• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew J.

Sakura Trick 09

It's weird you don't see much driver's ed stuff in high school anime. I get that there are more non-drivers in Japan, but to that extent?

Samurai What the Flamenco - 777

I was afraid Masayoshi was going to go full-on Batman when
the truth about his parents was revealed. I'm glad that was sorted out nicely though. Now I respect his character even more! Long live the Flamenco!

Wow AnimeGAF, you were dead wrong about this episode. Like, this was nice, but nothing mind-boggling insane has hap-

Oh hey, a Gorrila.

2926255-avgn_spit180ur4.gif

the truth about his parents was revealed. I'm glad that was sorted out nicely though. Now I respect his character even more! Long live the Flamenco!

Wow AnimeGAF, you were dead wrong about this episode. Like, this was nice, but nothing mind-boggling insane has hap-

Oh hey, a Gorrila.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/133524/2926255-avgn_spit180ur4.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Never gets old seeing reactions.

Oh hey, a Gorrila.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/133524/2926255-avgn_spit180ur4.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

The best part was that many of us saw spoilers for this particular episode. But the execution still shocked the fuck out of us.

Soma

Samurai Flamenco truly is the latest LIST show isn't it?

I haven't seen reaction posts like these since someone last watched School Days

Never gets old seeing reactions.

The best part was that many of us saw spoilers for this particular episode. But the execution still shocked the fuck out of us.

Whose idea was this? Just what the hell happened here? Did the production team get the script for an entirely different anime mixed in with the script for whatever story they had going here? You can't go from a scene like that to....THAT.

I'll screen it if you watch Yami.

I'll get around to it eventually.

What is Platonic Heart?

5 episode OVA series about a female fighter. Think School Days, but with an even more ridiculous out of nowhere ending. It's basically 4 episodes of a mildly entertaining Ikki Tousen clone, while the final episode is just WTF.

Does the list have Mad Bull 34? I'm not sure if that one counts, but I was entertained for all the wrong reasons.

Pretty sure it's on there.

Gazoinks

Whose idea was this? Just what the hell happened here? Did the production team get the script for an entirely different anime mixed in with the script for whatever story they had going here? You can't go from a scene like that to....THAT.

You may find this hard to believe, but you ain't seen nothing yet.

cajunator

Banned

Oh hey, a Gorrila.

2926255-avgn_spit180ur4.gif

Which episode did that gif come from?

Never doubt the AnimeGAF.

except on Psycho-Pass since it's a good show fuck you

It is decent. I dont hate it.

I'll screen it if you watch Yami.

YESYESYESYESYESYES

Branduil

Kino no Tabi 13 END

fffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I think that sums up this episode nicely. And this series.

This episode seems like almost the diametrical opposite of the one that preceded it. The previous episode was about
a country of warlike aggressors who managed to lose even what semblance of morality they may have still had by replacing war with something even worse, all in the name of their own survival, and we're left with no reason to expect that they won't go on living happy in their state of atrocity
. Then this episode was about
a country of victims who managed to let go of the bitter cruelty that the world had taught them in favour of true peace and kindness, choosing to abandon even their own survival in the name of something more important, and we leave them all dead, but finally at peace with the world and with themselves

Basically, faith in humanity restored...but at what cost? >_____<

Butyeah. This was a great series, and I'm glad I decided to join in with Corvo's watch of it. A solid recommendation indeed from cajun - thank you for spreading the love for this series and indirectly prompting me to check it out sooner than I otherwise would have. It certainly made a change from backlogging nothing but Precure =p

Yeah I agree, this was a great recommendation, Cajun.

You guys still have OVA episodes to watch!

Quasar

It all devolves to:
- we were promised the early footage as 'what to expect for next-gen'

- new footage is shown and it looks like about the same as GTAV on xbox 360.

- Ubisoft reps., even if only PR, claiming they never lied and that the game hasn't been downgraded, besides new footage showing what is clearly otherwise.

I'm not convulsing with saliva foam spewing from my mouth since I wasn't as interested in the game as others, but the change in look is ridiculous and their attempt to not mention it is just.. ugh. I'm not transforming another thread into this. I'll keep watching House of Cards. AOTY.

Is this really any different to other games advertising high pc graphics as console graphics? Or has the PC version also gotten a 'downgrade'?

I'd certainly say its much better than continuing to show high end PC footage and pretending thats what the console versions will look like.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Sailor Stars] 191
pfffffffffffffffffffft

I've never been much of an Ami fan, but the latest episodes focusing on her and showing her stepping up have turned my opinion on her a lot. It does feel like she has come a long way from the beginning, as opposed to, say, Makoto or Rei, whose overall characters have remained the same.

Yay! No more Usagi pulling a Ryuuko! For now.
So where are the cosplays of the Sailor Senshi cosplaying as video game characters, anyway?

CorvoSol

I don't think I can watch any more Samumenco tonight. I need a break considering what I just witnessed right the hell out of nowhere.

Let the Samu into your Spiritual Flamenco.

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 6

And then a laser beam or debris from the Montblac struck Ensign Reccoa's pod, preventing her from becoming one of the worst female characters ever, and there was much rejoicing at the salvation of her character.

Gazoinks

JoJo 8 & 9

Phantom Blood done! Onwards to better things!

Although it still had pacing and characterization issues, I found the anime a lot more enjoyable than the Phantom Blood manga. The art's less ugly, the VA is pretty much spot on, the pacing is a bit less drawn-out, and the ED is Roundabout. ROUNDABOUT.

Jonathan really ended up the worst off of any Jojo. Too bad he's such a boring character. :p

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Sailor Stars] 191

pfffffffffffffffffffft

I've never been much of an Ami fan, but the latest episodes focusing on her and showing her stepping up have turned my opinion on her a lot. It does feel like she has come a long way from the beginning, as opposed to, say, Makoto or Rei, whose overall characters have remained the same.
Ami's reserved nature makes her easy to write off, but there's always been more to her than she wants to let on. It's in those moments when she lets her guard down and speaks her mind that you see what truly makes her tick.

Makoto they kind of ran out of ideas for.
I just want to point out how great this shot is. Entirely expressive.

Don't count on it.
Unless you mean where it airs.

Actually thinking about it, I think what I recall reading back when I saw the news report that he was returning to anime TV was that he had two big projects coming up. One was Space Dandy with Bones, and the other was something with the studio that did Kids on the Slope. I'll just wait for announcements though, I don't recall seeing more over the other project besides that.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I just want to point out how great this shot is. Entirely expressive.
Speaking of which:

[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Sailor Stars] 192
God bless Minako episodes.

So are they going to play up this
oh Chibi Chibi is actually the princess
stuff for the rest of the season? You'd think the Starlights would have already kidnapped her by now.

duckroll

Actually thinking about it, I think what I recall reading back when I saw the news report that he was returning to anime TV was that he had two big projects coming up. One was Space Dandy with Bones, and the other was something with the studio that did Kids on the Slope. I'll just wait for announcements though, I don't recall seeing more over the other project besides that.

Yes he's doing a show with MAPPA. That doesn't mean it's going to be anything like KotS.

Black lagoon 17
That counterfeiting girl is really annoying. Anyhow, nice gunfight even things aren't going much like the plan. I sort of like the chainsaw chick. And Rock was fairly manly is THINKING ABOUT IT
this is just a funny line he repeats at the end of the episode.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Samurai Flamenco Episode 19
So that's goto's girlfriend...
Atleast with this revelation mari can swoop in and claim the OTP, I also like how they're setting up the OTP with hazama and his manager, which I say thank god cause that guy who is always bored is probably my least liked character of the cast.
Also I like how much of the story they had thought out
I knew the boy in the back that stuck around for a few seconds more was going to become important later, but I was thinking like the next episode, I totally managed to forget about him until the show said it was time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom