• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episodes 8-25
So yeah, not too bad although it had some glaring problems in it. I've already started Season 2 so it's to late to stop me from watching that one!
The end of Episode 25 did say "Mission Incomplete" and I can't just stop a series on that!

Yes you can. Please do. I'm trying to help you. Don't go past this door. It's a BAD IDEA. Don't do it!

So my experience with Gospel style music is all from Brazil, where sometimes it's really fricking cool and other times you want to stab your ears out while the old lady on the bag of the bus belts out "TEM SABOR DE MEL TEM SABOR DE MEL TEM SABOR DE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL" for the fiftieth time in the last half an hour you have spent being forced to dry hump this housewife while also being dry humped by her husband from behind because that's just how close you have to be packed in in this onibus, and it's 150F in the shade, and the air or maybe just hubby's armpits stank of bad egg salad and you don't know what happened to your friends and can only hope they made it on because this is an hour long ride back to the remote-ish community on the edge of the wildlands you call home.

Entra na minha casa, entra na minha vidaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. My mother sings on mass sometimes, and always is hearing this type of music. But I still like Sou um milagre more. Now I want to her some more, since it's been sometime since I last went to mass.

I'm so sorry about these people listening to music in the bus, they are everywhere, atleast it wasn't funk...

MH4's single player kinda has a plot, but it's basically "We gotta find this rare monster by beating all these other monsters!" It's about as deep as a Pokemon game, even if the characters are kinda fun.

Still it was enough to keep me going until the innate rewards of playing hooked me.

MHGaf carried me.
That airship.

Kingom Anime
Damn i want season 3, but looks like that will be long wait seeing people saying around the net the Anime and the Manga is very close...

One Piece - 1

I'm coming in with zero expectations, with only the knowledge that it's apparently a shonen. So far it seems amusing. Anything I should know beforehand or should I keep going on blind?

When compared to Bleach and Naruto, One Piece beginnings is really boring and dreadful anime to sit through IMO, sure many will disagree but it doesn't get good until Alabasta arc.

CorvoSol

Entra na minha casa, entra na minha vidaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. My mother sings on mass sometimes, and always is hearing this type of music. But I still like Sou um milagre more. Now I want to her some more, since it's been sometime since I last went to mass.

I'm so sorry about these people listening to music in the bus, they are everywhere, atleast it wasn't funk...

TBH I don't think I ever even heard much funk while in the country. I mean, I was in Goias and Minas the whole time, and so if you weren't Pagode, Sertaneja, or Evangelico, you weren't music.

And Entra Na Minha Casa or whatever it's actually called was HUGE when I was down there. Like, I mean, we were Missionaries anyway, so one time we were like, 10 of us all on the bus and we got the whole bus to sing it. Probably one of the coolest early experiences I had in Brazil.

My experiences being what they were, the following were either my favorite songs or ones I couldn't escape in Brazil: I liked this one, and I will hate this ear worm till the day I die.

I've already opened the door, gone inside and sat down on the armchair. It's too late!

I TRIED TO WARN YOU. I WARNED YOU ABOUT THOSE STAIRS BRO.

Hattori

Banned
I just restarted watching One Piece myself since CR acquired the back seasons. I have to agree that it is slow and boring it definitely did not age well :(

Dragoshi1

Is no one else watching Happiness Charge Precure?

It's my first precure show, and it's really good! At first I thought it was too girly, but it's actually pretty damn great. Definitely in my top 5 shows of the season.

And Flamenco is best outfit and best "final move". The other special outfits are cool, just not as cool as Flamenco.

Plus dat glorious ED. Watch it in 1080p for maximum enjoyment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojA69S5-fZ4

Theonik

Kanokon 02
ibbbvduWJWFQoJ.png

:xebec *NSFW BUTT*
Well this show is going places. This episode lacked mofu much to my disappointment with the episode card and all but it did introduce a wolf loli so all is forgiven.
Best girl etc.

It's my first precure show, and it's really good! At first I thought it was too girly, but it's actually pretty damn great. Definitely in my top 5 shows of the season.

And Flamenco is best outfit and best "final move". The other special outfits are cool, just not as cool as Flamenco.

*has a HapCha avatar* Yuuko feels ignored.

There are people here watching HappinessCharge Precure. A lot of us actually braving the weathers of the whole series even.

cnet128

Banned
When compared to Bleach and Naruto, One Piece beginnings is really boring and dreadful anime to sit through IMO, sure many will disagree but it doesn't get good until Alabasta arc.

Pschhhhh, even if you somehow hated all the other early arcs, claiming that Arlong Park isn't some good shit is just crazy talk.

I think you'll find quite a few people here are watching HapCha. I myself will be one of them...once I get through Heartcatch, Suite, Smile and DokiDoki >.>

fertygo

Its quite big on here I thought, with the fans like me not ignore it like plaque like dookiedokie..

The myth there's good precure every two year continue!.

Just watching the last eps too, damn.. feel good to watch nice precure show again, show in a roll after first two eps I think.

Not gonna lie Ashiteru Ze Baby has an interesting romantic interest and Yuzuyu keeps ruining it. Sugar levels have gone down, at least for now there's no worry of diabeetus.

Its quite big on here I thought, with the fans like me not ignore it like plaque like dookiedokie..

The myth there's good precure every two year continue!.

Just watching the last eps too, damn.. feel good to watch nice precure show again, show in a roll after first two eps I think.

With the way my feelings have been for Smile, I can't agree with this anymore.

TBH I don't think I ever even heard much funk while in the country. I mean, I was in Goias and Minas the whole time, and so if you weren't Pagode, Sertaneja, or Evangelico, you weren't music.

And Entra Na Minha Casa or whatever it's actually called was HUGE when I was down there. Like, I mean, we were Missionaries anyway, so one time we were like, 10 of us all on the bus and we got the whole bus to sing it. Probably one of the coolest early experiences I had in Brazil.

My experiences being what they were, the following were either my favorite songs or ones I couldn't escape in Brazil: I liked this one, and I will hate this ear worm till the day I die.

I TRIED TO WARN YOU. I WARNED YOU ABOUT THOSE STAIRS BRO.

My older brother just went "Are you hearing Bruno and Marrone? O___O" and next "What's this shit?". Haha.

Mature

GBF - 21
An alright episode. I haven't been a fan of how melodramatic the stuff with Aila and Reiji has been, but I guess it's hard to ask for much else in a show like this.
Reiji getting that upset over Felini's gunpla being destroyed was a bit contrived and just seemed like a convenient way to push forward the development with Aila.
Eh, it's whatever. Seems like it's pretty much out of the way now.

D-Frag 9

The animators realllly like Takao.

Forgot there's new D-Frag today, will watch it later. And I'm sure they took into account that Takao is the only romantic interest that isn't more of a jokester than a romantic interest. Besides what's-her-face, the wife-quality one, but she's still a minor character.

I don't mind if this is like Nisekoi and nobody wins, because at least there was a clear favorite. Also it doesn't suck.

cnet128

Banned
Yowamushi Pedal 21

Hot damn that crash looked fucking brutal. This is why I'm kind of scared by high-speed cycling. I've fallen off a bicycle at speed myself and it hurt pretty bad, and I'm pretty sure the speed I was going at was nothing compared to these guys.

Large quantities of manliness and awesome in this episode also, but hey, what do you expect from goddamn Kinjou and a guy who's good enough to be his rival.

Jintor

Aarlong Park is really where it hooked me.

The anime's pacing is fucked up dreadful though. Just horrific.

Mr.Jeff

Strike Witches 2 - 01

qcFW3k4.gif

Accurate depiction of Strike Witch combat

So either the first time round I was asleep or I've been around Theonik too long but that was a lot of buttshots crammed into this episode.
Nothing else to comment on really; plot and dialog is still ridiculous and I'm not digging Sakamoto's new voice. On the plus side, it had Shirley so all is well.

cajunator

Banned

I love that style. I am soooooo bad at that game though.

So my experience with Gospel style music is all from Brazil, where sometimes it's really fricking cool and other times you want to stab your ears out while the old lady on the bag of the bus belts out "TEM SABOR DE MEL TEM SABOR DE MEL TEM SABOR DE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL" for the fiftieth time in the last half an hour you have spent being forced to dry hump this housewife while also being dry humped by her husband from behind because that's just how close you have to be packed in in this onibus, and it's 150F in the shade, and the air or maybe just hubby's armpits stank of bad egg salad and you don't know what happened to your friends and can only hope they made it on because this is an hour long ride back to the remote-ish community on the edge of the wildlands you call home.

good stuff. Thanks for that :)

I do like this one.

Aarlong Park is really where it hooked me.

The anime's pacing is fucked up dreadful though. Just horrific.

Maybe it was because I could blow trough the first 300 episodes without waiting a week with each episode but imo the pacing wasn't that bad in the beginning (for a shonen). Nowadays it's pretty fucking bad though. It felt like Punk Hazard lasted for a forever.

JoeFu

Banned
Holy crap

D-Frag! 9 killed me

I freaking love this show

Kazama's little sister is awesome! I guess Emiri Kato is one of my favorite voice actresses from all the anime I'ved watched the past 4 months. So... Kazama's sister is even more awesome!

cnet128

Banned
Oddly enough this was my sentiment prior to watching it. But I got used to it,
after a hundred episodes or so :)

I think most people balk at the OP art style a bit at first. It's something of an acquired taste.

Oda's still a genius, though.

CorvoSol

My older brother just went "Are you hearing Bruno and Marrone? O___O" and next "What's this shit?". Haha.

Bwahahaha, Banda DJAVU was horrible, but inescapable. I kinda liked Bruno e Marrone, though. Probably my favorite Dupla Sertaneja.

GBF - 21
An alright episode. I haven't been a fan of how melodramatic the stuff with Aila and Reiji has been, but I guess it's hard to ask for much else in a show like this.
Reiji getting that upset over Felini's gunpla being destroyed was a bit contrived and just seemed like a convenient way to push forward the development with Aila.
Eh, it's whatever. Seems like it's pretty much out of the way now.

All that matters is that Sei is going to learn very quick that you don't open doors with socks on the handle.

Kino's Journey 10

OH. OKAY. YOU DO THAT.

I'd guess the central theme of the episode is "what does it mean to be alive"? because "what's the difference between robots and humans?" doesn't really seem like the kind of theme the show would spend its time on. That said, obvious as it was that the old lady was human, it was interesting to see it all sort of play out.

Kino got straight up COLD at the end of this episode, though. Like, ICE COLD. The people are like "Isn't there anything we can do for you? Doesn't everyone need someone? And Kino cuts them off like "That depends on the person."

AND THEN THEY SUICIDE BECAUSE THEY DON'T FEEL NEEDED.

I confess I'm having a bit of a hard time trying to get some meaning out of that event.

Bwahahaha, Banda DJAVU was horrible, but inescapable. I kinda liked Bruno e Marrone, though. Probably my favorite Dupla Sertaneja.

It was more because I hear more animesongs, he was scared because I was hearing them. They are not that bad.

D-frag! - 09

It came from Japan!
The little sister is a mini Kazama, Takao still the best, Funabori crawling up.

cnet128

Banned
Heartcatch Precure! 26

Generally I'm okay with the Precure swimsuit ban. I don't like it, but I can live with it. But I have to admit it does kind of bug me when we get scenes like this. Dress for the occasion, girls!

Wait Itsuki what are you doing GET AWAY FROM THAT THING AND KILL IT WITH FIRE

AAAAAAGH YOUR FACE IS LIKE AN INCH AWAY HOW CAN YOU EVEN DO THAT I'M DYING JUST WATCHING YOU

D-Frag 9
Takao's amazing breasts killed me. Tha was just too funny. The bentou actually went farther than in the manga. Kazama's little sister is adorable as well as Funabori

Heartcatch Precure! 26

Generally I'm okay with the Precure swimsuit ban. I don't like it, but I can live with it. But I have to admit it does kind of bug me when we get scenes like this. Dress for the occasion, girls!

AAAAAAGH YOUR FACE IS LIKE AN INCH AWAY HOW CAN YOU EVEN DO THAT I'M DYING JUST WATCHING YOU

The weird part about the swimsuit ban is that it only really applies to the show. Other merchandise like the Animation Works books and Calenders? Free game. Like this one

EDIT: I like how Tsubomi doesn't give a fuck in that third image.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Heartcatch Precure! 26

dat drawn animated spider is probably poisonous.

cajunator

Banned

All that matters is that Sei is going to learn very quick that you don't open doors with socks on the handle.

Kino's Journey 10

OH. OKAY. YOU DO THAT.

I'd guess the central theme of the episode is "what does it mean to be alive"? because "what's the difference between robots and humans?" doesn't really seem like the kind of theme the show would spend its time on. That said, obvious as it was that the old lady was human, it was interesting to see it all sort of play out.

Kino got straight up COLD at the end of this episode, though. Like, ICE COLD. The people are like "Isn't there anything we can do for you? Doesn't everyone need someone? And Kino cuts them off like "That depends on the person."

AND THEN THEY SUICIDE BECAUSE THEY DON'T FEEL NEEDED.

I confess I'm having a bit of a hard time trying to get some meaning out of that event.

well it wasnt just her being cold but more uninvolved as she typically is. She simply didnt personally involve herself.

That's the female version of Kirin armor. The helmet gives you the cool white hair.

Thanks for explanation. Love her design :)

CorvoSol

Ooh, I'd take a GBF sequel series where all the characters are grown up.

Gundam Build Fighters Zeta. BELIEVE.

It was more because I hear more animesongs, he was scared because I was hearing them. They are not that bad.

Errybody likes to jam to them animu tunes once in awhile.

well it wasnt just her being cold but more uninvolved as she typically is. She simply didnt personally involve herself.

I dunno, it was kinda cold the way she just watched 'em do it and then rode off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom