• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jewelpet Tinkle 01

wKvuNCZl.jpg

So hey, I'm starting this.

It's not bad so far. Introduces our main character, shows off some problem, have the adorable mascots be adorable mascots for a bit.

I can see the humor around and it does seem nice to see the girl gain the confidence that she needs.

MarkusRJR

One Piece 2-25

I haven't had a chance to post my impressions, but it's been pretty slow so far. It's just basic introductions and back-story for the characters up to this point. I'm really liking the world, characters, and plot so far despite the fact it seems a bit childish. Things seem to be picking up though as of these last 2 episodes. Is there any guide to avoiding bad or pointless filler?

Oh, and Hawk-Eye Mihawk is seriously bad ass.

OceanBlue

strike the blood 21

not aoty.

maybe the bluray.

man LN adaptations are just so... standard.... is strike the blood hot in japan?

I don't really follow light novel stuff that closely, but I think it's around average for its genre, if not below average. It's nothing popular like the Monogatari series, SAO, or Mahouka.

Gazoinks

Yeah, there are good LN adaptations, but they tend to be outside of the typical harem-adjacent genres. Stuff like Baccano and Kino's.

Theonik

sonicmj1

Mouryou no Hako 13

I can't.

I think I need an exorcist. Or at least a good blog essay.

I wish I had something for you. My impressions from the time aren't particularly insightful (and the pictures broke for some weird reason), and I don't think there's too much else to chew on. If I wanted to write something good, I'd have to watch the whole thing again. Maybe Jexhius has something?

There's an OVA episode that adds a little, but I don't think it'll help you too much.

Jex

Shiki 12

Well, this turned :DTL real quick.

And this show's back on the chopping block. One more episode.

Look, it's up to you. Shiki eventually gets going and when it gets going it really ramps up but the problem with the series was that it took a zillion episodes to get there. Considering you've already invested so much time you could just get to that point, all things considered. Dropping it around 4 would have been just as wise if you disliked the turgid pacing.

Link Man

Banned
Look, it's up to you. Shiki eventually gets going and when it gets going it really ramps up but the problem with the series was that it took a zillion episodes to get there. Considering you've already invested so much time you could just get to that point, all things considered. Dropping it around 4 would have been just as wise if you disliked the turgid pacing.

Yeah, I wish I had dropped it early on, but I kept hearing promises of how good it gets. The thing that really is turning me off are the characters, as I've not really enjoyed any of them thus far, yet the show keeps throwing lame character development my way.

As for the pacing, I'm over halfway through the series now, and there have only been a couple of good episodes. Even if the rest of the series is awesome, that's still a failing grade in most every reckoning.

Lurky

Yeah, I wish I had dropped it early on, but I kept hearing promises of how good it gets. The thing that really is turning me off are the characters, as I've not really enjoyed any of them thus far, yet the show keeps throwing lame character development my way.

As for the pacing, I'm over halfway through the series now, and there have only been a couple of good episodes. Even if the rest of the series is awesome, that's still a failing grade in most every reckoning.

Well you're almost out of the woods so hopefully it will pay off. And when you're done can you tell me how it ends? I think I finished the show but I can't really remember what happened.

One Piece 2-25

I haven't had a chance to post my impressions, but it's been pretty slow so far. It's just basic introductions and back-story for the characters up to this point. I'm really liking the world, characters, and plot so far despite the fact it seems a bit childish. Things seem to be picking up though as of these last 2 episodes. Is there any guide to avoiding bad or pointless filler?

Oh, and Hawk-Eye Mihawk is seriously bad ass.

Here you go (DO NOT READ ANYTHING ELSE ON THAT SITE).

And yes, the first 40 episodes or so are pretty much character introductions, while after that they just go crazy with the world and things just escalate a ton.

Pyscho Pass is a bad show with bad art and bad writing that tries to get by on the uniqueness of it's setting when really it's just syfy for beginners in terms of depth and quality.

Pyscho Pass is like if someone took all the worst aspects of GITS Innocence and put them in an ugly, poorly directed television show.

Jex

I personally thought they did a great job in the animation department.
Well that's a fine opinion to have but, er, a single gif doesn't really cover the average animation quality of an entire series. Even SHAFT shows have a couple of nice cuts in them, but that doesn't mean that they're well animated.

Jex

[Tomino's Bungle] - 27

Wow, will Tomino's hatred of strong female characters know no bounds? I am certain that he's just trolling now, amazing.

I really hope he hasn't shifted into serious mode with the later half of the series because, if so, zzzzz.

Lain

Kill la Kill 21

I always believed in you, Ryuuko-chan!
Mako, how can you be so awesome? I hope they give you the spin off series you so dearly deserve. Wait, this is anime, not a videogame.

---
Got my Psycho-Pass Vol 1 pack yesterday. The OST is quite nice to listen at.

Harems are like one of the worst genres anyway, so that's not really surprising.

Better off having light harem elements honestly.

Well it would help if we had sometimes harem lead that actually would take advantage of that harem. Maybe it would go down to hentai too easily though lol. Still it's kinda implausible how tense and somewhat asexual most of these leads are.

1360880959062zuumh.gif

wow such animation

Well that is the problem with psycho pass ... it had great animation at the start but couldn't keep this level of animation on the second part of the show ...we even had that infamous episode were everything was at the MAGI level.

YOu might have a better memory than mine but i don't remember bad animation in the first part.

duckroll

Well that is the problem with psycho pass ... it had great animation at the start but couldn't keep this level of animation on the second part of the show ...we even had that infamous episode were everything was at the MAGI level.

YOu might have a better memory than mine but i don't remember bad animation in the first part.

"Second part" lol. I don't think any episode of Psycho-Pass had animation on par with ep1. :(

Ep16 (I think that was the one with the tower fight?) was probably the closest. The rest were all mediocre to bad animation wise.

Black Lagoon 18
Well that chick wasn't a complete waste of time
for Benny. Also that reveal that with Eda being part of CIA is huge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom