• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished the first season of Strike Witches. That was pretty much nothing. Cute girls doing cute things, but all in all utterly irrelevant and braindead. Vividred was essentially the same, but it looked a lot better at least, and it had the adult fusion forms, so people could wank without feeling all too guilty or something. Anyway, I like comedy, cute girls and fan service and shit, but this was a waste of time.
You'll be waiting for SW3 like everyone else! Also the fused Vividreds didn't look anything like adults, excuses to jerk off are for nerds.

Jintor

my nano project two years ago was basically law and order with wizards. i should've written wizard barristers.

i mean, i've got a law degree and everything...

/edit sherlock holmes isn't pretentious. if you've read the stuff you'd realise that what sherlock holmes really is is pulp fiction

wonzo

Banned
It either bloats by trying to stuff wayy too many themes and scenarios of life in there that it can't properly explore.

Or all the slices are the same and it gets boring.
wut.gif

I don't get how something can be both overambitious and samey at the same time nor how any of this applies to the later parts of Hyouka.

e: and now corvos calling sherlock holmes pretentious jesus christ

Quasar

Books by old dead Brits are as pretentious as they come.

Since it was written by an old dead British guy. Keep up people. This is literally rocket science. I am 100% serious and completely right. I know because I have sacred knowledge of what is and is not pretentious and I know this because you continue to care what I do and do not call pretentious.

How pretentious.

jman2050

wut.gif

I don't get how something can be both overambitious and samey at the same time nor how any of this applies to the later parts of Hyouka.

Wait I thought he was putting forth an either/or scenario and only applying the latter to Hyouka.

Also I doubt Sherlock Holmes was pretentious, unless Doyle really did intend it to be some significant cultural milestone and not random stories about some asshole detective and his drug addiction problem.

CorvoSol

Good to know my posts will soon be considered pretentious.

This is what happens when you die, man. If you don't think dying makes you pretentious, put it to the test. I guarantee it. And if you are dissatisfied with the results when you are dead, I promise a full refund.

Princess Tutu 4

Is a show about a Duck forced to marry a Cat even though she's in love with Mewtwo.

jman2050

This is what happens when you die, man. If you don't think dying makes you pretentious, put it to the test. I guarantee it. And if you are dissatisfied with the results when you are dead, I promise a full refund.

Princess Tutu 4

Is a show about a Duck forced to marry a Cat even though she's in love with Mewtwo.

Is bestiality wrong if humans aren't involved?

Articalys

At some point, Log Horizon and Mikakunin became the two shows from this season that I enjoy nearly everything about.

Not quite sure how that happened.

Wow. So many Gaffers who haven't watched Clannad and Clannad After Story. That's disappointing.

I think those who haven't watched Clannad and After Story need to watch it and be "re-educated".

To the first 10 or so people who haven't watch Clannad or Clannad After Story I challenge you to watch it. If you do I will watch an anime of your choosing (under 50 episodes please) by the end of the year all the way to the end so long as you do so too.

Who will step up to this challenge? Accept now so I can watch the anime the challengers recommend me. Go.

CorvoSol

So what I'm taking away from Princess Tutu is that instead of fighting in giant robots they battle by dancing at enemies. Instead of the heart of the cards or the soul of the fist or something to that effect, dancing is both battle and communication between adversaries here.

In that sense it's kinda early in the game for Tutu to be showing off her trump card in front of someone I still expect to be her opponent down the road.

So what I'm taking away from Princess Tutu is that instead of fighting in giant robots they battle by dancing at enemies. Instead of the heart of the cards or the soul of the fist or something to that effect, dancing is both battle and communication between adversaries here.

In that sense it's kinda early in the game for Tutu to be showing off her trump card in front of someone I still expect to be her opponent down the road.
So you're saying mahou shoujo are like bees?

Branduil

Wow. So many Gaffers who haven't watched Clannad and Clannad After Story. That's disappointing.

I think those haven't watched Clannad and After Story need to watch it and be "re-educated".

To the first 10 or so people who haven't watch Clannad or Clannad After Story I challenge you to watch it. If you do I will watch an anime of your choosing (under 50 episodes please) by the end of the year all the way to the end so long as you do so too.

Who will step up to this challenge? Accept now so I can watch the anime the challengers recommend me. Go.

Kind of hard to accept without first knowing what anime you haven't watched.

survivor

Banned

I think those who haven't watched Clannad and After Story need to watch it and be "re-educated".

I only watched the first few episodes before dropping it, but I'm willing to take your offer. I can do Clannad + After Story for 2 anime of my choice that will be around 24 episodes total for both.

Kind of hard to accept without first knowing what anime you haven't watched.

I will let you know if I have or haven't watched whatever any challengers recommend. I won't con you into it.

I'll actually be very interested to see if people will be mean and recommend me anime that will make me cringe all the way through or be nice and also recommend me some good anime to watch.

So pretentious.

Branduil

I will let you know if I have or haven't watched whatever any challengers recommend. I won't con you into it.

I'll actually be very interested to see if people will be mean and recommend me anime that will make me cringe all the way through or be nice and also recommend me some good anime to watch.

You don't have a MAL or something?

cajunator

Banned
People have been banned for less.

Watching Akira right now. It's been sitting on the backburner for me for so long it's probably burnt to a crisp by now.

watch Akira asap.

Yeah, she is. Same kind of voice she uses in School Rumble.
Clannad and TWGOK too, but watched those with subs.

Nothing shameful about liking that.

Luci is a cutie in everything. Best argument for dubbing.

Seeing Makoto in a hat should make it worth it either way.
Also that way you get to :SDBurton every line of dialogue uttered.

Few things will properly prepare someone for Makoto in that hat.

I only watched the first few episodes before dropping it, but I'm willing to take your offer. I can do Clannad + After Story for 2 anime of my choice that will be around 24 episodes total for both.

I can do that. But to be fair I need to know the name of the anime so we both know if I have or haven't watched the show yet. :)

Don't worry I will post a review on all the anime's episodes I am challenged in here on AnimeGAF. So long as the other posters do the same for Clannad and After Story.

You don't have a MAL or something?

I don't understand the question.

survivor

Banned
I can do that. But to be fair I need to know the name of the anime so we both know if I have or haven't watched the show yet. :)

Don't worry I will post a review on all the anime's episodes I am challenged in here on AnimeGAF. So long as the other posters do the same for Clannad and After Story.

Have you watched Tatami Galaxy or Kuuchuu Buranko?

Have you watched Tatami Galaxy or Kuuchuu Buranko?

Nope watched neither.

Which one did you want me to see? Only one series since I am only asking people to watch one series.

Oh! No I do not. I actually have a written down list of most of the anime I have ever watched. And I am actually writing down right now the people accepting the challenge and what anime they are requesting of me.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Sailor Stars] 195
This is some CLAMP shit going on.

So, is it me or should Usagi
have stayed with Seiya instead of Mamoru, regardless of whether he might be dead or not? Mamoru's relationship with her never seemed very real to me. I understand they are going for a "fated lovers" angle with those two, but you see Usagi and Seiya actually enjoying themselves a lot, whereas plenty of times it's almost as if Mamoru is just going out with Usagi because they were lovers in another lifetime.

Also, that concert started at night time. Just saying.

Watch Tatami Galaxy

Alright then. I watch Tatami Galaxy all the way through and you will watch Clannad and Clannad After Story all the way through. Accept Challenge?

If we want to be technical Clannad and Clannad: After Story are two separate series.

I think it's one whole series. It's like saying Chihiyafuru S1 and S2 are two separate series. Or Sekirai and Sekirai: Pure Engagement are two separate series.

But it's fine. Did you want to take on the challenge?

Krogan

On a scale of 1 to 10 how much of it is melodrama/love triangle type stuff?

Hyouka Review

Watch episode 1-5, skip till 12. Watch till 17. Skip till 21. Maybe 7 if you like hotspring episodes.

This might have been better if it had been a 12 episode Anime.

Some parts were genuinely great and others felt like filler. I also feel that they tried way too hard at playing the high school angst angle with the whole talent/luck/whatever it was the movie girl and the manga club chick was talking about. I did like the whole gray vs rose colored thing they got going to a degree though.

Oreki antics were enjoyable and how they presented the deductions were interesting. Also, Satoshi is a really good friend for hanging with him for that long. Rather the "bad" characters were the female ones. Did we really need Ibara? Out of all the characters it felt like she was the least needed.

There are subtle hints at real development but never fully explored which was a shame.

Question, is the Kyoani female lead having an annoying catch phrase a trope? Saw this in Kanata and I'm not sure if Clannad had it (Maybe Sanae counts).

Overall

High/Middle B-tier. It felt like Clannad with something missing but it's still pretty enjoyable.

Corvo isn't entirely wrong

Lemme go watch Daily Lives of Highschool boys and see if that deserved to win AOTY any more than this.

Pani Poni Dash! 17

Well... At least the maid cafe was mostly normal... Other than that there were spray-painted chicks, aliens on swings, a jungle and video format wars. So, another Pani Poni Dash episode basically.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how much of it is melodrama/love triangle type stuff?

Love triangle? I think it's pretty clear from the get go who the MC likes.

Just trust me when I say I don't think you'll be disappointed. Clannad is one of the best things to come out of KyoAni.

Your question is pretty loaded to be honest.

challenge accepted

Great. I will start on your show later today. :)

--------------------------

BTW guys please provide links to watch the anime you want me to watch. Unless it's on Crunchyroll. Then just tell me that and I'll watch it there.

To the first 10 or so people who haven't watch Clannad or Clannad After Story I challenge you to watch it. If you do I will watch an anime of your choosing (under 50 episodes please) by the end of the year all the way to the end so long as you do so.

I would love to take up this challenge only I watched and loved Clannad and After Story. :(. I'd take it up with another anime though!

But seriously though, everybody should watch Clannad. It's a really beautiful story.

sonicmj1

No somebody has to die first. Or be British.

Well there is some French going on. French is like British for people who want to be pretentious but not understood. So I guess I could swing that.

And I guess Dr. Hell is dead, so sure, why not.

Gankutsuou must be super fucking pretentious then.

sonicmj1

Guys stop talking about things that don't matter.

The Idolmaster the movie is finally playing in a theater in Nagasaki. I can finally get my lady on.

This is important news. I come back to this thread to see you people talking about stupid things. God, so disappointed.

You got me to check and realize that the Idolmaster movie showed up in Nagano a week ago and I had no idea. I was even already in the city for stuff. Damn.

If it's still there in a week I'll go see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom