• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Finished the first season of Strike Witches. That was pretty much nothing. Cute girls doing cute things, but all in all utterly irrelevant and braindead. Vividred was essentially the same, but it looked a lot better at least, and it had the adult fusion forms, so people could wank without feeling all too guilty or something. Anyway, I like comedy, cute girls and fan service and shit, but this was a waste of time.

sorry you didnt like it. I thought it was super cute though.

You'll be waiting for SW3 like everyone else! Also the fused Vividreds didn't look anything like adults, excuses to jerk off are for nerds.

You never answered me about your opinion of Vividred on dvd Zachy.
do you think I should buy it or hold off in case of bluray? I trust your judgement in these matters.

I will let you know if I have or haven't watched whatever any challengers recommend. I won't con you into it.

I'll actually be very interested to see if people will be mean and recommend me anime that will make me cringe all the way through or be nice and also recommend me some good anime to watch.

Watch Scrapped Princess. Bones was still good back then.

Arkon might be right. I think we'd mock anyone using this in an avatar.
fantastic-four-casting.jpg

I think any ridicule on anime avatars is directed specifically towards anime girls since obviously moe is the devil.
You never answered me about your opinion of Vividred on dvd Zachy.
do you think I should buy it or hold off in case of bluray? I trust your judgement in these matters.
I'm not entirely sure on Aniplex US's policy on this sort of thing. If it's a popularity sort of thing I doubt they'll release onc since Vividred is well, Vividred. Maybe hold out a few more months and take it from there?

Black Lagoon 23-24
Well that was an ending. Ginji and Yukio were an impressive pair of criminals. The short fight between Rock and Balalaika was rather intense and the fight between Ginji and Revy was amazing.
It was rather sad though that Yukio

duckroll

Yeah I've never heard of AnimeGAF laughing at people for FF avatars.

Especially since this is AnimeGAF, and the only GAF that gets mocked more for its avatars than AnimeGAF is PonyGAF.

I dunno about AnimeGAF, but I get a laugh out of every FFXV avatar I see, because people who have them are either bandwagoning PS4 fans, or dedicated Versus fanboys who have had some variant of them or other for 8 years now! I don't know which is sadder. Hahahaha.

my tatami galaxy suggestion is sincere, it's in my top 10 anime list

Oh I know you were being sincere. Don't worry. :)

Watch Scrapped Princess. Bones was still good back then.

Sorry. The challenge is only for people who haven't watched Clannad and Clannad After story. Otherwise I would take you up on this.

Still waiting for more who haven't watched Clannad to accept my challenge.

I dunno about AnimeGAF, but I get a laugh out of every FFXV avatar I see, because people who have them are either bandwagoning PS4 fans, or dedicated Versus fanboys who have had some variant of them or other for 8 years now! I don't know which is sadder. Hahahaha.

:/

Monster 6

Oh no....

This show is getting freaky. Seems like the pieces for the show are all falling into place. Crazy people everywhere. Man oh man. I can feel the tension slowly starting to build on this show. It's getting exciting.

jman2050

Wasn't that just Kagami?

Branduil

Oh I know you were being sincere. Don't worry. :)

Sorry. The challenge is only for people who haven't watched Clannad and Clannad After story. Otherwise I would take you up on this.

Still waiting for more who haven't watched Clannad to accept my challenge.

:/

Have you watched any of these:

Haibane Renmei
The Vision of Escaflowne
From the New World
Infinite Ryvius
Dennou Coil
Fate/Zero
Birdy the Mighty Decode
Sword Art Online

Have you watched any of these:

Haibane Renmei
The Vision of Escaflowne
From the New World
Infinite Ryvius
Dennou Coil
Fate/Zero
Birdy the Mighty Decode
Sword Art Online

I have watched SAO and have been meaning to start From the New World. Otherwise nope, I haven't seen anything else.

Acosta

Kyukai no Kanata [Ending]

I semi-dropped it at the middle because it had some really absurd parts and it was making little sense for me. Characters were weird, sometimes I enjoyed them, other times they would go full retard. But the nice moments were nice and the animation was great (as far as I can appreciate), and given it was only 12 episodes I decided to finish this and add another one for my collection.

Actually, it got pretty interesting in the last episodes...

The whole idea that Kuriyama was there to kill Akihito from the beginning was really shocking and I didn't see it coming, and they really managed to make it credible once they started to explain it.

The sacrifice, and those days of summer where Akihito was in coma with the vestige of Kuriyama without suspecting was a really good plot, and made that last scene with the kiss a really intense one. The way Akihito had to wake up and accept the reality of it was quite painful, especially the part when Sakura kicked him.
... but I didn't like the ending at all.
Sure, I expected something would happen so they could reunite them again for the climax, and it was great, the final episode was really emotive and I liked the way Akihito said "that a future built over her sacrifice had no meaning for him", I think that was powerful and worked great. And it totally made sense when Mirai "died" again, after that world was broken and went back to Akihito. It was really sad, and cruel, but it made sense.

Except for the part that I was sure this would have a happy ending. I expected it, but I didn't expect it to be so cheap. Mirai came back magically with zero explanation, just because "the power of love" (hell, they didn't even bother to explain how the power of love made her back). And, of course, they had to end with the nonsense about the glasses...
Soooo, I'm kinda glad of having watched it, it was entertaining enough and nice at moments, but I didn't enjoy the absurdity, the gigantic plot holes, the lack of a developed antagonist and some other stuff that brings the whole thing down IMO. I guess the source material it´s more complete and explain stuff in a more elaborated way.

Special prize for the mother of Akihito, I would have loved her to have more time:

Gn4aHrw.jpg

You mean you've been talking up Angel Beats all this time and you haven't even seen Haibane Renmei?

Yup.

So this challenge would be perfect for you to try and prove my affinity for Angel Beats was misplaced. :3

And I would get you to watch Clannad and Clannad After Story(you've never seen Clannad before, right?). It's a win/win.

CorvoSol

I don't know about all of them, but Schala and I have certainly discussed the existence of such a group on the net before and it certainly exists here on GAF. I'm not saying that an avatar is not indicative of tastes, but that that gets interpreted to a wild extreme on the forum.

Then again, my own avatar is just funny. Cuz I'm not really a huge fan of Raven Symone, I never saw the movie this particular image came from, and while I think crows and ravens are nifty, I'm not entirely sure if they're my favorite birds.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Kyukai no Kanata [Ending]

... but I didn't like the ending at all.
This is the absolute latest in a show that I have just completely lost interest and dropped it. Halfway through the final episode I just turned it off and that was it.

Branduil

Yup.

So this challenge would be perfect for you to try and prove my affinity for Angel Beats was misplaced. :3

And I would get you to watch Clannad and Clannad After Story(you've never seen Clannad before, right?). It's a win/win.

I watched a couple episodes I think before dropping it.

I feel like you'd be getting a pretty good deal though, at, what, a 4:1 episode ratio. I think I deserve a second show if you can't get 8 other people to join your challenge.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I just realized, if someone wanted to localize Hyouka and make money on it, they would just get Benedict Pumpkinpatch to voice Oreki and Martin Freeman to voice Satoshi and just watch the creepy fangirl dollars roll in. lol

I watched a couple episodes I think before dropping it.

I feel like you'd be getting a pretty good deal though, at, what, a 4:1 episode ratio. I think I deserve a second show if you can't get 8 other people to join your challenge.

If you really feel shafted then you may add one more if you want.

Same for you too survivor. If you feel like it isn't fair then I will take on one more short series from you too.

So Branduil... Do accept the terms and challenge? We must both watch these series all the way through. For you Clannad and After Story. For me whatever two series you so chose as long as it adds up to less than 50 episodes between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom