• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midonin

Looks like Magica Wars is just a short series. I don't have a problem with short anime, but I was hoping for more for my next magical girl show. There's always the new Sailor Moon in the summer. And Mangaka is also a short series, but it looks closer to Muromi/Seki length.

Samurai Flamenco - 15

And suddenly this guy walked in and declared himself best character.

And there were no objections.

Oh and Samurai Flamenco is public enemy no.1 now. Yeesh, this shit has gone from MOTW, to Super Sentai, to Dark Knight all in a matter of 15 episodes. How do you do it Samurai Flamenco? How are you able to pull twists like this every episode and still make me like you? Ah well, who cares about that when now we have MISSSSTEEEEEER JUDGE JUSTICE!

I love this show so much you people have no idea.

Articalys

Huh, I didn't even know that Barnes & Noble did a small test run of stores selling Gunpla last year. Guess it worked well enough for them that they're expanding the program.

Also, I though Barnes & Noble had completely shut down, but then I remembered that was the Borders chain instead.

Huh, I didn't even know that Barnes & Noble did a small test run of stores selling Gunpla last year. Guess it worked well enough for them that they're expanding the program.

Also, I though Barnes & Noble had completely shut down, but then I remembered that was the Borders chain instead.
I've seen weirder, at Hastings I saw Saber cupoches (or whatever those little figures are called) for sale along with the general comic book figures. Even weirder since that Hastings is in a relatively small city.

Articalys

Toradora is getting rereleased by NISA on BLU-RAY! With a English dub included!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ica-offers-toradora-blu-rays-with-english-dub
QhwROCv.jpg
The premium and standard box sets are slated for release on July 1. The premium edition will include four Blu-ray and four DVD discs and retail for US$129.99. The standard edition will be released in two separate box sets and retail for US$59.99 each.

The dub cast includes:

Cassandra Lee Morris as Taiga Aisaka
Erik Scott Kimerer as Ryuji Takasu
Christine Marie Cabanos as Minori Kushieda
Johnny Yong Bosch as Yusaku Kitamura
Erika Harlacher as Ami Kawashima

edit: Right Stuf links:
edit2: also up for preorder at RACS, and a bit cheaper there too for the premium set (only $90)

http://www.animecornerstore.com/toradora.html

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Tell you what. You find me a doujin that fetishizes this exact thing, and not only will I read and review that doujin in here, I will gladly watch whatever show you name, regardless of quality, change my avatar to something appropriate from said doujin, and maybe even petition for that to be my tag as the enduring sign of my shame.

Because even if you can do it, I'll be amazed.

And for the sake of impartiality and fairness, the active fetishization of said point will be judged by a panel consisting of Hitokage, Branduil and Narag.
Now, to clarify, do you mean whole bodies or specific body parts?

Narag

Tell you what. You find me a doujin that fetishizes this exact thing, and not only will I read and review that doujin in here, I will gladly watch whatever show you name, regardless of quality, change my avatar to something appropriate from said doujin, and maybe even petition for that to be my tag as the enduring sign of my shame.

Because even if you can do it, I'll be amazed.

And for the sake of impartiality and fairness, the active fetishization of said point will be judged by a panel consisting of Hitokage, Branduil and Narag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKfupO4ZzPs

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
A Taiga without Rie isn't a Taiga at all.

======================================

Been listening to the full ED of Tonari no Seki-kun's "Set Them Free" and my god this is so good. This is definitely up there in my top favorite EDs of all time.

CorvoSol

Now, to clarify, do you mean whole bodies or specific body parts?

Now remember that this has to be from
one planet to another.
And preferably entire, corporeal bodies.

I'm starting to get this sick feeling in my stomach, but I can always chicken out and say somebody helped Kirby and thereby invalidated the whole thing.

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 7

You know, if I was Kamille I would probably tell Char to shut the hell up with all that gravity weighing down souls nonsense, too. I cannot believe it takes until Tobia Arronax's time for someone to point out what utter nonsense all that is.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
What the hell @ Toradora getting a dub after all this time. I won't be watching it, but I'm still super glad it's happening because now I can get my dub-only friend to watch it.

---

In other news, Crunchyroll has been down for like half an hour now.

cajunator

Banned
RYsdpWi.jpg
Zpw9N6G.jpg

Yusibu OVA

Imouto is adorable.

Definitely nailed down her "onii-chan" line.

Nice to hear Fino's laugh and Lam complaining about her name again.

Props to Elsa for admitting she loves Raul. Sucks he just had to be an idiot at that exact moment.

I would love another season of Yuusibu.

From the New World 1

First two minutes were awesome WTF moments. Followed by 13 minutes of confusion. Realizing that the show wants you to suspend your disbelief real fast I went along with it. It just kind of throws everything at you in the first episode and hopes you can keep up. Hopefully they will take a breath to explain exactly what the deuce is going on but it's fascinating so far and has a unique art style.

So I started to settle into it and I think I get the gist of what's going on. Lots of blank spots and exposition that needs to happen though.

----------------

Clannad Challenge is still open to those who want to get in on it.

youve started a pretty thrilling and atmospheric show here. It will make you feel pretty tense sometimes.

Guys I need to watch a happy anime. The Denver Broncos are killing my dreams.

Sorries. You live by the Pats you die by the Pats :(

One day NeoGAF, Steam, Twitter, and Crunchyroll will all be down at the same time. Then AnimeGAF will really be dead.
One more reason to start FacebookGAF

you know, i once dated a tall girl. was weird.
Pretty sure she wasn't doing " i'll follow you" like a stalker.

----------------------
Setokai Yakuindomo S2 - 10
Seitokai%20Yakuindomo%20S2%20-%2010.jpg

Dat LOADED question

First thing first : i don't want a suzu.

Second thing second : mushrooms are serious perverted business.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, the Toradora news reminded me - whatever happened to the Aria BDs?

How long did it take for Toradora to won that BD "vote" before the BDs came out? I'm still waiting to shell out 400 bucks for HD Aria. lol

Midonin

Is Yuusibu any good? I think it was airing the season that I took a break from anime.
I enjoyed it. The idea of a fantasy world work com was carried out solidly, and it had a good amount of lewdness. There's some interesting ideas beneath the surface.

You know, the Toradora news reminded me - whatever happened to the Aria BDs?

How long did it take for Toradora to won that BD "vote" before the BDs came out? I'm still waiting to shell out 400 bucks for HD Aria. lol

Aria is under Right Stuf's Nozomi label and Right Stuf has yet to release BDs to any of their licenses. Unless you are taking about Aria on Blu-ray in Japan which has yet to happen either.

Looks like the Toradora BD vote took almost two years assuming this is the original post. http://nisamerica.com/prams/wish.php?wid=808

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Aria is under Right Stuf's Nozomi label and Right Stuf has yet to release BDs to any of their licenses. Unless you are taking about Aria on Blu-ray in Japan which has yet to happen either.
Yeah, in Japan. I really don't remember how it worked, but there was some kind of vote where people voted for Toradora to get a BD release. Aria was the next anime to be picked up, but there hasn't been any news for a couple of years.

The only reason I would import it is because a) It's my favourite series and b) Nozomi refuses to get into the BD business (which makes sense given the anime that they release).

Edit: They pretty much said no when the Utena BDs came out, so if you're waiting for HD Utena, you better hope Nozomi loses the license and someone else picks it up.

Articalys

Not quite sure. Apparently the first rumblings were around April 2010, then more solid evidence in January 2011, and some other stuff during the year before it finally got a release date announced in September 2011. Don't think we've heard anything more about Aria since late February 2013.

CorvoSol

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 1

If Koji Kabuto is the forebear of the race of mecha protagonists, and Amuro the father of Real Robot Protagonists in particular, and if Domon Kasshu is the sire of Reiji, Kamina and Kallen Kozuki, then without a doubt Chirico Cuvie is Sousuke Sagara, Heero Yuy, and Setsuna F. Seiei's legendary sire. AND WHAT A GRANDPAPPY HE IS!! GOT. DAYUM. All the wasted, empty, pointless years I spent not knowing about this show. All that time I spent trudging through crummy F-List Gundam and watching horrible CGI mecha move across the screen like freakishly reanimated corpses.

GOT.

DAYUM.

I mean 24 minutes and he just did not stop being amazing even once. AND THIS IS JUST THE FIRST EPISODE.

Yeah, in Japan. I really don't remember how it worked, but there was some kind of vote where people voted for Toradora to get a BD release. Aria was the next anime to be picked up, but there hasn't been any news for a couple of years.

The only reason I would import it is because a) It's my favourite series and b) Nozomi refuses to get into the BD business (which makes sense given the anime that they release).

A note on Nozomi getting into the Blu-ray business. The position is not available anymore, but there was a job listing from a few weeks ago for Right Stuf that mentioned the need to be able to author DVD and Blu-ray discs.

Shawne Kleckner, Right Stuf's President, publicly stated on a Reddit AMA that The Irresponsible Captain Tylor would be his top choice if Nozomi started to release Blu-rays. http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/1vpaih/hello_i_am_shawne_kleckner_president_of_anime/ceul830?context=3

cajunator

Banned
Aside from Aku no Hana, Yami to Boshi or Kannazuki no Miko will do the trick.

hehee..heheheheheeeeeeee

Looks like Magica Wars is just a short series. I don't have a problem with short anime, but I was hoping for more for my next magical girl show. There's always the new Sailor Moon in the summer. And Mangaka is also a short series, but it looks closer to Muromi/Seki length.

Im still upset that Prism Nana was just a pachinko :(

Toradora is getting rereleased by NISA on BLU-RAY! With a English dub included!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ica-offers-toradora-blu-rays-with-english-dub

edit: Right Stuf links:

edit2: also up for preorder at RACS, and a bit cheaper there too for the premium set (only $90)

http://www.animecornerstore.com/toradora.html

time to double dip?? If this set is worthy I might sell my dvd set.

======================================

Been listening to the full ED of Tonari no Seki-kun's "Set Them Free" and my god this is so good. This is definitely up there in my top favorite EDs of all time.

Cant wait to hear this. Is it like an extended jam session?

Jewelpet Tinkle 05

b22Hs6el.jpg

Fun scientific hijinks this episode and we finally had focus on the last of the three main girls in the series. The show is still pretty amusing.

cajunator

Banned
Is Yuusibu any good? I think it was airing the season that I took a break from anime.

Oh hell yes. Fino is ADORABLE.
the show gets really lewd and likes to cover Fino and other girls in various whitish liquids from time to time. Did I mention Fino is FUCKING ADORABLE?

Aikatsu! 56

fNlQ3Uw.jpg
cYLCwpq.jpg

This shit writes itself

The only thing Yurika is good for is apparently to reveal that she was involved with a scandal last season, and that the only way she survived it was through the power of "gap moe". WEEP

Yeah, Seira is pretty... boring at best. Like... the "scandal" with her (and she's not really the target of MISTER S) is that she likes cute cats, you know, rockers having a cute side? BAD NEWS BRAH! That's how boring it is. She made Kii cry though. Boo!

Meanwhile, as Raichi plays with Seira's sister, talking about their sisters, Kii continues to bond with Aoi. Back onto the scandal thing, HE'S AFTER KII.... if she is related to how DreAca rose within a year. I'm pretty sure it's because Mizuki honestly.

Seira drags down the current cast as it is. Not as horribly as she did from the start, but she's the least interesting one in the group of five main characters. And sadly, it doesn't look like it will change anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom