• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

Clannad After Story 14

Oh, that happened quickly.
I found it kind of funny that they came out and talked about sex and pregnancy even though Tomoya and Nagisa haven't even kissed on-screen. I'm glad they did though, it makes the show feel more "real" than a lot of anime.

And, as usual,
MC
Akio is the best.

Midonin

Chu2Koi Ren 09

I can't say I've ever been too fond of love triangles, but that moment at the end was just heartbreaking. Satone, not knowing that this weird balance between love and delusion was somehow possible in this world. I was a fan of hers for her magical devil girl persona before this, but now... ow. The rest of the episode was entertaining. Everything I'd expect. Kumin's terrible puns, Rikka turning into a Gundam, and the glorious return of the Priestess. These last three episodes are going to be intense.

Clannad After Story 14

Oh, that happened quickly.
I found it kind of funny that they came out and talked about sex and pregnancy even though Tomoya and Nagisa haven't even kissed on-screen. I'm glad they did though, it makes the show feel more "real" than a lot of anime.

And, as usual,
MC
Akio is the best.

Two episodes in one night. That's unheard of. :p

Glad you're moving through it. Nagisa is best just by the Akio extension itself. We wouldn't see Akio much, if at all, if it wasn't for
Tomoya choosing Nagisa
. I think the whole
not kissing on screen
adds a purity or innocence to their love. Now I await to see how you react in the next 2-4 episodes with glee.

Hozuki no Reitetsu 09

Another interesting episode.

Rather liked it when they started talking about evil women of China and the whole drinking part was interesting as well.

Branduil

Mouryou no Hako 12

ibqRA2pS9pYiua.gif

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
*pauses* hold up, they just started making out and asked mizuki to join, suffice to say I like where this is going.

Gazoinks

I think the whole
not kissing on screen
adds a purity or innocence to their love.

This is actually kind of my issue with it. It feels like they never really left the "puppy love high school romance" phase until
they suddenly decided to get married.
It's not a huge issue with my overall enjoyment of the show, but it just makes me not feel their relationship's development as much as I wish I did.

Jarmel

Banned
Gundam Build 21-

So this is when the show jumped the shark.

Oh fucking god, Newtypes ruin everything. Everything.

Worst fight of the series, easily. Oh god.

foxuzamaki

samflam 16
dat :SDburton in the 1st half, maybe mari wont be a super bitch anymore
2nd half ,I really liked how they connected a part that happened earlier with this one.

Dresden

Gundam Build 21-

So this is when the show jumped the shark.

Oh fucking god, Newtypes ruin everything. Everything.

Worst fight of the series, easily. Oh god.

Boring fight, but the way the drama is resolved is more than enough to make the episode worth it.

cajunator

Banned
Kill La Kill 21

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

foxuzamaki

Kill La Kill 21

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

haha

Jintor

Log Horizon 22

log-horizon-akatsuki.gif

Oh, I guess even LH has to save up and use a quota of anime bullshit. Zzzzz. Relaxing episode, but nothing unique apart from some minor characterwork (Akatsuski appearing from beneath the desk was hilarious) and some generic romance angst.

I really wish they'd made Akatsuki's appearance less childlike. It's hard to imagine that she's somewhere around Shiroe's age. I think she's a late college student or something?

foxuzamaki

Log Horizon 22

log-horizon-akatsuki.gif

Oh, I guess even LH has to save up and use a quota of anime bullshit. Zzzzz. Relaxing episode, but nothing unique apart from some minor characterwork (Akatsuski appearing from beneath the desk was hilarious) and some generic romance angst.

I really wish they'd made Akatsuki's appearance less childlike. It's hard to imagine that she's somewhere around Shiroe's age. I think she's a late college student or something?

Not that hard really, I know several people from highschool who were like 4 foot something and always looked very childlike. Not only that, japan is known for having people who look much younger than they actually are and they're aware of this fact.

Thursday Night Mecha pt 1

Force Five: Starvengers aka Getter Robo G 1

Look at those VOICE ACTORS! WOOOW!
this fucking dub! It's a gold mine
YOU DID THE SAME ROBOT THREE TIMES! LEARN SHIT DAMMIT

*sees the black block censor at the beginning* /dead

Xabungle 1

Hey look at that cactus, I'm rather attached to i-- *gets shot twice*

RpRJfjM.jpg

*blows the fuck out the cactus* YOU MONSTERS!

*Sees female bend over* Friend: That is one sexy pose. *gets violated by the Walker* /DEAD.

THESE ARE OUR PROTAGONISTS! HONOR!? Hahahahahaha. Great start!

Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team 2

*friend keeps asking Gundam questions since he knows more than me* All this awkardness.

I think what surprised me the most was surprise tits action, like WOW! Also the Commander can't shoot for shit. Meanwhile with Aina...

Full Metal Panic 1

Sousuke has this attitude... where he just flat out doesn't give a shit about things happening. *Sees nerdy dude get excited by him* Sousuke x Nerdy Guy OTP

Martian Successor Nadesico 1

Main guy: Pls, get me out of this show pls.
That chick is like... all over him man. Jeez. I'm not sure what to expect from this show, but it didn't seem TOO bad. Was fairly enjoyable

Vandread 1

*sees CG* kill me please. WHY!? AFTER ALL THE 2D MECHA GOODNESS YOU DO THIS! DAMN YOU GONZO

"Women are evil" And everyone just died laughing. Seems like it was predicting tumblr or something.
Apparently both sides are wrong, but hey

CG was awful, the premise apparently saved it because it was rather outlandish. Main guy is a shit though.

Jintor

Not that hard really, I know several people from highschool who were like 4 foot something and always looked very childlike. Not only that, japan is known for having people who look much younger than they actually are and they're aware of this fact.

I am well aware of the eternal asian lady effect, but the visual language of the show basically continually reinforces that she looks even younger than Minori does sometimes purely for the sake of kawaii. It really bothers me, especially when they're trying to highlight her as one of the 'adults' of Log Horizon (or at least at the former level cap tier). Especially in this episode where they're kind of being like 'lol look she's competing with a middle schooler!' but she looks like she's just barely out of middle school herself.

I'm not saying it's unbelievable or anything, I just don't think it fits particularly well when they're trying to not be as comedically focused

Branduil

Non Non Biyori 12

There's something deeply meta about the first segment where Hotaru is forcing herself to eat Komori's burnt garbage in hopes of later rewards. This is me during the entire thing.

Thankfully things improved dramatically after that. The gulf between Renge and Hotaru has to be one of the widest good-to-bad character ratios in any show. Hotaru will never have this funk.

Final review, Non Non Biyori is a good show held back from greatness by a dreadful portion of anime incarnated as a certain character. Fortunately, the show is segmented into shorter chapters, and the worst parts can be avoided by informed viewers. I will be publishing my viewing guide shortly.

cajunator

Banned
Impressions of this episode tend to be very short.

Yeah but it kind of leaves you speechless for a bit.

Thursday Night Mecha pt 1

Force Five: Starvengers aka Getter Robo G 1

Look at those VOICE ACTORS! WOOOW!
this fucking dub! It's a gold mine
YOU DID THE SAME ROBOT THREE TIMES! LEARN SHIT DAMMIT

*sees the black block censor at the beginning* /dead

Xabungle 1

Hey look at that cactus, I'm rather attached to i-- *gets shot twice*

RpRJfjM.jpg

*blows the fuck out the cactus* YOU MONSTERS!

*Sees female bend over* Friend: That is one sexy pose. *gets violated by the Walker* /DEAD.

THESE ARE OUR PROTAGONISTS! HONOR!? Hahahahahaha. Great start!

Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team 2

*friend keeps asking Gundam questions since he knows more than me* All this awkardness.

I think what surprised me the most was surprise tits action, like WOW! Also the Commander can't shoot for shit. Meanwhile with Aina...

Full Metal Panic 1

Sousuke has this attitude... where he just flat out doesn't give a shit about things happening. *Sees nerdy dude get excited by him* Sousuke x Nerdy Guy OTP

Martian Successor Nadesico 1

Main guy: Pls, get me out of this show pls.
That chick is like... all over him man. Jeez. I'm not sure what to expect from this show, but it didn't seem TOO bad. Was fairly enjoyable

Vandread 1

*sees CG* kill me please. WHY!? AFTER ALL THE 2D MECHA GOODNESS YOU DO THIS! DAMN YOU GONZO

"Women are evil" And everyone just died laughing. Seems like it was predicting tumblr or something.
Apparently both sides are wrong, but hey

CG was awful, the premise apparently saved it because it was rather outlandish. Main guy is a shit though.

Hmm. youre missing Outlaw Star in here!
Also you reminded me that I have the FMP disc in my Ps4 and should hit play.
Which I will do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom