• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Well that's good to hear. When I first mentioned wanting to watch it earlier, reactions seemed slightly negative.

On that note, I was on Crunchyroll earlier today and decided to watch the first episode of Valerian and Laureline.

It was painful.

Toonamigaf consistently loves inuyasha cause most of us grew up with it, and its still a pretty good series, me and several other members have made the comparison to shows like the cosby show and the fresh prince of bel air, gets replayed to death but you watch everytime cause you know most every episode is enjoyable, plus it having a hundred plus episodes there is always 1 or 2 episodes you might have never saw before.

cajunator

Banned
Ichigo happened! To give us some light in a.....

OH RIGHT! THE BIGGEST DOWNSIDE TO AIKATSU S2, WHICH I WAS INFORMED OF

Johnny Bepp was too sakuga for this team, so no Johnny Bepp goodness like before.

Fuck my life.

So her name is Ichigo? Like the Tokyo Mew mew Ichigo? All these cute cat eared Ichigos. Im gonna die

joljVts.jpg
lcrn5xz.jpg

Yowamushi Pedal 22

Unpleasant person to be around? Check

Creepy sound effects when moving? Check.

Theme sounds like the first minute of Joker DK theme? Check.

Obviously not evil or anything.

Actually don't really mind since I think he's amazing.

His VA and expressions were just that good. Seriously wish I could find a raw version just to gif all the expressions of his when talking to Imai.

I've said it before, 20% of Nichijou is hilarious! It's the other 80% that's the problem. At least based on what I've seen, which is quite a bit either properly or via clips.

I'd say it's closer to 60% hilarious and 40% boring or just plain weird for me. When it's good it is really good though.

Monster 1

What in the actual hell....

It's like half ER, half mystery. Tenma is such a tool. Though at the end I have to give him credit. Hid fiancé is very cold hearted and after meeting the father I can see why.

Interesting so far.

If only KyoAni had adapted the right Nichijou.

KyoAni should just stay away from pure comedies, they haven't made anything funny since Fumoffu.

I've said it before, 20% of Nichijou is hilarious! It's the other 80% that's the problem. At least based on what I've seen, which is quite a bit either properly or via clips.
20% is being generous, at least if you are going a far as hilarity. There is some amusing stuff, but most of it just felt like a tutorial in how to botch comedy.

Gundam Build fighters - 22

Other than

"this was much better than anticipated " i don't have much words for this week episode.

Yukki Theme when he fights rocks quite hard and we have another reason to see why Exia was wasted on setsuna. I do want to see both gunpla at their full potential for the finale.it'll be epic but goddam.. why is this show 25 eps ? it can't be over this soon.

So I haven't noticed anyone posting Space Brothers impressions for a while now. It's still running, right?

It's still going. It may be ending in a few weeks though. I don't think we've gotten confirmation on that though.

You know I never watched Space Bros after the first episode. How does the story even last 100 episodes?
It's a character driven story where they introduce new characters fairly often. It's slowly paced, but it works well for what they are doing.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Chuuni was very funny until it transitioned from comedy to Waifu Babysitting Simulator.

I have no idea what they're going for with Rikka and Yuuta's relationship.
They're dating, but have a weird father/daughter relationship. But the show knows this, and lampshades it early on in the season. But then it just...kinda keeps going like that, in spite of plot developments?
I don't know.

EDIT: NEVER MIND DON'T READ THIS JMAN. Just saw your edit.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
The only relationship people should be caring about in Chuuni is the one between Deko and NIbutani. Had less screen time than both Yuuta and Rikka and already completed the requirements necessary for a typical romcom couple.

jman2050

I have no idea what they're going for with Rikka and Yuuta's relationship.
They're dating, but have a weird father/daughter relationship. But the show knows this, and lampshades it early on in the season. But then it just...kinda keeps going like that, in spite of plot developments?
I don't know.

EDIT: NEVER MIND DON'T READ THIS JMAN. Just saw your edit.

Sounds like bizarro Toradora.

And stand down, I've been spoiling myself most of the important crap from S2 anyway so it's alright.
That other girl shouldn't have walked out of the kitchen if she wanted some of that sweet cream all along lol. Somehow that's the most interesting development I've seen from this series since S2 began.

It's still going. It may be ending in a few weeks though. I don't think we've gotten confirmation on that though.

It's a character driven story where they introduce new characters fairly often. It's slowly paced, but it works well for what they are doing.

That seems interesting

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Sounds like bizarro Toradora.

And stand down, I've been spoiling myself most of the important crap from S2 anyway so it's alright.
That other girl shouldn't have walked out of the kitchen if she wanted some of that sweet cream all along. Somehow that's the most interesting development I've seen from this series since S2 began.

Well,
she DIDN'T want some of that until just this past episode. It was the whole "suddenly realizes she still loves him" thing. Like, she was totally cool with Yuuta dating Rikka until the last 30 seconds of this past episode. So that's where the requisite drama for the last few episodes is gonna come from.

Hyouka 1-4

Having trouble understanding how this got GAF AOTY 2012. Space 2199 had some interesting stuff going on at this point. Does it get better?

I mean I like it enough to keep watching but it's not as entertaining as I imagined it would be. A lot of the plot seems to come out of nowhere.

Hyouka 1-4

Having trouble understanding how this got GAF AOTY 2012. Space 2199 had some interesting stuff going on at this point. Does it get better?

I mean I like it enough to keep watching but it's not as entertaining as I imagined it would be. A lot of the plot seems to come out of nowhere.

Should have started on Hidamari Sketch instead.

Branduil

chuu2-2 > chuu2 christ mass special > tamako >>> Free! >> KnK >>> chuu2.

Damning with faint praise.

Hyouka 1-4

Yes.

jman2050

Hyouka 1-4

Choose randomly from these three most likely responses you will get.

Wait till festival arc
[something] [something] character development [something]
[Mayaka/Chitanda/sister with no face whose name I forget] is best girl

cajunator

Banned
Hyouka 1-4

Thats how the show is. It really isnt very eventful at all.

Aikatsu! 53

Hey Seira has a little sister! Much like how Ichigo has a little bro! Except her sister is more of an Ichigo fan instead of Seira, much like how Raichi is into Aoi... although in his case, it's more of being INTO her. That investment. ALSO! HEY! THEY HAVE A BENTO SHOP! IDOL SCENT
Watch Seira's mom also be a past idol or some shit
AND THEY'RE CLOSE BY! THE COMPARISONS ARE PALPABLE!

Not entirely sure about Seira and Kii's chemistry so far, but I think I need more time on this part.

Also Raichi = LYCHEE! How did I not see this!? Damn. Ichigo was easy to grasp because older experience, but Raichi... that flew over my head/

I think for the most part, Seira wasn't as cocky here than before, so it's like a breath of fresh air from how fucking arrogant she was. But thankfully, there's no stakes or anything involved, so it's like... more fun than before. Or at least it was
only to find out Seira beat Ichigo. Fuck my life! I mean.. they went with the hey, it's Rock theme, you lost here. But really... it's just.... UGH

Of course, she's like.... I didn't win, she was better. At least she acknowledged her being the shit

So right now, the question is like.... what changed with Ichigo? She strangely does seem to be having more fun, but.... something is off in comparison. Maybe because she doesn't have much of a goal as she used to???

CronoShot

Hyouka 1-4

I got suckered into it too. Quit now. The entire show's plot goes absolutely nowhere, and character development is nearly non-existent. After the murder mystery episodes, I completely lost interest.

So a while ago I decided to get into anime, so I asked in this thread what I should watch. Decided to go with Cowboy Bebop as it's apparently easy to get into and universally praised. This month I finally got some time to watch it.

First three episodes were decent, but they didn't really hook me. All of them seemed one-offish and I really hoped that "getting in trouble and failing to get bounties" wasn't going to be the focus point of the entire thing.

Episode 5 is where I felt it really kicked off for me, that entire scene with this song playing and the flashbacks got me really interested. Of course I'm not expecting any answers until at least halfway through. Episodes 6 and 7 were good but no crucial story stuff but that's fine. I'm really liking the characters even if Faye seems a bit one dimensional for now.

For what to watch after this I was thinking maybe Gurren Lagann or Berserk, but I'll put that off for later.

Link Man

Banned
So a while ago I decided to get into anime, so I asked in this thread what I should watch. Decided to go with Cowboy Bebop as it's apparently easy to get into and universally praised. This month I finally got some time to watch it.

First three episodes were decent, but they didn't really hook me. All of them seemed one-offish and I really hoped that "getting in trouble and failing to get bounties" wasn't going to be the focus point of the entire thing.

Episode 5 is where I felt it really kicked off for me, that entire scene with this song playing and the flashbacks got me really interested. Of course I'm not expecting any answers until at least halfway through. Episodes 6 and 7 were good but no crucial story stuff but that's fine. I'm really liking the characters even if Faye seems a bit one dimensional for now.

For what to watch after this I was thinking maybe Gurren Lagann or Berserk, but I'll put that off for later.

I'd recommend trying out Trigun, it's quite good and considered a classic of the medium.

cajunator

Banned

Its not quite story driven but certain episodes do reveal things about characters and further the overarching storyline.

Hyouka 1-4

Hyouka is a very slow paced and methodical show; it's far more interested in slow and subtle character development and using the mysteries as a window into characters' lives than it is in having big explosive plot lines. If you're expecting something with high energy and a lot of big events, you'll be disappointed. But if you're willing to engage in a show which wants you to exercise your mind, and if you can find yourself enthralled by the characters, than you'll get something really special.

It does get better as it goes on, with the second arc really being the moment that makes the show wonderful for me, but in order to really get why so many people loved it and voted it for Anime of the Year, you'll need to have an appreciation for the dialogue, character development, and the amazing visuals.

cajunator

Banned
Hyouka is a very slow paced and methodical show; it's far more interested in slow and subtle character development and using the mysteries as a window into characters' lives than it is having big explosive plot lines.

It does get better as it goes on, with the second arc really being the moment that makes the show wonderful for me, but in order to really get why so many people loved it and voted it for Anime of the Year, you'll need to have an appreciation for the dialogue, character development, and the amazing visuals.

Or just think drunk Chitanda is really cute.

I'd recommend trying out Trigun, it's quite good and considered a classic of the medium.
I've heard of that one, I'll add it to the list, thanks.
Its not quite story driven but certain episodes do reveal things about characters and further the overarching storyline.
I'm not going to lie, that's a bit disappointing. As long as the story's good in general I'm fine with filler though.

Golden Time 21

So we've pretty much come to the "All is lost Moment" I didn't think they'd take Banri down this road as far as they have. I haven't read other impressions yet, but wondering if that's messing with others enjoyment of the show. GT has gone in a few directions I didn't think it would go, but I'm still enjoying the ride.

Wondering if the Vita games takes you down this same road, with branching paths to Happy Ends with Linda and Oka-chan.

D-Frag 10
Sorry but your princess pinch is another classroom.
It was a very enjoyable episode. Tama-senpai is one of my favorite characters from the manga and the anime didn't disappoint. Loved the scene with Takao stopping the robot with her bare hands to defend that cellphone strap.

wonzo

Banned
Choose randomly from these three most likely responses you will get.

Wait till festival arc
[something] [something] character development [something]
[Mayaka/Chitanda/sister with no face whose name I forget] is best girl
The festival arc is where the slowly and intricately put together character development really shines and comes to a head, especially in highlighting just why Mayaka is GOAT.

checkmate motherfucker

Some people just have a faulty definition of what character development actually is.
"Character development is a Jun Maeda script."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom