• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Ambiguous>>>>>>>>>>>>My Body is Dry

Fuck, this is the best song to come out of this show.

Dat false climax

Dat guitar solo

Dat snare bit

I don't think the potion's appearance change was random, she chose her current appearance. Also, considering how she had balance problems in the taller body, but immediately adapted to her current one, it's likely that she has similar proportions in reality.

You are actually right i re-read it after your post to be sure but the only thing player can't change is their face. Akatsuki potion made her go back to her normal specs , meaning that her current body is close to what she is IRL
Quote from the book 1 :
Log horizonbook 1 said:
'Appearance Reset Potion'.

This was a limited item that was distributed during one of the events in Elder Tales. Shiroe remembered it was a promotional event to attract more players to Elder Tales, and this was the reward item for participating.
[...]
The characters that represented the player in the game were set at the beginning of the game.

8 races, 12 classes, name, gender, as well as height, body shape, hair style, hair and eye color could all be adjusted. Body shapes were customized using about a dozen figures like chest circumference, leg length, waist, shoulder width. Since your appearance and body shape didn't affect battle abilities, lots of players opted to use their actual appearance in the game.

'Appearance Reset Potion' allowed you to change the appearance of your character that was set just like its name suggested. As previously explained, appearance didn't affect fighting strength so this was just an item to use for fun.

For some reason i had the mindset that she didn't want this body but that is probably because of another scene later where she complain that she didn't want "this" body. It was probably referencing to the fact that she is conscious of her height ( IRL & IN-game ) instead.

My bad.
The rest of my previous post ( about nyanta ) is correct

Jex

Xabungle 1

Hey look at that cactus, I'm rather attached to i-- *gets shot twice*

RpRJfjM.jpg

*blows the fuck out the cactus* YOU MONSTERS!

*Sees female bend over* Friend: That is one sexy pose. *gets violated by the Walker* /DEAD.

THESE ARE OUR PROTAGONISTS! HONOR!? Hahahahahaha. Great start!
Let it be noted that if there's one thing our protagonist does well it's get into his robot like a total boss:

ourheroivklx.gif

Fuck ladders.

Samurai Flamenco - 2

Umbrellas yo. Serious business.

In all honesty though, I kind of like Masayoshi's character so far. The guy just wants to do what's right, but is making a huge fool of himself in the process. He's like a young Steve Rogers in a time without a world war for him to fight.

Defuser

I saw something on Twitter about....an Imocho movie? Tell me thats not true :(

Unfortunately it's true and looking at some screencaps at yaroan article a few minutes ago, it's like a full blown softcore AV with breast groping,masturbating and girls kissing.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Samurai Flamenco - 2

Umbrellas yo. Serious business.

In all honesty though, I kind of like Masayoshi's character so far. The guy just wants to do what's right, but is making a huge fool of himself in the process. He's like a young Steve Rogers in a time without a world war for him to fight.

The characterization is really good in Samumenco

Considering the CGI Submarine, it's that much more impressive that Gonzo drew the mechs.

Anyway finished Madoka 3 last night. Someone please don't let them make more movies.

I'm pretty impressed how you can watch the movie without disc release or international screenings.

Can't say I'm surprised, seeing how popular it is. As with any visual novel adaptation, I'm curious how the routes will be handled, especially with how people seem to love the bad endings in Nitro+chiral games.

Unless it's a hentai, the bad endings are mostly unadaptable.

Unfortunately it's true and looking at some screencaps at yaroan article a few minutes ago, it's like a full blown softcore AV with breast groping,masturbating and girls kissing.
So it's a faithful adaptation. I wonder how they handle all the bathroom fetish stuff.

Can't say I'm surprised, seeing how popular it is. As with any visual novel adaptation, I'm curious how the routes will be handled, especially with how people seem to love the bad endings in Nitro+chiral games.

If anything, I hope this means that the Aoba figure gets a re-release now cause I love parting ways with my money.

Or this series grows even more popular and Aoba becomes even more expensive....

Makes sense. How often do visual novel adaptations go straight for the true ending or are those usually relegated to OVAs?

The trend with visual novel adaptations recently has been to not adapt any route, just show the common route/introduce the characters and end with something original to serve as an ad for the game. Few anime get enough episodes to adapt the true route of a VN.

Man I can't even think about anime with all my rage going into the Watchdogs downgrade thread. The Golden Time ending is nothing compared to that, so maybe it helped out.

If anything, I hope this means that the Aoba figure gets a re-release now cause I love parting ways with my money.

Or this series grows even more popular and Aoba becomes even more expensive....

Oh no I didn't even think of that possibility. With how popular his figure was, even with people who weren't interested in the game, it seems like a no-brainer to re-release him. I passed on him initially because of the price, but if the re-release is even more expensive I doubt I'll ever get him. If I recall correctly, Max Factory had announced they were working on another scaled figure from the series. Maybe with the anime we'll get more information on that.

I dont see what the big deal is about Watchdogs.

It all devolves to:
- we were promised the early footage as 'what to expect for next-gen'

- new footage is shown and it looks like about the same as GTAV on xbox 360.

- Outrage on Ubisoft having done this multiple times before, but this one is the most glaringly obvious and disruptive since many were preordering game due to promise of how it looked.

- Ubisoft reps., even if only PR, claiming they never lied and that the game hasn't been downgraded, besides new footage showing what is clearly otherwise.

I'm not convulsing with saliva foam spewing from my mouth since I wasn't as interested in the game as others, but the change in look is ridiculous and their attempt to not mention it is just.. ugh. I'm not transforming another thread into this. I'll keep watching House of Cards. AOTY.

The trend with visual novel adaptations recently has been to not adapt any route, just show the common route/introduce the characters and end with something original to serve as an ad for the game. Few anime get enough episodes to adapt the true route of a VN.

Ah, anime commercials. Guess it works well enough for manga that get adapted into 1 cour shows, though I wonder how effective anime bumps are for the long term.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Samurai Flamenco Episode 18
This is some
gurren lagann
ass shit.
Also I want to visit eromanga now

The problem with Kyou is, she's completely redundant because Ryou is so much better.

But then Ryou's OTP is Nagisa, so pairing her with the MC would be silly.

Nawwwww, Nagisa was the correct choice. Worst choice is Tomoyo, who is just boring with no redeeming features.

The only girls who are better than Nagisa are Fuuko and Mei, and neither of those work as well as Nagisa does as actual pairings for the MC, so Nagisa route is clearly correct route. Plus, you know, the whole of After Story depends on Nagisa winning and After Story is best Clannad.

I like you. Let's be friends. :D

I always felt Kyou was inferior to Ryou.

But After Story was entirely dependent on Tomoya choosing Nagisa and people are in pretty much universal agreement that Clannad After Story is better then Clannad S1.

I almost want to up my intake of backlog shows up to 6 just for March, because Xabungle was rather amazing.

Unfortunately, giving how long that is, that just tacks another 4 episodes per day...

cajunator

Banned
It all devolves to:
- we were promised the early footage as 'what to expect for next-gen'

- new footage is shown and it looks like about the same as GTAV on xbox 360.

- Outrage on Ubisoft having done this multiple times before, but this one is the most glaringly obvious and disruptive since many were preordering game due to promise of how it looked.

- Ubisoft reps., even if only PR, claiming they never lied and that the game hasn't been downgraded, besides new footage showing what is clearly otherwise.

I'm not convulsing with saliva foam spewing from my mouth since I wasn't as interested in the game as others, but the change in look is ridiculous and their attempt to not mention it is just.. ugh. I'm not transforming another thread into this. I'll keep watching House of Cards. AOTY.

Doesnt this play out EVERY gen? E3 comes around. footage is shown thats obviously bullshots. Devs claim it will be 99% true to the release. Devs end up lying. EVERY TIME.

Link Man

Banned
Arakawa*2 4

ibrPht9DkdhGe8.jpg

Hilarious episode! This show is firing on all cylinders.

And speaking of, Sister having hallucinations? Scary!

Of course this show would turn a Romance film into a Samurai Epic. Of course.

Oh, and I expect this shot will be useful for my horror anime viewing:

ilnInBEye73Ud.jpg

Jex

[Xabungle] - 23

Holy shit, so much Bright-slapping going down in this show. Except, in this case, it's the protagonist crying as he absolutely slaps the shit out of people while also shouting. Why? Cus Tomino, that's why.

Doesnt this play out EVERY gen? E3 comes around. footage is shown thats obviously bullshots. Devs claim it will be 99% true to the release. Devs end up lying. EVERY TIME.

It does, but Ubisoft is among the more notorious ones to do so. Why it's a big deal this time? The culmination of years of bullshots and lying. We've reached the climax. Not to mention their insistence it looks the same and the fact it was delayed because they wanted to smoothen the ride.

As to the anime DTL wants to watch, I'm not gonna lie. A part of me kind of wants him to not post gifs/images of the show since I assume it'll largely be guys making out furiously. To be fair I kind of cringe when they post yuri shots of the same too.

Jex

Just remember, if no-one's being violently slapped around the face, it's not really a Tomino series:

salpukgabydq6.gif

survivor

Banned
Seitokai Yakuindomo* 9

Yeah, this isn't doing it for me anymore and it's not even worth wasting half an hour every week watching the episode.

Guess Inari Konkon and Seki-kun are the only 2 shows from this season that I will end up keeping up with till the end. Though Inari hasn't been that good these past couple of episodes.

[Xabungle] - 23

Holy shit, so much Bright-slapping going down in this show. Except, in this case, it's the protagonist crying as he absolutely slaps the shit out of people while also shouting. Why? Cus Tomino, that's why.

That reminds me. One of the things that stood out was our protag crying. And we were like "WHY ARE YOU CRYING!?"

Is this Tomino guy the same one who has sexist depictions/actions towards women characters in other shows? Like somebody posted a Brain Powerd image and mentioned a name if I recall.

Jex

Is this Tomino guy the same one who has sexist depictions/actions towards women characters in other shows? Like somebody posted a Brain Powerd image and mentioned a name if I recall.

Tomino isn't sexist, that's an absurd statement. His shows just teach us that women are reckless and hard to predict because their uncontrollable emotions make them hysterical and, as such, they will always turn on and betray men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom