• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midonin

SoniAni 09

School festivals can be recited from memory by now, but this one was enjoyable. Sonico being forced to do everything but really just wanting to give a lecture on marine biology. Having Fuuri and Suzu fill in for her was good for a few smiles (though Suzu needed to really pad herself out there). I liked the references to other Nitro+ works, too. Sonico dressing up as Kurisu/Christina is even better since her VA was also Nae in... can I say that? It's probably common knowledge anyway. Next week is kitties.

ZX Ignition - 06

Did i just saw a flying horse stepping on a flying rocket and using this a a mean of transportation while the rider was making a kamehameha with a spear ?

????

Well in this episode was basoicly a backstory showing a gilgamesh from fate stay night kicking ass while we finally have enough information to understand the first episode ( finally )

Off to Kobe then !

Haibane Renmei 12-13 (end)

Oh Reki. Not only was she the best character in this story, but at the end I really wanted to give her a big hug. The biggest, tightest hug.

One of my all time favorite series, really. Despite owning it on dvd, i'll rebuy on blu-ray someday, just like I did with lain.

Link Man

Banned
Arakawa*2 2

iU6xkHCF1PX1J.jpg

ibcF9INPN5RdOC.jpg

:dead

TheRancor

Macross II part 4

Oh GOD it's like if you replaced Hikaru with Kaifun and a bad dub job. That's what this show is. I believe a man in the Bible once asked "Has any good thing come from Macross?"
Note, if you are going to watch the dub of the Macross Plus OVA later on, I must warn you that the DVD version of the dub messes with the soundtrack to some degree.

I noticed this in one of the dogfights where the specific Kanno track used was clearly different from the original sub version. I didn't check the whole thing to find out how much was tampered with though.

However I compared that to the version of the dub found on the bluray and they seem to have remixed it with the proper music.

Right now I'm trying to read Betty Milan's "O Papagaio e o Doutor" but to be honest, in spite of the book being way more contemporary than "Iracema" I really don't know what's going on. I can't tell if I only have an excerpt or the whole story is only 30 pages.

At the end of the semester I'll also be reading "Macunaima, o heroi sem caracter".

I did some search about Betty Milan since I didn't know her and found the most recent version of "O Papagaio e o Doutor" has 208 pages. And Mario de Andrade is pretty nice, but I read more poems from him than books.

Urusei Yatsura - 57

NrCz7Vc.jpg

Rumiko pls

This made me notice Ataru's mother has the same apron as Kyoko.
The way of men! is a hard one, you can't keep mumbling incessantly, like women.
Men...Men...should not bitch!
Can't say he didn't deserve what was coming for him.
All relationships are broken in this anime.
Then Ataru
tries to copy the way of men and fail, episode didn't end, his father does the same episode didn't end, Cherry pours one for him while watching the stars, end.

Articalys

Pilot's Love Song ep.9

Not exactly the best timing on your part for that confession, Karl.

I was glad that they actually showed the effects of the aftermath of the battle and deaths on the remaining students; I think the graveyard scene with Chiharu and the others was done well.

ZX IGNITION - 07

So we are finally at the end of episode 1 ... It took only 6 episodes to get the necessary context for this WHOLE MESS...

So what about this episode ? Aina went full DARKNESS Yandere and ...that's it really ..

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't know what the hell you're talking about or trying to quote.
You just left that word out of all the spoilers. The idea of someone saving themselves from spoilers on that show and only reading that word seemed somewhat humorous.

Kurita

Jesus christ a dude did a presentation about Monster Hunter and School Days in my English class today. I've never cringed so hard.

Articalys

You just left that word out of all the spoilers. The idea of someone saving themselves from spoilers on that show and only reading that word seemed somewhat humorous.
No I didn't.
Jesus christ a dude did a presentation about Monster Hunter and School Days in my English class today. I've never cringed so hard.
Those two series don't seem like they have much to do with each other.

CorvoSol

it's a good show.

Macross Frontier

nope. dropped.

So okay, between this, Plus, and II, I'm back to wondering what part of the franchise not entitled "Do You Remember Love?" doesn't suck? Well, as time goes on I'll find out.

[GBF] - 21

This show guys. So good.

I wish I could watch this episode nooooow.

Note, if you are going to watch the dub of the Macross Plus OVA later on, I must warn you that the DVD version of the dub messes with the soundtrack to some degree.

I noticed this in one of the dogfights where the specific Kanno track used was clearly different from the original sub version. I didn't check the whole thing to find out how much was tampered with though.

However I compared that to the version of the dub found on the bluray and they seem to have remixed it with the proper music.

I intend to go to subs for the whole franchise. It's just that the dub of Macross 2 was easiest to get.

I did some search about Betty Milan since I didn't know her and found the most recent version of "O Papagaio e o Doutor" has 208 pages. And Mario de Andrade is pretty nice, but I read more poems from him than books.

Good thing I don't have to read the entire novel, I guess. 208 pages of this would drive me mad. The first night I read some of it I thought I'd gone dumb and forgotten Portuguese. The style of writing is really hard for someone like me to follow.

In my foreign literature class the Japanese students have listed the manga versions of Pokemon and Nausicaa as some of their major literary works. In fairness, my Brazilian group managed to get Elite Squad for our major film work.

What on Earth do Monster Hunter and School Days have in common?

Fanservice that makes you uncomfortable the longer it goes on, maybe?

The slaying of monsters.

Noice.

TheRancor

I have never ever heard anyone, before this morning, associate Zimmer with Lion King. Even in random internet talk when people are talking about his prior works. Not a single time.
To be fair, it's been a while and people like to talk about modern zimmer more.

The Pilot's Love Song - 09

Nice, there wasn't one flying scene, I wouldn't be able to watch it after The Wind Rises.
But I wasn't expecting
the love part now, Kal had balls I don't see in many MCs nowadays.
I want to see Fana. >___<

Gundam Build Fighters 21

REIJI, the master of pick up lines, and being a mooch.

Also despair moe. Considering how telegraphed things were up to this episode, it's clear that Aila was too powerful to defeat, so setting things up was needed to do it.

I think Reiji picked up a habit though. He likes fisting a bit too much.

DiGiKerot

The dub on the BD also has David Hayter instead of Brian Cranston as Isamu on the last episode!

I'm going to assume that the only real discrepancies in the music used will be in the last episode - Manga actually had to put the whole audio mix back together again for that episode, because the Japan-side managed to damage the original music-and-effects-only audio materials before they handed them to Manga for dubbing.

Articalys

Super Sonico ep.9

Bioshock on the Sega Saturn?
Cliche "roped into helping out with everything at the festival" plot?
A couple unexpected nitro+ cosplay cameos?

Well... it was an okay episode, I guess. Seeing Suzu trying to act like Sonico was amusing.

Not looking forward to next week's episode if it's really going to focus on the cats.

edit: oh, and the comic-style ending animation was cute as always.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So okay, between this, Plus, and II, I'm back to wondering what part of the franchise not entitled "Do You Remember Love?" doesn't suck? Well, as time goes on I'll find out.

There are people who hate Plus? Seriously? Plus was fucking amazing. Easily the best Macross show period.

Frontier got better as the show phased out Ranka and put in more Sheryl, cause Sheryl is awesome.

CorvoSol

I'm very disappointed at your ass.

HEY. It isn't my fault that Pixiv doesn't appreciate Liberation Maiden. I blame Suda 51 for knowing they had a great thing and not marketing that enough.

There are people who hate Plus? Seriously? Plus was fucking amazing. Easily the best Macross show period.

Frontier got better as the show phased out Ranka and put in more Sheryl, cause Sheryl is awesome.

Coulda swore I saw someone drop Plus in the last day or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom