• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

Butt Buddies #09

Gv1BCUx.gif

DID I HEAR SOME DELICIOUS KOYASU!?

Yowapeda Episode 21
Bh13wagCMAAEI8e.png

Quite a bit of backstory or rather just way too much. The cameos from Teshima (his hair :( ), Aoyagi, and Toudou was the most memorable aspect. Just realized too that I get to hear my favorite VA back to back in two days Ren Kouha in Magi and Toudou here in Yowapeda. He and his faces were hilarious.

Gundam Best Fighters 21

The sheer amount of love that must go into working on Gundam Build Fighters makes me absolutely warm and fuzzy. This show is so great. I mean, for reals, guys. This is a wonderful anime. Absolutely love this show. To bits and pieces.

Lol corvo .. you posted all the gifs i wanted to post so well i just have to say that i enjoyed this episode.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The World God Only Knows: Goddesses 12

Damn.

http://i.imgur.com/uMHNWfS.jpg

I liked this much better than the first and second season. There were actually some proper story this time other than just to conquer girls. Keima even showed some emotions this time and that was good.

Less of the weird comedy I didn't like (except for that part in episode 9) while still retaining the style of comedy I like. Didn't like how Elsie was made an unimportant joke character though.

Overall I give it 4/5 Elsies in disguise:
http://i.imgur.com/K5sux7I.png http://i.imgur.com/K5sux7I.png http://i.imgur.com/K5sux7I.png http://i.imgur.com/K5sux7I.png http://i.imgur.com/HLF6CEQ.png

And a list:
Chihiro > Ayumi > Shiori > Haqua > Kanon > Tenri > Elsie > Nora > Tsukiyo > Yui
I forgot about this thing and just caught up with the manga. It certainly has went to an interesting place. lol

Not gonna lie Ashiteru Ze Baby has an interesting romantic interest and Yuzuyu keeps ruining it. Sugar levels have gone down, at least for now there's no worry of diabeetus.
IIRC the manga has what could be said as the safe and obvious ending.

Forgot there's new D-Frag today, will watch it later. And I'm sure they took into account that Takao is the only romantic interest that isn't more of a jokester than a romantic interest. Besides what's-her-face, the wife-quality one, but she's still a minor character.

I don't mind if this is like Nisekoi and nobody wins, because at least there was a clear favorite. Also it doesn't suck.
Roka will win. She's designed to be the canon waifu.

Well since I did a watch bet with MikeHattsu
Kanon 01
3Fntfsp.gif

Very confusing at the moment since they seemed to show some fragmented memories.
Was waiting for the uguus~ and was not disappointed.
Interesting show non the less

iJlzX79GuzWfr.gif

This is the hottest thing a Gundam protag has done for his girlfriend since Domon Kasshu.
The only thing missing now is a proper eating contest at reiji castle.

Dio Brando just defeated Kyubey and School Days' Makoto for role of "most evil monster in an anime."
Lol that wasn't even hard for him.
Makoto & kuybey appeared after him and nobody has reached Dio level yet.

CorvoSol

The only thing missing now is a proper eating contest at reiji castle.

In the same episode where Reiji gut punches a girl, he
invites her to live with him.
In somebody else's house.

The funniest part of all this is how completely it murders the DTL this show began with.

cnet128

Banned
Heartcatch Precure! 27

lol the poor osananajimi kid never figured out that Itsuki's a girl. Being osananajimi is suffering.

So uh, Tsubomi's long-dead grandfather looks exactly like the mystery man? The plot thickens…

And finally: noooooooo! This episode's new extra-streamlined transformation sequence cut out the single most bestest piece of animation in the entire series! In case it's gone for good, I feel the need to go back and gif it now for posterity.

V308v3s.gif

Whew, that's better. Erika's bestestestestness is preserved.

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Season 2 - Episodes 1-10

I like to imagine that Ribbons Almark is a reincarnation of Amuro Ray who has become a vengeful and tactical antagonist (They do sound roughly the same). It makes this series quite enjoyable that way!

The Exia's apperence in Episode 1 the best thing 00 has had to offer me so far. That tattered cape, that damaged head, that red glowing eye! Hnnnnng!

Exia_repair.jpg

Saji continues to be a nuisence even though he is now travelling on the Ptolemaios, he just complains all the time and even
gets people killed. He's just a walking contradiction.
As for Louise, she's now
an enemy and has had her arm magically restored despite last series explicitly saying it'll never come back. Perhaps she's a cyborg now, half of the returning antagonists seem to be cyborgs anyway!

Also how can I mention Ribbons Almark without mentioning his little crew he has with him, the Innovators! A bunch of people who have stupid names that are like Newtypes or something. They just seem to pop up at random at them moment spreading their oddness wherever they go.

As for Lockon, well
his name has been passed to his twin brother. Who was briefly shown midway in Season 1, blink and you'll miss it! He's slightly different to his older brother. While Lockon Mk.1 broods on the past and joins Celestial Being because he wants to track down the people who killed his family, Lockon Mk.2 doesn't care about the past and only joined Celestial Being because Setsuna was being persuasive (also helps that anti-Government group too). I don't like him as much as his older brother but hey, Haro seems alright with him!

Also the Soma Peries + Sergei Smirnov plot reached it's climax as
Soma found out she's really Marie Parfacy who Allelujah spoke to when he was little. It was really touching to see that scene when Smirnov flys away leaving them behind as I thought that their relationship was one of the better ones that this series has given.

So far, nothing of utter terribleness has really come up. It actually hasn't been that bad at all.

Nafe

Gintama

Episode 54

I see I made it to the famous "Just Do It!" episode of Gintama. I'm not sure if it's funnier in context but still funny none the less.

jzpE6Dsdc3IBj.jpg

Kagura sawg fuu!

Episode 55

There's been a few characters show up now so when Hachiro mentioned
he was once a girl named Hanako
, were the yorozuya trio just surprised by this general fact or were they thinking
of a specific Hanako that was introduced earlier? The only Hanako I can recall is the girl who came to Edo and got tricked by that religious fake cult guy being helped out by the ninja guy.

Toriko Episode 144 – The Beginning of the End! Toriko vs. Joie!

The episode was another one of those pick and choose affairs for the anime in these ending moments it started off at chp 247/8 and did up to chp 254 but basically ended up cutting out any event that was probably deemed too sad or too action (anything dealing with midora's ability left out for some reason). Was surprised at least
that Ichiryuu was still shown with one of his arms badly holed up

Still really interesting way it is being handled wonder how they will end it with the same conclusion and the still major issue outstanding.

Hattori

Banned
One Piece 19
Oh the feels x(
Episodes like this one made me remember why I got hooked on this series in the first place. Poor Kuina.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Season 2 - Episodes 1-10

I like to imagine that Ribbons Almark is a reincarnation of Amuro Ray who has become a vengeful and tactical antagonist (They do sound roughly the same). It makes this series quite enjoyable that way!

The Exia's apperence in Episode 1 the best thing 00 has had to offer me so far. That tattered cape, that damaged head, that red glowing eye! Hnnnnng!

Exia_repair.jpg

Saji continues to be a nuisence even though he is now travelling on the Ptolemaios, he just complains all the time and even
gets people killed. He's just a walking contradiction.
As for Louise, she's now
an enemy and has had her arm magically restored despite last series explicitly saying it'll never come back. Perhaps she's a cyborg now, half of the returning antagonists seem to be cyborgs anyway!

Also how can I mention Ribbons Almark without mentioning his little crew he has with him, the Innovators! A bunch of people who have stupid names that are like Newtypes or something. They just seem to pop up at random at them moment spreading their oddness wherever they go.

As for Lockon, well
his name has been passed to his twin brother. Who was briefly shown midway in Season 1, blink and you'll miss it! He's slightly different to his older brother. While Lockon Mk.1 broods on the past and joins Celestial Being because he wants to track down the people who killed his family, Lockon Mk.2 doesn't care about the past and only joined Celestial Being because Setsuna was being persuasive (also helps that anti-Government group too). I don't like him as much as his older brother but hey, Haro seems alright with him!

Also the Soma Peries + Sergei Smirnov plot reached it's climax as
Soma found out she's really Marie Parfacy who Allelujah spoke to when he was little. It was really touching to see that scene when Smirnov flys away leaving them behind as I thought that their relationship was one of the better ones that this series has given.

So far, nothing of utter terribleness has really come up. It actually hasn't been that bad at all.

I just remembered that the first couple episodes of S2 were actually ones I liked more than the end of S1. Still . . .

Melody of Oblivion 5

God damn this is an awful show. "WAAAAH I DIDN'T MAKE THESE PEOPLE HAPPY WAAAAAH." These are bastards who sacrifice their children to be eaten by monsters. They don't GET to be happy, dipshit.

Syrinx

Happiness Charge Precure 5

Episode was ruined early on when Cure Happy said "Ultra Happy". I had intended to never hear that again. Also this episode had Lollipop Hiphop, which I hope is used sparingly.

I do like the OP and transformation sequence for this show though.

Episodes was about friends and doing good deeds and shit. I was kinda surprised hat what's-her-face was criticizing Megumi for doing these good deeds and accused her of doing them because she liked to get praised and shit, and Megumi was like "Hell yeah".

Cure Fortune appeared there at the end again for some reason. She looked irritated at Princess. Why? She's finally doing her own shit now. Guess it's those personal reasons that made her dislike Hime in the first place.

Strike Witches 2 - 01

Accurate depiction of Strike Witch combat

So either the first time round I was asleep or I've been around Theonik too long but that was a lot of buttshots crammed into this episode.
Nothing else to comment on really; plot and dialog is still ridiculous and I'm not digging Sakamoto's new voice. On the plus side, it had Shirley so all is well.

I either completely missed any season 1 comments or you've been consuming this way faster than I expected. Hopefully, it's more watchable than IS, but I'd prefer to not find out myself.

But two things I took away from this:
1. I blazed through all of SW in 3 days and never noticed or knew Sakamoto had a seiyuu change until now.
2. Shirley yessss. Good man.

I just remembered that the first couple episodes of S2 were actually ones I liked more than the end of S1. Still . . .

That may be due to the fact the the end of S1 sets a pretty low bar for the beginning of S2 to go over. I'd say S2 so far has been at roughly the same quality as the beginning of S1, in that it's pretty average overall. Nothing on the level of Destiny has come up...yet.

Theonik

I either completely missed any season 1 comments or you've been consuming this way faster than I expected. Hopefully, it's more watchable than IS, but I'd prefer to not find out myself.

But two things I took away from this:
1. I blazed through all of SW in 3 days and never noticed or knew Sakamoto had a seiyuu change until now.
2. Shirley yessss. Good man.
He'd seen Strike Witches in the past so Zach is watch CoTS for him to watch S2. And I am watcing Kanakon as payment for how bad IS was/for him to include the movie to his watch.

Theonik

Baccano! - 1~5

OH MY GOD, WHAT IS HAPPENING? THIS IS SO CONFUSING BUT SO GOOD AT THE SAME TIME.
First few episodes are quite boring. The storytelling is also non-linear. It will all make sense soon enough. The series was really built around with re-watches in mind.

First few episodes are quite boring. The storytelling is also non-linear. It will all make sense soon enough. The series was really built around with re-watches in mind.

The first episode was kind of confusing, but I don't remember the episodes after that being boring at all. But the structure of the show does make it such that it takes a little while for you to really understand how everything is connecting together.

Theonik

Kanokon 03
Well this escalated quickly. This show has plenty of lewd antics but it's not really grabbing my attention despite that. It's kinda eh. The MC is gloriously punchable and the :xebec is strong.
Still I can watch this and get some enjoyment I think. A massive lack of mofu again besides one somewhat ugly gag scene.
Also that ending scene Jesus Christ this show.

The first episode was kind of confusing, but I don't remember the episodes after that being boring at all. But the structure of the show does make it such that it takes a little while for you to really understand how everything is connecting together.
First episode and first half of the second one were boring at least. The way things come together is of course intentional but I don't think it works all that great until much later on which works as an obstacle to enjoying the show. This style of thing only really works if you get your viewers to WANT to see how it all connects and that took them a while to figure out. It's a problem when you want to do this sort of thing episodically so it's not entirely down to the creators of the show.

Kingdom 2 Episode 28

Meng Ao Ling Po maze tactics in this stronghold was incredible. Something different then the norm to go along with the usual one v one fight (Xin and Lun Hu) made both fronts interesting .Im impressed he was able to set this up over 40yrs and even get this specific mountain for it too.

Mature

Watching Baccano dubbed was not a decision I regret. Made stomaching the intricacies of the story a little easier. I also watched the OP every episode— helped with getting the names of the characters in my head (i have an awful memory for that sort of thing).

Theonik

I should get to that soon, probably tomorrow since I've been studying all day.
You should. Lafiel is waiting.

Watching Baccano dubbed was not a decision I regret. Made stomaching the intricacies of the story a little easier. I also watched the OP every episode— helped with getting the names of the characters in my head (i have an awful memory for that sort of thing).
The Baccano! dub is criminal like a lot of other dubs. Especially for what they did to Issaac and Miria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom