• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vito

Banned
This Witchcraft Works spread is just too good not to post, I just hope it gets reprinted somewhere without all the text. (source most of the latest batch of mags are text heavy though)

I caught up with the manga but now I'm behind on the anime *sigh* The manga does have prettier color spreads, while the anime seems to be a better adaptation of the story.... dat Mizushima magic. So I guess, I could say I like the manga but love the anime.

Dunno why, but I'm watching Strike Witches right now. I get why Hartmann is in this, considering he's the Ace of Aces - and he wasn't actually a nazi, which is why he was a high ranking officer in the post-war Luftwaffe as well (same thing with Barkhorn and Rall, the second and third most successful fighter pilots of all time), but they actually have Rudel in this as well!? Japan really doesn't give a fuck. Rudel was definitely one of the greatest pilots of all time, but he was also completely insane and a nazi to the bone.
Humi ain't care, every pilot in the war should be turned into a cutie or handsome witch.

Pooya

Noragami 10
it's time for final plot, it kinda sucks that the anime is its own self contained thing, there is no hope for more after the remaining two episodes :( it was fun while it lasted. there is still another OAD. I will miss all the characters.

1394405772-1.jpg

Eusis

I'm sure more people have switched over to the manga at this point. Reading 700 chapters at around 3-5ish minutes each would take a lot less time than watching 600 episodes at 20 minutes each (10-15 in the later episodes because of recaps).
This is why I gave up on watching Bleach even with filler factored out and why I couldn't care less about following most anime based on a long running shonen series. Unless it's going to wrap itself up relatively fast or it's supposed to be a really good adaption it just seems like a waste of time even when it's not dragging things out like the lowest points of DBZ did.

Pani Poni Dash! 15

So many videogame references.

Class 1-C is in some trouble now. And it's not made better when a giant enemy crab shows up. Good thing Ichijou's little sister is there to help. Poor Himeko can't get any food either. Itadakimahoho.

cnet128

Banned
Buddy Complex 10

In which we are treated to best girl becoming even bestgirl-er thanks to delicious civilian clothes. Also plenty of Fiona, so that's extra win. For a DTL show, this show sure isn't neglecting its excellent femchars =p

Meanwhile Dio sulks because his dad doesn't approve of his husbando.

Noragami 10
it's time for final plot, it kinda sucks that the anime is its own self contained thing, there is no hope for more after the remaining two episodes :( it was fun while it lasted. there is still another OAD. I will miss all the characters.

I doubt the anime will end in such a way to prevent more of the manga to be adapted in another season down the line, should the producers desire it.

Noragami 10

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/10/1394405772-1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Nope its not. The manga is still ongoing.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Tonari no Seki-kun Episode 10:

Yep, golf is still a boring sport, but what really made the episode was somebody else having a wilder imagination and also potentially being a yuri love interest, that does seem to be in season this season. Still not worth losing the ED over though.

Pooya

I doubt the anime will end in such a way to prevent more of the manga to be adapted in another season down the line, should the producers desire it.

true but I think if there was any intention of making more they'd be just adapting the manga and not having an original plot for the anime instead, it's not something that would sell huge numbers either, it's made to sell a somewhat low profile manga and that's it and its probably successful at that.

Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 22 – What You Want To Protect

This arc is way better than any Magi arc before it, the climax and potential resolution was nothing I had even imagined and the music, the music must be commended. That one piano track for Titus and then the one song that is always used to signify something potentially big happening were used perfectly.

And then her voice when she got all caught up in the great feelings of welcoming that entity as it prepared to land, best moment. I didnt expect named characters like Titus and Mogamettet would die for the sacrifice of these ulterior purposes.

true but I think if there was any intention of making more they'd be just adapting the manga and not having an original plot for the anime instead, it's not something that would sell huge numbers either, it's made to sell a somewhat low profile manga and that's it and its probably successful at that.

I'm sure there wasn't any initial intention of making a second season - and so I'm hopeful that the anime-original material will allow Noragami to end on a solid conclusive note instead of dangling in mid-air like the majority of manga adaptations do. But the substantial boost in manga sales that the anime has caused could convince the producers to fund another season; you never know.

In any case, I'm always of the opinion that it's best to end early and well if you can instead of not ending or ending too late.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Goto and Mari are OTP, man. His girlfriend who lives in Canada can't compete.

The problem with this statement is that it suggests there is just one true pairing when involved with Mari and this is one reason why she is my most hated anim character in a long while.

D-Frag! 3

Opening: Fine for the show, but not something I would ever put in a list of Best OP's
Ending: Okay. Fan of the TV viewing and chibi's.

Miracle of the universe up there.

Forgot how good Chitose looks in that bunny costume.

Now if only she would have put her hair up for that ponytail.

CorvoSol

The problem with this statement is that it suggests there is just one true pairing when involved with Mari and this is one reason why she is my most hated anim character in a long while.

Is there anyone else Mari can even be reasonably paired with? I mean, I'd've said Masayoshi but not since
Mari started living in Goto's closet
, and while Flamenco Sapphire WISHES she could be paired with her, pretty obvs that Mari don't reciprocate.

Flamenco Sapphire's chances with Mari are about as concrete as
Goto's chances with his cellphone.

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkann - Episode 7

Now we get to the main plot of the series, sorting out Tourbillon's thorns. It makes you think what made Tourbillon's grandchildren to leave like that even though she gave them so much love.

Also I've noticed that Maho-dou isn't really getting much in the way of business so far this series. Dela's going to make them bankrupt really quickly if things keep up like this.

Tonari no Seki-kun: The Master of Killing Time Episode 10

Was surprised that something could be even more boring than both knitting and desk polishing combined. It would have been exciting if Uzawa had come to take part in art class though.

Episode just really made me wish for some Mario Golf World Tour to hurry and for a Hot Shots Golf ps4.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Is there anyone else Mari can even be reasonably paired with? I mean, I'd've said Masayoshi but not since
Mari started living in Goto's closet
, and while Flamenco Sapphire WISHES she could be paired with her, pretty obvs that Mari don't reciprocate.

Flamenco Sapphire's chances with Mari are about as concrete as
Goto's chances with his cellphone.

Yes, Flamenco Sapphire is a perfectly viable pairing, indeed the way Mari treat Moe is another reason I have grown to hate her. I do not and have never seen why Goto and Mari were viable. There is no actual feelings of love here, Goto told her flat out she wasn't interested and she didn't get that message. She peruses him out of the most shallow of interests and probably because she isn't used to rejection. Meanwhile poor Moe is actually in love with Mari and she treats her like shit because her actual emotions cause her to be a better person and Mari can't stand that because she knows what it makes her look like. It all comes back to Mari's god damned self-absorption, indeed, she may be wholly incapable of kindness and one of the most truly evil people on this show. If there is a One True Pairing, it is Mari and Moe because there some actual emotion there, Mari-Goto can go fuck right off, Goto does not deserve that fate.
His fucking phone was the better choice.

Mr.Jeff

Strike Witches 2 - 03
I...uh...what.
Broomsticks. I'm sure the person that thought of this episode must have got a promotion or at least a second cup ramen.

Once again the animators expended a lot of time getting the detail on certain shots which I can't post due to the new No-Butts™ regime and then for stuff like the Neuroi ship, they just whipped something up in 5 minutes.

It also occurs to me that somewhere underneath this, there's probably the makings of a fairly average show with this kind of plot. It's kind of thrown out the window a lot by other things though.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
No it isn't. Don't be absurd.

It is and I will hear no other. Honestly, I hope Mari ends up cold and alone at the end, a fitting punishment but there is no way in hell I am going to see Mari-Goto as anything as forced and contrite at best.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Lancastar is also every bit as industrious as pre-Thatcher Lancaster too.
Another reason why I found it so funny. I don't know how intentional it was to have a grotty depressing factory ridden planet named after a place in the north of England but they got it down to a t.
If I recall there is a case of Union Flag watch with an incorrectly coloured one in their classroom.

Nobunaga The Fool Episode 9 The Moon
tumblr_n271byO0h61qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_n271byO0h61qbxqfpo2_500.png

I have to imagine that someday Hide and even Mitsu could get their own War Armors and hopefully sooner than later. It has to happen if Ranmaru can even end up with one. And with how many Regalia we have seen so far they must get one too.
though the preview seems to suggest that maybe Hide will get one next episode, unless thats just a standard machine

Nobu's speech was my favorite part of the episode, pumped me up and got me fired up for more. The oda name wont go down ever and will rule the earth and the heavens.

cajunator

Banned
Gravity

Great movie. Enjoyed the story with themes of
loss and rebirth
, and the visual effects were really good. The use of 3D in this movie was some of, if not the, best I've seen. Great use of music and sound. Dunno if it's that anime though. Seemed to be a bit videogame too if one want to do these kinds of comparisons.

All in all I give it 3/5 anime + 2/5 videogame, so 5/5 in total:
vFXr21T.png
vFXr21T.png
vFXr21T.png
6SINR5L.png
6SINR5L.png

Going to watch it tonight. Im pretty excited. Firehawks reputation is on the line.

zeroshiki

I was watching Joe Hisaishi accept the award for best musical score in the Japanese Academy Awards and he (referencing Mamoru Samuragouchi) said "Just to make sure, I want everyone to know I can read musical notes and play instruments". :lol

NeonZ

Urusei Yatsura - 84
I? What? Killer potatoes? Now I know why it's better to go to the run down inns than Mendou's family's mountain lodge.

It was amusing how the last run down inn episode before that one actually set up it, with Mendou saying that they should stop listening to Ataru and just go to one of their private mountain mansions... and then when we finally get the mountain lodge episode... it's that.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Happiness Charge Precure - 05

UXS2SNo.png

:sdburton

Yuuko should've been a mom. Her maturity far exceeds that of Hime and Megumi and she has that motherly aura whenever she's interacting with our blue haired princess. What a wasted opportunity for a barrier to be broken. :lol

I think it's safe to say that if the first season of a show gets a predominantly negative reaction, few people will tune into the second season.

Well that is also understandable. Just came to my mind because if I remember right first season had quite following here. Dat ending though.... Hopefully they are not pulling any filler endings with this (so far so good with three eps to go).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom