• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Gravity

anime not quite saved.
amazing effects. Some REALLY reality stretching scenes but overall it was entertaining.
all the satellites going down would permanently cripple modern communications as we know them.
8/10.

Jintor

Cardfight Vanguard! 01-02

oh my god it's like I'm back in the 90s all over again.

This highly expository theme tune has some inexplicably really metal parts to it.

I can't believe I watched two episodes of this just because I wanted to see how the first card battle turned out. lol. The card game seems pretty well thought out (I assume it's based on an actual card game) but the show is kinda boring.

Crocodile

anime being handled by Gonzo. Get hype!

This reminded me of something

Glass Fleet 1

I have heard the horror stories surrounding this show though I was a bit hesitant to believe it could really be that bad. I say the first episode a while back and boy was it shit. Shit animation, shit writing, shit art, a nonsensical world setting (we have space travel but we move around in horsebuggies on an asteroid or something during the middle of a large space battle) etc. I'm hesitant to talk too much shit about people and situations I frankly don't know very well (or at all) but this felt like a production produced without any quantity of heart, soul or joy. Like a bunch of people were strapped to their desks and forced to produce this for fear of a headshot (or more "realistically" starvation). Something produced not because anybody WANTED to make something but just for the sake of saying they were making something. I had always assumed this was an adaptation of some shit manga/LN that got way more popular than it had any right to be but to learn that it was an original production speaks volumes of the complete lack of imagination of the people who inhabited Gonzo at the time. How did that studio get any work (I assume it was because they were cheap but still :/)? I'm going to have to review the staff list for Gankutsou closely because I dunno how that show and this show could be produced by the same studio O_O

Glass Fleet 1 Abridged

This honestly isn't much better than the real deal :/

Cardfight Vanguard! 01-02

oh my god it's like I'm back in the 90s all over again.

This highly expository theme tune has some inexplicably really metal parts to it.

I can't believe I watched two episodes of this just because I wanted to see how the first card battle turned out. lol. The card game seems pretty well thought out (I assume it's based on an actual card game) but the show is kinda boring.

You should stick with it as the cardfights get rather intense once a few more mechanics are introduced and interesting characters play beyond this intro match, dub especially (Morikawa, Kyo Crush Rush, Dr. O, etc)

Cardfight!! Vanguard is a growing TCG in the offline world. Should be tons of the commercials for the TCG on youtube.

Branduil

Glass Fleet 1

I have heard the horror stories surrounding this show though I was a bit hesitant to believe it could really be that bad. I say the first episode a while back and boy was it shit. Shit animation, shit writing, shit art, a nonsensical world setting (we have space travel but we move around in horsebuggies on an asteroid or something during the middle of a large space battle) etc. I'm hesitant to talk too much shit about people and situations I frankly don't know very well (or at all) but this felt like a production produced without any quantity of heart, soul or joy. Like a bunch of people were strapped to their desks and forced to produce this for fear of a headshot (or more "realistically" starvation). Something produced not because anybody WANTED to make something but just for the sake of saying they were making something. I had always assumed this was an adaptation of some shit manga/LN that got way more popular than it had any right to be but to learn that it was an original production speaks volumes of the complete lack of imagination of the people who inhabited Gonzo at the time. How did that studio get any work (I assume it was because they were cheap but still :/)? I'm going to have to review the staff list for Gankutsou closely because I dunno how that show and this show could be produced by the same studio O_O

Glass Fleet 1 Abridged

Gonzo benefited from existing during the heyday of anime when people were just throwing money(granted, not much money) at studios to allow them to make crap that no one cared about.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Tonari no Seki-kun - 09 &10

Yokoi had me rolling with the knitting episode. With her badass level 2 knitting skill she's like, "Do you even knit bro?" before
succumbing to Seki's broken character with him being able to do anything effortlessly. :lol

It was nice to see them mix things up a bit by bringing in a new character for episode 10. Give me more Goto!

Crocodile

Gonzo benefited from existing during the heyday of anime when people were just throwing money(granted, not much money) at studios to allow them to make crap that no one cared about.

Yeah I suppose that makes sense and corresponds to much of the shit that got imported and the terrible 3-4 episodes per disc model of the early 2000s anime industry. Plus, again, I'm assuming they were a cheap studio to hire compared to others. Their name used to be everywhere back in the day and while they did produce a few gems, their shit to quality ratio has to be the worst of any "major" studio.

Furyous

Wizard Barristers

Does anyone else feel sorry for the mail cop? It has to suck knowing your partner will hate you when she finds out your true nature.

You should stick with it as the cardfights get rather intense once a few more mechanics are introduced and interesting characters play beyond this intro match, dub especially (Morikawa, Kyo Crush Rush, Dr. O, etc)

Cardfight!! Vanguard is a growing TCG in the offline world. Should be tons of the commercials for the TCG on youtube.

do more mechanics get thrown in to spice things up? Seems like games play out roughly the same until everyone is at 4-5 damage.

Just got to when they throw in limit breaks, but that just seems like a minor damage boost buff.

Jewelpet Tinkle 03

AsplP7zl.jpg

More introductions, this time on the magic side.

Nice to see more Jewelpets get introduced and how lessons at magic school works.

Soriku

Kuroko no Basket S2 22
582px-PG_Kiyoshi.png

Murasakibara's talent vs Kiyoshi's willpower is the battle this episode.

Kiyoshi has awoken the monster at the end of the episode.

I'm glad Kiyoshi's getting some exposure this game. During the Touou game I thought he kinda slipped into the background, but he's back now.

SDBurton

Engaged to the Unidentified - 09

Looked like
Kobeni and Hakuya was almost in the clear. Will Benio seriously step up to the plate and try to prevent this relationship from proceeding any further. Let's hope!

CorvoSol

Glass Fleet 1

Glass Fleet 1 Abridged

Don't due this to yourself. Glass Fleet is so baaaaaad. And not even good bad.

Samurai Flamenco 7

I...I did not expect that.

Let me just rewatch this ep one more time. What's the step above a tonal shift.

Welcome to the jungle.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
http://i.minus.com/ib0NVLCTRmo5Yz.jpg
http://i.minus.com/i5cjmch0QO5mg.jpg

Can anyone comment on whether or not Shakespeare is universally regarded as a literary titan in Japan the same way that he is in English-speaking countries? He wasn't exactly a cornerstone of Japan's cultural development the way that he was in England, so I could actually understand if being taught in schools or having even basic knowledge of Shakespeare quotes is less common there. It's not like UK/American schools are making anyone read The Tale of Genji.

Eusis

Can anyone comment on whether or not Shakespeare is universally regarded as a literary titan in Japan the same way that he is in English-speaking countries? He wasn't exactly a cornerstone of Japan's cultural development the way that he was in England, so I could actually understand if being taught in schools or having even basic knowledge of Shakespeare quotes is less common there. It's not like UK/American schools are making anyone read The Tale of Genji.
There was a Romeo and Juliet Ranma story, but that was about as accurate as an average 5 year old's interpretation of the Mona Lisa. Less actually.

SDBurton

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren - 09

VMQTONm.png
Z9lNsl6.png

KyoAni knows what OTP the people really care about!

As I figured would happen
Satone suddenly realizes she still has feelings for Yuuta.
Incoming drama train. But in more important news:

The queen has returned! #basedTouka

Wizard Barristers 9
So a near pointless investigation done by her and Wizards are starting to become less discriminated against though clearly that radical group thinks calling Lucifer the best way for this situation. WHERE IS THE ACE ATTORNEY STUFF I ORIGINALLY WATCHED THIS SHOW FOR?

Wizard Barristers 9
So a near pointless investigation done by her and Wizards are starting to become less discriminated against though clearly that radical group thinks calling Lucifer the best way for this situation. WHERE IS THE ACE ATTORNEY STUFF I ORIGINALLY WATCHED THIS SHOW FOR?

But the show had all this stuff in the first few episodes I watched. When was it ever something else?

1390846334310zijzq.gif

D-Frag! 4

WHY did they cut out the Takao chase sequence?

That entire part is where she starts developing feelings for Kazama.

Annoyed that they also cut out Water's talk with him.

She only has 2-3 important parts in the entire series and that was one of them.

Just started reading the manga because I'm loving this show and you're completely right, they shoulda kept that chapter, love them pitfall traps :D

Takao 4 lyfe

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren - 09

As I figured would happen
Satone suddenly realizes she still has feelings for Yuuta.
Incoming drama train. But in more important news:

The queen has returned! #basedTouka
How did you get your tag lol

Link Man

Banned
Bunny Drop END

So I ended up watching the last two episodes together, and feel that the way they ended it was just about perfect. This was such a cute show, and I loved that it shows that a parent grows just as much as their child. If I did have one criticism, it's that the show seems a bit too rosy, focusing mostly on the joys of parenting rather than the stresses.

Thoraxes

Let's hope!

Good pick!
===========================================

No-Rin - 08

Lam1Fjf.png
Lam1Fjf.png
Lam1Fjf.png
Lam1Fjf.png
Lam1Fjf.png

Becky focused episode that shot her up to the #1 spot on my list of best Christmas Cakes of all time. So many scenes worth posting but so easily bannable. Anyone who have not seen this show yet DO IT NOW.

I was at work and...

Ohhhh shiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttt I neeeeeeeeeeeed thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssss

Quasar

Bunny Drop END

So I ended up watching the last two episodes together, and feel that the way they ended it was just about perfect. This was such a cute show, and I loved that it shows that a parent grows just as much as their child. If I did have one criticism, it's that the show seems a bit too rosy, focusing mostly on the joys of parenting rather than the stresses.

That was one nitpick for me. Another was Rin seemed to adult, to mature. Not much like a child. And that's the primary reason why I preferred Aishiteruze Baby. The kid there felt much more like a real child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom