• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Urusei Yatsura - 64

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Visual confirmation Shinobu has given up. But
the girls can't lose to Lum and even I had forgot Ataru was the class president.
Now I know why japanese people don't know english, speaking of the devil.

Next episode we have more MakotoRyuunosuke.

Urusei Yatsura - 65

UNF UNF HNNNNNNNG.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Keikaku doori.

I know this has been on my list to watch for a bit now, but you're making my cool down period a bit... strained/

Kanon 06

MLce7gA.gif

We got sword girls now ?_?
Stuff just went from a mystery to outright ???
I seem to feel bad for Ayu but I don't know why.
Still an interesting show besides the whole weirdness being amp up.

cnet128

Banned
Heartcatch Precure! 28

Episode of summer holiday homework!

You should really listen to the angel one, Erika. It has the cuter outfit. You know it makes sense.

That said…

j3YKkmC.gif

…yeahhhhhhhh, I remember that feel >.>

This episode was also notable for featuring a veritable army of Desatorians (even including some adorable tiny ones XD). But mostly it was all about Erika's antics. I laughed when her response to Cobraja encouraging the primary-school Desatorians to go and destroy their school was "…could you take care of the middle school too?"

cajunator

Banned
Saitou Chiwa is one of the tougher seiyuu to get a hang of as well, because she has so much goddamn range. Though individual roles of hers can sound similar. The plainface voice she uses for the likes of Senjougahara (Monogatari) and Homura (Madoka) is one, but right down at the other end of the spectrum, I'm a fan of the wonderful hyper genki slightly-insane voice she uses for Taokaka (BlazBlue), Patty (Tales of Vesperia) and Chimney (One Piece). And she has a ton of different voices besides those.

I gotta say Im definitely a fan of hers.

Well, well, well...

Yuno what else came?

I'm gonna get so wiiiiiiide right now.

FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Setokai Yakuindomo S2 - 09

So .... Hata got his scoop, uomi didn't get friend zonned but was
familly -zoned
instead , a sempai nobody was ready for , Another triple booking CAMEO for AND Some really shaddy stuff with Aria ...

9/10 episode.

Andrew J.

- The story is about a war between Mars and Earth, in traditional real robot style, ie: Gundam.

This bit kind of worries me. Gundam usually sticks with the Earthsphere because plausible future technology allows characters and armies to move between Earth, space colonies, and the moon fairly fast. Unless this show has warp gates or FTL travel the writers are going to have to spend a lot of time plotting out the logistics of a war between enemies several light-minutes apart.

CorvoSol

Getter Robo G 4

A demon impersonates a girl to screw with a member of the Getter crew. On the one hand Benkei could never be part of the team without this sacred rite of passage, but on the other hand can we please make an effort to do things we didn't do 45 episodes ago?

This bit kind of worries me. Gundam usually sticks with the Earthsphere because plausible future technology allows characters and armies to move between Earth, space colonies, and the moon fairly fast. Unless this show has warp gates or FTL travel the writers are going to have to spend a lot of time plotting out the logistics of a war between enemies several light-minutes apart.

Gundam AGE did it already, the Vegans were a race that lived on Martian colonies against the Earth Federation. Doesn't excuse how terrible the series was. Hopefully this one will be a lot better!

Andrew J.

Gundam AGE did it already, the Vegans were a race that lived on Martian colonies against the Earth Federation. Doesn't excuse how terrible the series was. Hopefully this one will be a lot better!

Yeah, but the execution there was terrible! I believe the endgame involved the Vegans bringing their entire colony into a war zone, for no reason other than the potential for massive civilian casualties

CorvoSol

<- Has a Gundam shirt bought at Uniqlo.
Never watched a Gundam show/movie.
I'm a Fake Otaku Guy.

I've seen almost every Gundam show and don't have any Gundam clothes.

But I own a buncha models, which is the merch that counts in the end.

Great Mazinger Z 4

And then a talking crow was introduced for the sake of trolling Boss. I can live with that.

OceanBlue

Gundam Build Fighters 2-21

This show is awesome. This is definitely one of the best tournament shounen shows I've seen in a while. I'm glad everyone's talk about the shipping lured me in. It's a very approachable anime for someone like me who doesn't really know anything about Gundam. The animation is amazing, the music is catchy, and there's so much SHOUNEN HAATO. Even if the conflicts are relatively simple, I personally think they're done well, and all of these things come together to make gripping climaxes each episode. Plus there's shipping! :D

Kansoku

Hamatora - 9
Man, this episode was all over the place visually. Nothing happening and them bam, progress happens in the last seconds.

Hunter x Hunter 119

The hit and jump away thing Killua did was really cool visually.

I've probably said this a million times, but it's really nice to see this arc not only drawn well, but animated well too. I never thought we'd see the day even a few years ago.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 4

Just a quick PSA Emma Sheen was the greatest woman to live during the entire Universal Century and like, one of five good women characters Tomino ever wrote.

Really love the music in Zeta Gundam, too.

Someone finally posted scans of the interview with Ei Aoki on Aldnoah Zero from the pamphlet they were giving out at Animate stores on Sunday. Here are some details:

- The project originated when he was approached by the Aniplex producer to create a new robot anime. He decided he wanted to make a real robot show.

- The story is about a war between Mars and Earth, in traditional real robot style, ie: Gundam. The people fighting the war are all humans, even though they live on two different planets.

- We can expect all the usual stuff from such a work - different ideologies, politics, teenage pilots both male and female, more realistic military style action, etc.

- The name "Aldnoah" refers to the main reason humanity started migrating to Mars. There was a discovery of an advanced energy source from a long lost civilization on the planet. That energy source is called Aldnoah.

- The original working title for the show was "Princess of Mars". But the actual story has no relation to the classic series featuring John Carter.

I think it's pretty obvious that this is definitely the Aniplex mecha show they were talking about once upon a time at Anime Expo when they said they were working on something to challenge Gundam. Lol.

Kind of made me think of gAGE which is good as I liked that one, if they throw in the point of the energy source have detrimental effects on health and shorter lifetime...FemPilot, hopefully the mecha is like the Fawn Farsia.

So glad this pamphlet was translated, a bit more hyped for it after the slightly disappointing reveal of the mecha designs.

Dresden

It's a good show. Lots of gundam fanservice for those hardcore fans, but for the rest of us, the whole thing is so solid there's nothing to worry about.

Kara No Kyoukai Mirai Fukuin: Thoughts

It was enjoyable enough but it brought nothing new to the table really. First half is a side story of sorts and the second half is an epilogue. Then there's the extra 30 minute bit that came before the film. The connection between all three parts are characters introduced.

For the first half it was standard Kara No Kyoukai, only it was most definitely a side story as not much character development occurred for any of the main cast but for the arc's side characters. The 'epilogue' to the whole series was a jump 10 years in the future. And this is the part I was looking forward to the most. And the one that disappointed me the most as well.

Not only is it shorter than the first half, it also really doesn't do much for any of the main cast besides implications. The main players are characters exclusively introduced in this film. I have liked the complex relationship between Shiki and Mikiya throughout the series and it was barely explored here (more in the 30 minute 'short' though). I mean sure
they make it really obvious that Mana is Mikiya's daughter so it means Shiki and him got married at one point
but you know it wouldn't have hurt to use the epilogue to let me see into the lives of our cast. I wasn't asking for Harry Potter levels of "YOUR NAME IS SEVERUS BECAUSE HE SAVE MA LIFE SON HE SO BRAVE" but a simple look into their daily lives wouldn't have hurt.

This movie is basically fan-service in the sense of giving us more of this world, as irrelevant as it is to the large scheme. As a fan I appreciated, but it left me longing for more instead of just ending it all. I don't know if this is because they want to do more films in the future or to follow the tradition of vagueness the whole series loves to do.

This movie gets a 45/crayons

Theonik

Girls und Panzer 09-10 (rewatch)
Still great

The Daily Lives of High-school Boys 01
#dead
the Gundam coloured Zakus ahaha

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 09-11 -END-
Such glorified BS I don't even know where to start.

OceanBlue

I kinda appreciate that there's no love triangles and the pairings are all neatly portioned out. No drama.

Definitely! It allows for more cute moments and for focus on the fights and character conflicts. I'm not really a fan of love-triangle drama, and this was really nice after coming off of Inakoi 7 and Log Horizon 22.

Huh. I've avoided it because I've only watched like 3 Gundam series. Maybe I should watch this then.

I'm the same way. I only vaguely remember Gundam SEED. I might have seen others on Toonami or something, but I don't think I really paid attention to Gundam. There are a lot of references and in-jokes fly over my head, but the material is so solid that the show is entertaining regardless. Rather, I'd say that the base material is great, and the jokes are a nice addition for fans of the franchise. Plus, the show provides an uninformed character for whom things can be explained lol.

It's a good show. Lots of gundam fanservice for those hardcore fans, but for the rest of us, the whole thing is so solid there's nothing to worry about.

I plan on watching this, but after I plow through a couple Gundams so I'll get at least some of the references. It should make the show more enjoyable.

I plan on finishing X, and then watch 00 and G. G is apparently the greatest so I'll save that for last before watching Build Fighters.

I watched Gundam Seed. I have an understanding that this is the best Gundam so I'm sure I'll appreciate it just as much as those of you who have seen all those other crappy gundam shows. I mean bros do you even Jesus Yamato?

Don't forget the Rose of Versailles OP reference!

Fujinami Ryuunosuke...who, as we know, has been raised all these years as a boy...could very well have an anima and libido as twisted...as the spine of a luckless pro-wrestler...trapped in Antonio's "Special Destruction Hold"...and thus, she might become interested in girls!

Urusei Yatsura - 67

Megane is a true man. Don't die on us Megane.
Full-speed
to our world, first reaction to helping the lady instead of fighting the evil peach.
lol

Crocodile

RB81vqt.jpg

I don't have an issue with this, but so many kid pilots in mecha shows. Just like FSN is mostly kids and FZ is mostly adults, I was hoping for something similar

Yeah I had the same reaction reading that line :/ Doesn't mean the show can't be great but Japan's youth obsession pisses me off from time to time.

9uAvyh4.jpg

Pokemon XY 18

Clemont goddamnit.

You do not go after the underage ojousama until after she's old enough to properly speak her "Ohohoho!" and her drill hairs actually twirl.

That's just common sense.

CorvoSol

Higurashi 17

You know what? No. She deserved it. She deserved to have what she loved taken from her and mocked. To have the efforts of those she loved mocked. Because though those people were good, she is not, and she deserves nothing but pain and agony. Woman may have suffered a terrible childhood, but unlike MANY she escaped that to a home of love and care. And what did she do with that second chance? Took it, ran with it, and abused it for the sake of destroying the happiness of others.

Does it hurt, huh? Not nearly enough. Not for a monster who murders and vivisects for her own twisted goal. Suffer, more and more deeply, before I feel any pity for you, you miserable wretch.

Hey, if 00 is as bad as you and Corvo say it is, then it will make G Gundam more enjoyable and amazing than it apparently already is!

00 is not that bad ...
00 has decent production values, an intresting cast and a very good premise.
Heck the first season of 00 is legit good.

00 problem is that the potential of most of the things they didn't take care of in season 1 was just discarded.

00 was really a fine take on the gundam - verse it just isn't excellent because they decided to do nonsense in S2 instead of going all the way through the premise they started in the opening episodes.

I watched Gundam Seed. I have an understanding that this is the best Gundam so I'm sure I'll appreciate it just as much as those of you who have seen all those other crappy gundam shows. I mean bros do you even Jesus Yamato?

Indeed after all those years Jesus yamato is still in the top 10 newtype ranking , so that must mean something , right ? RIGHT ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom