• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned

THat was so utterly ridiculous. the bell is the best part.

Oh look! They're finally going to be hunting something!

I wonder why they're introducing two new kids. Here's hoping they're around for a while. So cute!

WHYYYYYY NOOOOOO

I saw one episode of this show out of curiosity.
some guy was literally eaten by a vacuum cleaner

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's Episode 9:

Right, fuck the run-in twins, fuck there constant interference and breaking the flow of the story, fuck this this season, it can go right into the wastebin. I'll see you at StrikerS.

You would probably be one of the few who prefers StrikerS over A's.

Acosta

Gonzo pls
http://otakomu.jp/archives/52232.html
Blade & Soul TV anime announced,coming april in Japan
Animate by Gonzo

I will see this before I can play the damn game.

Rozen Maiden Zuruckspulen 1

I was told there would be minimal desu. I feel lied to.

The first episode is a mess.

The show is more about the relationship of Jun with Shinku and less about the Alice's game, but that plays its role too. Dunno, keep watching, the best is yet to come. You can always drop the last arc if you get tired about the dolls.

BluWacky

Oh and these fights are so fucking lazy. Utena just pulls out a one shot every time when things are remotely approaching difficult for her. Makes the asspulls in Star Driver seem well earned.

Think of it this way - Utena doesn't win the duels, her opponents lose them.

Defuser

XjpVmFY.jpg

I'm sold on this game.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The only reason to buy a SAO game is so you can walk Kirito into waist high objects and pretend the sharp corners and causing him massive discomfort to his groin region.

cajunator

Banned
The only reason to buy a SAO game is so you can walk Kirito into waist high objects and pretend the sharp corners and causing him massive discomfort to his groin region.

Hopefully you are able to wail on Kirito with Lisbeth brandishing some sort of weapon. Probably not.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ace of the Diamond 17

I really like how the MC still can't strike anybody out. He's completely susceptible to getting fucked over by BABIP and it shows in this episode. What kind of ace averages the kind of strikeouts he does? But the best part of his game is still the fact hes got a Clayton Kershaw delivery (without the stuff) which actually does great in an event like Koshien where teams won't get to see that look over and over.

Also really love how crappy of a catcher Miyuki is, poor Chris-senpai really would really be the better catcher, my favorite parts of this episode were the ones involving Chris talking from the bench about Miyuki being a bum but in the most polite form possible.

duckroll

Magi S2 - Episode 18

The broadcast version of the episode seemed somewhat unfinished, so I was wondering if a two day delay at CR would result in a more polished episode. Guess not. This reminds me of all the crying over how Mor's dance was ruined in the previous season because they didn't get in-betweens in time to complete the scene. It seems much more severe here though, since this is the start of the big war, and there was a TON of action.

What actually got finished in a polished state looks pretty good. There are lots of different types of explosions, magic effects, character action, etc. The problem is largely that it feels sorta like watching an early cut of the episode instead of the finished one. Some effects shots simply look like some layers weren't finished or animated in time. Some action scenes were clearly not corrected by any animation director and looks really rough. Some close-ups have faces which look pretty off model. It's pretty sad.

What concerns me even more is that they've stopped having previews for the next episode entirely. Having that one hour special was probably a bad idea if the production is in this state. They need to delay stuff, not move them forward. The rest of this season is pretty heavy on action, so I dunno how they're going to fix their scheduling. I sure hope they do though. >_<

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
D-Frag 04

Well that love triangle really is starting to kick into gear here. Takao is the best girl but man shes got no shot if Roka wanted the MC. Unfortunate because she's the best girl.

The show is trying its hardest to ship Roka x MC but anybody watching this show knows Takao is the best girl by far. Stop trying to destroy greatness, just give the people what they want. It's not hard.

Wow, I think this is the first time I've seen this thread drop to page 2. Anyway,

Log Horizon 18

Dat Valkyrie armor. Lenessia is far less annoying than early one, it's fun watching that character progress. Not enough Akatsuki, but the sign she put up while dressing Lenessia was pretty funny

Really enjoying this series. I'm slightly upset I picked this series to actually watch week after week instead of just waiting years after it's come out to binge watch. Only 4 days til the next episode...

Link Man

Banned
Space Dandy 3

Alright, I think I might be close to dropping this. Hawaii Yankee saved it from being a total bomb, but man was it terrible otherwise.

CorvoSol

Huh. I always found the Afghanistan arc to be the weakest part of the whole franchise, myself - wasn't that the anime original part?

It was, yes. And I'm neither impartial nor unbiased on it, since it was the first part of FMP I saw and it got me into the show.

Gbraga

Space Dandy 3

Alright, I think I might be close to dropping this. Hawaii Yankee saved it from being a total bomb, but man was it terrible otherwise.

I'd have dropped it if it wasn't for their pedigree. I keep waiting for it to suddenly become good.

It's not so bad to watch it once a week though. I wouldn't stand a marathon, but I can spare 20 minutes of my week with it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Should give the next two a shot and judge how hit/miss the show is for you from there.

This is how you people sucker folks into sticking with bad shows for all 13 episodes!

Seriously if you're not enjoying a show after 3 episodes you should just drop it. Always live by the rule of 3.

Narag

This is how you people sucker folks into sticking with bad shows for all 13 episodes!

Seriously if you're not enjoying a show after 3 episodes you should just drop it. Always live by the rule of 3.

I think this is a special case given how different each episode is.

Midonin

Tokyo Ravens 17

Much more Harutora and everyone else this week.
Natsume's secret is finally out. Kyoko, at the very least isn't happy. Though the pressing matter of turning Natsume into the reincarnation is a bigger thing.
Harutora and Suzuka and Kon also got a lot to do this week, as Kon wished. Almost an entire episode full of battle scenes, but it was certainly never dull.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I remember someone (firehawk?) commenting that episode one is a bit of an outlier and the rest of the run is more slapstick.

Still not an interest-killer if the execution works. I guess I'll see what Branduil has to say about the next episode.

Aria the Origination 6
I'm a bit surprised at how little development Alicia has gotten the past couple of seasons, so it was nice to get some after so long. As much as I'd be fine with her continuing to be ara ara-est character ever and not much else, this episode warmed my heart nicely.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I just want Ama-sensei to quote famous people and literature to me all day.

possibly while modeling her own lingerie

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Don't worry Tamayura more aggressiver will happen if you believe!
GRRRRR

Aria the Origination 6
I'm a bit surprised at how little development Alicia has gotten the past couple of seasons, so it was nice to get some after so long. As much as I'd be fine with her continuing to be ara ara-est character ever and not much else, this episode warmed my heart nicely.
Speaking of the Aria picture dramas, they do a bit with "Buddha Alicia" in one of them. lol

duckroll

Is this a condensed version of the series or a follow-up?

It says brand new, so it's probably the sequel. There really aren't any details yet. It could very well still end up being the start of a second season if they're doing the same thing they did with the first season. We'll know more when they actually have an announcement to make. Maybe we'll hear something at the end of the month, since they're holding a new Yamato Talk event on Feb 21.

Midonin

Seitokai Yakuindomo* 05

Lots of focus on the judo team this week. Their innocence is a good change of pace. Aria continues to be the character I pay the most attention to, just because of how bold she is. Futanari (not really), the triangle shaving gag and even diapers... Maken-Ki! may be more explicit visually, but it's got a lot of catching up to do to match SYD in terms of maximum lewdness.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It says brand new, so it's probably the sequel. There really aren't any details yet. It could very well still end up being the start of a second season if they're doing the same thing they did with the first season. We'll know more when they actually have an announcement to make. Maybe we'll hear something at the end of the month, since they're holding a new Yamato Talk event on Feb 21.
Or maybe they'll merge the movie timeline with the reboot timeline! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom