• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Jeff

Strike Witches 2 - 02
I've entirely forgotten why they gain animal traits when they use their magic. Also, why their miniature guns works against the enemy when giant canons don't. Presumably magic.

It's kind of odd, at times the show looks oddly competent in it's animation but then the next shot shows some horrendously sloppy CG or awkward middle ground shots.

The gang's all back together now. Shirley still being best but Sakamoto racking up the points for being a boss. Her new VA just isn't the same. :(

Strike Witches 2 - 02
I've entirely forgotten why they gain animal traits when they use their magic.
I'm pretty sure familiars have something to do with it, though that concept was left out of the show for the better since I'm not sure what they would even do. You can see Yoshika's dog familiar in a lot of older art though.
Yoshika_2006.jpg

Strike Witches 2 - 02
Also, why their miniature guns works against the enemy when giant canons don't. Presumably magic.
The magic power of butts and animal ears, yes.

Yeah. I really liked this episode. And surprising how well it all jelled with all the threads it followed in the episode. And of course being a Henrietta/Shiroe shipper, that scene made me smile.

After reading book 6 of log horizon i was quite surprised that the LN writter wasn't involved in the anime show ( or very lightly ) Because it's so faithfull to the book ... i'm so glad that the anime team got it right ...

Speaking of book 6 , it was soooo
GOOOOOOOOD

i mean it's a book
entirely dedicated to akatsuki , with a very strong emphasis on the female cast ... i don't have the words it was trully great read.

Off to read book 7

cajunator

Banned
I'm pretty sure familiars have something to do with it, though that concept was left out of the show for the better since I'm not sure what they would even do. You can see Yoshika's dog familiar in a lot of older art though.

The magic power of butts and animal ears, yes.

that avatar is lookin classy.

Lurky

Strike Witches 2 - 02
I've entirely forgotten why they gain animal traits when they use their magic. Also, why their miniature guns works against the enemy when giant canons don't. Presumably magic.

It's kind of odd, at times the show looks oddly competent in it's animation but then the next shot shows some horrendously sloppy CG or awkward middle ground shots.

The gang's all back together now. Shirley still being best but Sakamoto racking up the points for being a boss. Her new VA just isn't the same. :(

I think that's because originally they wanted to give everyone familiars and that they'd get their traits when transforming. Unless I'm mistaken.

Gazoinks

Log Horizon 23

Really nice episode. Much better "slice of life" than the last one. Spent a little bit of time with everyone, and it was nice seeing some people we haven't seen for a while (Naotsugu and Nyanta). Looks like we're starting another arc, wonder if it's gonna be short or they're going to end the season on a cliffhanger. I really need another season please. This show is just so enjoyable.

They need to stop teasing HenriettaxShiroe when it will never happen despite being the best pairing.

So okay, while Thor:TDW may not be a good movie and may not have been one of the better purchases I've made.

Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston are still incredibly handsome men and it was worth seeing them together again.

CorvoSol

So okay, while Thor:TDW may not be a good movie and may not have been one of the better purchases I've made.

Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston are still incredibly handsome men and it was worth seeing them together again.

Chris Hemsworth is my not even secret man crush. Have you seen his muscles? Dude is all muscles and beard.

Ace of Diamond Episode 22
BiQHcGyCIAAAFeI.png

Wow pretty awesome episode. The soundtrack songs for the songs while the match is going on fits well. Im still way too used to the Yamato themes and others from Oofuri, but the ones here especially that Aim and Swing one are perfect. I hope we get even more variety for the episodes. Definitely awesomely intense and wonderful Furuya shocking all.

Mushishi 1
I started to watch this in preparation for the next season. The show seems pretty interesting though there is a lot that needs to be explain like who is Ginko and the Mushi seem very mysterious. I was a pretty nice episode though with the grandson and grandmother now living together

Garden of Sinners 1

Da fuck did I just watch? It was very beautiful and the music was great but that story was uhhh and the plot bounced all over the god damn place. Guess I'll have to watch the rest to understand what's going on

Lurky

Garden of Sinners 1

Da fuck did I just watch? It was very beautiful and the music was great but that story was uhhh and the plot bounced all over the god damn place. Guess I'll have to watch the rest to understand what's going on

Don't even pay attention to the story. Just enjoy the awesome action scenes.

Link Man

Banned
Usagi Drop 9

Such a cute episode, and not even because of Rin, but rather the budding relationship between Daikichi and Kouki's mother (it's bad that I can't recall her name :| ).

Lurky

Usagi Drop 9

Such a cute episode, and not even because of Rin, but rather the budding relationship between Daikichi and Kouki's mother (it's bad that I can't recall her name :| ).

I hope you're enjoying bunny drop. It's a really good show. And no it's fine that you can't recall her name. I never remembered her name the entire time I watched the show.

Gazoinks

Garden of Sinners 1

Yeah, I didn't think the writing held up at all in the three movies I watched. Sure does look nice though.

Branduil

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 16-17

Hahaha

The Garden of Sinners 1

id6L0TkdL6duT.gif

This odd and convoluted pacing, these flat characters, this empty philosophizing that obfuscates rather than clarifies, this non sequitur-filled dialogue... is this the famed Nasu writing that I've heard so much about?

cajunator

Banned
I think that's because originally they wanted to give everyone familiars and that they'd get their traits when transforming. Unless I'm mistaken.

Whatever the reason it worked out for the best :D

It sounded worse than drunk karaoke. :(

I disagree lol. However you would appreciate Christina biancos version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1us197eB6gQ

Oh yes, I'm enjoying it. It's a sweet drop for when life is bitter.

Yep it definitely is. So is Acchi Kocchi and Hidamari Sketch.
They are anime salve.

Lurky

Whatever the reason it worked out for the best :D

Well I like it much better this way too. With familiars, the amount of characters would double and Erica would never get any screen time. Poor girl has to share the only episodes she gets in the show.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Steins;Gate OVA
The good shit, I loved it. Reminds me of the first 10 episodes of just friends fucking around.

CorvoSol

Usagi Drop 9

Kouki-kun's mom and Daikichi are probably one of my favorite anime couples.

Space Dandy:
Possibly the best episode yet. It had some great sincere moments, as well as some good comedy from the way the characters were reacting to the situations, especially in the second half of the episode. The visuals and music also did a really good job of evoking that specific feel that this episode was going for, and in many ways paying homage to. It was nice to get a little deeper into Meow's motivations and past. And the narrator was pretty much on point the whole time.

Moaradin

I feel like the best way to watch Space Dandy is to wait for reactions here and pick and choose which episodes to watch.

Every episode so far has been the best and the worst episode simultaneously according to the comments. So it's kinda hard to do that.

This week's episode is legit great though.

Space Dandy 10
Definitely one of the better episodes. Loved the
narrator breaking the 4th wall to get episode going. Now only if they did that in Haruhi

Jintor

Space Dandy 10
Definitely one of the better episodes. Loved the
narrator breaking the 4th wall to get episode going. Now only if they did that in Haruhi

unfortunately the narrator in haruhi is also a character so he just gets stuffed up by the world too all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom