• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnet128

Banned
Wake Up, Girls! 9

We finally get the full story behind Mayu's departure from I-1 Club, and it's...pretty much exactly what you'd expect. This just in: I-1 Club is a horrible cutthroat institution that degrades its members and causes nothing but misery. Shocking, I'm sure.

The real surprise this episode was that
Nanami decided of her own accord to forget about the Hikarizuka thing and become a part of the team for reals. No drama or convincing necessary, just a moment of personal conviction. She gets major points for that in my books.
It really feels like everyone is finally coming together as a team now. Hopefully that will also help them improve on the technical front =p

Taruranto

Anyway Shion > Rika > Rena > Mion > Satoko > Hanyuu.

Man, you should read Meakashi-hen, it's probably R07 best work and Shion character got completely butchered in the animu.

http://i.imgur.com/Jlp66qn.jpg

I don't think they ever bothered including Dear You.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqkKNWNpoZk

It's not really a typical training arc.

And Gon grows quite a bit as the series goes on.

But if you aren't enjoying it at all by this point, then yeah, probably a good idea to drop it.

Pt6vxa2.jpg

cajunator

Banned
It was cute. Just sort of hard to decide which part of it was most heart warming:

I mean, Rika jumping into Akasaka's arms when he shows up was great. My boy Akasaka was great the whole way through, especially when he takes that punch in the chest, looks at the guy, and is like "WEAK. LEMME SHOW YOU A REAL PUNCH." Then again there was Kasai sniping. Finding out that Satoshi was still alive. And of course, seeing Takano Miyo's evil plan completely crumble was stellar.

Not sure if I was happy with her being given two separate happy ends, though. But I guess it ties into the fact that there weren't supposed to be any losers.

Anyway Shion > Rika > Rena > Mion > Satoko > Hanyuu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3DyuiXFqNo

Lurky

No-rin 9

Minori and co. completely loses their minds and Oppai gets caught up in the ensuing crossfire.

Doujins when?

Not that bad of a "beach" episode overall.

I was hoping for more christmas cake but this episode was pretty good. The scenes with Oppai were great.

Kanon End

Well, Finally done with Kanon. Overall did not expect it to get dark or supernatural as much as it did. Looks like the funny stuff I'd seen were not what this show is really about. It was good though I would've loved a warning ahead of time of what to expect. That hit to the feels was freaking strong when it came to Ayu, though some of the other stuff kinda did to.
Overall I give it 9 uguus~ out of Ten.
Oh, and Mai was still best girl out of them all.

cnet128

Banned
Kino no Tabi 11

Yeah, in a world like this, "not losing your life" really is what you should be worrying about.

So many criminals and murderers in this episode.

Kanon End

Well, Finally done with Kanon. Overall did not expect it to get dark or supernatural as much as it did. Looks like the funny stuff I'd seen were not what this show is really about. It was good though I would've loved a warning ahead of time of what to expect. That hit to the feels was freaking strong when it came to Ayu, though some of the other stuff kinda did to.
Overall I give it 9 uguus~ out of Ten.
Oh, and Mai was still best girl out of them all.

Glad you liked it!

Future card Buddyfight Episode 10: The Card of Heroes!
BiKoX4_CIAAWVmv.png

Team Balle du Soleil has such close and high friendship levels.

Noboru episode with Don Quixote and Dulcinea was a fun fight. He still reminds me a lot of me offline and I was glad for his development. Wholly wanting his team to win it as we go on and I think he might have the potential to follow in Tasuku Ryuenji's footsteps.

The ending finally makes sense with Tasuku!

Samurai Flamenco - 4

And suddenly a
Mahou Shoujo who stomps on people's groins and tases them with a baton that transforms into a spike ball
appears.

It's only just begun hasn't it?

Ranma 1/2 Episode 41 - 42

42 was too funny, so many good Ryouga Ranma moments if only Ranma wasnt in that outfit and such but Ryouga was so into it and even considering make it reality. Ryoga's clulessness is perfect.

Pani Poni Dash! 09

The dreaded photo album with old pictures you want to forget.

All kinds of weird animals in the jungle, including a different looking bunny... I'm usually terrible at recognizing voices, but Media had a familiar one at least. Miyu Matsuki who also voices Yoshinoya-sensei.

Samurai Flamenco - 5

Is the useless sensei constantly breaking his promises going to be a running gag? I sure hope so. I wonder how far they'll go with it.

It's nice to see Masayoshi have a backbone in this situation where the girl is far more powerful than him. Maybe I've seen one too many harems, but to me it's interesting to see the main character NOT taking the girl's shit she's giving him and doing things his way. Flamenco-wise, anyway. Job-wise, he's still unfortunately at his manager's mercy.

cnet128

Banned
Kino no Tabi 13 END

fffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I think that sums up this episode nicely. And this series.

This episode seems like almost the diametrical opposite of the one that preceded it. The previous episode was about
a country of warlike aggressors who managed to lose even what semblance of morality they may have still had by replacing war with something even worse, all in the name of their own survival, and we're left with no reason to expect that they won't go on living happy in their state of atrocity
. Then this episode was about
a country of victims who managed to let go of the bitter cruelty that the world had taught them in favour of true peace and kindness, choosing to abandon even their own survival in the name of something more important, and we leave them all dead, but finally at peace with the world and with themselves

Basically, faith in humanity restored...but at what cost? >_____<

Butyeah. This was a great series, and I'm glad I decided to join in with Corvo's watch of it. A solid recommendation indeed from cajun - thank you for spreading the love for this series and indirectly prompting me to check it out sooner than I otherwise would have. It certainly made a change from backlogging nothing but Precure =p

Pani Poni Dash! 09

The dreaded photo album with old pictures you want to forget.

All kinds of weird animals in the jungle, including a different looking bunny... I'm usually terrible at recognizing voices, but Media had a familiar one at least. Miyu Matsuki who also voices Yoshinoya-sensei.
I had forgotten about the maid that never opens her eyes lol

Samurai Flamenco - 5

Is the useless sensei constantly breaking his promises going to be a running gag? I sure hope so. I wonder how far they'll go with it.

It's nice to see Masayoshi have a backbone in this situation where the girl is far more powerful than him. Maybe I've seen one too many harems, but to me it's interesting to see the main character NOT taking the girl's shit she's giving him and doing things his way. Flamenco-wise, anyway. Job-wise, he's still unfortunately at his manager's mercy.

keep going. You're not too far off from the itshappening.gif

cajunator

Banned
Kino no Tabi 13 END

This episode seems like almost the diametrical opposite of the one that preceded it. The previous episode was about
a country of warlike aggressors who managed to lose even what semblance of morality they may have still had by replacing war with something even worse, all in the name of their own survival, and we're left with no reason to expect that they won't go on living happy in their state of atrocity
a country of victims who managed to let go of the bitter cruelty that the world had taught them in favour of true peace and kindness, choosing to abandon even their own survival in the name of something more important, and we leave them all dead, but finally at peace with the world and with themselves

Butyeah. This was a great series, and I'm glad I decided to join in with Corvo's watch of it. A solid recommendation indeed from cajun - thank you for spreading the love for this series and indirectly prompting me to check it out sooner than I otherwise would have. It certainly made a change from backlogging nothing but Precure =p

Theres a reason its my #2 favoritest series forever and ever.
I will recommend it quite frequently.

CorvoSol

Kino no Tabi 13 END

Yeah I agree, this was a great recommendation, Cajun.

Link Man

Banned
Usagi Drop 8

iDuTYVNeUKp2K.jpg

Seeing Rin imitating Daikichi was the cutest thing ever!

As for the mom, I guess she became a little more relatable, but also a little more alien. I wonder why her past is so painful to her, to the point of her trying to work herself to exhaustion just to try to forget.

Kino no Tabi 13 END

Still one of the most beautiful shows I've ever seen. This is the kind of show I feel I can show to people who don't even like anime. It's just that good.

cajunator

Banned
Kirby and I are starting Tutu on the 10th, so I think you have a little catchup time.

Yeah I should be able to catch a few eps tonight and tomorrow. The shows pace is picking up so it will be pretty easy.
But you gotta admit Kino's journey is an extremely easy show to watch. It flowed really well and never bored the viewer.

Samurai Flamenco - 6

Goto's Girlfriend said:
"Go-chin, I had a scary dream! A giant cat was squishing me. The cat started making cat-paw suishi. The hirame was really good."

HEY. Go back! I want to read the rest of that conversation!

I'm actually really digging this show so far. Something about Masayoshi's character is just so enjoyable to watch in how innocent he is. The dude is the pure definition of "the good guy". Nothing more, nothing less.

Okay. Six episodes in. Episode seven is apparently the big one. If I do not see, some of the most brilliant, batshit insane imagery as AnimeGAF has been hyping up until now, then I will have lost all faith in Anime.

Let's do this.

Samurai Flamenco - 6

HEY. Go back! I want to read the rest of that conversation!

I'm actually really digging this show so far. Something about Masayoshi's character is just so enjoyable to watch in how innocent he is. The dude is the pure definition of "the good guy". Nothing more, nothing less.

Okay. Six episodes in. Episode seven is apparently the big one. If I do not see, some of the most brilliant, batshit insane imagery as AnimeGAF has been hyping up until now, then I will have lost all faith in Anime.

Let's do this.

Looking at the trend of people posting reviews for this and being speechless in their episode 7 review, I think it's a good bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom