• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Tomino isn't sexist, that's an absurd statement. His shows just teach us that women are reckless and hard to predict because their uncontrollable emotions make them hysterical and, as such, they will always turn on and betray men.

iGFclV2UHuCo1.jpg

Finalow

samumenco 19
I actually enjoyed that part reletad to Goto's girlfriend, but just that, the ending ruined everything.
how many episodes left?

klk 21
did not like.

ixsZ4j0WyksCx.gif

I'm also watching Mushishi and I'm liking it so far, ep. 12 was great.

CorvoSol

Tomino isn't sexist, that's an absurd statement. His shows just teach us that women are reckless and hard to predict because their uncontrollable emotions make them hysterical and, as such, they will always turn on and betray men.

And those are the times he bothers to explain it. As near as I can tell, the reason ZETA SPOILERS
Reccoa betrays the AUEG
is because she can't get Char's dick so she goes out for some Poptarts instead.

Similarly, the reason Quess betrays the Earth in CCA is BWAHAHAHAHA REASONS AND QUESS IN THE SAME SENTENCE.

Jex

And those are the times he bothers to explain it. As near as I can tell, the reason ZETA SPOILERS
Reccoa betrays the AUEG
is because she can't get Char's dick so she goes out for some Poptarts instead.

Similarly, the reason Quess betrays the Earth in CCA is BWAHAHAHAHA REASONS AND QUESS IN THE SAME SENTENCE.

Well you have to accept that's a pretty good reason. I mean, why do women do anything? It's because they want the D. And they can't all have the D (and, in fact, no-one ever seems to get the D in Tomino shows) so they just go crazy!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I need to watch the new Strike the Blood but I can't motivate myself to do so. I'm just really, really tired of the damn show. It's been building up for a while, but I think last week's monumentally stupid episode eliminated the last few fucks I had to give.

I need to get better at detecting if something's gonna turn into dumb harem bullshit before I start watching it.

Robot Girls Z 3 END

Well that was a fun romp, and a good ending for a show like this.

Funny enough I did forget about one team. The show channeled my thoughts too! so based.

CorvoSol

Well you have to accept that's a pretty good reason. I mean, why do women do anything? It's because they want the D. And they can't all have the D (and, in fact, no-one ever seems to get the D in Tomino shows) so they just go crazy!

This certainly describes why Puru and Haman Khan were evil and Roux was not: Because they wanted Judau's D and couldn't get it.

On the other hand, it was only AFTER Katejina got Cronicle's D that she really went nuts.

Melody of Oblivion 6

Nothing to see here, folks. Just an entire lake made out of the tears of small children collected by robot rats in the hopes of impressing a Worker's Union dedicated to exploiting wealthy, nubile, emotionally-damaged young women.

Mr.Jeff

I can't even look at her since realizing she was Senjougahara all along. It just makes me want more Monogatari.
Well you know about Kyubey/Hachikuji and Senjougahara/Homura but did you know about Sayaka/Arararararargi's Sister?

Also....

I finished Higurashi Kai.

Thank you, CNet.

How did you enjoy the
Scooby Doo: The Hinamizawa Saga
ending?

Judging from what I saw in the OVA, Kyou's route is mostly just angsting about her dumb twin sister and then she gives herself a huge downgrade (by
cutting her own hair
). Stay losing, girl.

Tomoyo best.
Dresden choosing the best girl again.

I don't know anything about Mushishi, but that's a beautiful visual.
There's still time to get caught up. Or you could try, like Nafe did, the one hour OVA that was released earlier in the year.

So Hyped for the new series.

CorvoSol

How did you enjoy the
Scooby Doo: The Hinamizawa Saga
ending?

It was cute. Just sort of hard to decide which part of it was most heart warming:

I mean, Rika jumping into Akasaka's arms when he shows up was great. My boy Akasaka was great the whole way through, especially when he takes that punch in the chest, looks at the guy, and is like "WEAK. LEMME SHOW YOU A REAL PUNCH." Then again there was Kasai sniping. Finding out that Satoshi was still alive. And of course, seeing Takano Miyo's evil plan completely crumble was stellar.

Not sure if I was happy with her being given two separate happy ends, though. But I guess it ties into the fact that there weren't supposed to be any losers.

Anyway Shion > Rika > Rena > Mion > Satoko > Hanyuu.

cnet128

Banned
It was cute. Just sort of hard to decide which part of it was most heart warming:

I mean, Rika jumping into Akasaka's arms when he shows up was great. My boy Akasaka was great the whole way through, especially when he takes that punch in the chest, looks at the guy, and is like "WEAK. LEMME SHOW YOU A REAL PUNCH." Then again there was Kasai sniping. Finding out that Satoshi was still alive. And of course, seeing Takano Miyo's evil plan completely crumble was stellar.

Not sure if I was happy with her being given two separate happy ends, though. But I guess it ties into the fact that there weren't supposed to be any losers.

Naw man.

Satoko > GOD > who even cares about ranking the rest of them

(Honestly, I'm not even sure how I would rank the rest of them. I think Rena would proooooobably come first, but after that I'm a little lost. They're all pretty great in different ways but I have trouble putting them in any kind of order.)

Anyway, you still have Rei to watch, and I am looking forward to seeing how you react to that (for a couple of different reasons XD)

Chuuni REN on the beach ( loli included ) - 09

That was alright but not that great ..overall this episode felt "safe" and the ending was predictable as possible

5/10

cnet128

Banned
Kill la Kill 21

Brainwashed Ryuuko
is actually pretty fun as a villain, but
I'm glad she came back to her senses in the end

That sequence at the beginning of the episode, though...yeah, that was something else.
The Ryuuko-Nui kiss was glorious and singlehandedly justified the whole fallen-Ryuuko plot XD

CorvoSol

Naw man.

Satoko > GOD > who even cares about ranking the rest of them

(Honestly, I'm not even sure how I would rank the rest of them. I think Rena would proooooobably come first, but after that I'm a little lost. They're all pretty great in different ways but I have trouble putting them in any kind of order.)

Anyway, you still have Rei to watch, and I am looking forward to seeing how you react to that (for a couple of different reasons XD)

I was told that KAI was the last I needed to see. Do I REALLY need to see REI? I mean isn't the series over?

Kino's Journey 13

This was a great series, Cajun. I enjoyed it a lot. Show feels heavy as Hell, but I think what I enjoyed most was that it never preached, and for all the times the human race was shown to be full of horrible, miserable, cruel people, at the same time there were wonderful, kind people. I enjoyed that the show was very unassuming, inviting the viewer to think about what was seen, rather than just stuffing some ham fisted message down one's throat while insulting their intelligence.

cnet128

Banned
I was told that KAI was the last I needed to see. Do I REALLY need to see REI? I mean isn't the series over?

It's not strictly necessary, but it's recommended for the full experience. It's only five episodes, three of which form a very interesting epilogue, and the other two of which are hilarious gag episodes that are worth seeing just for the wut.

Strike the Blood 21
Feels a little BS that
Asagi got off without dying
though I guess they have to get her into this supernatural nonsense directly

Kino's Journey 13

This was a great series, Cajun. I enjoyed it a lot. Show feels heavy as Hell, but I think what I enjoyed most was that it never preached, and for all the times the human race was shown to be full of horrible, miserable, cruel people, at the same time there were wonderful, kind people. I enjoyed that the show was very unassuming, inviting the viewer to think about what was seen, rather than just stuffing some ham fisted message down one's throat while insulting their intelligence.

Arjuna still hurts doesn't it? That's why we recommended Kino. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It truly is an amazing show and had a perfect length.

Samurai Flamenco - 3

I'm assuming this is where most people initially dropped the show as it would appear to be following a standard MOTW formula. Or in SamFlam's case, DOTW. (Delinquent of the Week)

But seeing as things are supposed to reach a point of insanity soon, I must tread onwards.

Strike the blood - 21

Lol strike the blood ..i knew it ! i predicted this and this result is almost better than expected.

I don't dislike this turn of events for asagi since it opens quite a bit of possibilities. IN short GOOD.

I'm satisfied for now...
Strike the blood might have his first "real" vilain , an ennemy with an actual presence even if he is the second enemy to have a plan that could work. Series is improving , not as fast i expected but it's getting better , that's for sure.

cajunator

Banned

Kino's Journey 13

Exactly what I wanted you to take from it. so glad you liked it Corvy.

now its Princess tutu time :D
As soon as I finish this Renge drawing it is FMP time for me.

Branduil

Kino's Journey 13

There are still 3 OVA episodes for you to watch.

phaze

Full Metal Alchemist 34-53

Loved the show overall but found the last but found the last few episodes underwhelming. Maybe its my fault for
expecting some grand(grander) battle at the end. Dante and the Homunculus went out with a whimper instead of a bang. The Greed fight remains the best.

I wanted to jump straight to Brotherhood but I see it's a more faithful to manga reimagining ? Think I will take a break from the series then.

Hughes didn't come back. ;__;

Hunter x Hunter 27

Think I'm gonna call it quits here. Gon irritates me to no end and I don't have the patience to sit through what seems to be an training arc. The show is just not up my alley. First ED was great though.

Shigurui 1-12

This easily takes the prize of the creepiest anime I've watched so far. Kogan's first appearance genuinely freaked me out. It has a slow start but picks up after a few episodes. At the end I was so glued to screen that I watched last 5 ones in one session.
I'm fairly sure that the real samurai fights didn't have such reliance on some super techniques but that didn't bother me much. Battles resembling cowboy duels and taking only a few seconds were a breath of fresh air from your typical shounen.

Caveats: Firstly animation, sometimes I couldn't shake the feeling that I was watching a slide show and not an animation. Shigurui unfortunately pulled a Berserk and didn't even manage to bring the story to the point of the start. I really have to start checking if the shows, I'm about to watch, have some semblance of satisfying ending.

cnet128

Banned
pupa 9

oh god the noises

It makes me happy that these people are about to get exactly what they deserve. Finally a situation that actually calls for a bloodthirsty monster!

Hunter x Hunter 27[/B]

Think I'm gonna call it quits here. Gon irritates me to no end and I don't have the patience to sit through what seems to be an training arc. The show is just not up my alley. First ED was great though.

It's not really a typical training arc.

And Gon grows quite a bit as the series goes on.

But if you aren't enjoying it at all by this point, then yeah, probably a good idea to drop it.

Congrats on choosing your favorite serial killer.

Oh man. Just watched Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day. That is a rough show to marathon. Them feels come hard and they come frequently. Found out there is a movie for this as well, worth watching? Either way, thank God its Friday, which means Sakura Trick day. Need some yuri to put me back in a happy mood.

cnet128

Banned
Nourin 9

In true Nourin style, the least conventional beach episode ever! But swimsuit Ringo is still godly levels of win.

I actually feel really legit bad for Minori, getting repeatedly screwed out of the chance to go to the beach for the first time in her life D:

Lurky

Sakura Trick 9

Huh, so that's what
lesbian phone sex
would sound like. I'm also starting to feel just a little bit bad for Mitsuki. On the bright side it looks like Kaede finally got some good air time. For a show that's about lesbians, it sure could use more lesbians... I can't wait to see what'll happen next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom