• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't watch 00. OH GOD.

Speak of the devil...

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Season 2 - Episodes 11-25 [End]

Now that I've got to the end of this I can say...it's not the worst series of Gundam, that's Destiny, I'd put S2 on roughly the same level as AGE and S1 on roughly the same level of Zeta (which for me is lower than most fans of Gundam due to my disliking of the last 10 episodes). This series was just so unoriginal that it hurts. It manages to combine the worst parts of Zeta with a bit of Wing for good measure. I honestly wanted a few characters to die as I was getting sick and tired of them nattering on about revenge and peace, let's get onto them.

Firstly I want to talk Louise Halvey who I hated with the passion of a million suns.
Why in all that is good in this world did she have to survive in the end. It's not like she would've been a huge loss. Only Saji seemed to care about her and he was a nobody even when he pioted the 0-Raiser as he just sat in it and said docking when it was time to do the docking. Louise just spouted rubbish for 25 episodes in the name of peace while funding an organisation which used Orbital Satellite Cannons to kill hundreds of thousands of people. Hey Louise! You don't see those kids going insane, taking odd pills and piloting a stupid hermit crab mobile armour do you?

Also I want to talk about the death of
the great Colonel Smirnov, who was a nice guy who played by the rules then his idiotic son who must've caught the stupid off Louise goes and blows him up because he blames him for his mother dieing. Well done, you've now killed your father and now you have no parents! I bet you're really happy now...!

Also how did they not realise that
Anew Returner was an Innovator? She has a whackjob name, that should be setting alarm bells ringing already considering the brilliant naming job the other ones ended up getting. Lockon Mk.2 was an idiot for even trying to negotiate with her.

Mr Bushido was a waste of time and hardly appeared at all during the series...oh wait so he's pretty much the same as
Graham Aker then only this time he has a mask! That makes all the difference!

Ribbons was the antagonist that Gundam deserves yet he had to be in this series.
He even pilots the 0 Gundam at the end which looks just like the RX-78-2! He really is Evil Amuro Ray and I love him for that! He's a sly, manipulating, clever bastard designed just so that the audience can hate him even more. Also Reborns Gundam is great too so theres that as well.

I would rip it further but there is too much to rip it on. There's still the movie to go!

CorvoSol

Speak of the devil...

I would rip it further but there is too much to rip it on. There's still the movie to go!

It's amazing how you rip it for all the things I did (except I also hated hated hated Ribbons), but don't hate it as much as I do. Now that some time has passed, I suppose AGE is inargueably worse, but I can't really say the same for Destiny, because I kind of am blinded by the fact that it was the 2nd Gundam show I ever watched.

Removing Destiny from the list, then, because I cannot be trusted where it is concerned, I would say that AGE > 00 S2 > Victory in terms of the worst shows, though my personal hatred of 00 would rank S2 lower.

I really hate that show, haha.

It's amazing how you rip it for all the things I did (except I also hated hated hated Ribbons), but don't hate it as much as I do. Now that some time has passed, I suppose AGE is inargueably worse, but I can't really say the same for Destiny, because I kind of am blinded by the fact that it was the 2nd Gundam show I ever watched.

Removing Destiny from the list, then, because I cannot be trusted where it is concerned, I would say that AGE > 00 S2 > Victory in terms of the worst shows, though my personal hatred of 00 would rank S2 lower.

I really hate that show, haha.

I know for sure that my Gundam bottom of the pile looks something like Victory > AGE >= 00 S2 > Destiny.

The only reason I like Victory more than the other three is due to the music being so good in it. The OPs and EDs are great (OP2's a bit weak but eh), the Insert Song in Episode 50 was incredible and the general background music was superb. I also quite like the Victory and V2 Gundams and I wished that the Zanspine made an appearence because that looked great as well.

Urusei Yatsura - 68
H7cNFcu.jpg

Got in the act.
The reactions of everyone to female Ataru were so good, but he acting like a woman was best, like after this scene going "Ka-sama" and acting all girly.
And it had MakotoRyuunosuke. It should be prohibited to go berserk with a dangerous cannon, like that.

Speak of the devil...

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Season 2 - Episodes 11-25 [End]

Now that I've got to the end of this I can say...it's not the worst series of Gundam, that's Destiny, I'd put S2 on roughly the same level as AGE and S1 on roughly the same level of Zeta (which for me is lower than most fans of Gundam due to my disliking of the last 10 episodes). This series was just so unoriginal that it hurts. It manages to combine the worst parts of Zeta with a bit of Wing for good measure. I honestly wanted a few characters to die as I was getting sick and tired of them nattering on about revenge and peace, let's get onto them.
All the good things they could have done with it was plagued by decisions or plot things that just annoy me.

Louise in particular was the most bullsht turn of events EVER...
"hey look at all those people having fun while i'm working , let's kill them all , just for fun !"
When That happenned i was fearing the MOST for this serie plot and S2 happenned.

Firstly I want to talk Louise Halvey who I hated with the passion of a million suns.
Why in all that is good in this world did she have to survive in the end. It's not like she would've been a huge loss. Only Saji seemed to care about her and he was a nobody even when he pioted the 0-Raiser as he just sat in it and said docking when it was time to do the docking. Louise just spouted rubbish for 25 episodes in the name of peace while funding an organisation which used Orbital Satellite Cannons to kill hundreds of thousands of people. Hey Louise! You don't see those kids going insane, taking odd pills and piloting a stupid hermit crab mobile armour do you?
Hating louise is like breathing , everyone does , it's THAT NATURAL , sure she suffered some bullshit , but to compensate they did so many stupid things in S2 it's not even funny.

Also I want to talk about the death of
the great Colonel Smirnov, who was a nice guy who played by the rules then his idiotic son who must've caught the stupid off Louise goes and blows him up because he blames him for his mother dieing. Well done, you've now killed your father and now you have no parents! I bet you're really happy now...!
In general , both in S1 & S2 , all the death of characters that weren't antagonists was a loss of the story , a "true" loss ..
saji sister, Smirnov and the 2 at the end of S1, heck even wang lui mei
they never got replaced and they were doing something important , more than that they were relatable and intresting characters , but they died one by one.
Also how did they not realise that
Anew Returner was an Innovator? She has a whackjob name, that should be setting alarm bells ringing already considering the brilliant naming job the other ones ended up getting. Lockon Mk.2 was an idiot for even trying to negotiate with her.
Naming conventions don't work that way , everyone has stupid names in this anime.
Mr Bushido was a waste of time and hardly appeared at all during the series...oh wait so he's pretty much the same as
Graham Aker then only this time he has a mask! That makes all the difference!
Another wasted opportunity ..giving him the mask was supposed to make him different , to expand his character ... but nothing happenned.

Ribbons was the antagonist that Gundam deserves yet he had to be in this series.
He even pilots the 0 Gundam at the end which looks just like the RX-78-2! He really is Evil Amuro Ray and I love him for that! He's a sly, manipulating, clever bastard designed just so that the audience can hate him even more. Also Reborns Gundam is great too so theres that as well.
I agree , great character stuck in a show that didn't go all the way "just because" . I'd argue that he should have either go fruther in his plans or never allowed the event of the end of S1 to happen and he would have won in the end.

You should cool donw a day or two before watching the movie , that's the best advice i can give you.

PS: what do you think of marina ismail ?

You should cool donw a day or two before watching the movie , that's the best advice i can give you.

PS: what do you think of marina ismail ?

I will take your advice on that one. I'm burnt out on this! Some Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! should do the trick!

She was just there to play the organ for the children, say that fighting and war is not the way to peace just like Relena Darlian and say "Setsuna" in a soft voice every so often.

I didn't think much of her to be honest.

CorvoSol

I know for sure that my Gundam bottom of the pile looks something like Victory > AGE >= 00 S2 > Destiny.

The only reason I like Victory more than the other three is due to the music being so good in it. The OPs and EDs are great (OP2's a bit weak but eh), the Insert Song in Episode 50 was incredible and the general background music was superb. I also quite like the Victory and V2 Gundams and I wished that the Zanspine made an appearence because that looked great as well.

Oh, my arrows were indicators of awful, not preference. I'd go 00 > Destiny > Victory > AGE > 00 S2 in terms of preference.

I really liked Victory's backgrounds, the music WAS good, and I loved Marbet, but I actually hated basically all mechanical designs in Victory, except the V2 and the EZ.

Michiko & Hatchin 19-22
Well this was a thrilling ride. Episode 19 was the true climax of the show
with Atsuko finally giving up on saving Michiko and Michiko realizing how much Hatchin meant to her and was more using meeting Hiroshi as excuse to stay with Hatchin rather than the beginning where it was reversed. Episode 20 was a look into Satoshi's and Monstro's past. They finally killed those awful guys from Monstro. Michiko was just ramming through blockades. Episode 21 had Michiko escaping the police with showing some corrupt ways of police. Satoshi and Hatchin also have an interesting dynamic. Hatchin finally finds Hiroshi and then finally meets up with Michiko again to be cornered by the police. The beginning of Episode 22 surprised me with the girl that looked familiar but wasn't seen before. Has them escape the police until getting caught by Ricardo and Atsuko who are much better police than the officer chasing them. The meeting with Hiroshi was okay but the greatest moment was definitely when Hatchin wanted to chase after Michiko while in the plane. Would have been fine to end on that. The epilogue actually felt unnecessary, I'd feel Hatchin wouldn't jump into a relationship as easily as that though that last scene with Michiko and Hatchin hugging though it being dark in reference to the scene from the first and second episode was fitting end.

Urusei Yatsura - 69

I don't know if Jariten has spent to much time with Ataru, or if Ataru has spent to much time with Mendou, or Mendou has spent to much time with Jariten.
Atleast they put The Mighty Desk-Throwing to use some of that muscle.

cajunator

Banned
Pani Poni Dash! 03

Is that Resetti?

What an ahoge episode. Even aliens wants ahoge. And creating artificial ahoges can lead to serious trouble.

Even more characters introduced including... catwoman? No... Wait... It's not catwoman after all.

Oh, and did I mention ahoge?

ahoges are a miracle. So is hair ears actually. Both of which are well represented here.

I found this while looking for Gundam Build Fighters fanart. Precures seem to work well as mecha.

tumblr_n1uww2Pv6D1qa92wlo1_1280.jpg

this is fantastic.

My Baccano blu-ray set just got here! :DDDDD Now I own two of my favorite series. Waiting for Cowboy Bebop to release on blu-ray (already own movie)

Congrats! Baccano is worthy. Ive only got dvd actually but the bluray is on my list.

I will take your advice on that one. I'm burnt out on this! Some Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! should do the trick!

She was just there to play the organ for the children, say that fighting and war is not the way to peace just like Relena Darlian and say "Setsuna" in a soft voice every so often.

I didn't think much of her to be honest.
That's the thing , SHE HAS NO PURPOSE.. it's a total waste. i should happy they didn't make her a "lacus clyne", but she has no political power , no charisma except with children , no fighting or diplomacy skills ( yeah even the diplomacy was handled by the other chick ) and her relationship with setsuna went nowhere !

If they wanted to show a realistic princess, they nailed it , she was boring as possible.

Tokyo Ravens 21

Kinda liked the whole parallel from the beginning of the show to now about using that ritual spell.

Yeah that was pretty good.. bakatora hypocrisy in that situation was all the more sweeter when you consider what happenned in ep 3

Tokyo Ravens 21

Ohtomo and Douman teaming up
has me hyped for the next episode. I wish they would have
left Natsume dead,
but this might not be a bad way to end this series.

I have no idea what that scene was implying about Tenma, is he a spy or something?

CorvoSol

Oh are we dissing on Marina Ismail?

BECAUSE FUCK THAT AWFUL SONG OF HERS SO SO SO SO MUCH. Lacus may be the Dark Lady of the Sith, but at least her song didn't make a terrorist want to claw his own ears out.

wonzo

Banned
inb4 anime adaptation

Omae o Otaku ni Shiteyaru kara, Ore o Riajuu ni Shitekure!

Kashiwada Naoki was determined to lead his high-school life without anyone knowing that he's an Otaku. However, his classmate Bishoujo, Koigasaki Momo, who was rumored among the girls to be a bitch, found him out!? Before the despairing Kashiwada, she said something undoubtedly surprising.

“Aren’t you an Otaku? Then, make me into an Otaku!”

The love story of two individuals bounded by an agreement of Otaku and Riajuu starts!!

sound like a potential 10k seller

Oh are we dissing on Marina Ismail?

BECAUSE FUCK THAT AWFUL SONG OF HERS SO SO SO SO MUCH. Lacus may be the Dark Lady of the Sith, but at least her song didn't make a terrorist want to claw his own ears out.

Dark Lady of the Sith
It's really an appropriate name for her.

Funny how everyone who opposed her is either her comarade or dead.

As for marina, well i want to say something but i'll let the impression on the 00 movie to say it because .....LOL

CorvoSol

Dark Lady of the Sith
It's really an appropriate name for her.

Funny how everyone who opposed her is either her comarade or dead.

As for marina, well i want to say something but i'll let the impression on the 00 movie to say it because .....LOL

Lucky for Marina there are far worse love interests than her in this franchise.

jman2050

inb4 anime adaptation

sound like a potential 10k seller

I was actually making a shindanmaker thing with random high school anime premises some time ago cause I was bored but failed when I found out complete phrases have a 90 character limit (F U Twitter)

This sounds like it'd be right at home there.

OceanBlue

D-Frag 9

I like Nao. She kinda fulfills the same role as Kazama in jokes, but she wasn't as picked-on as Kazama in the first episode, so her spin on conversations will probably be a bit different. She'll probably be the butt of jokes less than Kazama would be. Plus, she's a cute imouto!

Now that she's introduced, I'm kinda wondering if they're ever going to do anything with Sakura. She hasn't had much of a presence for most of the series, and it'd be a shame if she remained in the background for the entire series.

Kingdom 2 Episode 30

That is the fight I wanted of Lun Hu and Xin, and great fighting moment when they were on ground and the camera kept going around them as they exchanged blows
and then landing on him and kind of hugging him in a form of respect. Kind of figured he wouldn't take his head after their many runnings. His perfect rival this season

Qiang Lei though...

CorvoSol

Trying to decide if I should drop Space Dandy and Nobunaga the Fool. I'm watching a buttload of stuff right now, and I'm really not feeling Nobunaga the Fool and Dandy was never really my thing.

Trying to decide if I should drop Space Dandy and Nobunaga the Fool. I'm watching a buttload of stuff right now, and I'm really not feeling Nobunaga the Fool and Dandy was never really my thing.

Honestly? I'd say drop Nobunaga. Dandy still has originality and great animation going for it if nothing else. It also comes on saturday nights, while Nobu comes in the middle of the week. And it isn't very good.

Not to say Dandy has been fantastic, but like I said it has good sides to it. Assuming you only wanna drop one. I didn't read that 'and' lol

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 4

Just a quick PSA Emma Sheen was the greatest woman to live during the entire Universal Century and like, one of five good women characters Tomino ever wrote.

Really love the music in Zeta Gundam, too.

This just needs to be repeated. Emma Sheen da besssss!

Narag

Catch up on dandy during the break if inclined.

CorvoSol

Honestly? I'd say drop Nobunaga. Dandy still has originality and great animation going for it if nothing else. It also comes on saturday nights, while Nobu comes in the middle of the week. And it isn't very good.

Not to say Dandy has been fantastic, but like I said it has good sides to it. Assuming you only wanna drop one. I didn't read that 'and' lol

Probably just cut both of them. Nobunaga has been a big disappointment to me. I wanted more crazy historical cross over and less whatever it is I got.

This just needs to be repeated. Emma Sheen da besssss!

Emma so good.

Catch up on dandy during the break if inclined.

I think I'll drop Dandy now and ask again later if it's really worth my time. It's nice to look at, but that's all I can really say. Comedy hasn't really appealed to me of late, and so I dunno, I'll just let it go. If it winds up like SamFlam I can always come back.

cajunator

Banned
Heartcatch Precure! 28

Episode of summer holiday homework!

You should really listen to the angel one, Erika. It has the cuter outfit. You know it makes sense.

That said…

j3YKkmC.gif

…yeahhhhhhhh, I remember that feel >.>

This episode was also notable for featuring a veritable army of Desatorians (even including some adorable tiny ones XD). But mostly it was all about Erika's antics. I laughed when her response to Cobraja encouraging the primary-school Desatorians to go and destroy their school was "…could you take care of the middle school too?"

Angel Erika is fucking adorable.

Nobody informed me of a tomboy so you should take care of that harder!

Speaking of tomboys, very nice avy Zach :)

I think I'll drop Dandy now and ask again later if it's really worth my time. It's nice to look at, but that's all I can really say. Comedy hasn't really appealed to me of late, and so I dunno, I'll just let it go. If it winds up like SamFlam I can always come back.

The thing about Sam Flam is that, at least in my mind, the writers just gave up trying to come up with coherency and since the show is so ugly they wanted to be remembered for something.

While SD has the animation and no consistency due to all the freedom given to each individual episode director to do whatever the fuck they want. And that's my biggest disappointment. I wanted a silly Cowboy Bebop show, not w/e the hell is going on. But I suck it up because there are sugar cubes amidst the turds in the episodes. And I try to eat those sugar cubes. Sure, some of the shit taste wont disappear. But at least I can say 'it was a bit sweet.. it was a bit sweet' :'(

CorvoSol

The thing about Sam Flam is that, at least in my mind, the writers just gave up trying to come up with coherency and since the show is so ugly they wanted to be remembered for something.

While SD has the animation and no consistency due to all the freedom given to each individual episode director to do whatever the fuck they want. And that's my biggest disappointment. I wanted a silly Cowboy Bebop show, not w/e the hell is going on. But I suck it up because there are sugar cubes amidst the turds in the episodes. And I try to eat those sugar cubes. Sure, some of the shit taste wont disappear. But at least I can say 'it was a bit sweet.. it was a bit sweet' :'(

The SamFlam comparison is mostly "Will Kirby tell me down the road I need to revisit this show?"

You're saying an awful lot just for saying you eat shit, but you're a brave soul for admitting such a thing to the public.

The SamFlam comparison is mostly "Will Kirby tell me down the road I need to revisit this show?"

If it makes you feel better, I never told anyone to rewatch a show,

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Recently My Sister Is Unusual - 09

Fairly boring episode, and kinda silly how
childhood friend is expecting the two leads to end up together as if it was supposed to happen.
What the hell.

Soma

Welp, SMT Nocturne is beaten. It's been almost a month since I've watched any anime other than KLK so it's time to start catching up on shows.

Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda 2-8

Alright this show is getting better and better. I'm only slightly less confused and lost regarding the overall plot than I was since the first episode (especially when new plot elements are introduced each episode) but I'm really enjoying the crazy ride so far. Also people are really terrible at concealing their identities but thankfully everyone in town is incredibly clueless. "Gee your voice sure sounds the same as this one person from that one organization. You also have the exact same height and hair style. How about that!"

This show is good though. The characters are a lively bunch making them really entertaining to watch. The action scene in the latest episode was very really welcome surprise as well.

Also, Renge has the cutest eyebrows in the show:

QVXzyk9.jpg

Witch Craft Works 08

d5m3u2Zl.jpg

I thought the flashback was pretty well done. That and the fight was pretty fun.

I think one of the things I rather like is all the small things that happens in the background which makes it interesting to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom