• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
xUFNbKj.gif

If there was an S2 of Darker than Black I'm sure this would be the best part about it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You lot and your "where is series 3" complaints. Do you know who really suffered? Mitsudomoe fans. They got half a series 2! HALF! It was a massive cock tease.

And then to top it all off not a single figurine when shows like AoT get like 368398739million.

Mr.Jeff

I suppose Banner 3 was a nice closure, despite the books continuing. Heck after a long time, a new volume actually come out in Japan last year and they also launched a new manga adaptation. Honestly I wouldn't mind more sexy space elves but I'm content with what we got.
Well the series takes a bit of a shift after Banner 3 anyway since in the next book
it splits between Lafiel and her brother's perspective and compared to Lafiel, he's pretty boring.
You're right though, Banner 3 despite being a bit of a rushed mess in terms of pacing was a nice place to let the series stop.

Samurai Flamenco - 13

etiOTAt.jpg

Domestic Violence. DOMESTIC. VIOLENCE. You know, I would like to feel shocked and scared by that scene of the destruction and death in Masayoshi's dream. But it's kind of difficult to when oh, I don't know, IT WAS DONE BY A WALKING HOUSE NAMED DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.

SamFlam antics aside, it's pretty amazing how I can actually sort of take this show and its characters seriously like this, when I've only known them for like, three episodes. This shit has gotten real serious real fast and I'm finding myself invested.

Ah and so Goto's Girlfriend knows about Mari and is completely cool with it. Wow, that must have taken some really good wording for her to be okay with that.

All right so...Final Battle time!....Again!!!

cnet128

Banned
Heartcatch Precure! 34

So Cure Moonlight is pretty OP. She pulls out solo Fortessimos like they're nothing and practically wipes out the Dark Precure single-handed (she would have finished the job too if it weren't for that meddling Sabark). The DP must've got pretty lucky to defeat her that one time.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Samurai Flamenco - 13

etiOTAt.jpg

Domestic Violence. DOMESTIC. VIOLENCE. You know, I would like to feel shocked and scared by that scene of the destruction and death in Masayoshi's dream. But it's kind of difficult to when oh, I don't know, IT WAS DONE BY A WALKING HOUSE NAMED DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.

SamFlam antics aside, it's pretty amazing how I can actually sort of take this show and its characters seriously like this, when I've only known them for like, three episodes. This shit has gotten real serious real fast and I'm finding myself invested.

Ah and so Goto's Girlfriend knows about Mari and is completely cool with it. Wow, that must have taken some really good wording for her to be okay with that.

I can't help but feel like there's a more appropriate Nichijou moment you could have used.

Aikatsu! 51

It's as if Yurika ALREADY KNEW that she wasn't going to be getting a new 3D model for a while. Damn Yurika, do I feel sorry for you.

So there's a timeskip, and since then, we have TWO ACADEMIES! STARRING DREAM ACADEMY! Our rivals who have idols that transcends the stars and make constellations... by the way that's the main dress theme. Constellations made up by the popular dress brands and shit.

Also Aoi is the main character, and she's already getting blue balled here. It's pissing me off. Why?

Welcome Kii (yellow) and Seira (pink). Two DreAca characters who just appear, Kii being a third year producer. And already, Seira is smug as fuck, already shitting on them using her doremi line (fuck off). And SHE'S ALREADY STYLING AND PROFILING FROM THE GET GO! You know, come to think of it, I think this is the first time I've seen the appeal bar maxed out, but that's because:

1) Fuck Seira
2) New Appeal Mechanic involved called Constellation Appeals. So ALREADY, it just shat on the group like that. And to make matters worse,
Mizuki seems to be the primary antagonist here, hoping Ichigo doesn't show up.
. Aoi pretty much lost before it even began. Fucking Seira.

Midonin

I've warmed up to Seira somewhat as the season has gone on, but she did look like she was going to take over the show at first.

Syrinx

Happiness Charge Precure 6

Hime runs off because Ribbon doesn't understand her feelings. By which she means she had the gall to cook her an actual meal and didn't make her pancakes when she threw a tantrum like a seven-year-old. Fish is good shit, too (most kinds, anyway). So Hime needs better taste too.

That CG hula dance was not very good. They should probably lay off the CG for those things.

Yowapeda Episode 22
BiZ1vXyCEAIopiK.png

Probably the most offensive moment all year in anime. How would one just write a character getting up on stage and humiliating one of the best members of the cast like that, and then none one tried to get him off the stage even. Just plain odd and disrespectful.

I think the over the top performance, personality, and backstory with the team dynamics probablys suggests a losing outcome. Would be surprised if somehow Midousuji 's team wins the interhigh.

Sound effects were just plain crazy, Midousuji is nearly on the same level as Lord Orochimaru.

Another point that bothered me with Aikatsu 51 was you saw most of the Starlight idols (that were considered important) get their cards through effort (Kaede already had hers, but they showed the process).

Here it's like "oh, I just asked the dude to make the dress for you Seira!" YOU, who just became an idol just like that. Damn it.

Also lol, Rock version of the first song they performed.

CorvoSol

Macross II the rest of it

Honestly, at its worst Macross is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much shittier than Gundam. And mind you on its worst days Gundam can be pretty shitty. But for the love of God Hibiki Kanzaki is awful in all senses of the word. I sat in awe that a character could be so terrible. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH.

How did I go from Do You Remember Love to THIS?

wonzo

Banned
Yowapeda Episode 22
BiZ1vXyCEAIopiK.png

Probably the most offensive moment all year in anime. How would one just write a character getting up on stage and humiliating one of the best members of the cast like that, and then none one tried to get him off the stage even. Just plain odd and disrespectful.
I can't even begin to imagine how much more vitriolic this post would've been if the detractor on stage was a woman.
dead.png

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yowapeda Episode 22
BiZ1vXyCEAIopiK.png

I think the over the top performance, personality, and backstory with the team dynamics probablys suggests a losing outcome. Would be surprised if somehow Midousuji 's team wins the interhigh.

Sound effects were just plain crazy, Midousuji is nearly on the same level as Lord Orochimaru.

When did Monkey D. Luffy take up cycling?

Mature

Honestly, at its worst Macross is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much shittier than Gundam. And mind you on its worst days Gundam can be pretty shitty. But for the love of God Hibiki Kanzaki is awful in all senses of the word. I sat in awe that a character could be so terrible. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH.

And now you know why it was retconned out of existence.

Gazoinks

Samurai Flamenco - 13

etiOTAt.jpg

I love reading impressions of this show so much.

Anyway, since everyone else is doing it I guess I'll start up Princess Tutu again. I got six-ish episodes in and then got distracted by something or another despite enjoying it.

jman2050

The Nichojou Cycle™

Watch Nichijou Clip
V
Stare slack-jawed for 60% of the duration
V
Wonder confusedly whether there was a joke or not and whether there will be a joke before this ends
V
There isn't
V
Lament the missed opportunity for any sort of humor in what is otherwise an extremely well-produced show

I'm still not sure whether this was KyoAni's fault or the source material.

Aikatsu! 52

Aww yeah, Ichigo is BACK! And she's already fantastic! English? FUCK THAT! USE JAPANESE WORDS TO MAKE AN ENGLISH SOUNDING SENTENCE! FUCKING BOSSANOVA! Constellation Appeals? SURE WHY NOT!

Even her time in America seems great. Selling bentos, Befriending Orcas, boot camp, cleaning the statue of liberty... damn.... I know it's been some time since watching the first season of Aikatsu, but if this was on a weekly basis, I think I'd already miss her. Oh right, Otome is the new Starlight Queen btw.

However, right now, we already came across another problem, in relation to what we have. It's that despite Ichigo's performance.... Seira and Ichigo had a draw. THEY HAD A DRAW! A complete novice tied with Ichigo. This is insane, and I really think part of the reason why that was possible is probably a flaw in the Constellation Appeals design.

I mean to use it, you have to max out your gauge in order to use it. But even with that in mind, the bar RARELY got full in the first season at all, so it's like... a novice filling it up on her first shot? PLS! So because you have to max the gauge, if two of them max it, they will come to a draw because of how it works. Even so, it's like... what is up with Ichigo?

Dream Academy was already rather ridiculous, but for a school that just popped up in a year, they not only have idol and producer courses, but they also have a DESIGNER COURSE!? Mizuki must've had some fucking funds or something because god damn. It's even SCIENTIFIC AS FUCK! I'm almost feeling like there's going to be an underlying message here about how machines are terrible because there's less feelings, so fuck you Seira.

At least Kii isn't awful, but I was already sick of Seira's Doremi line the second time she used it, because it was revealed to shit on your opponent, but she keeps doing it! God damn it Seira. STOP FUCKING KILLING TURTLES! FIVE PENCE PLEASE! I guess this is where I need to warm up to her in SOME fashion, but right now, DreAca students aren't given me a great vibe in comparison to the StaAca group.

OceanBlue

The Nichojou Cycle™

Watch Nichijou Clip
V
V
Wonder confusedly whether there was a joke or not and whether there will be a joke before this ends
V
There isn't
V
Lament the missed opportunity for any sort of humor in what is otherwise an extremely well-produced show

A friend of mine who is a fan showed me the manga and said the anime is a pretty straight adaptation of the source material. I'm not saying KyoAni has no responsibility for how the humor turned out, but apparently the anime doesn't stray too far.

I haven't watched the show or read the manga so I can't say either way (without relying on hearsay) on how funny the show is or how faithful it is to the source material.

Macross II isn't really Macross though.

cajunator

Banned
Aikatsu! 52

Aww yeah, Ichigo is BACK! And she's already fantastic! English? FUCK THAT! USE JAPANESE WORDS TO MAKE AN ENGLISH SOUNDING SENTENCE! FUCKING BOSSANOVA! Constellation Appeals? SURE WHY NOT!

Even her time in America seems great. Selling bentos, Befriending Orcas, boot camp, cleaning the statue of liberty... damn.... I know it's been some time since watching the first season of Aikatsu, but if this was on a weekly basis, I think I'd already miss her. Oh right, Otome is the new Starlight Queen btw.

However, right now, we already came across another problem, in relation to what we have. It's that despite Ichigo's performance.... Seira and Ichigo had a draw. THEY HAD A DRAW! A complete novice tied with Ichigo. This is insane, and I really think part of the reason why that was possible is probably a flaw in the Constellation Appeals design.

I mean to use it, you have to max out your gauge in order to use it. But even with that in mind, the bar RARELY got full in the first season at all, so it's like... a novice filling it up on her first shot? PLS! So because you have to max the gauge, if two of them max it, they will come to a draw because of how it works. Even so, it's like... what is up with Ichigo?

Dream Academy was already rather ridiculous, but for a school that just popped up in a year, they not only have idol and producer courses, but they also have a DESIGNER COURSE!? Mizuki must've had some fucking funds or something because god damn. It's even SCIENTIFIC AS FUCK! I'm almost feeling like there's going to be an underlying message here about how machines are terrible because there's less feelings, so fuck you Seira.

At least Kii isn't awful, but I was already sick of Seira's Doremi line the second time she used it, because it was revealed to shit on your opponent, but she keeps doing it! God damn it Seira. STOP FUCKING KILLING TURTLES! FIVE PENCE PLEASE! I guess this is where I need to warm up to her in SOME fashion, but right now, DreAca students aren't given me a great vibe in comparison to the StaAca group.

Yooooooo I see cat ears. Whats going on there?

Linkark07

Banned
Watched Kara no Kyoukai: Future Gospel today. Although it was mostly fan service, it was a great way for end the franchise. Loved the theme song made by Kalafina.

Also started to watch Nichijou. First episode and I had some good laughs. Gonna watch more tomorrow.

Link Man

Banned
Not sure how inuyasha is "junk food" it had cool characters aside from the main cast , Aizen before aizen appeared and sesshomaru

Inuyasha fillers were quite good too.

Well that's good to hear. When I first mentioned wanting to watch it earlier, reactions seemed slightly negative.

On that note, I was on Crunchyroll earlier today and decided to watch the first episode of Valerian and Laureline.

It was painful.

Samurai Flamenco - 14

DOUBLE U. TEE. EFFF.

"This is not a Dream. This is not Fiction"

YEAH RIGHT. AHAHAHAHAHA.
He's serious isn't he?

How is it possible that I'm finding myself taking this shit seriously? It's one ridicously nonsensical thing after the next, and yet I still find myself rooting for these people! It felt so awesome seeing everybody standing up and fighting these hilarious abominaitons from outer space! That's all it had to do! But now we've got Masayoshi's brother being the final member of From Beyond? AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

This show is like watching a magician as a young child. The stuff going on here is all crazy bullshit, but frankly you can't help but want to see what exactly the magician's going to pull out of his hat next. I mean hey, the magician's having fun with it, so why shouldn't you?

CorvoSol

Samurai Flamenco - 14

DOUBLE U. TEE. EFFF.

YEAH RIGHT. AHAHAHAHAHA.
He's serious isn't he?

How is it possible that I'm finding myself taking this shit seriously? It's one ridicously nonsensical thing after the next, and yet I still find myself rooting for these people! It felt so awesome seeing everybody standing up and fighting these hilarious abominaitons from outer space! That's all it had to do! But now we've got Masayoshi's brother being the final member of From Beyond? AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

This show is like watching a magician as a young child. The stuff going on here is all crazy bullshit, but frankly you can't help but want to see what exactly the magician's going to pull out of his hat next. I mean hey, he's having fun with it, so why shouldn't you?

I remember when that was the craziest stuff Samurai Flamenco had thrown at me.

Beats

I rewatched Perfect Blue today. The last time I saw it was years ago and I'm just wondering about one thing.
Should I take the ending, where Mima visits the psych ward, at face value or is it meant to be open ended? I was thinking at first that she overcame the doubt and identity issues she had after her confrontation with Rumi near the end. But now I'm thinking that her visit to the psych ward may not have been real which I think fits with the way the film disorients the audience. I'm not really sure what to think of this part of the film. :x

Well that's good to hear. When I first mentioned wanting to watch it earlier, reactions seemed slightly negative.

On that note, I was on Crunchyroll earlier today and decided to watch the first episode of Valerian and Laureline.

It was painful.

Well i think the dub is trully awefull

Inuyasha is repetitive , drag too long but has a charm that still works ..the anime should have been 50 ep less long ( not counting fillers , those were great ) but hey the anime was long because the manga was 55+ volumes long.

Thing is .. inuyasha best arcs are really good.and it had a very great soundtrack overall.
Most of the vilains that weren't monster of the week were pretty good.
Also the vilain of inuysah is a better Aizen than aizen could ever hope to be.

Best movie was the 2nd one. First movie is forgettable , Third movie is alright , 4th movie is disapointing as possible(AVOID).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The Nichojou Cycle™

Watch Nichijou Clip
V
V
V
There isn't
V

That clip really isn't the best representation of Nichijou's humor, though.

Also I disagree in general, but eh. Nichijou is my favorite anime of all time, so of course I would.

santeesioux

Yowapeda Episode 22
BiZ1vXyCEAIopiK.png

He's certainly a creepy character, that's for sure. Never thought i'd see a psychopath like that in a show about biking.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Samurai Flamenco - 14

DOUBLE U. TEE. EFFF.

YEAH RIGHT. AHAHAHAHAHA.
He's serious isn't he?

This show is like watching a magician as a young child. The stuff going on here is all crazy bullshit, but frankly you can't help but want to see what exactly the magician's going to pull out of his hat next. I mean hey, the magician's having fun with it, so why shouldn't you?
You aint done yet :3

jman2050

That clip really isn't the best representation of Nichijou's humor, though.

Also I disagree in general, but eh. Nichijou is my favorite anime of all time, so of course I would.

I've said it before, 20% of Nichijou is hilarious! It's the other 80% that's the problem. At least based on what I've seen, which is quite a bit either properly or via clips.

Of course after watching something like Kyoukai no Kanata, being 20% good seems acceptable by comparison...

I've said it before, 20% of Nichijou is hilarious! It's the other 80% that's the problem. At least based on what I've seen, which is quite a bit either properly or via clips.

Of course after watching something like Kyoukai no Kanata, being 20% good seems acceptable by comparison...

Watching Kyoukai no Kanata was worth if only for the reaction to the dancing episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom