• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

It did but it wasn't a very conclusive ending. It didn't give me closure but leaves me wanting more and with many questions.

For instance, did Nataru come back, does Tsutomu ever get his body back, who was the sun shades guy and the woman he was with?

Do you know the answers?

I don't think of any of that really matters. There's nothing particularly interesting about having questions answered. None of that really impacts on why I watched the series.

Thoraxes

Wait hold on, back up, what? It's another one of those shows? Or are you just being facetious? I don't think I can take another
sister love
anime.
Lol, no. This actually happens in the episode.

The goal of the anime is for the non-blood related sister fall in love with her new step-brother so an angel can go to heaven. But the girl has a chastity belt that fills up with love juice every time she has love emotions and feelings towards the brother.

The ghost loves her step-brother and takes over the living imouto's body to get intimate with him while the living imouto is super tsun for him, but will eventually start coming around near the end of the series.

It's my junk food of the season.
You know me man and how I adore Meme, but Becky just totally destroyed my rankings for Christmas cakes.

Gonna do some re-rankings as we speak.

TV Anime Glasslip. P.A. Works - Summer 2014. http://glasslip.jp/

glasslip001.jpg

After Uchoten Kazoku, I don't think they'll ever make anything that good.
Really?
I saw lots of people liking Nagi after ep 13(though i don't)

The goal of the anime is for the non-blood related sister fall in love with her new step-brother so an angel can go to heaven. But the girl has a chastity belt that fills up with love juice every time she has love emotions and feelings towards the brother.

The ghost loves her step-brother and takes over the living imouto's body to get intimate with him while the living imouto is super tsun for him, but will eventually start coming around near the end of the series.

It's my junk food of the season

whyanime.jpg

I don't think of any of that really matters. There's nothing particularly interesting about having questions answered. None of that really impacts on why I watched the series.

Well I was asking those questions because I wanted to know answers.

Why did you watch the series? The fights?

Jarmel

Banned
Since we're talking about the ending of OreImo, I was sorta fine with her winning. The problem is that she's such a bitch about it. It's like she took a victory lap while spitting in everybody's face.

Theonik

The whole "it was in the title" line rests on hindsight and the events of season 2 that run contrary to the dynamic established in season 1. It's basically people making a dismissive guess then going back and saying, "SEE? I TOLD YOU SO."

AOTY
The title was there since day 1 so if you were basing your predictions on that alone there is no hindsight needed. Of course that they were proven right is something that happens after the fact duh

If it was hindsight then why were some of us saying it before the series ended?
I think his point was that other than the name, there was no real evidence in season 1 content of the series ending as it did. And names are not usually the best of criteria to pass judgement on things. Judging books from their coverssynopsis titles and all that. That this ended up being right is circumstantial.

cajunator

Banned

It's my junk food of the season.

Gonna do some re-rankings as we speak.

most amazing plot ever

Well at least we'll always have Strike Witches 3.

*hugs Zachy

Jarmel

Banned
To be fair, the first season made it look like the brother just wanted to help and get to know his sister. Second season as a whole went down the drain.

Neko didn't deserve that. :(

Branduil

The title was there since day 1 so if you were basing your predictions on that alone there is no hindsight needed. Of course that they were proven right is something that happens after the fact duh

I think his point was that other than the name, there was no real evidence in season 1 content of the series ending as it did. And names are not usually the best of criteria to pass judgement on things. Judging books from their coverssynopsis titles and all that. That this ended up being right is circumstantial.

The truth is, judging books by their cover is accurate more than 90% of the time.

cajunator

Banned

I believed from the beginning that it would end up either ambiguous or he would be with his sister. Thats the only way it could end.
I chose Kuroneko as my Oreimo waifu early on and stuck with her so it didnt matter if she won or not. Shes my favorite.

Jex

Well I was asking those questions because I wanted to know answers.

Why did you watch the series? The fights?

It's a fun action adventure series with fairly likeable characters. The greater story isn't particularly bad or particularly good, it's just kinda there. You could just tell those kinds of stories forever.

I haven't watched Oreimo, but doesn't the title make it pretty clear how it was going to end up?

Well... I put the show off for a long time because of the title, but started watching it and then I thought it was actually pretty funny and not something like ImoCho.

Thought S2 was mostly fine too. I didn't mind that it turned into a harem since it was still funny.

And then I watched the S2 OVAs...

Even when not viewed as the incest-peddling filth it is, Oreimo S1 is still bad.

I disagree. It was quite enjoyable. I thought it was nice to see the brother starting to get along with his sister.

It's a fun action adventure series with fairly likeable characters. The greater story isn't particularly bad or particularly good, it's just kinda there. You could just tell those kinds of stories forever.

It does seem like a timeless series.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I'm going to write a research paper on anime, and I was wondering if you guys know any good resources or documentaries I should check out?

Try seeing if your local library has any works by Susan Napier or Jonathan Clements, some of the best english-language authors on the subject.

Mushishi - 26 END
I've already spoken my praises of the sound direction, the atmosphere, and the handling of some really great material, but I'm so glad that this was able to keep up such a high quality throughout. I love how it was capable of deftly switching between showcasing the sinister, creepier sides of the mushi and keeping to its more hopeful, accepting stance of humans and mushi co-existing. Even when it re-uses certain ideas, it still manages to create a new spin on them that's always interesting, or at best, thought-provoking. Hiroshi Nagahama is quickly becoming one of my favorite directors working today. Incredible show.

I can't believe we're getting more of this in less than a month.

Theonik

Haibane Renmei is K-ON with angels instead of band members.
Well I know what I'm watching when I hit <30 currently watching anime.

I'm going to write a research paper on anime, and I was wondering if you guys know any good resources or documentaries I should check out?
Start by reading this book.
It's actually a phd thesis itself, and should give you some good reading.
Also, resources on anime much less translated are scattered, I can help you to find something specific though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom