• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

By the way, I want to make one more impassioned plea for anyone who likes iyashikei shows to at least try Super Sonico episode 7. It works fine as a stand-alone episode and was really good.

is this for real? lol

201403030118210000.gif

Oh shit looool

Articalys

Oh yeah, I just remembered that the Anime Mirai films opened in select theaters over the weekend... have we heard any impressions yet?

TheRancor

The dub on the BD also has David Hayter instead of Brian Cranston as Isamu on the last episode!

I'm going to assume that the only real discrepancies in the music used will be in the last episode - Manga actually had to put the whole audio mix back together again for that episode, because the Japan-side managed to damage the original music-and-effects-only audio materials before they handed them to Manga for dubbing.
Well that explains a lot.

cnet128

Banned
Heartcatch Precure! 24

Shiny capes of flying? BEST. UPGRADE. EVER. (And about time too, it's been right there in the OP for ages =p)

lolwat @ Cure Sunshine taking over the entire transformation sequence. I presume it's not going to stay like that. Though I'm not sure what they are going to do about the transformation sequences now there's three of them. Do the dual one and then Sunshine's in sequence? Some nifty cutting between the two? A proper all-new three-Cure sequence may be too much to hope for (though it would be amazing...)

Oh, and it looks like with the added power of Sunshine's outrageous OP-ness, the Cures can finally stand up to the Dark Precure without getting their asses completely handed to them. So that's nice. Tambourines > all confirmed.

Mr.Jeff

Coulda swore I saw someone drop Plus in the last day or so.
Passive Assassin just dropped Frontier on this same page if that's what you're thinking of. (Quite rightly, since it's awful)

Macross Plus is fucking amazing.

Mr. Jeff has some explaining to do!
I could have sworn I searched your MAL yesterday and found no results for it. Oh well.

It's interesting that you and Theonik are covering two completely different sides of Ayako Kawasumi's VA career.

Branduil

Note, if you are going to watch the dub of the Macross Plus OVA later on, I must warn you that the DVD version of the dub messes with the soundtrack to some degree.

I noticed this in one of the dogfights where the specific Kanno track used was clearly different from the original sub version. I didn't check the whole thing to find out how much was tampered with though.

However I compared that to the version of the dub found on the bluray and they seem to have remixed it with the proper music.

Yeah that's the "International Version." I have no idea why they did that since the original is better.

I intend to go to subs for the whole franchise. It's just that the dub of Macross 2 was easiest to get.

You might want to rewatch Plus with dubs at some point for Bryan Cranston.

Link Man

Banned
Usagi Drop 7

Really interesting look at the pressures of being single vs. the pressures of being married, and the ways that men and women view these pressures differently. I really love how human this show can be, even when it seems all candy and rainbows on the surface.

Nafe

Well there is that, and then there is that particular conversation!

Okay, well I just meant along those lines that he wanted him to be more acknowledging of his own interests. Causing dismay sounds like he confirmed he didn't like furry characters when it was thought otherwise that he did or something,haha.

Frighteningly right on all counts. Somehow, Nafe, I can only guess that your fetish is knowing what everyone's fetishes are.

Now if only Regulus would come back so we could have more misty-eyed conversations on all of the hot 90s fashion in Sailor Moon.

I can confirm that that is not the case. While some stuff is pretty tame their have been posts in the thread that have made me think that I didn't really need to know about what was posted.

Why would you think that of me? I was catching up on the thread before this conversation and saw this post of yours here.

I thought I could love any character unconditionally who hit my crop top + suspenders fetish. I was so, so wrong.

It's not any big secret then. I'm simply reading the thread and seeing peoples comments posted. I'm not the one going out of my way to hear about peoples fetishes but rather many people here are just really open and enthusiastic to share them.

Shiro in Deadman Wonderland kills me but, yeah, just like Blazblue I thought it was a trainwreck. I remember you kindly pointing out to me that the characters in Yuushibu also had colored eyelashes, but I might have lasted five minutes. Clearly, I still have limits even when I'm being pandered to.

I only looked at the first episode to see what it was like and didn't actually watch the show either,haha. I really only mentioned it for the coloured eyelashes.

It's little touches like that that really help make the game. I was blown away when I realised they changed every single message for all the chests.

Yeah, not all but a lot of the character dialogue is pretty fun as well. A lot of the games systems or mechanics kind of remind me a little of other games. The orb type magic thing reminds me of Final Fantasy 7 and the guild and the side requests remind me of the side quests you could get from the bulletin board in Mana Khemia 2 or even the monster hunts in Final Fantasy 12 for example.

I need to know if Nafe accepts FOI requests

You mean a Freedom of Information request?

Kyuur

Jesus christ a dude did a presentation about Monster Hunter and School Days in my English class today. I've never cringed so hard.

Reminds me of the time someone in my Communications class did a presentation on Runescape. Complete with game music.

Nafe

All the data your organisation has on me. I KNOW YOU KEEP IT IN A RED BINDER SOMEWHERE

As a lighthearted type joke I don't mind people talking about some kind of "database" by I really don't have anything written down or stored anywhere. I simply read the thread and the same information is there for anyone else here to see.

It's only a green binder if you're smart enough to hide it.

::runs away::

Did you see that post earlier with the picture of Ikuhara's Lesbian Bear Storm thing? It was almost like seeing Cardcaptor Sakura as designed by Zach or something.

Edit: Here it is

Narag

As a lighthearted type joke I don't mind people talking about some kind of "database" by I really don't have anything written down or stored anywhere. I simply read the thread and the same information is there for anyone else here to see.

This entire thread is your database.

Did you see that post earlier with the picture of Ikuhara's Lesbian Bear Storm thing? It was almost like seeing Cardcaptor Sakura as designed by Zach or something.

lol i need to see this

Uraizen

Banned

This is exactly what I was talking about, Nafe. lol.

TheRancor

Really like that dub.
Since I just did some research on the dub thing, I feel like clarifying a few things from what I can tell.

The original Manga dub with Cranston for episode 4 had messed up music and sound effects because apparently the audio masters that Manga got back then didn't have the dialogue track separated out from the music and sound effects track or was it damage? But anyways, it was probably something to with the Japan side not delivering properly. So they had to create a completely new audio track for the dub. Since a lot of the music from episode 4 was exclusive to that episode, they had to reuse music and sound effects from the previous episodes.

Later on Bandai visual decided to redub episode 4 with the correct music and sound effects while getting back some of the original voice actors but this time David Hayter was doing the voice for Isamu since I assume Cranston wasn't available, there are some other different voice actors as well(like Sharon for example) and the voice direction was a little different. So this is the version that is present on the Bluray.

That defeats the purpose.

As Gintama has taught me, you need to hides things in a way no one expects you to. Using a red/green binder actually defeats the purpose because 99 percent of the other people probably did the same thing. You're only making it easier to find it, so use a clear binder!

I'm not sure how I missed this, but "Lesbian Bear Storm" just caught my eye.

cajunator

Banned
A few of the main Date A Live websites are advertising for a Date A Live Encore 3 LE blu-ray package release in December.

I'm slightly confused about what it actually is. Pretty sure it includes the OVA and something related to Encore 3 (duh), but I'm assuming it's just a book rather than anything animated. Kurumi's being used as the poster child for the advertising, so I'm guessing Encore 3 is / includes Kurumi Star Festival? Someone who's actually read the damn things could doubtlessly interpret this news better.

Incidentally, the volume 10 cover's up on the main site. It's spoilery.
Kinda curious whether it'll alter people's opinions of her, since she seems to be the most hated character.

Oh Kurumi, your yandere radiance lights the heavens...

Thanks, that's helpful. Google translate kept throwing up stuff about an unaired anime episode so I assumed it was referring to the OVA that was included with vol 9 of the light novel, but with the release date so far off and given what you've said it's plausible that they're actually animating the Kurumi Star Festival story as a further OVA of sorts, to be released as this LE blu-ray in December. It may well be story #3 from the Encore collection, which'd explain the numbering.

Wait a sec. Animating Kurumi Star Festival

Animated Kurumi in a wedding dress

ah... haha.... hahahaha...

If this turns out to be incorrect I will make you pay for destroying my dreams.

Oh shit. This really exists?
HNNNNG

Haibane Renmei 12-13 (end)

Oh Reki. Not only was she the best character in this story, but at the end I really wanted to give her a big hug. The biggest, tightest hug.

I knowwwwwww. Amazing show.

Due to a watch bet with somebody in K-On GAF, I won't be starting Future Diary just yet, but instead:

Pani Poni Dash! 01

11 year old teacher, a depressed rabbit, lots of students, aliens, cat lord and... Charlton Heston? Wut?

This is certainly strange. Not sure what to think of this yet.

Rebecca reminds me a bit of hakase from Nichijou.

Oh, and maho!

Yay. Youre going to have fun with this one!

One of my all time favorite series, really. Despite owning it on dvd, i'll rebuy on blu-ray someday, just like I did with lain.

It is my all time favorite. Numero uno. The first. DA BEST.

Narag

Since I just did some research on the dub thing, I feel like clarifying a few things from what I can tell.

The original Manga dub with Cranston for episode 4 had messed up music and sound effects because apparently the audio masters that Manga got back then didn't have the dialogue track separated out from the music and sound effects track or was it damage? But anyways, it was probably something to with the Japan side not delivering properly. So they had to create a completely new audio track for the dub. Since a lot of the music from episode 4 was exclusive to that episode, they had to reuse music and sound effects from the previous episodes.

Later on Bandai visual decided to redub episode 4 with the correct music and sound effects while getting back some of the original voice actors but this time David Hayter was doing the voice for Isamu since I assume Cranston wasn't available, there are some different voices as well. So this is the version that is present on the Bluray.

I had no idea about the David Hayter thing. Disappointing.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I could watch episode 6 of silver spoons season 2
or I can wait and see what Gabe Newell's AMA is about.
first world problems.

Midonin

D-Frag! 09

Kenji's sister Noe. As far as little sisters go, I like her. She's basically him, but younger and as a girl, as the club was quick to point out. The whole dance with the lunchbox and Roka's intervention only making it worse was pretty fun. Takao continues to have, while not the biggest boobs of the season, the most amazingly versatile ones. Strong enough to propel a plastic container into the wall and destroy the contents within. All hail Takao!

cajunator

Banned
OH WAIT.

Monster HUNTER. I thought Kurita said Monster RANCHER. That changes my comment about fan service quite a bit.

Who is that white haired cutie in monster hunter? She has some pretty wild hair but goddamn I love her.

Still one of the best tracks in any movie ever.

Okay, well I just meant along those lines that he wanted him to be more acknowledging of his own interests. Causing dismay sounds like he confirmed he didn't like furry characters when it was thought otherwise that he did or something,haha.

I can confirm that that is not the case. While some stuff is pretty tame their have been posts in the thread that have made me think that I didn't really need to know about what was posted.

Why would you think that of me? I was catching up on the thread before this conversation and saw this post of yours here.

It's not any big secret then. I'm simply reading the thread and seeing peoples comments posted. I'm not the one going out of my way to hear about peoples fetishes but rather many people here are just really open and enthusiastic to share them.

I only looked at the first episode to see what it was like and didn't actually watch the show either,haha. I really only mentioned it for the coloured eyelashes.

Yeah, not all but a lot of the character dialogue is pretty fun as well. A lot of the games systems or mechanics kind of remind me a little of other games. The orb type magic thing reminds me of Final Fantasy 7 and the guild and the side requests remind me of the side quests you could get from the bulletin board in Mana Khemia 2 or even the monster hunts in Final Fantasy 12 for example.

You mean a Freedom of Information request?

I agree that peoples fetishes (particularly MadP's) are no secret when theyre so openly discussed here and on twitter. Its blatantly obvious what some people like.

CCS designed by Zach would involve more butts. That looks like something I would design. XD

New pickups

Nice. So is Maken Ki good? I know it has fanservice out the wazoo

The World God Only Knows: Goddesses 12

Damn.

uMHNWfS.jpg

I liked this much better than the first and second season. There were actually some proper story this time other than just to conquer girls. Keima even showed some emotions this time and that was good.

Less of the weird comedy I didn't like (except for that part in episode 9) while still retaining the style of comedy I like. Didn't like how Elsie was made an unimportant joke character though.

Overall I give it 4/5 Elsies in disguise:
K5sux7I.png
K5sux7I.png
K5sux7I.png
K5sux7I.png
HLF6CEQ.png

And a list:
Chihiro > Ayumi > Shiori > Haqua > Kanon > Tenri > Elsie > Nora > Tsukiyo > Yui

Sorry I didn't reply to this sooner.

Yay Chihiro best girl :D She really shined in this last series. I also agree, the lack of Elsie was pretty dreadfully. Whenever we got to see her was great. Love the Kanon Elsie with the firetrucks you posted. xD

Totally agree on the other things you posted, the more serious plot line helped and was a nice refresh. Did you watch the other two ovas too?

Theonik

As Gintama has taught me, you need to hides things in a way no one expects you to. Using a red/green binder actually defeats the purpose because 99 percent of the other people probably did the same thing. You're only making it easier to find it, so use a clear binder!
I think I'd rather hide it inside a barrel of Mayo. AnimeGAF's terrible taste in condiments is bound to protect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom