ride and some of you wouldn't know fun if you had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom