• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full version of FLAT (hamatora op) is pretty good. Also love the cover colors.
tumblr_n1xemnYefT1skcz65o1_500.jpg

Space dandy - 10

i think i just saw the second 10/10 episode of this show.

i don't want to spoil those who haven't seen it yet ..but i LOVED IT.

Better than Endless Eight ? Better than endless eight !

BluWacky

Easy when you spend 1 or 2 weeks of your middle school/high school break catching up on all the episodes and having a Sunday routine of watching the newest one.

I think we have different definitions of "easy"! I think I'd go a bit mad watching that much anime in such a concentrated time span, even at the height of my fandom that would be a pretty tall order!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Waiting for PC version so Durant can save us.

( ≖‿≖)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So if to Watch_dog is the new verb to describe a game looking worse every time it is shown, what is the opposite, a game that looks better than all the pre release materials had you believe?

Gazoinks

Tonari no Seki-kun 10

By the end of this series there's just going to be a giant chain of people reacting to other people reacting to Yokoi reacting to Seki-kun. Good episode.

So if to Watch_dog is the new verb to describe a game looking worse every time it is shown, what is the opposite, a game that looks better than all the pre release materials had you believe?

There were plenty during last gen. For example God of War III looked better with each build. Even the demo and actual retail version had pretty huge differences as the demo was based on the older build.

I was going to say that but I could almost feel darkside's rolling eyes piercing the back of my head if I posted a positive Nintendo comment.

Like Metal Gear Solid 3 on the 3DS?

So you picked the worst one ( and possiblity only exception ? ) on purpose ?

Anyway Ports don't count obviously.

Clannad: After Story 15

Nice episode. Kind of sweet but also kind of sad. Akio once again proves he is the best person in this show, in both comedy and drama. Nagisa only knows a single song.

Nagisa gon' die

Did I miss your review of episode 14? Hmmm...

Anyways..... :]

Dango song/ Nagisa's Theme = best song

You'll come around.

You're reaching the emotional stretch of episodes. This show goes in for a bang and ends with a slight whimper

I promised someone I would be nice today so that last part of your sentence I am going to let go.

Oh yeah. Now we get to the really interesting parts.

:3

*owned Vita, 3DS, PS3 version of MGS3. Almost considered the PS2 version despite not having a PS2*

I love problems when they're not awful problems.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda - 08

And here I was, about to
ship these two together for a possible hatesex pairing, only to find out that they're sisters.

As if that's going to stop me. #yolo

ZkfkwIV.jpg

D-Frag! 1

Could have just ignored his instincts and walked away from the fire.

Would have saved him from all the trouble he will find himself in and all the various retorts he would make.

Maybe even gotten him a somewhat normal high school life.

But alas, it was not meant to be.

Course he wouldn't have met his future wife (Hint: She's not in the picture), so things balance out for him.

Gazoinks

Did I miss your review of episode 14? Hmmm...

Anyways..... :]

Dango song/ Nagisa's Theme = best song

You'll come around.

Haha, I don't have anything against the song, I just find it kind of funny that it appears to be literally the only song she knows. Girl loves her dango.

Cwarrior

Personally, most modern shounen series, like One Piece and Naruto (can't really comment Hunter x Hunter, as I've never read it) suffer from the authors thinking that they're greater than they actually are.

There's way too much focus on character motivations and backstory for something that'll just end in super powered fisticuffs anyway. Although one can say that it means the characters are more developed than Dragonball's, their development still isn't anything special, so the slow pacing seems mostly unnecessary and doesn't add much to the series.

A lot of the greatest moments in One piece & Hunter x hunter have nothing to do with fisticuffs/fighting at all, what some of theses authors have realized is that they can aim higher by providing a lot more then just a series of fights.They can engross their reader through the worlds they build, make the reader connect with characters by giving them there own proper story & relevant goals,engaged the reader with exciting plot developments & surprises, move the reader with touching character drama(which is more effective when readers already feel they know these character thanks to proper screen time/character arc) and that fights are lot more satisfying & engaging with proper build up.

People may come into One piece or HxH for the fights but end up getting a lot more then they expected,the story is really the main draw with the fights only being enhanced by it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So you picked the worst one ( and possiblity only exception ? ) on purpose ?
It was a pretty significant difference. It didn't help that they released the HD ports at the same time making the 3DS version basically redundant. If they kept to the original vision it could have at least be seen as equal if not better than the HD ports. Since I didn't follow the developments of MGS1,2 and 3 I can't really comment. I didn't play MGS4 but if I recall the first trailer did look better than the later ones.

Personally, most modern shounen series, like One Piece and Naruto (can't really comment Hunter x Hunter, as I've never read it) suffer from the authors thinking that they're greater than they actually are.

There's way too much focus on character motivations and backstory for something that'll just end in super powered fisticuffs anyway. Although one can say that it means the characters are more developed than Dragonball's, their development still isn't anything special, so the slow pacing seems mostly unnecessary and doesn't add much to the series.

I think with shounen, character development is rarely intricate and complex but since the series' are usually so long the characters develop slowly giving viewers a feeling of growing with them. I certainly feel more attached and am sure many others do as well.

DominoKid

Kuroko's Basketball S2 22

tumblr_n26c61s4k81tnsis0o1_400.gif

Looks like shit is about to get real next week.

This week was pretty good. Teppei balling so hard he passed out. Excited to see what Kagami has in store for the 4th quarter.

I bought it. And the PS2 version. And the PSVita version.

I . . . might have a problem.
No you're fine .
as someone you bought the first version , the director cut version , the ps3 and the vita version , i think you're fine.

Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda - 08

And here I was, about to
ship these two together for a possible hatesex pairing, only to find out that they're sisters.

As if that's going to stop me. #yolo
It's not a problem at all

? i don't see the relation .. the game visual quality went up since the first reveal in 06. and by that i mean the trailer that was showcasing gameplay

-------------------
Hapiness charge Precure - 03

So Sdburton ennemy arrived ! Wait that's just a childhood friend.
Anyway the episode was alright , i have no problem with a lead that is too honest as long as we're far from aida mana terirtory. And it's great that the possible problems about relationships were cleared up quickly.
BUT
Happiness.Charge.Precure.03.jpg

Viva flamenco !!!
"OLE"

Ok that was awesome... There are still hints of teamwork that need to be higher but overall that was alright .. Too bad about the Cgs , at least i can hope that it's because they will showcase as much clothing as possible.

Cwarrior

Donkey kong jungle beat, had a huge upgrade in graphics compared to it's original E3 reveal.

Kuroko's Basketball S2 22

tumblr_n26c61s4k81tnsis0o1_400.gif

Looks like shit is about to get real next week.

This week was pretty good. Teppei balling so hard he passed out. Excited to see what Kagami has in store for the 4th quarter.

I don't know. Murasakibara just doesnt seem like he really has anything else interesting to show. Aomine even gave up hopes on Yosen winning. If anything, I think Himuro may be the one to really salvage and perhaps strike back against Seiren.

For the sports series this week, Kurobas episode felt less intense and least one to really feel like things will get real next week, unlike Diaya Ace and Yowapeda.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
One of my favourite new words I learnt recently (well a few months ago) is 'boondoggle'.
to do work of little or no practical value merely to keep or look busy.

Tenumi

Banned
MGS3 is great, and the only MGS that I really, really liked.

...Uh, I actually haven't really watched anything notable in a while. Just making an appearance.

CorvoSol

You just learned this one ?.. you're only learning that now because you don't have an anime avatar on foroms .

You know, I've often considered it a great waste that I never bother to splice another face into my avatar. That's how the image was originally, and it'd be funny for some months. But I tend to just leave it the way Hot Cold Man made it.

CorvoSol

Can somebody explain to me what Melody of Oblivion's deal is? I can't really put it into words. I know character design sucks, the plot is what it is, the unfortunate fact that the monsters only ever do their weird bondage mecha monster moments with busty young women, and dialogue is utterly meaningless (literally one part of this episode went "Sky blue blue sky sky blue sky blue blue like the blue sky blue blue blue") and sometimes you get wacky shit like the bull bus.

But I don't know. There's something about why all of this sucks as a whole that I can't put my finger on.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
It's not a problem at all

Nakama!

=============================================

Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda - 09

I was hoping Renge would
find out about Egret. Here's hoping more comes from that.

And what the hell is up with that scene of
Yasu speeding past White Falcon? Keep that scumbag away from her! ;_;

I've never heard of the term either lol.
Then you're a clean soul that stayed clear of the numerous infamous one sided discussion on the gaming side .

Congrtaulations !

Can somebody explain to me what Melody of Oblivion's deal is? I can't really put it into words. I know character design sucks, the plot is what it is, the unfortunate fact that the monsters only ever do their weird bondage mecha monster moments with busty young women, and dialogue is utterly meaningless (literally one part of this episode went "Sky blue blue sky sky blue sky blue blue like the blue sky blue blue blue") and sometimes you get wacky shit like the bull bus.

But I don't know. There's something about why all of this sucks as a whole that I can't put my finger on.

Melody of oblivion is an anime you can't understand untill you see the final episode.
I'm not saying that you'll get a shylaman twist that will make everything better ..but you'll get an ending you won't forget.
MoO sucks BUT there is this thing , this journey across it that is just spectacular once you reach the end.

I'm not sure how action series ending in super powered fisticuffs undermines or contradicts character development. Do you think fights can't be meaningful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom