• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
the leading side effect of cancer: missing the top quarter of your head.

Midonin

Tokyo Ravens 21

Lots of elements from the start of the series returning in full force to bookend the thing. Funi's player could use less buffering, but the episode itself was interesting.
Harutora's so desperate to revive Natsume that he wants to try to use the ritual he stopped Suzuka from doing at the beginning of the show. And Suzuka calls him out on it as much.
And having no Kon in the previews means having no Kon anywhere in the episode. I'm looking forward to seeing how this ends, now that things have become clear.

Theonik

You might as well explain why it ruined its intro eps. They ruined themselves.
They wanted to introduce all the cures to be used in the upcoming cross-over movie so they crammed it all in the first 5 episodes to get that done in time.
At least that's the very angry explanation I got when I complained about them being crap.

Articalys

By the way, I do like this quote from the end of the Ando interview:
There are always several projects going on with people like me who are working in anime all the time. But a lot of them just don't get animated, or only do after a lot of time has passed. [...] It's really a miracle that anything gets made, because out of a hundred ideas that are proposed at any time, only one or two will end up being animated. So the next time you see an anime, coming from me or anywhere, take a moment to say "Oh! This got to be created!" It's a miracle.
Makes you wonder what kind of ideas land in that discarded pile.

They wanted to introduce all the cures to be used in the upcoming cross-over movie so they crammed it all in the first 5 episodes to get that done in time.
At least that's the very angry explanation I got when I complained about them being crap.

Yeah, it's not like Yes! 5 didn't happen or anything.

I'm so confused. Just finished Medaka Box on CR. So.... I guess I have to read the manga to see what happens?

Just Medaka Box, or that and Medaka Box: Abnormal? Either way, you will probably have to read the manga for closure as the manga ended after the anime adaptations.

CorvoSol

So was there any reason to see the first two Madoka movies? Cuz I didn't see anything new, and I don't remember if the show was this pretty or not.

So was there any reason to see the first two Madoka movies? Cuz I didn't see anything new, and I don't remember if the show was this pretty or not.

The first two Madoka movies are basically just polished up versions of the show. Re-animated, some tiny little new lines here and there, etc. Nothing really new was added like in the TTGL movies or the Nanoha movies.

The third movie is the all new story that picks up where the show left off.

Midonin

Seitokai Yakuindomo* 09

The show's always been self-aware, but Suzu and Takatoshi's desperate attempt to get out of Aria's perverted segment was fun to watch. Uomi is always wonderful (Chiwa Saito, woo!) and Furuya and all her outdated slang also provided a nice change of pace from the show. Ranko's material was more typical, but still enjoyable. When Aria mentioned she'd been on a college campus before, I was thinking "It's because you're Nana in Golden Time, right?". The answer was hardly that, but I do love a good voice actor joke. Which the Triple Booking segment also provided.

Mr.Jeff

Kanokon 03
Also that ending scene Jesus Christ this show.
Bwahaha, out of all the lewd in the series, that's the one scene that I always remember from coming straight out of nowhere.

I either completely missed any season 1 comments or you've been consuming this way faster than I expected. Hopefully, it's more watchable than IS, but I'd prefer to not find out myself.

But two things I took away from this:
1. I blazed through all of SW in 3 days and never noticed or knew Sakamoto had a seiyuu change until now.
2. Shirley yessss. Good man.
I watched the original series back when it was airing because I was still in the youthful point of watching near enough everything in a season. I don't really have any great love for the series aside from the quantity of smut it produces.

Theonik and Zach both are determined to make me a convert to the Way of the MofuButt™ so why not.

The original Sakamoto was great for having a totally deadpan laugh and while the new one has yet to laugh as such, it's still a disappointment. Also, Shirely is so best.

There is also that. But Wakamoto doesn't feature for much of the series.
Even his minor appearance is still great. I remember after the series had ended the first time, I added a track from the soundtrack which is nothing more than Wakamoto giving some kind of monologue purely because of it being Wakamoto.

W-why? I mean, isn't the ending pretty conclusive?

Oh man this third movie is going to be a bad idea, isn't it?

Oh don't get me wrong. The third movie is very well done. It actually takes the ending of the series and expands on it quite a bit.

But that's all I'm going to say other than the fact that you might learn something from the third movie....

jman2050

But it's over. We don't need anything else, do we?

This was basically my thought as the movie was announced and as it approached release. Avoiding spoilers was quite the adventure.

Then I saw the movie and realized that it gave me great, wonderful things I didn't even know I wanted.

Urusei Yatsura - 61

fbDhX4R.jpg
qayCOu7.jpg

Mendou Family Masked Ball. I love Ryoko's kuroko.
Amazing Bruce Lee Ataru.

cnet128

Banned
D-Frag! 9

This imouto strikes me as not quite as cute as imoutos ought by rights to be. However, she makes up for that by playing incredibly well off all the other characters. Sasuga desu.

Meanwhile, Takao-thunder's assets continue to earn their reputation as extremely dangerous weapons.

Black Lagoon 6
So that sort of explains weird atmosphere between Rock and Revy. And that job being basically a game seemed stupid. As well as the Nazis adding almost nothing to the plot except that you are supposed to hate them

Bakemono gatari ( snake & cat blu-ray edition )

Watching the start of the cat part and it's quite funny how shaft actually made up an entire set of scenes for the flashback scene based on few key points in the books and right now it doesn't even make sense since the writter wrote nekomonogatari and it doesn't follow those flashback scenes ..at all.I mean the one thing they did right was the number of victims and the fact that it's shinobu that give the finaly attack..everything else is pure SHAFT imagination ...because at the time nobody knew the details.

Anyway the snake part was quite cool , if only because you could just forget the missing trend of the "boy that was cursed" because it's really forgotten for a lot of time. and nadeko in bloomers ..Good work kanbaru !

So episode 12 was the first DATE between gahara & araragi , again plenty of good conceptthat will be reused in the next arc started here, very good mention to gahara-san saying " you think my underclassmate is perverted , then how about THIS !"

Loving you gahara....
Anyway still have plenty of blu-rays left

Pilot's Love Song 9
Much better than previous episodes, I liked it.

Noragimi 9
... and this, in the other hand, was predictable and trite. I was guessing every plot point before it happened.

Space Dandy 9
The surprise of the past week, cool and quirky episode of SD. They should do more of this, though I suppose the real difference is the staff. SD seems a series where they are giving a lot of freedom to the director and creative staff of each episode to do their thing, so we have good episodes like 5 and 9 and bad episodes like.. most of the rest.

CorvoSol

Higurashi Kai 16

I know it's cliche to say it, but when you say "human vivisection" the first thing that comes to mind is "Nazi Germany." So lemme just say that it's no real surprise that
a clique of Japanese politicians who are survivors of the second world war
should be up to some seriously Nazi shit.

Link Man

Banned
Arakawa*2 3

it0bmniCdJ4XV.jpg

Not much to say about this episode, except that it's nice to see Nino's and Rec's relationship develop a bit. Oh, and Maria is the ultimate troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom