• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man. So I discovered the actual PV for Vanilla Salt today. One of my favorite anime songs of all time. And...it's just so bad. Yui's all robotic and showing zero emotion and just looks like she absolutely hates being there filming the video. I know you can't really expect a lot from seiyuu who also do anison because singing/performing isn't their main line of work, but man this video is just bad. ;_;

It is 3:30 AM and I'm not even close to scratching the surface.

great-legend-war-all-power-rangers.jpg

Wait no

dark%252520link.jpg

Nobunaga the Fool 9
Meh. This show really isn't doing it for me. And it looks like it's a 20+ episode considering where they currently are in terms of baddies, so... shit I might end up dropping it if next episode doesn't do it for me.

Tonari No Seki-Kun 10

Ok episode, we're introduced to another one of the classmates.

Noragami 10

Good episode, but I'm glad they're getting to the ending, at the pacing the show was going and its over-all tone/feeling, I don't know if I could've done 20+ episodes of this.

Man. So I discovered the actual PV for Vanilla Salt today. One of my favorite anime songs of all time. And...it's just so bad. Yui's all robotic and showing zero emotion and just looks like she absolutely hates being there filming the video. I know you can't really expect a lot from seiyuu who also do anison because singing/performing isn't their main line of work, but man this video is just bad. ;_;

Ugh. That's pretty bad.

Theonik

Another reason why I found it so funny. I don't know how intentional it was to have a grotty depressing factory ridden planet named after a place in the north of England but they got it down to a t.
If I recall there is a case of Union Flag watch with an incorrectly coloured one in their classroom.
Oh I never noticed the union flag, I guess I need to rewatch episode 01. (needed to see the director's cut anyway)

So handsome, and also good friends with [goddess]Perrine[/goddess] in the 501st aftermath which means she has good taste too.
One of the witch designs I'm more fond of really. Also I need to get my hands on the full collection of Humi 'what if...' end of war series of tweets.

I was going to ask where your avatar is from but I got my answer I think.

It's all about Moe anyway. DECADENCE
Deculture.

http://i.imgur.com/VxmJS0F.gif

Hmph! I don't need to stand for this mockery, good day sir!
I should try and get further in Hidamari soon.

The queen has returned! #basedTouka
My favourite part was the fairly large swell of Touka art on my pixiv feed when this happened. So based.

I will find you and shove monster girls in you.
It's the only noble thing to do.

cnet128

Banned
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren 9

iI7z17DiRqD7g.png
itDDiiPDqxXTN.png
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren - 09

VMQTONm.png
Z9lNsl6.png

SNAP! (It was inevitable.)

He likes to ship couples. Ship like spaceship. Cosmonauts...

That's a remarkably convoluted way to justify what is presumably a simple Yuri Gagarin reference.

Heartcatch Precure! 33

ibkiGiyG59hqYY.png

You know, I've been thinking this for a while, but these girls have a real talent. They should forget about the whole fashion thing and just become artists. God I wish I could draw like that.

But yeah, I know we were told that
Yuri had "lost" her fairy partner, but I still wasn't expecting him to have actually died in battle. That's pretty heavy. Her extended period of depression and bitter cynicism seems significantly more justified now. Because, you know, I can't think of any other shows where witnessing a partner die in battle before their eyes resulted in protagonists being traumatised and losing faith in the whole magical girl system. Oh wait.

Other things I wasn't expecting: A mascot voiced by Ishida Akira.

(CURE MOONLIGHT GET)

Gundam Build Fighters 21
It'd be nice if they ended a fight with something other than the build knuckle, fights involving the main pair have been pretty formulaic, or at least the finishes have been. And now that I've caught up I have to wait with the rest of you.

Damn it why is there no season 3 for Birdy Decode. Was actually a really good anime and I feel its quite under rated. That ending was satisfying but also too open :(

cajunator

Banned

This is the best version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eco21t6aOfo

I refuse to read the manga, though.

Good move.

Thoraxes

Recently, My Sister
climaxed
at the
dinner table
while I gave her the
heimlich maneuver, or as they subbed it, abdominal
thrusts (aka Imocho)- 10

Well, that happened.

Jintor

Blue Exorcist Movie

You guys weren't lying about that art. God damn fucking gorgeous. You get this big, sprawling, epic sense of place, especially with all the crazy festival decorations going on. If this is where the series is headed (only watched the 3 toonami episodes so far) count me in, though I kinda feel this was like, a movie-level aberration in quality.

Storywise all the life-memory-kidraising-daily-lives-of-magical-MIB stuff was really fun, although kinda the overall ebb of the movie flowed kind of weirdly and Umataro kinda did basically what I expected (though how he did it kinda just came out of nowhere... well, not entirely out of nowhere, but it was like a sudden extension of power that was kind of inexplicable. Though, I don't know, demons, whatever).

Pretty great though.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gundam Build Fighters Episode 22:

Oh yea, now that Alia is beyond all of that mopey bullshit, she has become tolerable once again. Also, I think the biggest shipper of them all may be Sei's mother.
Anyway, so we kind of a hasty new challenger rivalry that honestly probably would have been better served if it had played out over the course of the tournament. Some insight into the previous Mejin probably wold not have hurt either. The actual gundam battle was alright, certainly better then your average Star Build Strike snorefest, but it just felt like it was lacking something. Though I do like the Trans-AM move and how it works in tandem with the Mejin outfit. Anyway, the fated match is almost at hand, and it looks like the other subplots are coalescing as well.

TheRancor

Blue Exorcist Movie

You guys weren't lying about that art. God damn fucking gorgeous. You get this big, sprawling, epic sense of place, especially with all the crazy festival decorations going on. If this is where the series is headed (only watched the 3 toonami episodes so far) count me in, though I kinda feel this was like, a movie-level aberration in quality.
You can thank art director Shinji Kimura for that.

cajunator

Banned
SNAP! (It was inevitable.)

That's a remarkably convoluted way to justify what is presumably a simple Yuri Gagarin reference.

Heartcatch Precure! 33

But yeah, I know we were told that
Yuri had "lost" her fairy partner, but I still wasn't expecting him to have actually died in battle. That's pretty heavy. Her extended period of depression and bitter cynicism seems significantly more justified now. Because, you know, I can't think of any other shows where witnessing a partner die in battle before their eyes resulted in protagonists being traumatised and losing faith in the whole magical girl system. Oh wait.

Other things I wasn't expecting: A mascot voiced by Ishida Akira.

(CURE MOONLIGHT GET)

You are probably right that its a Yuri reference. I guess its up to interpretation unless the mod who gave it says what it is.

Gundam Build Fighters 22

T̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶d̶o̶m̶ ̶j̶o̶b̶b̶e̶r̶
Yuuki's
opponent came out of nowhere, but it worked well enough for this episode. The battle itself was entertaining and so were the comedy antics at the beginning of the episode.

Andrew J.

Wizard Barristers 9
So a near pointless investigation done by her and Wizards are starting to become less discriminated against though clearly that radical group thinks calling Lucifer the best way for this situation. WHERE IS THE ACE ATTORNEY STUFF I ORIGINALLY WATCHED THIS SHOW FOR?

But Umetsu is terrible at courtroom drama. Didn't you watch the last episode of Galilei Donna?

duckroll

But Umetsu is terrible at courtroom drama. Didn't you watch the last episode of Galilei Donna?

That's why I'm ready to shut my brain off and prepare for an action packed action climax with ANDO storyboarding, UMETSU correcting all the art, and hopefully ABE and HASHIMOTO animating the fuck out of the action and effects.

And then after that there should be one more boring episode of courtroom drama with no action. Lol.

Shergal

That's why I'm ready to shut my brain off and prepare for an action packed action climax with ANDO storyboarding, UMETSU correcting all the art, and hopefully ABE and HASHIMOTO animating the fuck out of the action and effects.

And then after that there should be one more boring episode of courtroom drama with no action. Lol.

The real choice is to just watch that ep for the sakuga and then tap out. I'm pretty sure knowing the context behind the spectacle won't change a single thing.

cnet128

Banned
The tagline on the site reads
Through the glass, I can see tomorrow.

and the text below it says
Heroine: Fukami Touko
A seventeen-year-old from Fukui Prefecture
Her dream: to become a glassworker

Does this mean delicious Fukui-ben? Please say this means delicious Fukui-ben.

At any rate, PA Works making things that look beautiful is always good.

duckroll

Yoshihara will probably direct another show.

I hope he takes his time to plan it well though. One reason they gave as to why Uchoten was able to get talent such as Inoue to work on a TV series again is that they planned stuff way in advance to accommodate his movie schedules. It would be nice to see Yoshihara do something like that again. Not necessarily with Inoue again though. Just something well planned and nicely made. I'm in no rush! :)

Midonin

SoniAni 10

Aside from some brief Hatsune Miku cameos, it's all about Sonico's cat lady tendencies this week. Since, unlike Sketchbook or Tamayura, these cats can only speak as cats do, it was a relatively silent episode. This whole show's had long stretches of silence, and not always for fanservice reasons. I like it. The ending with kitty Sonico was also super adorable.

It's a cute series.

Next time: Sonico Market. And... Christmas?

Westlo

LTTP because I missed out on 100 pages, lol @ uka and touka haterz.

The KLK OST is utter dog shit. It goes from being forgettable to straight out bad. There are some good bits sprinkled throughout the dog shit, which is what ends up in the show.

Then Sawano is going to taint X as well.

Why the fuck isn't Iwasaki getting all of Sawano's work?

Iwasaki da gawd and Sawano is ass but Sawano was fucking killing him during 2010-2011 and it wasn't even close.

Unicorn, Ao no Exorcist, Basara and Guilty Crown

Vs

Katanagatari, C, Heaven's Memo Pad and Ben-To

Iwasaki was seriously slumping (massive dropoff from Gurren Lagann and Soul Eater, massive....) while Sawano was @ his peak. 09-11 Sawana is pretty good imo, it's just everything after Guilty Crown is like a knock off of that soundtrack and I don't see that changing....

Iwasaki has obviously turned it around but it's not like things can change that quickly... but it's good to see Iwasaki get a high profile project again though with Mahouka.

The only one that he did even remotely well in was Attack on Titan. And I think that had more to do with Tetsurō Araki knowing how to use the music effectively.

Da fuck is this? Brah his Unicorn and Ao no Exorcist work shits on that crap he gave us for Titan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom