• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Who is that white haired cutie in monster hunter? She has some pretty wild hair but goddamn I love her.

Confession: I only ever played MHFU and not very much of it. MonHun seems like a great game and all but for whatever reason I couldn't get into it. I kinda had hoped there was some manner of plot and also a lock on function.

Theonik

>terrible taste

Theodore pls
Proof that the data is safe in mayo.
That fact also solidifies it as the best condiment.

Akane pls.
iNxsu2XSTP5CC.gif

Me

fertygo

Noragami - 09

That was pretty good, but I can't shake the feeling they make this bigger deal than what it is.. despite they potraying the ritual is very dangerous and all, its still feel too simple of method to save the owner of Shinki that in grave danger because major fuck-up, and no other consequence?
the shinki should've paid the crime with an eyeballs or two or something like that.

Branduil

Since I just did some research on the dub thing, I feel like clarifying a few things from what I can tell.

The original Manga dub with Cranston for episode 4 had messed up music and sound effects because apparently the audio masters that Manga got back then didn't have the dialogue track separated out from the music and sound effects track or was it damage? But anyways, it was probably something to with the Japan side not delivering properly. So they had to create a completely new audio track for the dub. Since a lot of the music from episode 4 was exclusive to that episode, they had to reuse music and sound effects from the previous episodes.

Later on Bandai visual decided to redub episode 4 with the correct music and sound effects while getting back some of the original voice actors but this time David Hayter was doing the voice for Isamu since I assume Cranston wasn't available, there are some other different voice actors as well(like Sharon for example) and the voice direction was a little different. So this is the version that is present on the Bluray.

LOL, some really amateur mistakes happen with anime sometimes.

Theonik

Vividred was so good for the first two episodes then it turned into a waste of time.
Episode 6 was the best. Overall I liked Vividbutts.
Sure it was very predictable and silly, and perhaps not so memorable but also pretty inoffensive and fun.
It was the show that started my path into Strike Witches, and the whole butt thing as well.

Sorry I didn't reply to this sooner.

Yay Chihiro best girl :D She really shined in this last series. I also agree, the lack of Elsie was pretty dreadfully. Whenever we got to see her was great. Love the Kanon Elsie with the firetrucks you posted. xD

Totally agree on the other things you posted, the more serious plot line helped and was a nice refresh. Did you watch the other two ovas too?

No problem. I know you're busy.

And, yup. I watched everything:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=102221345&postcount=10603
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=102226487&postcount=10611
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=102291455&postcount=10781

Or just search the thread for my nick. Should get all my posts about TWGOK then.

Syrinx

Chobits 7

Forget a future with personal robots; I didn't even realize peep shows were still around when this show was made.

This show's kinda getting weird, but not really in a good way.

cajunator

Banned
Confession: I only ever played MHFU and not very much of it. MonHun seems like a great game and all but for whatever reason I couldn't get into it. I kinda had hoped there was some manner of plot and also a lock on function.

its honestly a pretty rough game. The controls are putrid. The fun kind of lies on teaming up with other people to take things down.
also Im referring to her.

Http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/524938/938/10/1249222483123_display.jpg

Proof that the data is safe in mayo.
That fact also solidifies it as the best condiment.

iNxsu2XSTP5CC.gif

Me

I will always love this gif.
so cute.

No problem. I know you're busy.

And, yup. I watched everything:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=102221345&postcount=10603
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=102226487&postcount=10611
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=102291455&postcount=10781

Or just search the thread for my nick. Should get all my posts about TWGOK then.

The way I look at it, the first two series was a necesary build-up to the awesomeness that was Goddesses.

Sadly, they skpped like 7 girls inbetween Season 2 and Goddesses, would have loved to have seen the Body Swap story with Yui properly animated, but it was still nice.

The way I look at it, the first two series was a necesary build-up to the awesomeness that was Goddesses.

Sadly, they skpped like 7 girls inbetween Season 2 and Goddesses, would have loved to have seen the Body Swap story with Yui properly animated, but it was still nice.

Yeah. It was a bit confusing that they skipped as much as they did as you can see from my impressions of Tenri-hen. Weirdest was
Akari
that didn't get any backstory at all.

You read the manga before watching the anime?

cnet128

Banned
Heartcatch Precure! 25

Episode of sun and sand and Fashion Club bonding and who even cares about Itsuki's super-cute dress when this episode features her in pyjamas?!

Also episode of new ED, but I liked the first one better. Sorry new ED, but you ain't got nothing on "shuffle, colourful, beautiful~!" or those gorgeous dance moves, and you don't even feature any delicious civilian clothes so you are inferior by default.

Clannad After Story 12

So
Yoshino's backstory came kind of out of nowhere. Like, the story itself was good and feelsy, but I had a hard time buying it because I didn't feel like it really meshed with Yoshino's character as I'd known it so far. And if he was huge why has no one recognized him? It sort of felt like they needed a story for Yoshino so they just picked one at random from their tragic backstory file.
I don't know, maybe I'm overthinking it.

Second half of the episode was really strong though. Some major angst and character development for Tomoya.
And now they're getting married I guess. At least wait till she's out of high school dude!

Sorry I didn't reply to this a lot sooner.

But dude. Dude! DUDE!!

I look forward to when you post your thoughts on a new After Story episode. Now you are in the real part of Clannad After Story. Now... you begin.

Midonin

Also episode of new ED, but I liked the first one better. Sorry new ED, but you ain't got nothing on "shuffle, colourful, beautiful~!" or those gorgeous dance moves, and you don't even feature any delicious civilian clothes so you are inferior by default.
Tomorrow Song is still really damn good. It's gospel Precure. That's gotta make anybody want to clap their hands.

CorvoSol

Gundam Best Fighters 21

oTFp2DI.png

Haha, they went there.

iMyT6NyLjkBbi.gif

Somewhere in Heaven, Domon and Master Asia are smiling over their successor.

ibxXX7YI7B2fBK.gif

I love this shot so much.

yEPdcWj.gif

Like DAMN.

The sheer amount of love that must go into working on Gundam Build Fighters makes me absolutely warm and fuzzy. This show is so great. I mean, for reals, guys. This is a wonderful anime. Absolutely love this show. To bits and pieces.

Gazoinks

Sorry I didn't reply to this a lot sooner.

But dude. Dude! DUDE!!

I look forward to when you post your thoughts on a new After Story episode. Now you are in the real part of Clannad After Story. Now... you begin.

And then I got sick and didn't watch it for four days. >.> I'll start it again today. At least I'm done with P4 now!

Heartcatch Precure! 25

Kh4kNBW.png

I don't think you can find a plot in MH but Capcpom put a lock on function on MH3U and MH4.

Yowamushi Pedal - 21

Race hype. That fucking
little shit, after going on and on, about how strong he is he grabbed Kinjou and made him fall.

Nakama.

Heartcatch Precure! 25

oIwQgQr.gif

Theonik

You know this is coming from a person that liked the adorkable character of the first HC ED but that post is plain wrong.
Dancing sunshine can't be denied.

Gazoinks

Lol it's cool dude I was gone for about 3 days so no harm. And awesome!

How'd you like that ending eh? P4G is one of my favorite games.

I actually played P4 last September, so it was my second time through. First time on Golden. It is one of my favorite games though! :D

CorvoSol

I don't think you can find a plot in MH but Capcpom put a lock on function on MH3U and MH4.

I'd have to try a demo of it, because fighting things was a pain in the neck with no lock on function. Really dunno how I feel about going into it without an objective. I don't know why, but game just felt like I needed that sort of hook to get me into it.

Super Sonico 9
Oh hey its those girls from the first episode that everyone probably forgot. And then they are side characters while Sonico does everything because she's too nice

cnet128

Banned
Tomorrow Song is still really damn good. It's gospel Precure. That's gotta make anybody want to clap their hands.

I can't say I'm a fan of gospel-style music in general.

You know this is coming from a person that liked the adorkable character of the first HC ED but that post is plain wrong.
Dancing sunshine can't be denied.

Sure she can when it's at the expense of a far better song and superior dancing Erika.

I'd have to try a demo of it, because fighting things was a pain in the neck with no lock on function. Really dunno how I feel about going into it without an objective. I don't know why, but game just felt like I needed that sort of hook to get me into it.

Good news then, there's a demo in the eShop.

MarkusRJR

One Piece - 1

I'm coming in with zero expectations, with only the knowledge that it's apparently a shonen. So far it seems amusing. Anything I should know beforehand or should I keep going on blind?

CorvoSol

I can't say I'm a fan of gospel-style music in general.

So my experience with Gospel style music is all from Brazil, where sometimes it's really fricking cool and other times you want to stab your ears out while the old lady on the bag of the bus belts out "TEM SABOR DE MEL TEM SABOR DE MEL TEM SABOR DE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL" for the fiftieth time in the last half an hour you have spent being forced to dry hump this housewife while also being dry humped by her husband from behind because that's just how close you have to be packed in in this onibus, and it's 150F in the shade, and the air or maybe just hubby's armpits stank of bad egg salad and you don't know what happened to your friends and can only hope they made it on because this is an hour long ride back to the remote-ish community on the edge of the wildlands you call home.

One Piece - 1

I'm coming in with zero expectations, with only the knowledge that it's apparently a shonen. So far it seems amusing. Anything I should know beforehand or should I keep going on blind?

It's good to know which filler episodes to skip, but that doesn't start until the 40s.

Other than that, don't burn yourself out, it takes a little while to get good.

cnet128

Banned
That's crazy talk.

Just telling it like it is.

One Piece - 1

Oh boy, this has all sorts of potential to be fun. Post ALL the impressions! =D

And yeah, it can be helpful to know where the fillers are to skip them...but on the other hand, I personally feel the early OP fillers are actually pretty good as fillers go. They're also woven a little more tightly into the story than your usual fillers, and they don't last all that long, so it might be easier to just roll with it for the time being.

Either way, those won't come up for a while yet, so just keep posting impressions and we'll let you know when the time comes.

sonicmj1

MH4's single player kinda has a plot, but it's basically "We gotta find this rare monster by beating all these other monsters!" It's about as deep as a Pokemon game, even if the characters are kinda fun.

Still it was enough to keep me going until the innate rewards of playing hooked me.

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episodes 8-25

I ended up marathoning this yesterday (at Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan's expense). So I'll say right now that the series wasn't too bad right up until the ending, which was awful.

I mean
Alejandro Corner does virtually nothing of note until Episode 22 then it turns out he's the Paptimus Scirocco of this series all of the sudden. The Alvatore was a crummy Mobile Armor which was seemingly invincible apart from the fact that non-beam weapons could go right through it's weak armor. Then he brings out the Alvaaron which just looks like a GM spray painted gold with some wings attached. No wonder Setsuna had such an easy time against him. Then the writers who seemingly forgot that Graham Aker existed, made him appear for a final time just to make it seem like Setsuna had died or something. Not to mention the killing off of Lockon Stratos who was my favourite of the four, it was a mess.

The other thing I thought was lacking was the sub plot with Saji and Louise. For the most part it had nothing to do with anything that was going on and it was just causing a disconnect from the main story. It took until halfway through the series for that sub plot to actually have anything to do with the main plot with
Louise's family getting blown up at a wedding reception by Nena and Saji's sister getting stabbed to death by Ali.
I still think it was uneccessary for that to even be included at all in the story, when you really just want to know what's going on with Celestial Being and their activities.

Apart from that the mechs were all great especially Exia which is now one of my favourite lead Gundams, and Dynames was pretty good too. Speaking of Dynames, Lockon Stratos was easily the best of the main four pilots as he was the one with the Haro. That automatically makes him top in my book! It's also because he was so laid back all the time and just got things done.

So yeah, not too bad although it had some glaring problems in it. I've already started Season 2 so it's to late to stop me from watching that one!
The end of Episode 25 did say "Mission Incomplete" and I can't just stop a series on that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom