• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sgt. Keroro - Episode 263

The other episode I found and in my opinion the best of the two.

First half was great for Keroro doing arduous things to get his dream. The curry tasting bit with Kululu was the best trial, honestly who else straps a person to a table just to make them taste some curry!? Also what is with Keroro getting non-existant Gunpla sets? Not sure how many people would want a PG Bolinoak Sammahn but it should exist dammit!

Second half was a cute one with Natsumi getting a sentient trash bag for a pet. Even got pretty emotional when
the trash bag ran away from home and everyone went out looking for it. Shame they never found it in the end.

"amazing loli" ._.
At least he didn't put the adjective 'delicious' in front of it. Or combine the too into a dangerous 'government knocking on your door' word. Also now I can't help but think of KyoAni as a bunch of sweaty old fat dudes with a loli fetish, seeing those drawings and all.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
At least he didn't put the adjective 'delicious' in front of it. Or combine the too into a dangerous 'government knocking on your door' word. Also now I can't help but think of KyoAni as a bunch of sweaty old fat dudes with a loli fetish, seeing those drawings and all.

would you go so far as to say it's adorably rapey?

e_i

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren 9

Episode of DELICIOUS SWIMSUITS EVERYWHERE! Most delicious of all being Dekomori's. This episode also featured the return of a character I'm sure plenty of people will be pleased to see. Personally I couldn't care less, but I welcome her anyway since she brought with her an amazing loli. How thoughtful.

This episode also contained interesting developments on the Rikka and Satone side of things, but I think we can all agree on what the real best moments of the episode are…

Holy shit. I don't need goggles anymore for those two.

jman2050

This on the other hand, is a better way of selling me on Tutu. Granted that was something i've been planning to watch forever.

Tutu has kind of the same problem as Madoka in that it's hard to properly recommend it without spoiling the hell out of it. Though of course not nearly to the degree of that show.

Jex

Princess Tutu: Series Review

Probably one of the few magical girl shows I'll enjoy. The other being Madoka. The characters all evolved, and while certain character tropes did exist the story did not end how I expected it to, which is to its favor. Fakir became my favorite character, and Rue's character was probably one of the more interesting ones in the story.

Over-all I give this show a quack/10

If you do not enjoy it, I'll have you marry me.

You can see the future?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I didn't really go too in depth. I could, but since you're already planning to watch it do so. Not one character out of the main three/four stays static throughout and all go through many different phases. I mean Ahiru is definitely the one that evolves the least, but the show wasn't so much about her as it was about the other three characters. It ended very neatly which I appreciate.
Character development, you say?

*coughs*

Tutu has kind of the same problem as Madoka in that it's hard to properly recommend it without spoiling the hell out of it. Though of course not nearly to the degree of that show.

It's a problem if you're poor at recommending Madoka, in which it's usually the "watch 3 episodes" snicker snicker snicker, and not going at it in a roundabout fashion like Woofington did with Tutu.

Jex

Well, if you have a propensity for not enjoying magical girl shows, I don't really see any contradiction in what he said!

It's not a contradiction, it just doesn't make any sense as it implies that he knows how he'll feel about shows he's never seen and that haven't even been created!

And really, if you enjoy Princess Tutu and Madoka there are probably plenty of other shows in that genre (and it's a fairly wide genre) to enjoy.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I don't know, I felt that Princess Tutu got really formulaic around the middle,found it difficult to finish.
Tutu is structured into two halves, and the middle of each is formula heavy, but the closing end of both arcs makes it more than worth it.

Character development, you say?

*coughs*

Like I said, Ahiru didn't have much besides the internal struggle here and there. But the other three (Rue, Mytho and Fakir) start out one way, go through a phase in the middle, and end in a different fashion. Fakir is the most obvious character development as it's basically transforming a tsundere, the other two aren't traditional in the sense of shows. They transform in the sense of the fantasy stories/fables.

Well, if you have a propensity for not enjoying magical girl shows, I don't really see any contradiction in what he said!

Admittedly it was awkward phrasing and could've been said better to avoid confusion. To clarify I did finish the show and yes, I have tried and disliked traditional magical girl shows. I do not look forward to being one of the few who is ignoring that Sailor Moon remake. ALL BY MYSEEEEEEEEEELF

Ugh, so little time to watch anime for me >_<

After War Gundam X - 8

They literally invited him out to coffee so they could discuss his murder. "Hi, could you please hop inside your mecha so we can kill you with our mecha? That'd be grand."

Aaaand with that this team is in deep shit once again. I can easily see where this is going to go from here considering recent events.

Theonik

Urusei Yatsura - 72
Tomboy pic for Theonik.
1 space up.

It's like you're trying to get me interested in this by telling things I don't want to hear. It's almost like people trying to tell me to continue CCS in the worst possible manner.

EDIT: Actually, that still isn't as bad as my example because Tutu is much shorter.
Wait, you haven't Tutu'd yet? Get on that thing stat!

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren 9
Out of 10 how lolilicious was it?

You can see the future?
It's his Geass he can't help it.

Like I said, Ahiru didn't have much besides the internal struggle here and there. But the other three (Rue, Mytho and Fakir) start out one way, go through a phase in the middle, and end in a different fashion. Fakir is the most obvious character development as it's basically transforming a tsundere, the other two aren't traditional in the sense of shows. They transform in the sense of the fantasy stories/fables.
Ahiru's motivations changed quite dramatically through the show though.

Oneechan ga Kita 9
hgB.gif

Brocon intensifies
Silly chocolate making episode prior to Valentines

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Woofington smacks of one of those people who disregard a genre based on unfounded preconceptions of that genre rather than shows that actually exist.

I mean, don't try to continue to sneer at magical girl shows while being shocked you enjoyed one. Maybe there's more out there than you realized.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
And I stand by my claim that it can totally be a thing!

I would also apply it to that one infamous scene between Chinatsu and Akari in YuruYuri.
It's bad enough that AotY KKK has to be associated with that phrase but please don't bring YuruYuri into this.

Ahiru's motivations changed quite dramatically through the show though.

Indeed she does. I just didn't feel her character changed much, though I do appreciate how she changed. It was enough to not make her stale. The fact the show ended with
Mytho choosing Rue
was appreciated.

Woofington smacks of one of those people who disregard a genre based on unfounded preconceptions of that genre rather than shows that actually exist.

Not necessarily. I have never been a fan of shows where girls are the majority of the cast with a few exceptions. I also have not been a fan of magical girl shows due to the stuff I've seen and it simply doesn't interest me for the most part. I'm not about to go watch a bunch of magical girl shows if I have no interest in it to begin with. When somebody recommends a show to me that could be classified as something I would hate, I end up liking it if it stands out in a way I enjoy it. Sorry if it's a genre you enjoy, I'm sure it has its appeal.

I acquired my tastes from experience and from the entertainment I found from them. It's not like I'm the only one who is wary about starting a show, western or eastern, in a particular genre. Example: I can't stand hyper british oscar bait movies. That's not a genre. But it should be.

Not necessarily. I have never been a fan of shows where girls are the majority of the cast with a few exceptions. I also have not been a fan of magical girl shows due to the stuff I've seen and it simply doesn't interest me for the most part. I'm not about to go watch a bunch of magical girl shows if I have no interest in it to begin with. When somebody recommends a show to me that could be classified as something I would hate, I end up liking it if it stands out in a way I enjoy it. Sorry if it's a genre you enjoy, I'm sure it has its appeal.

Just to be clear, what exactly are you looking for

cnet128

Banned
Out of 10 how lolilicious was it?

Can't answer this question, dark forces might emerge from the abyss and try to wipe me from existence again ~.~

It's bad enough that AotY KKK has to be associated with that phrase but please don't bring YuruYuri into this.

You know it makes sense though.

Delicious......just think about the that word, its meaning and the context you used it in.

I'm a little confused by which controversial expression you're talking about here, since your post says "delicious" but you quoted a post about the "adorably rapey" thing. Either way, I think you're taking it far too literally, since I am obviously not trying to claim that actual rape is adorable or express a desire to consume lolis ~.~

Theonik

I mean, don't try to continue to sneer at magical girl shows while being shocked you enjoyed one. Maybe there's more out there than you realized.
He does the same with monster girls and shows with several girls in general like SoRaNoWoTo. It's why he's moved to where he in on my list.

Not necessarily. I have never been a fan of shows where girls are the majority of the cast with a few exceptions.
MOVING.FURTHER.LISTS

Looking for love in all the wrong places.
Sounds like tutu

Indeed she does. I just didn't feel her character changed much, though I do appreciate how she changed. It was enough to not make her stale. The fact the show ended with
Mytho choosing Rue
was appreciated.
Isn't that like saying "she didn't change except for the ways she changed" seeing as character motives are a large part of what makes a character a character?

Can't answer this question, dark forces might emerge from the abyss and try to wipe me from existence again ~.~

You know it makes sense though.

I'm a little confused by which controversial expression you're talking about here, since your post says "delicious" but you quoted a post about the "adorably rapey" thing. Either way, I think you're taking it far too literally, since I am obviously not trying to claim that actual rape is adorable or express a desire to consume lolis ~.~

Oh maybe its a misunderstanding. I thought the above users where implying you used the phrase "delicious loli"

I see, I see. That makes sense. Thanks.

Urusei Yatsura - 73
lINtlEh.jpg

As expected of director Ataru.

The black silhouette were pretty nice.
Episode about the relationship of Sakura and Cherry,
I knew it was Cherry's fault what happened to Sakura but I wanted to believe otherwise. ;___;
There's a certain level expect of you,
even if you fail, you're not expected to cause a small scale war failing at cooking.
And Ataru's parents to trying to restore a normal family situation.

Urusei Yatsura - 74

Lum is curious about what Ghosty Stories are. Nice to see a cameo of the slumber classroom and the red mantle.

Urusei Yatsura - 75

Whoa, this one was lot scarier than 74,
give my Lum back, give my Lum back, Ataru has nerves of steel.

Urusei Yatsura - 76

Wait, wait, Jariten has a mother,
and she just happen to be a firefighter and hates pyromaniacs.
lol

Urusei Yatsura - 77

Wat, wat , wat????????

Urusei Yatsura - 78

DUqx3u3.jpg
I2leqKU.jpg

ZMK9J1N.jpg
lupD7xH.jpg

The new opening is pretty nice.

Nice a episode about Ataru's mother...Wat, wat, wat???????
E2AuIBo.jpg
W3jQGzV.jpg

mind = blown

I need to lay down.

Just to be clear, what exactly are you looking for

To give examples of stuff I've liked that involved largely women (if memory serves me right) as the main cast:
- Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
- School Rumble
- And Yet the Town Moves
- Nichijou
- Madoka
- Now include Princess Tutu

To name a few. I mean I'm sure I've watched more. The majority of these I enjoyed largely due to the comedy hitting the right spots. If not that then cheese romance. Madoka and Princess Tutu I enjoyed for different reasons (one for being dark, the other for being fantasy tale themed).

He does the same with monster girls and shows with several girls in general like SoRaNoWoTo. It's why he's moved to where he in on my list.

Isn't that like saying "she didn't change except for the ways she changed" seeing as character motives are a large part of what makes a character a character?

Hmm. True. Maybe I was comparing her a bit too much to the other guys who I saw as having more drastic changes, which were pretty apparent even in their personalities.

And I know I don't see eye to eye with some regulars here when it comes to shows like these. But if we all liked the same thing (anime in general not withstanding) it'd be pretty boring and debates would be short.

So how bout them giant robots, guys? Pretty cool, huh?
I'm not very knowledgeable on mecha shows but the ones I've seen, especially political ones, I've enjoyed. Which of the Gundam shows is the most political in its representation of war? Or is that just a standard? I mean SEED had a war and politics, but it also focused on Jesus Yamato.

cajunator

Banned
Princess Tutu: Series Review

Probably one of the few magical girl shows I'll enjoy. The other being Madoka. The characters all evolved, and while certain character tropes did exist the story did not end how I expected it to, which is to its favor. Fakir became my favorite character, and Rue's character was probably one of the more interesting ones in the story.

Over-all I give this show a quack/10

If you do not enjoy it, I'll have you marry me.

Glad you enjoyed this. Its pretty heartfelt and beautiful as well as adorable.

Maybe thats what KyoAni are!

It's not a contradiction, it just doesn't make any sense as it implies that he knows how he'll feel about shows he's never seen and that haven't even been created!

And really, if you enjoy Princess Tutu and Madoka there are probably plenty of other shows in that genre (and it's a fairly wide genre) to enjoy.

I never hear much about stuff like Pretear. Thats another good one.

SOS: this thread.

Meh. Ive been on it twice. whats once more?

To give examples of stuff I've liked that involved largely women (if memory serves me right) as the main cast:
- Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
- School Rumble
- And Yet the Town Moves
- Nichijou
- Madoka
- Now include Princess Tutu

To name a few. I mean I'm sure I've watched more. The majority of these I enjoyed largely due to the comedy hitting the right spots. If not that then cheese romance. Madoka and Princess Tutu I enjoyed for different reasons (one for being dark, the other for being fantasy tale themed).

Considering I watched like only two of those, not to mention how much they clash, that really tells me nothing. I meant more specific elements of what you're looking for in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom