• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Urusei Yatsura - 63

q5R5Cvo.jpg
MakotoRyuunosuke does things to me. All I needed, a tomboy. <3

Pani Poni Dash! 03

Is that Resetti?

What an ahoge episode. Even aliens wants ahoge. And creating artificial ahoges can lead to serious trouble.

Even more characters introduced including... catwoman? No... Wait... It's not catwoman after all.

Oh, and did I mention ahoge?

Mature

"As for future projects, I still can't announce anything specific yet, but I'm working on two action titles. They're both at the planning stage though, so nothing solid is fixed yet. By the time you hear more about them it could be years from now, but we'll see."

OMG OMG OMG OMG! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel~
Fingers crossed that it's not an adaptation.

Articalys

I could have sworn I read something about Sugita being kicked off or something.
After the first season of Tokyo Encounter ended normally, completely separate from that, in mid-2013 they started some new show with Yuichi Nakamura playing games, with Maaya Uchida as an assistant or something.

http://www.at-x.com/program/detail/4552

Then in November they announced a one-time special Tokyo Encounter episode with Sugita and Nakamura, to air just after New Year's:

http://www.at-x.com/program/detail/5174

And late last week they finally announced a whole new season of Tokyo Encounter, called "Tokyo Encounter Nii", again with Sugita and Nakamura.

http://www.at-x.com/whats_new/detail/3311
http://www.at-x.com/program/detail/5352

As far as I know, any discussion about Sugita being forcibly removed from any programs were just false rumors.

cnet128

Banned
Tokyo Ravens 21

Now this is a serious action plot arc I can get behind. I don't care how unnatural it is or how horribly it goes against the moral of the very first arc of this series or how ridiculously low the chances of success are, our protags had BETTER
succeed in resurrecting Natsume

...Still needs more Kon, though. Some things never change.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Seitokai Yakuindomo 9

NSwn4mDl.jpg

The punchline to this gag got me good.

The show is still what it is though. But it's been that for the last couple of years anyway. lol

cnet128

Banned
Hunter x Hunter 119

Killua awesome levels: off the charts.

But the majority of the episode was devoted to Ikarugo, and there's something strangely engrossing about his smaller-scale struggles and how he faces them with all his nerve like the brotastic octopus he is. For some reason this sequence with his unconventional showdown with Brovuda is one of the parts that I always remember first when thinking back to this arc in the manga. It's good stuff, and it's very Hunter x Hunter.

Hamatora 9

This show is trying to be so many things, and it's failing at basically all of them. Trying to be emotional? Fail. Trying to be a 'lovable crew of misfits with a heart of gold"? Fail. Trying to be deep as shit? Nope.

It's entertaining enough to go ahead and finish off, but it just isn't working. And I'm imagining the writer/author like writing the pages at a blazing speed while doing cocaine and listening to 'Danger Zone' just freaking spanking it over how clever he swears he is.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man. The Yuyushiki ED theme is way, way better than I had initially given it credit for. I always liked it, but it's quickly becoming one of my favorites on my OP/ED playlist.

I watched the original series back when it was airing because I was still in the youthful point of watching near enough everything in a season. I don't really have any great love for the series aside from the quantity of smut it produces.

Theonik and Zach both are determined to make me a convert to the Way of the MofuButt™ so why not.

The original Sakamoto was great for having a totally deadpan laugh and while the new one has yet to laugh as such, it's still a disappointment. Also, Shirely is so best.

Through frequent lobbying and some strong persuasive tactics, you'll become a convert to the mofu soon enough. I can attest to this from experience! You're already off to a great start with the Shirley appreciation too.

Articalys

Hey, he asked me, buddy. This is what I get for trying to take the time to look up extra details and actually provide sources, jeez...
:D

Hey Arti, would you know/be able to find out who did the composition for the Yuyushiki ED?

I'd actually had this memorized back when the show is airing but had to look it up again just now.
Basically it's Ryutaro Nakahara, a.k.a. Ryu&#9734;, one of the longtime composers for Konami's Bemani rhythm games, among other things. "Another Infinity" is a unit name he uses along with another composer, Yusuke Ceo, who goes by the stage name Starving Trancer.

duckroll

Someone finally posted scans of the interview with Ei Aoki on Aldnoah Zero from the pamphlet they were giving out at Animate stores on Sunday. Here are some details:

- The project originated when he was approached by the Aniplex producer to create a new robot anime. He decided he wanted to make a real robot show.

- The story is about a war between Mars and Earth, in traditional real robot style, ie: Gundam. The people fighting the war are all humans, even though they live on two different planets.

- We can expect all the usual stuff from such a work - different ideologies, politics, teenage pilots both male and female, more realistic military style action, etc.

- The name "Aldnoah" refers to the main reason humanity started migrating to Mars. There was a discovery of an advanced energy source from a long lost civilization on the planet. That energy source is called Aldnoah.

- The original working title for the show was "Princess of Mars". But the actual story has no relation to the classic series featuring John Carter.

I think it's pretty obvious that this is definitely the Aniplex mecha show they were talking about once upon a time at Anime Expo when they said they were working on something to challenge Gundam. Lol.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Hey, he asked me, buddy. This is what I get for trying to take the time to look up extra details and actually provide sources, jeez...

I'd actually had this memorized back when the show is airing but had to look it up again just now.
Basically it's Ryutaro Nakahara, a.k.a. Ryu&#9734;, one of the longtime composers for Konami's Bemani rhythm games, among other things. "Another Infinity" is a unit name he uses along with another composer, Yusuke Ceo, who goes by the stage name Starving Trancer.

Thanks! Makes sense that it'd be a Bemani guy. I can totally hear it.

- We can expect all the usual stuff from such a work - different ideologies, politics, teenage pilots both male and female, more realistic military style action, etc.

RB81vqt.jpg

I don't have an issue with this, but so many kid pilots in mecha shows. Just like FSN is mostly kids and FZ is mostly adults, I was hoping for something similar

Hm... Any other anime OP or EDs he/they made?

Articalys

Someone finally posted scans of the interview with Ei Aoki on Aldnoah Zero from the pamphlet they were giving out at Animate stores on Sunday. Here are some details:

- The project originated when he was approached by the Aniplex producer to create a new robot anime. He decided he wanted to make a real robot show.

- The story is about a war between Mars and Earth, in traditional real robot style, ie: Gundam. The people fighting the war are all humans, even though they live on two different planets.

- The name "Aldnoah" refers to the main reason humanity started migrating to Mars. There was a discovery of an advanced energy source from a long lost civilization on the planet. That energy source is called Aldnoah.

- The original working title for the show was "Princess of Mars". But the actual story has no relation to the classic series featuring John Carter.

I think it's pretty obvious that this is definitely the Aniplex mecha show they were talking about once upon a time at Anime Expo when they said they were working on something to challenge Gundam. Lol.
I'll admit I'm not usually into real robot genre shows, mostly for the bolded line, but the pedigree on this series means I'll likely give it a shot.

Theonik

Bwahaha, out of all the lewd in the series, that's the one scene that I always remember from coming straight out of nowhere.
I saw it coming several minutes before. What surprised me was how much the MC went along with it. Now it was obvious he's a secret perv but jeez.

Even his minor appearance is still great. I remember after the series had ended the first time, I added a track from the soundtrack which is nothing more than Wakamoto giving some kind of monologue purely because of it being Wakamoto.
Wakamoto, saving anime since 1972.

Those Comp. Scis sure had evil plans.

Ask for a refund.

One question that hasn't been answered: why?
My theory is that this came about when they were trying to get the OST for the Kickstarter they are doing now. It was probably offered to them through their negotiations but I haven't looked into who owns what to verify this.

Urusei Yatsura - 63

MakotoRyuunosuke does things to me. All I needed, a tomboy. <3
WELL. This has moved a further 10 spots on my to-do list.

From the little I have seen it's a worthy journey.

So that about wraps it up for the frilly skirt theory, I guess.
Zaku's been wearing skirts since 1979 bra.

Through frequent lobbying and some strong persuasive tactics, you'll become a convert to the mofu soon enough. I can attest to this from experience! You're already off to a great start with the Shirley appreciation too.
Oh he's already converted much as he tries to hide it. I mean his avatar should tell you things too!

Hunter x Hunter - 119

1393967463524.gif

Sooooooooo Good

This episode is EXACTLY why hxh is in my top 3 shonen series.

Yeah killua was badass, and his power doesn't feel cheated at all , you could see the build up , the applications of the technique are there and easy to understand it's badass and it has restriction ... all is good.

But if you expected an episode dedicated to a fight , think again , we have the tales of the octopus to tell , and it should have been a low point , BUT instead is the opposite because it showed , clever tactics , octopus adapting on the fly and using material at his disposal , and it finished by a magnificent character develloppement. I mean seriously ?

YEAH seriously !

Hxh is that good , now we have morel stuck in a mind trap as if this wasn't enough...
Trully this episode DELIVERED THE GOODS

i'm satisfied , i'm happy .

Are you talking to me ? because i'm saying the exact opposite.
Killua power make perfect sense , was forsadowed multiples times

I'm loving it.

Yeah I was. And I thought your line of 'his powers don't feel cheated at all' were a jab at Kurapika haha. I agree that Killua's make sense in the context of the show.

Theonik

GMs are fuggly and look like you stuck vacuum cleaners for heads. The Gundam was the only passable UC0079 fed suit.

CorvoSol

GMs are fuggly and look like you stuck vacuum cleaners for heads. The Gundam was the only passable UC0079 fed suit.

Uh, whatever. Everybody knows that Spacenoids, in addition to being incompetent, racist, violent fucks, design shit mecha. This is why their entire species has become obsessed with Mobile Armors that look like BUBBLETAPE.

Meanwhile, the Chosen who are blessed to live in gravity's embrace design rad shit like Gundams and their mass-produced little bros the GMs.

Yeah I was. And I thought your line of 'his powers don't feel cheated at all' were a jab at Kurapika haha. I agree that Killua's make sense in the context of the show.

kurapika has SO MANY restrictions that it doesn't bother me at all .

Sure he is all very powerfull , but only in certain conditions so that doesn't bother me at all.

What matters isn't how powerfull you are but how your power are used and how often you can use it.
All the things that one could consider "ass-pulls" in the hxh -verse have A long risk or restrictions for their usage a cost that can't be denied.

And that's also why i like Hxh. the risk/reward is clearly explained each time.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Urusei Yatsura - 64

uhUJ3xb.jpg

As I said love trian...Nice cameo Yotsuya/Kyoko/Godai.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Visual confirmation Shinobu has given up. But
the girls can't lose to Lum and even I had forgot Ataru was the class president.
Now I know why japanese people don't know english, speaking of the devil.
kcyaMzZ.jpg

Goodbye Ataru.
Next episode we have more MakotoRyuunosuke.

Urusei Yatsura - 65

UNF UNF HNNNNNNNG.

WELL. This has moved a further 10 spots on my to-do list.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Keikaku doori.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom