• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have a different sense of appreciation for Haruhi as I watched it for the first time last year an I watched it in chronological order instead of broadcast order. In all honesty it's probably the show I most enjoyed watching. Endless Eight is certainly a rough point, but Disappearance is God-tier.

I watched it for the first time last year too and thought it was great. Watched it in DVD order.

Hattori

Banned
I am. I'm not remotely caught up with the anime (although I am with the manga), but I continue with the series and consider it one of my all time favorites.
tumblr_ln4phjG1Ka1qafrh6.gif

I'm just started re-watching it (along with One Piece) because I put it off for so long I've forgotten some of the things that happened.

Kyoani rankings:

Glorious

The Second Raid

Bullshit

Hyouka

sCR9MhN.png

As to KyoAni rankings

Loved:

Clannad+AS
Hyouka
Nichijou

Remember Loving but Will Have to Rewatch to See if I still Love it
FMP?????? Fummofu
FMP!!!!!!!!!!!! Second Raid

Will Give an Honest Try Later Since I Just Read the Description in Wiki and it Sounds Interesting
Tamako Market+movie (didn't realize there was romance)

No, just no
Beyond the Boundary
Air
Chuunibyou

I Said No, Fuck You I Tried
Lucky Star
Chuunibyou 2: Electric Boogaloo

I Have Like Zero Interest to Watch This

K-On!!!!!!!!!
Free!!!!!!!!!!
Haruhi

Yeah didn't know Tamako Market had romance in its genre, will try now.

Seems like there's a movie sequel coming out soon. Maybe I'll push it towards the bottom of my backlog so I can attempt to watch it closer to blu-ray release of movie. which probably won't happen till later this fall/winter.

ah... Tamako Market.

It started as fantasy story but the staff changed it to an even more pointless version of K-On.

Yamada: Actually, this story had more fantasy elements when we started. Tamako would have a special power, etc. As we kept changing the story, only the bird remained from those elements.

Kyoani rankings?

Finished:

K-On!
Nichijou
Shiawasette Naani

Not Finished:
Free!

Not Watched:
Hyouka
Everything else

Great:
K-ON!!
K-ON! The Movie
Hyouka

Very Good:
Nichijou
K-ON!
Haruhi S1
Disappearance of Haruhi

Good:
Tamako Market

OK:
Lucky Star
Shiawase Nani

Not Terrible:
Chuu2

Not Seen:
Haruhi S2
Full Metal Panic Fufufu
Clannad
Clannad: After Sex

Don't Care:
Free!
Chuu2: Electric Chuugaloo
Chuu2: The Moviefilm
Full Metal Penis 2
KnK
Air
Kanon

How can you call yourself an anime fan and not watch Clannad + After Story?

How can you make fun of it without watching it in the first place? You guys are missing out...

duckroll

ah... Tamako Market.

It started as fantasy story but the staff changed it to an even more pointless version of K-On.

But the fantasy elements sucked. The bird was the worst thing about the show. The best episode in the series was a flashback episode about character relationships and had nothing to do with the fantasy aspects at all. I think they made the right choice but should have gone even further and removed all the fantasy crap.

Narag

How can you call yourself an anime fan and not watch Clannad + After Story?

How can you make fun of it without watching it in the first place? You guys are missing out...

I don't make fun of it? I liked the Dezaki film version well enough I'll check out the full length tv series down the line but I have no interest in doing so at the moment.

But the fantasy elements sucked. The bird was the worst thing about the show. The best episode in the series was a flashback episode about character relationships and had nothing to do with the fantasy aspects at all. I think they made the right choice but should have gone even further and removed all the fantasy crap.

I agree with this. Dera was the worst part of the show.

I don't make fun of it? I liked the Dezaki film version well enough I'll check out the full length tv series down the line but I have no interest in doing so at the moment.

The make fun of part was directed at Theoink

Doesn't matter it was a joke and snark comment anyways.

Anyways the movie pales in comparison to the show. KyoAni did the story justice. Sorry you watched the movie first. :/

I awake to KyoAni rankings? Might as well.

DA BES:
K-On!! plus movie
Haruhi Disappearance
Nichijou

Good stuff:
K-On!
Hyouka
After Story
Haruhi S1

Decent stuff:
Tamako Market
Lucky Star
Parts of Chuu2 S1

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:
Endless Eight

Eeeeeh:
Clannad S1

2bishonen4me can't rank:
Free

Possibly the worst things ever:
Kyoukai no Kanata
Chuu2 S1 ending

Well, the bird was just a pointless random element even worse than the foreign girl subplot.
At the end Tamako Market was neither a fantasy nor a real SoL anime. It was nothing.

You seen the movie now?

Yeah...

It was alright. Didn't affect my view on the original Clannad as much as I thought it would. Decided not to review it here seeing as how people already know how I feel about most Key anime. So would've been kind if pointless.

Kinda weird though people saying I am the "Key guy". Not sure how I feel about that yet.

Narag

I'm starting to think he genuinely gets insulted/mad when somebody doesn't like or makes fun of a Key product.

Everyone gets pissed in here at something sooner or later.

Anyways the movie pales in comparison to the show. KyoAni did the story justice. Sorry you watched the movie first. :/

We'll see. Really liked the movie but don't have any familiarity with the source material. Doing the story justice sometimes means trimming the fat though. dat Dezaki etc

cnet128

Banned
It makes me happy to see Nichijou appearing so high in many people's KyoAni rankings.

While I agree that Dera was probably the worst thing about the show, he still amused me quite a bit at times, and I'm not sure if I like the idea of getting rid of him entirely because that would make it hard to work in the prince plot, which added a lot to the show's whole whimsical atmosphere, and also Choi, who was wonderful.

Also the best episode was episode 3 and I won't hear any different.

duckroll

Well, the bird was just a pointless random element even worse than the foreign girl subplot.
At the end Tamako Market was neither a fantasy nor a real SoL anime. It was nothing.

That's true. It ended up being an empty show about nothing. The fact that the best episode I mentioned was a self-contained story about Tamako's parents is evidence enough that when the most interesting thing is a relationship totally distanced from the main story, you did something wrong. The core narrative was pointless and flat.

Pooya

I don't know what Tamako was about but I'm excited for the movie, liked the character interactions which I'm guessing the movie is all about.

Midonin

Tokyo Ravens 22

Kon's moment to shine is here. I get the feeling that Natsume's going to come back okay, even if it does require fudging with the laws of nature a bit. Also because there's at least one more novel beyond the episodes we're currently in.

I'm starting to think he genuinely gets insulted/mad when somebody doesn't like or makes fun of a Key product.

I am sorry I give that impression.

I've had people on this forum try Angel Beats and say they didn't like it. I didn't get mad/insulted/upset when they dropped or didn't like it. I certainly appreciate that people would trust me enough to give these shows I like a try.

I get annoyed when people make fun or bash the show when they haven't watched it. I give Wonzo flak but at least he watched Angel Beats and Clannad and I can respect his opinion. I don't agree with it but I respect it.

Although I think I give the impression that I like a lot of anime I watch and honestly I do. I have really only ran into a handful of anime I didn't enjoy.

I just like to sit back and enjoy what the creators want me to experience and not nitpick everything. Yeah there are annoyances that some anime give off. But if the story and characters are good I can usually get past that. I can deal with a few instances of animation problems. This doesn't mean I let them off the "hook". Animation companies can always do better but I don't want to be the guy that dwells on that single problem for the entire series.

Some people are just natural critics. I don't think I am one of those people. If I like what I watch then I sit back and enjoy. If not, I just drop it and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom