• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I watch KLK because it's sufficiently entertaining, despite it's flaws, and judging from how many people tune in every week to complain it seems I'm not alone

Jarmel

Banned
You know what would have improved JoJo's Bizarre Adventure? A scene where Jonathan Joestar gets brainwashed and makes out with Dio. It's too bad Araki-san never learned about this advanced writing technique for deep character development.

At this point I'm wondering how much of this is Nakashima and how much of this is Imaishi.

They're both royally fucking up so I guess it doesn't matter that much.

Gazoinks

Oh my goodness keep going dude!!! It is ridiculous how excited I am to see you get this far. Just a bit more man!!!

I will watch at least one more tonight depending on my schedule! I want to see if I can finish up Phantom Blood as well.

Speaking of which, I think the mood whiplash when switching from Clannad to Jojo has broken my neck.

I will watch at least one more tonight depending on my schedule! I want to see if I can finish up Phantom Blood as well.

Speaking of which, I think the mood whiplash when switching from Clannad to Jojo has broken my neck.

I think you should choose one and finish it up before moving to the other. (CoughClannadCough) Otherwise you may need to consult a doctor soon. ;P

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Silver Spoon S2 Episode 8
Continues to be amazing, nothing out of the ordinary there. Komaba is such a great guy that its sad that this had to happen,
does this mean his role in the story greatly diminishes?

Hattori

Banned
omakegifanime-nonnonb50uxz.gif

I watch KLK because it's sufficiently entertaining, despite it's flaws, and judging from how many people tune in every week to complain it seems I'm not alone

I actually wasn't expecting the massive backlash after I watched the episode until I went on Gaf (well, I kind of did for the first few minutes). I liked this episode more than 20, which was pretty well-liked.

Link Man

Banned
Dusk Maiden 8

They actually said it? Huh, I guess romance actually works outside of comedies.

Wait, wasn't this a comedy at one point?

Whatever, I'm really enjoying the story. And the music, my god. The OP and ED are outstanding.

Dusk Maiden 8

They actually said it? Huh, I guess romance actually works outside of comedies.

Wait, wasn't this a comedy at one point?

Whatever, I'm really enjoying the story. And the music, my god. The OP and ED are outstanding.

yeah I was surprised how fast and strong the romance worked in this anime.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I actually wasn't expecting the massive backlash after I watched the episode until I went on Gaf (well, I kind of did for the first few minutes). I liked this episode more than 20, which was pretty well-liked.

I didnt know there was backlash cause most comments were black barred and only thing I picked up was the intro was something crazy, I was actually hyped that something super huge happened, and then nothing, and so people just freak out over nothing(to me)

Gazoinks

JoJo 7

When Zeppeli says he gave his power to Jonathan, he of course meant his fabulousness. Because in Jojo's the true winner is the one with the best pose.

Sort of disappointed they didn't translate Straizo as Straits. It's sillier that way.

Dio such a dick.

Kyou should have won in Clannad and not Nagisa.

Truth

God damn House of Cards episode 1 is great. Forget Gravity, this is the savior of anime.

And agreed with Clannad AS' ending. Could've been so much better if they had kept the train running.

Dresden

Judging from what I saw in the OVA, Kyou's route is mostly just angsting about her dumb twin sister and then she gives herself a huge downgrade (by
cutting her own hair
). Stay losing, girl.

Tomoyo best.

Gazoinks

Judging from what I saw in the OVA, Kyou's route is mostly just angsting about her dumb twin sister and then Kyou gives herself a huge downgrade (by
cutting her own hair
). Stay losing.

Tomoyo best.

Yeah. Kyou's OVA was kind of disappointing on that front. Still theoretically best though!

Judging from what I saw in the OVA, Kyou's route is mostly just angsting about her dumb twin sister and then she gives herself a huge downgrade (by
cutting her own hair
). Stay losing, girl.

Tomoyo best.

Ru6abod.gif

She's called Tomoyo, because when I saw how great her character was, I wanted mo' yo!

jman2050

cutting her own hair
). Stay losing, girl.

Yeah that pretty much covers it.
90% of the route is Tomoya and Ryou struggling to do anything of interest because Ryou is terrible and their chemistry is literally nonexistent, and the OVA didn't even cover most of the inane bullshit you had to sit through while they were dating. You can even end up choosing Ryou partway through if you make the right choices, and the game (rightfully) considers it a bad ending!

Meanwhile Kyou gets the rain scene, the bench scene, and the confession and that's about it. Also Kyou's
haircut
looks stupid.

Has there ever been a bigger gulf from best to worst between sisters in anime than Kyou and Ryou? (I know some of you just thought "Satsuki and Ryuko" so I'm preempting that.)

EDIT - Tomoyo is an acceptable substitute. Kotomi is whatever and (After Story spoilers)
Fuuko should have stayed comatose

Gazoinks

Wait you watched Kyou's OVA before finishing After Story? Just weird because Tomoyo OVA is on the Clannad disk while Kyou OVA was on the After Story disk.

I'm watching it on Hulu, so I figured I'd watch the Tomoyo and Kyou ones after I finished Clannad since it's all up there.

I think we can all agree that Nagisa was the worst choice, at least.

She was only better than two choices. The droopy ass lazy looking girl, and the birthday hat loli. First because she had no personality, and second because lolis should never be love interest. EVER.
Toradora doesnt count

I'm watching it on Hulu, so I figured I'd watch the Tomoyo and Kyou ones after I finished Clannad since it's all up there.

It's better this way IMHO. Get those out of the way, then move on with the main path.

Nagisa gave us the greatest gift of all

This person knows what's up. ;)

But it's because of her actions and
other things
that literally every moment in the second half of After Story had emotional punch. Tomoya
going to see his grandmother, reconciling with his father, Ushio, etc... all had to do with Nagisa in some way or another. Had Tomoya not chosen Nagisa none of that would've happened.

Let's be real now.

Plus Nagisa is so much better, more assertive and cute in After Story.

Oh I see. There's really no wrong way to watch Clannad unless you start with After Story or watch them out of order. I watched the two OVA's last. But that was just me.

Link Man

Banned
Shiki 11

Why has it taken this long for the show to get better? I'm glad I took everyone's advice and gave it a couple of episodes rather than dropping it.

cajunator

Banned
Trigger didn't save anime.

Space Dandy didn't save anime.

Terms like 'lollicious' exist.

THAT'S IT. I'M DONE
NnZ66jS.gif

Time to watch House of Cards. Let my mind be purified.

But theres so much more to the anime world, like Tsuritama and older stuff like Haibane Renmei, which is perfect.

Paprika
Well this certainly has vivid imagery and the story was pretty damn crazy. I am creeped out by that one doll that kept on appearing.
All the interconnecting dreams were pretty cool and interesting especially the cop's dreams with all the movies. Paprika and Dr. Chiba's relationship was pretty interesting. i do not like that she is marrying that fat guy. Seems really out of nowhere and kind of forced. And the bad guy was crazy

Not Kon's best but certainly one of the most enjoyable movies of his. Very colorful and engaging but that ending is just...wHAT.

If GBF or SamFlam don't take AOTY I'll be a sad person.

ANYWAY.

I'm 3/4 of the way through the 3rd Madoka movie. I have half an hour left. I feel like this is like if someone had said "You know, The Epic of Gilgamesh had a GREAT ending. Why don't I just fuck it up and ruin it while covering it in great special effects and raping whatever message the story had to begin with?"

Like for reals, fuck the person who decided that this movie was a good idea.

If that isn't the last episode of SamFlam I don't know what is.

I cant wait to overpay for the privelege to watch this dreck. I will probably like it too because Im fucked up.

Theonik

Trigger didn't save anime.

Space Dandy didn't save anime.

Terms like 'lollicious' exist.

THAT'S IT. I'M DONE
NnZ66jS.gif

Time to watch House of Cards. Let my mind be purified.
Just open up to the True Dick. It is the approved way.

Only Jojo can save us from KLK stealing aoty '14.
Are we starting this already?

Eventual AOTY 2014, unless Humi keeps withholding information!
YES. If not RGZ AOTY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom