• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Second part" lol. I don't think any episode of Psycho-Pass had animation on par with ep1. :(

Ep16 (I think that was the one with the tower fight?) was probably the closest. The rest were all mediocre to bad animation wise.

i agree , but it was still bearable , in the second part , we had minutes of show were it was just plain bad... i consider the second part to be a considerable drop in quality

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Samurai Flamenco Episode 19
So that's goto's girlfriend...
Atleast with this revelation mari can swoop in and claim the OTP, I also like how they're setting up the OTP with hazama and his manager, which I say thank god cause that guy who is always bored is probably my least liked character of the cast.
Also I like how much of the story they had thought out
I knew the boy in the back that stuck around for a few seconds more was going to become important later, but I was thinking like the next episode, I totally managed to forget about him until the show said it was time.

Yea, at this point I would assume nothing in regard to Samurai Flamenco. Also, fuck this show if Mari gets any OTP.

1360880959062zuumh.gif

wow such animation

Was watching the last two episodes with a bunch of friends last night and all we did was talk about how bad the CG wheat was.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Log Horizon Episode 23:

Now this is the Log Horizon I know and love, yes, after last week's quite frankly terrible episode we are back in the saddle.
I really do love how Log Horizon weaves its world building, seeing Minori becoming an apprentice scribe and watching Naotsugu and Akatsuki and watch the festival play out and of course watch Log Horizon weave the larger narrative into the mix. Little occurrences between the Adventures and the People of the Land so subtle and expected around a big event that not even Shiroe picked up on it until the advantage was gained. Yes, a new war begins and it has been awhile since we got an antagonist with a face. This time Log Horizon don't chintz out on the action scenes. Also, for fuck sakes stop with the ship teasing, after three straight episodes I am just tired of the teasing.
I really don't know how then next 2 (!!!) episodes are going to go down and I like that.

Log Horizon Episode 23:

Now this is the Log Horizon I know and love, yes, after last week's quite frankly terrible episode we are back in the saddle.
I really do love how Log Horizon weaves its world building, seeing Minori becoming an apprentice scribe and watching Naotsugu and Akatsuki and watch the festival play out and of course watch Log Horizon weave the larger narrative into the mix. Little occurrences between the Adventures and the People of the Land so subtle and expected around a big event that not even Shiroe picked up on it until the advantage was gained. Yes, a new war begins and it has been awhile since we got an antagonist with a face. This time Log Horizon don't chintz out on the action scenes. Also, for fuck sakes stop with the ship teasing, after three straight episodes I am just tired of the teasing.
I really don't know how then next 2 (!!!) episodes are going to go down and I like that.

You'll have to bear it
because the ship teasing is part of the package .. it's a necessary aspect that will lead to character develloppement in ways you won't expect

cnet128

Banned
One Piece 2-25

I haven't had a chance to post my impressions, but it's been pretty slow so far. It's just basic introductions and back-story for the characters up to this point. I'm really liking the world, characters, and plot so far despite the fact it seems a bit childish. Things seem to be picking up though as of these last 2 episodes. Is there any guide to avoiding bad or pointless filler?

Oh, and Hawk-Eye Mihawk is seriously bad ass.

I see someone already linked you to a bare list of episodes, but here's a slightly more structured outline of what's worth watching and what isn't. (And I hope you enjoy the next arc, which is where things really start to get good by a lot of people's reckoning!)

The first filler content is in episodes 50-51, but I don't think it's worth trying to skip those since it's only two episodes, not bad stuff, and integrated quite tightly into the canon events.

The first actual filler arc that you might want to skip is episodes 54-61, which a lot of people dislike. Personally I don't think it's too bad, and I'm not sure if skipping it outright is a great idea, since the introductions to a few key canon concepts are included in it (I'd at least watch 54-55 at the beginning since they introduce the concept of
the Calm Belt
and 61 at the end, since it contains the important lead-in into the canon material that follows).

After that one, you're basically in the clear for a long stretch until episodes 131-143, which is a series of filler arcs that you really won't miss anything by skipping.

Then there's 196-206, which I think is generally agreed to be the best filler arc in the series, and is also integrated into the canon quite effectively and includes some key moments that you won't want to miss, so I'd recommend watching that one.

Then there's the Davy Back Fight arc (episodes 207-219), which is canon, but includes some filler material integrated into it. It's only a few extra episodes, and it's so tightly integrated that I don't think there's any point trying to skip it, you'll just wind up confusing yourself. Episodes 220-226 immediately afterwards, on the other hand, are entirely filler and you won't miss anything by skipping them.

Then you're in the clear until 279-283, which is a series of recap episodes that aren't worth watching.

...I could go on, but that's probably more than enough for now >.>

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Look guys, stop picking on Psycho Pass. They worked really hard on that second OP and just didn't have enough time to work on the rest of the show.

Princess Tutu 1-2

After a decent, but standard first episode, the second one seemed oddly paced in comparison. Things just seem to happen so fast, you hardly have time to process it. It makes the show seem really weird and out there, even though most of lore was already established in the first episode.

cajunator

Banned
Shinichiro Watanabe's 12 Years a Catgirl Slave

Theres a hentai in there somewhere.

And this is coming from the guy who complained about random singing in anime!

Hmmm...

Actually let's do that.

Agreed.

YAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Catgirls can just lick themselves clean though.

Thats true. But theres that one scene in ToLOVERU Darkness...

I wanted to vote for Frozen. Best Disney movie ever since the introduction of Disney. And freedom.

ITs pretty good. I wouldnt say THE BEST but up there.

As long as Adela Demanza or whatever isn't allowed to sing the song anymore! lol

She's pretty tsuntsun for space though.

Idina Menzel. I think she did alright. She nailed the notes at least.
My favorite rendition of it is actually sung by a dude. Hes in a metal band apparently and he has incredible range:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kohD5z5mE0E

Database Database Living in the Database Database 23

Looks like Shiroe's love triangle turned into a harem. For such a villain he sure has a lot of the top billing cast of ladies fawning over him.

This was another easy-going episode for the most part, with a bit of doom'n'gloom rearing its face all throughout the episode. Some higher ups talking about their respect for Shiroe, and the new conflict is introduced by the end of the episode. Looks like the next few episodes will be Shiroe tested in ways he wasn't expecting, which is fine by me. I want him to be the center of the action. More people need to know about Shiroe-sama.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Yea, at this point I would assume nothing in regard to Samurai Flamenco. Also, fuck this show if Mari gets any OTP.
She is probably the most flawed character in the show, when it comes to being a heroine she is the opposite of hazama almost. She is unique in that regard but she still has a "I want everything" attitude, and thats not going to go away instantly.
Fuck all of you I love Psycho Pass.

WHAT'EVUH WHAT'EVUH I DO WHAT I WANT

Bro, im with you.

cajunator

Banned
Kill la Kill 21

I always believed in you, Ryuuko-chan!
Mako, how can you be so awesome? I hope they give you the spin off series you so dearly deserve. Wait, this is anime, not a videogame.

---

Got my Psycho-Pass Vol 1 pack yesterday. The OST is quite nice to listen at.

Looks good! Ill pick it up soon if its got an OST.

I love these. Nanami Madobe was my favorite though.

From the infamous episode 18
ircSMPK.gif

uyfWGJ3.gif

XeVmruZ.gif

I remember this, though I dont want to. That was so awkward.

i1cv6NWqZjsQN.gif

Oh yes, they did.

edit: beaten =P

unforgettable.

Princess Tutu 1-2

After a decent, but standard first episode, the second one seemed oddly paced in comparison. Things just seem to happen so fast, you hardly have time to process it. It makes the show seem really weird and out there, even though most of lore was already established in the first episode.

Yayyy!
The pacing is kinda quick and energetic but youll get used to it. I think youll end up loving it but its really quite silly at first.

I watched Kara no Kyoukai Mirai Fukuin last night and was super disappointed with it. The music, the characters, the story and even the animation - everything felt like it was not as good as the previous films.

jman2050

Nisekoi 9

I keep forgetting how much of all this stuff is either Shu's or Claude's fault.

Also Based Shaft doing Based Shaft things.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I watched Kara no Kyoukai Mirai Fukuin last night and was super disappointed with it. The music, the characters, the story and even the animation - everything felt like it was not as good as the previous films.

Sounds about right. The feel of the entire movie felt extremely out of place considering everything that preceded it was something supernatural and odd. This just felt... too normal.

Like I told kayos, I saw it as fan service. First half is side story and second 'half' is the "where they are now". Nothing really special. Imho they fucked up by not focusing more on the main cast considering it's to be the final movie. Instead they introduced more side characters that took the most screen time.

kayos90

Like I told kayos, I saw it as fan service. First half is side story and second 'half' is the "where they are now". Nothing really special. Imho they fucked up by not focusing more on the main cast considering it's to be the final movie. Instead they introduced more side characters that took the most screen time.

Side characters also sucked and there was really no interesting plot. The idea of being able to see the future is cool but the story that presented the idea was pretty fucking bad. Also, fuck the bomber.

That's exactly how I took it as, a fan service novel that Nasu wrote to fill in some gaps and show a bit of the future. It wasn't originally adapted for a reason. I'm not sure why you are blaming ufotable like they are responsible for writing it.

kayos90

That's exactly how I took it as, a fan service novel that Nasu wrote to fill in some gaps and show a bit of the future. It wasn't originally adapted for a reason.

I get that. It still sucks that Mirai Fukuin just doesn't stand up to the rest of the movies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Log Horizon Episode 23
Another nice episode of winding down, glad to have more character interaction with everyone, which I love more than anything as some of you know. However things seem to be getting serious near the end and im kinda confused how it got to this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom