• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to take up this challenge only I watched and loved Clannad and After Story. :(. I'd take it up with another anime though!

But seriously though, everybody should watch Clannad. It's a really beautiful story.

The thing is Clannad is the only one I am confident most will like. And if I bend the rules for one then it ruins the whole point in getting more people to watch Clannad. :,(

Don't worry I'll do another challenge to AnimeGAF when I am done with this one. So far the only one who has accepted the challenge is:

survivor

I have room for nine more challengers. Any more than that and it would be overkill for me. Lol.

Edit: Okay I am gonna go watch one more episode of Monster so I can give people more time to accept my challenge.

Wooser no Sono Higurashi Kakusei-hen 10

49UespB.jpg
buwSLkt.jpg

MaMo going upupupupu~

Monokuma cameo.

That ending pic.

Bless you Wooser.

CorvoSol

Gankutsuou must be super fucking pretentious then.

Based on a classic book. By an old dead dude. Who was French. Set in France. In Space. With flashy colorful backgrounds. Everybody in the whole show just about was French or European somehow (and I mean, is any continent more pretentious than Europe?)

Yeah pretty pretentious. I have to go back and see how much of the OST was by dead French dudes, too.

But that OP was definitely trying its damnedest to be as pretensh as possible.

arkon

Love triangle? I think it's pretty clear from the get go who the MC likes.

Just trust me when I say I don't think you'll be disappointed. Clannad is one of the best things to come out of KyoAni.

Your question is pretty loaded to be honest.

Great. I will start on your show later today. :)

--------------------------

BTW guys please provide links to watch the anime you want me to watch. Unless it's on Crunchyroll. Then just tell me that and I'll watch it there.

I'd be careful about throwing out these challenges. Some of these guys are just having a laugh at your expense. Your choice of GAF avatar will be working against you as well. AnimeGAF Illuminati don't take kindly to FF avatars. Tread carefully.

Tatami is legit though.

CorvoSol

I am. On the inside.

Or be British? It's now an either or!? I wish you said something before I offed myself.

Well now, don't rush to undo your death yet. If you can still swing the whole British thing after your death you may double your pretentious nature several fold. Especially since having shocking facts about your personal character revealed after your death is how pretentious dead people know they've truly arrived on the scene of pretentious dead people.

You may be thinking "But I am not British nor even European!" Have no fear, my friend. As we are on the Internet, which takes place in AMERICA, you can follow the examples of those who claim they are Native Americans because they own 1/144th scale Cherokees. If you happen to have a name written in an alphabet that Europeans or especially Britons might use, you're in luck. Just circle in the appropriate bubbles on the back of your standardized test for dead people and pronounce your newly chosen identity!

It's not like someone will dig up your corpse a hundred years from now to make sure of these rumors.

CorvoSol

Speaking of Gonzo, Glass Fleet is an actual example of a pretentious anime. It is trying so hard to be more than the low-budget, hackneyed and nonsensical space opera that it is.

You know, I'm completely fine accepting people recommending Hyouka to others because I will allow for the fact that Hyouka was just not for me and that my opinion can never represent that show in a fair light.

BUT GLASS FLEET IS A BAD SHOW. I still don't know how I sat through that whole thing. It was like a bad Gundam show without good mechanical models to get me through it.

I'd be careful about throwing out these challenges. Some of these guys are just having a laugh at your expense. Your choice of GAF avatar will be working against you as well. AnimeGAF Illuminati don't take kindly to FF avatars. Tread carefully.

Tatami is legit though.

Haha thanks for the warning. But I trust people around here enough. Sure there will be a few challenges where the poster will just have a laugh at my expense but I don't mind. I just really think missing out on Clannad and After Story is a shame and would like to get more people to watch the show.

If that means I have to watch a few bad anime to do so then so be it.

That's unfortunate about the FF avatar but I can get why some might not be that happy about it.

Thanks for the concern though.

Loved Keroro. Before episode 200 or so. I can't remember where I left off so I don't bother.

I still think that Keroro OP 4 is the best opening.

CorvoSol

Yeah I've never heard of AnimeGAF laughing at people for FF avatars.

Especially since this is AnimeGAF, and the only GAF that gets mocked more for its avatars than AnimeGAF is PonyGAF.

survivor

Banned
Haha thanks for the warning. But I trust people around here enough. Sure there will be a few challenges where the poster will just have a laugh at my expense but I don't mind. I just really think missing out on Clannad and After Story is a shame and would like to get more people to watch the show.

If that means I have to watch a few bad anime to do so then so be it.

That's unfortunate about the FF avatar but I can get why some might not be that happy about it.

Thanks for the concern though.

my tatami galaxy suggestion is sincere, it's in my top 10 anime list

Branduil

You know, I'm completely fine accepting people recommending Hyouka to others because I will allow for the fact that Hyouka was just not for me and that my opinion can never represent that show in a fair light.

BUT GLASS FLEET IS A BAD SHOW. I still don't know how I sat through that whole thing. It was like a bad Gundam show without good mechanical models to get me through it.

I can't remember Glass Fleet ever being recommended as an actual good show.

Loved Keroro. Before episode 200 or so. I can't remember where I left off so I don't bother.

I still think that Keroro OP 4 is the best opening

Nice to see someone else watch Keroro on here!

Sadly I haven't been able to watch them all due to a few of the episodes still being unsubbed. I have the same problem with Kirby of the Stars as well. I wish I could finish those off completely some day.

Also I'd say OP9 is the best due to it being done by JAM Project. So good!

Yeah I've never heard of AnimeGAF laughing at people for FF avatars.

Especially since this is AnimeGAF, and the only GAF that gets mocked more for its avatars than AnimeGAF is PonyGAF.

I think Kpop avatars get mocked more than animegaf.

Considering there are A LOT of anime avatars including several mods and the owner of the site at one point, I always found the mocking of it kind of odd.

CorvoSol

I think Kpop avatars get mocked more than animegaf.

Considering there are A LOT of anime avatars including several mods and the owner of the site at one point, I always found the mocking of it kind of odd.

I don't think I've ever seen Kpop avatars get mocked. I mean it's just an extension of hot-girl-avatars.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Sailor Stars] 196

This episode would have affected me more had they 1) not done the same stuff at the end of season one, and 2) not done the same stuff at the end of season one in a more gruesome manner.
Turns out being snuffed one by one by your evil doppelgangers in crueler and crueler ways is more terrifying that fading away from existence.

Branduil

Final Fantasy? The hell?

Final Fantasy (ファイナルファンタジー Fainaru Fantajī?) is a media franchise created by Hironobu Sakaguchi, and is developed and owned by Square Enix (formerly Square). The franchise centers around a series of fantasy and science fantasy role-playing video games (RPGs), but includes motion pictures, anime, printed media, and other merchandise. The eponymous first game in the series, published in 1987, was conceived by Sakaguchi as his last-ditch effort in the game industry; the title was a success and spawned sequels. The video game series has since branched into other genres such as tactical role-playing, action role-playing, massively multiplayer online role-playing, racing, third-person shooter, fighting, and rhythm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Haha, I wasn't expressing confusion as to what it was but why it was mentioned.

Really, though, don't be one of those dismissive holier-than-thou types who can't be assed to know what they're talking about and you'll usually get along fine here!

CorvoSol

Please note that when Sakaguchi dies, Final Fantasy still won't be pretentious.

Now, when Kojima dies, and his name is posthumously changed to Henrydeo Kojohnson, then his works still won't be pretentious because he tried to be American instead of British.

When the Queen crowns him Sir Henrydeo of Kojohnson Hill, then he will be pretentious.

Branduil

Haha, I wasn't expressing confusion as to what it was but why it was mentioned.

Really, though, don't be one of those dismissive holier-than-thou types who can't be assed to know what they're talking about and you'll usually get along fine here!

I know, but it was funnier to make that joke.

Articalys

You haven't been to any general anime-esque threads in OT/Gaming lately, have you?
Admittedly, no. Though I don't think I've seen one in a while.

Also, I just switched to this Chitanda avatar today, so Theonik should be glad he had something more substantial to work with, since my old 5cm one wasn't much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom