• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kanokon 03

Well this escalated quickly. This show has plenty of lewd antics but it's not really grabbing my attention despite that. It's kinda eh. The MC is gloriously punchable and the :xebec is strong.
Still I can watch this and get some enjoyment I think. A massive lack of mofu again besides one somewhat ugly gag scene.
Also that ending scene Jesus Christ this show.

First episode and first half of the second one were boring at least. The way things come together is of course intentional but I don't think it works all that great until much later on which works as an obstacle to enjoying the show. This style of thing only really works if you get your viewers to WANT to see how it all connects and that took them a while to figure out. It's a problem when you want to do this sort of thing episodically so it's not entirely down to the creators of the show.

I had no fun watching Kanokon. I watched it all the way through, but it was just too weird for me to enjoy.

Theonik

Changes to the script and characters? Or you just didn't like the voices...
Mostly the voices. The English casting makes them sound a lot more serious which kinda doesn't work for their characters. Hearing those accents also made my ears bleed.

I had no fun watching Kanokon. I watched it all the way through, but it was just too weird for me to enjoy.
I don't actually mind weirdness as you would describe it at all and Kanokon is not really weird at all.

b50Ld2U.jpg
B8D64jh.jpg

No-rin 8

Oh sweet merciful lord, its a Becky episode.

Absolutely lost it with the cooking class. NSFWx2

Every single male character in that room should be ashamed of themselves and should no longer call themselves a man.

And Kei, while I thought your moment with Yakul was awesome and I may still like you as a bro, you are terrible defender of World Cup breasts everywhere.

Kansoku

Watching Baccano dubbed was not a decision I regret. Made stomaching the intricacies of the story a little easier. I also watched the OP every episode— helped with getting the names of the characters in my head (i have an awful memory for that sort of thing).

I also suck with names, especially characters that look alike. I had problems with Ladd/Isaac, and still have problems distinguishing Luck/Maiza and knowing who is from what family and stuff,.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Watching Baccano dubbed was not a decision I regret. Made stomaching the intricacies of the story a little easier. I also watched the OP every episode— helped with getting the names of the characters in my head (i have an awful memory for that sort of thing).

I need to do this one day.

In a perfect world skipping the Baccano OP would be punishable by death.

Vecks

Space Dandy 9

Here we go again. Another Space Dandy episode that is just so different from the rest. I think it'd be interesting to see a poll/ranking of how each episode stacks up, or maybe just a list of what most can agree on are the best episodes. Anyway, the past few episodes have been pretty silly/stupid for the most part, but this one was really... relaxing to watch. They didn't really talk much during this episode, but that was a good thing. I just loved the trippy art and music. Reminded me very much of Botanicula and that Mushroom Men game. Is there a name for this kind of stuff?

Space Dandy 9

Here we go again. Another Space Dandy episode that is just so different from the rest. I think it'd be interesting to see a poll/ranking of how each episode stacks up, or maybe just a list of what most can agree on are the best episodes. Anyway, the past few episodes have been pretty silly/stupid for the most part, but this one was really... relaxing to watch. They didn't really talk much during this episode, but that was a good thing. I just loved the trippy art and music. Reminded me very much of Botanicula and that Mushroom Men game. Is there a name for this kind of stuff?

Drug trips

Buddy Comprexo 9

Husbando you suck!

NO HUSBANDO. IT IS YOU WHO SUCKS. ALL THIS SEXUAL FRUSTRATION. WE MUST DANCE IT OUT.

O-or... or we could punch each other?

YES THAT WORKS TOO.

Syrinx

Nichijou 16

Yuuko's yelling scenes are really annoying.

Hopefully her meeting Professor means more Professor. Not a surprise to see her get along with Yuuko, but it would still be funny to see her interact with the others.

How does that science teacher still have a job after assaulting a student with a deadly weapon?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Witch Craft Works Episode 2
So it seems the guy wont become completely useless and will learn magic aswell, interested in seeing where this is going.

Kansoku

I find the way they pronounce Nice kinda odd (especially since I'm watching Hamatora, and they pronounce Nice as the word nice in English)

Kingdom S2 Episode 29
Bh2UvXrCMAA-Nr9.png

Really tense episode. Extremely close but still kicking.
Was impressed when Xin pulled Lun Hu off the horse slamming him on the ground and then similarly when he got a swift sword slash in. Part of me is glad he stood back up as it was a bit unfair to get him when he had his attention diverted to an interruption. If he can get him while facing him head on it will truly feel like a true victory of this extremely long multi day battle

Yowamushi Pedal 21

Huh, didn't expect a flashback, especially since I thought it was an actual race and I missed something. >_>

Oh well, gave character to the two captains so I can't complain.

tri_willy

Toriko Episode 144 – The Beginning of the End! Toriko vs. Joie!

The episode was another one of those pick and choose affairs for the anime in these ending moments it started off at chp 247/8 and did up to chp 254 but basically ended up cutting out any event that was probably deemed too sad or too action (anything dealing with midora's ability left out for some reason). Was surprised at least
that Ichiryuu was still shown with one of his arms badly holed up

Still really interesting way it is being handled wonder how they will end it with the same conclusion and the still major issue outstanding.

pretty disappointed that they decided not to follow the manga

D-Frag 9

This show continues to deliver, and has already beaten Seki Kun and Seitokai Yakuindomo Butthole as my favorite high school comedy this season. The father and son make a return this episode, as brief as it is it was glorious. Also Kazama's sister is the girl version of him haha

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Witch Craft Works Episode 3
Kinda alot happened in one episode, confirmed my suspicions on how she seemingly doesnt get hurt and yet was wearing a scarf after that tiger skin bit the dude.

CorvoSol

That may be due to the fact the the end of S1 sets a pretty low bar for the beginning of S2 to go over. I'd say S2 so far has been at roughly the same quality as the beginning of S1, in that it's pretty average overall. Nothing on the level of Destiny has come up...yet.

Well, and I think the beginning of the season wasn't half bad. Battle damaged Exia, Saji not being completely worthless, no dealing with Sumeragi pissing herself when her plans went wrong.

And then the spiraling.

Vecks

YowaPedal 21

Geez, that crash was brutal. But that's Kinjou for you. Losing first place unfairly, bleeding everywhere, bike broken, and still finishes the race with a straight face.

The Pilot's LOVE HURTS. LOVE SCARS. LOVE WOUNDS. AND MARS. Song 09

Big reveals, I can already tell how this is going to end.
Claire/Nina will sacrifice herself to protect Superman. She'll die in his arms and he'll make a promise to become the BEST GUNDAM PILOT EVER.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Nichijou 16

Yuuko's yelling scenes are really annoying.

Hopefully her meeting Professor means more Professor. Not a surprise to see her get along with Yuuko, but it would still be funny to see her interact with the others.

How does that science teacher still have a job after assaulting a student with a deadly weapon?

This is probably my favorite episode of Nichijou. The coffee shop, the character eraser skit, the whole scene at Nano's house. It all works so well.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
kara no Kyokai - Mirai Fukuin

So I understand that at the show's core it's all about philosophy and the way to view life. Having said that I found this episode to be very... contrived. It delves on the various aspects of viewing the future for far too long and brings in characters just for the sake of. It doesn't really feel very good but at he same time it feels good to watch it. The philosophies and the various sayings in the show sit well with me despite it being very obvious. I would say this is one of the more coherent and non-convoluted bullshit in the entire series. At the same time because of it Mirai Fukuin is more boring than the others. It's a lot of talking with really nothing to show for it. In the end character arcs are forgettable and somewhat stupid, the characters themselves are uninteresting, and the events that happen are largely unimportant both within the context of the episode and the series as a whole.

Visually, Mirai Fukuin is fucking amazing. The backgrounds look stellar, the camera direction is pretty fantastic and one particular scene that pans across a building was balls to the walls awesome. I think ufotable outdid themselves and pretty much raises the bar in visual fidelity out of all the animation studios out there. There is more color variety here than in the previous episodes so I greatly enjoyed that as well.

Overall I have mixed feelings about this last entry in the series. It was interesting to say the least but at the same time it was largely unneeded as the entire story was closed out. Eh.... do I hate it? Not really. Do I love it? Not really. It's a good watch regardless. Much better than the shitty first episode.

kara no Kyokai - Mirai Fukuin

So I understand that at the show's core it's all about philosophy and the way to view life. Having said that I found this episode to be very... contrived. It delves on the various aspects of viewing the future for far too long and brings in characters just for the sake of. It doesn't really feel very good but at he same time it feels good to watch it. The philosophies and the various sayings in the show sit well with me despite it being very obvious. I would say this is one of the more coherent and non-convoluted bullshit in the entire series. At the same time because of it Mirai Fukuin is more boring than the others. It's a lot of talking with really nothing to show for it. In the end character arcs are forgettable and somewhat stupid, the characters themselves are uninteresting, and the events that happen are largely unimportant both within the context of the episode and the series as a whole.

Visually, Mirai Fukuin is fucking amazing. The backgrounds look stellar, the camera direction is pretty fantastic and one particular scene that pans across a building was balls to the walls awesome. I think ufotable outdid themselves and pretty much raises the bar in visual fidelity out of all the animation studios out there. There is more color variety here than in the previous episodes so I greatly enjoyed that as well.

Overall I have mixed feelings about this last entry in the series. It was interesting to say the least but at the same time it was largely unneeded as the entire story was closed out. Eh.... do I hate it? Not really. Do I love it? Not really. It's a good watch regardless. Much better than the shitty first episode.

I'm honestly going to watch this movie as fan-service really. Fan-service because of the relationship expansions as it was frustrating throughout the whole series since nothing much evolved.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm honestly going to watch this movie as fan-service really. Fan-service because of the relationship expansions as it was frustrating throughout the whole series since nothing much evolved.

It's a very fanservice-esque episode. Even moreso because Shiki and Mikiya act very familiar with each other but throughout the episode but she acts very distant towards Mikiya in Murder 2. It's very weird seeing this happen since Mirai Fukuin happens in between the already existing episodes. Eh. Continuity... who gives a shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom