• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

[Xabungle]

trollmino16juz3.jpg

trollmino29oud1.jpg
trollmino3x7usq.jpg

trollmino4cku82.jpg
trollmino5kqu14.jpg

#dead

Considering I watched like only two of those, not to mention how much they clash, that really tells me nothing. I meant more specific elements of what you're looking for in general.

If that's the case then it's hard to say as I enjoy shows for different reasons. Which probably means I could enjoy shows in genres I tend to stray away from if I knew about stand-out titles, but I don't actively go looking for shows there due to what I've seen before. I heard recommendations for Utena so that'll be my next visit to the 'magical girl' genre. As to a girl cast show, I can't think of many more I'd like to watch unless I completely missed one with great comedy. that doesn't revolve around 'we're so cute'. I should probably specify that by 'all girls cast' I tend to mean slice of life or school based shows.

If it's things I dislike, I guess from the top of my head it's cutesy friendship and the more moe-fied shows I've seen. I don't know what can be recommended to me in these genres and really don't know how to describe my preferences I guess.

I'm going around in circles lol

edit: either ways next I'm going with that Brain Powerd show to see if it's so bad it's good as I want it to be.

Narag

"Someone with a lot of opinions and fuckall experience" sounds like one of the old school gaf tags one would get for mouthing off.

cnet128

Banned
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha 8

Oh hey, Touka was actually pretty all right in this episode. Largely due to making an effort to be like Inari, lol.

Inari is still clearly best, though. Facing up to those gods like an absolute boss. And it turns out Uka's dad is a pretty damn cool dude, too! (That hair, though... o_O)

goddammit Amaterasu what are you doing let her out of that cave D:

Witchcraft works - 09

So they are really going this route ... is witchcraft works really 12 or 13 eps ? it's going to need a little bit more eps to cover this arc stupid fights( stupid in a good way ) than 3 eps..

Anyway That was the most "spartan training" i've seen in a while.

CorvoSol

They're no cute girls.

I think you've just seen the wrong giant robots.

You need to have hope , hope that the errors of gundam age aren't made again.

Hope is the best.

Build Fighters is the flame of hope in an otherwise dark era.

I'm not very knowledgeable on mecha shows but the ones I've seen, especially political ones, I've enjoyed. Which of the Gundam shows is the most political in its representation of war? Or is that just a standard? I mean SEED had a war and politics, but it also focused on Jesus Yamato.

I'll have you know that the story of Jesus is pretty heavily entrenched in the religio-politics of Judea of that time.

Erm, anyway, every Gundam except G and Build Fighters has centered on some manner of political drama in the background at the least. That's basically Gundam's thing. Universal Century kind of hinges increasingly upon your understanding of it to make sense of it. Like, Unicorn's plot can be a little iffy if you care about the politics but haven't ever watched anything prior to it. Char's Counter Attack is awful even if you have been paying attention to UC up to that point. UC politics don't matter from F91 onward because F91 onward throws 'em out and starts them over, basically. Turn A is kinda like Build Fighters in the sense that a lot of it is built on references, though not anywhere near to the same degree.

Wing, SEED, 00 and AGE all spend their time taking riffs from UC and going in their own directions with them. If there is a method of telling you that Wing and SEED's politics are hilariously better than 00's and AGE's without implying that they're all that stellar, that's the point I'll make.

Redundant. Char is already a female.

The way Tomino writes him he's certainly as useful as some of Tomino's female characters.

Symbionic Titan 11

Hah, can't believe it took me this long to get the 3G joke as a reference to GGG. This show isn't quite on Megas' level of homages to mecha anime, but it has its fair share. Freakin' Lance pounding goons' faces into the dirt today, tho.

Jex

After watching *checks* 15 episodes of Xabungle I really wish Tomino would go full slapstick, full kids show, full nonsense in more shows. Far too many of his works end up getting weighed by terrible characters and awful plotting, pointless politics and plenty of grim theme but the rawest Tomino just wants to make crazy stuff happen and this really doesn't mix with the serious storylines most Gundam shows have.

CorvoSol

After watching *checks* 15 episodes of Xabungle I really wish Tomino would go full slapstick, full kids show, full nonsense in more shows. Far too many of his works end up getting weighed by terrible characters and awful plotting, pointless politics and plenty of grim theme but the rawest Tomino just wants to make crazy stuff happen and this really doesn't mix with the serious storylines most Gundam shows have.

I actually feel UC Gundam was at its best when Tomino cut loose and did crazy things. Like the imagery that accompanied Lalah Soone during Amuro's final meltdown was really awesome, and I think that the goofy, kids dicking around nature of ZZ is why I think it's infinitely better than Zeta, which got way too "serious" for its own good.

I'm two minutes into Mad Bull 34 and already I've been given tits, Got'dang America, Really complicated Japanese names, gruesome violence, and 'You'll be goin' to da slamma' !"

I th- I think I need a moment

tLwKG8w.gif

edit: oh god the accents are killing me. AOTY. It's like somebody made a whole show with Joey from Yu Gi Oh. "dis brooklyn accent makes it really hard to concentrate on children's card games"

cajunator

Banned
I'm two minutes into Mad Bull 34 and already I've been given tits, Got'dang America, Really complicated Japanese names, gruesome violence, and 'You'll be goin' to da slamma' !"

tLwKG8w.gif

edit: oh god the accents are killing me. AOTY.

Its special. theres this one scene and...yeah. Youll know when you see it.

If that's the case then it's hard to say as I enjoy shows for different reasons. Which probably means I could enjoy shows in genres I tend to stray away from if I knew about stand-out titles, but I don't actively go looking for shows there due to what I've seen before. I heard recommendations for Utena so that'll be my next visit to the 'magical girl' genre. As to a girl cast show, I can't think of many more I'd like to watch unless I completely missed one with great comedy. that doesn't revolve around 'we're so cute'. I should probably specify that by 'all girls cast' I tend to mean slice of life or school based shows.

If it's things I dislike, I guess from the top of my head it's cutesy friendship and the more moe-fied shows I've seen. I don't know what can be recommended to me in these genres and really don't know how to describe my preferences I guess.

I'm going around in circles lol

edit: either ways next I'm going with that Brain Powerd show to see if it's so bad it's good as I want it to be.

Ojamajo Doremi?

cnet128

Banned
sZwofIN.png

I bit my tongue

It's scary how much Kyubey actually resembles Mayoi in that shot o_O I can totally see it...

Heartcatch Precure! 29

Episode of YowaPeda! Well, okay, maybe not quite. The YowaPeda boys would laugh in the face of a mere 500 km journey. But still.

Tsubomi's medal was super cute. Best reward. (And the dress was okay too I guess =p)

Inari , konkon , koi iroha - 08

Those arranged mariages trully are the worst ... but inari had a magnificent moment there ...
Good job inari.

It seems that we're going DRAMA for the last 2 episodes however.

CorvoSol

tLwKG8w.gif

edit: oh god the accents are killing me. AOTY. It's like somebody made a whole show with Joey from Yu Gi Oh. "dis brooklyn accent makes it really hard to concentrate on children's card games"

My favorite part is Sleepy saying Daizaboro's name like it's completely normal and he doesn't need a nickname for New Yorkers to get. "This is DIE ZA BORO EDDY BAN."

Maken-ki! Two - 08

This episode was some incredible stupid sh*t
Maken-ki%21%20Two%20-%2008.jpg

magnificent
But everything was worth it for the hitler rant parody.

Ps: Women roman wrestling has NEVER been so masterfully animated in anime.

Mad Bull 34 - Episode 4

It had been a year since I watched Episode 3 and now I've finished it.

This episode was hilarious and had me in stitches in the first half with all the mad combat suit slashing and Sleepy shouting at it and then...WHAT
was with that ending? It was all so sudden and it came completely out of nowhere

Although we did manage to get one amazing quote this episode.

"Jesus this is how we lost in 'Nam"

Beautiful.

jbug617

Banned
Maken-Ki Two 8

So that what happens when you have a
pervert run the school.

Onee-chan Ga Kita 9

The Valentine battle begins.
Chocolate and Udon sounds like a very bad combo.

Pani Poni Dash! 05

Uh-huh.

Camping trips are fun. Get to see all kinds of wonderful things. Like a beaver, a huge salamander and kappas? And missiles?! Right... At least the food is good, even if you're not sure if you're eating friends or not.

CorvoSol

Mad Bull 34 - Episode 4

It had been a year since I watched Episode 3 and now I've finished it.

This episode was hilarious and had me in stitches in the first half with all the mad combat suit slashing and Sleepy shouting at it and then...WHAT
was with that ending? It was all so sudden and it came completely out of nowhere

Although we did manage to get one amazing quote this episode.

"Jesus this is how we lost in 'Nam"

Beautiful.

I cried when I heard that line.

Mad Bull 34 Episode 1

This show. Words can't describe it how much I loved it. Therefore here are images to convey the events:
F0qyW4i.jpg

Whenever I decide that children's cahd games are too much, I'm goin' to da New York police fauh's!

N2n34Sn.jpg

DwlTAER.gif

73FuOet.gif

ovawXyO.jpg

I'm literally in tears. Such beauty. Such poetry. Such New YOOOOOOHK. Why can't I have a buddy cop show with ultra violence, tits, and brooklyn accent bromance?

CorvoSol

The Melody of Oblivion 6

It's hard to put into words exactly why this show sucks. For starters character designs are atrocious. Added to that the plot is dull as fuck. Then there's the fact that the voice actors don't give a fuck, which makes sense, since the script is awful.

Frankly so far this whole thing has been a horribly animated excuse to draw lots of tits.

cnet128

Banned
Heartcatch Precure! 30

This episode had a lot in common with the bestest episode of Max Heart. Truly Potpourri is the new Porun. I approve greatly.

ifos3HOUNGxgi.png

adorable max

Also because this seemed eminently gif-able…

GP0p6RJ.gif

Jintor

"it's called hentai, and it's art"

protip: don't try and search for image macros of that scene from the office or especially of that scene from Supernatural. *shudders*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom