• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Seitokai Yakuindomo* (Season 2) - 09

Seriously, Hata is the best character outside of the main cast. While sensei is awesome and definitely in my top faves, her jokes are inconsistent in contrast to the journalism psycho who can get draw a laugh out of you at her every appearance.

Uomi, no contest.

(Even though she's kind of just alternate reality Shino)

1390846334310zijzq.gif

D-Frag! 4

WHY did they cut out the Takao chase sequence?

That entire part is where she starts developing feelings for Kazama.

Annoyed that they also cut out Water's talk with him.

She only has 2-3 important parts in the entire series and that was one of them.

Happiness Charge Precure - 05

Yuuko should've been a mom. Her maturity far exceeds that of Hime and Megumi and she has that motherly aura whenever she's interacting with our blue haired princess. What a wasted opportunity for a barrier to be broken. :lol

i think that can still happen . She can be the "mother" or the one with the motherly feel of the group.

Seeing as HIme can't resist now the "candies" i'm not that worried.

-------------------
Tonari no seki-kun - 10
This was the misunderstanding this anime needed.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Sakura Trick 9

Plus: Kaede and Yuzu got their own segment, and it was great.

Minus: Where the hell were Kotone and Shizuku?

Meh: The entire first segment.

cajunator

Banned
It's time for war. Pick your side!

I'd love to see what comes of this, if anything at all.

SDBurton declares his allegiance to #iDOLM@STER

Ah, that's unfortunate.

I choose Idolm@ster. Its actually the only one Ive seen of the group anyway.

Dunno why, but I'm watching Strike Witches right now. I get why Hartmann is in this, considering he's the Ace of Aces - and he wasn't actually a nazi, which is why he was a high ranking officer in the post-war Luftwaffe as well (same thing with Barkhorn and Rall, the second and third most successful fighter pilots of all time), but they actually have Rudel in this as well!? Japan really doesn't give a fuck. Rudel was definitely one of the greatest pilots of all time, but he was also completely insane and a nazi to the bone.

Equal opportunity hnng.

Humi ain't care, every pilot in the war should be turned into a cutie or handsome witch.

Damned right. There are still people and things in the world not turned into cute girls. This has to be rectified.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Sekai Seifuku 9

Best episode of the show thus far. Also best episode of anything (I'm currently watching) this season.

- Dem hot springs tho
- Are...are they implying that Goro totally gave himself a heart attack from eating too much?
- Grandpa vs Grandma fight was hype. Wish we'd gotten to see the outcome.
- Err...are they trying to imply that Kate has FEELINGS for Asuta? 'Cause that's a bit creepy if so.
- MONKEYS
- Even though I wish Natasha had a bigger role this week, I...can't really complain.
- Everyone knows who everyone is now! Well, not really, but some important revelations were, er...revealed.
- So uh...is Odin banging Falcon/Asuta's obvious sister?
- Aw shit, dat preview. Shit gettin' real.

I hate that there's only three episodes left. This feels like a show that needs two cours. I don't see how they're going to wrap everything up and lead into the ending that the opening of the first episode promised with the time they have left.

And yeah, I agree with what was stated in this thread earlier. Secret best show of the season.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
i think that can still happen . She can be the "mother" or the one with the motherly feel of the group.

Seeing as HIme can't resist now the "candies" i'm not that worried.

Let's hope!

I choose Idolm@ster. Its actually the only one Ive seen of the group anyway.

Good pick!
===========================================

No-Rin - 08

Lam1Fjf.png
Lam1Fjf.png
Lam1Fjf.png
Lam1Fjf.png
Lam1Fjf.png

Becky focused episode that shot her up to the #1 spot on my list of best Christmas Cakes of all time. So many scenes worth posting but so easily bannable. Anyone who have not seen this show yet DO IT NOW.

Happiness Charge Precure - 05

Yuuko should've been a mom. Her maturity far exceeds that of Hime and Megumi and she has that motherly aura whenever she's interacting with our blue haired princess. What a wasted opportunity for a barrier to be broken. :lol

She still kind of is a Mom for them. In fact, that's like her group role based on what we were given about her, and she sure did put it on display in 6 because she's fuck awesome like that.

I mean that in the best way possible.... >_> <_<

Haha. ohyou.jpg

See! Mike got it. :p

SPOILERS FOR AFTER STORY DON'T READ GAZOINKS.

Well, he kind of already figured out that Nagisa was going to die, so it might not break him as much as you think it will. Ushio's death scene on the other hand...

Spoilers Gazoinks. DO NOT READ!!

I knew about Nagisa's death pretty early on. I was able to piece that together pretty quickly. It still hit me pretty damn hard knowing what the outcome was going to be which surprised me. I was bawling for a while before I started the next episode not knowing the next two episodes would affect me even more. Ushio's death completely shocked me. The entire time I was going: "They are not doing this to me again! They are not doing this to poor Tomoya again. The poor bastard."

Then the end happened and was extremely happy and satisfied with it. They made all these allusions to the "balls of light" and "the girl in the world which has ended" and the robot remembering something "from another life or past life". So all of that paid off in the end. And the 5 happy minutes of Tomoya, Nagisa and Ushio being a family (yes I counted how long this part of the episode was) brought the final tears of happiness to my eyes.

Man....

I already knew about the first point when watching it the first time thanks to Netflix episode descriptions. It still got me. And then everything else in the later episodes... God damn.

That's how I got spoiled on that part too.

1391449783763guk1m.gif

D-Frag! 5

Please do not bully the Funabori.

She is best wife and deserves to be treated nicely.

Liked the added Takao scene at the end. Doesn't make up for the missing scenes but its at least something.

Dandy teacher makes his appearance as well. His voice suits him so perfectly.

cajunator

Banned
Let's hope!

Good pick!
===========================================

No-Rin - 08

Lam1Fjf.png
Lam1Fjf.png
Lam1Fjf.png
Lam1Fjf.png
Lam1Fjf.png

Becky focused episode that shot her up to the #1 spot on my list of best Christmas Cakes of all time. So many scenes worth posting but so easily bannable. Anyone who have not seen this show yet DO IT NOW.

Becky does look pretty cute but can she top Meme?

diaspora

Witch Craft Works 06

WAIT, was... was she fucking the chemistry teacher in her office? =I

edit: no seems like she was just getting high

diaspora

Honestly, I'd have to say yes.

What? What time is this at because I can't recall that scene at all.

I don't know what the time was exactly but when the former President ran into Kazane's office, she was having a smoke with Kyoichiro's substitution dummy behind her (and his robe on it). It almost looked like she was having a smoke after a quickie and he used substitution to GTFO.

Later in the ep the pres says that Kazane's eyes are red. That plus the smoke makes it seem like she was getting high.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I don't know what the time was exactly but when the former President ran into Kazane's office, she was having a smoke with Kyoichiro's substitution dummy behind her (and his robe on it). It almost looked like she was having a smoke after a quickie and he used substitution to GTFO.

Later in the ep the pres says that Kazane's eyes are red. That plus the smoke makes it seem like she was getting high.

Ahhhh I got to that scene. I took it as the Prez trying to hide the transformed Prof from the student, as one of her responsibilities is to keep the secret of witches attending the school from being discovered.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Urusei Yatsura episodes around 50-something to 62ish

Apart from the animal abuse ep which i didn't like at all, most of these have been really good, the masked ball and space cold in particular were really funny

diaspora

Ahhhh I got to that scene. I took it as the Prez trying to hide the transformed Prof from the student, as one of her responsibilities is to keep the secret of witches attending the school from being discovered.

Maybe, but to a normal person it'd just be a wooden doll imo.

edit: Ayaka's Medusa outfit...
VIUYRjm.png

I'm really not feeling the Mari chick even though I like her sexual orientation.

Best char so far is Cop char.

EDIT:He's so sane and in grip with reality than in this drug induced haze of an anime he's the "special one". Getting Kumagawa-like vibes.

It's all about Moe anyway. DECADENCE

I can't get over the fact that that's actually her name. You can make a character as moe as you want in my anime, just have the decency to not NAME her that! It's a good thing she's cute, otherwise all I'd think about when she's on screen would be this:

PhonePrankInProgress.jpg

Samumenco 6.

plz. No more. It's taking all of my willpower not to pause every 2 seconds and not scream out in embarrassment.

Episode 7 then off to bed. This is stressful in a different way from Sakura Trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom