• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

I just realized, if someone wanted to localize Hyouka and make money on it, they would just get Benedict Pumpkinpatch to voice Oreki and Martin Freeman to voice Sotaru and just watch the creepy fangirl dollars roll in. lol

Would paying the exorbitant fees required to procure them really ensure enough sales to break even?

Email the kickstarter idea to KyoAni.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I just realized, if someone wanted to localize Hyouka and make money on it, they would just get Benedict Pumpkinpatch to voice Oreki and Martin Freeman to voice Sotaru and just watch the creepy fangirl dollars roll in. lol

Wouldn't even cover the cost of contacting Benedict Cucumbermatch.

duckroll

That would probably cost more than it would to license the show. :p

You haven't been to any general anime-esque threads in OT/Gaming lately, have you?

Which ones outside of Monpiece and that Japan game music one had people mocking anime avatars?

If anything, it seems like people have become more tolerant of them in recent years. Before, anything remotely "moeish" or ecchi would get a "lol, icecream thread", but there's like actual discussion going on in that Akiba Strip thread and other threads.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Would paying the exorbitant fees required to procure them really ensure enough sales to break even?

Email the kickstarter idea to KyoAni.
Wouldn't even cover the cost of contacting Benedict Cucumbermatch.
That would probably cost more than it would to license the show. :p
Guys, dream big! Besides, remember they got the Supernatural guys for the Supernatural dub! lol

Branduil

If you really feel shafted then you may add one more if you want.

Same for you too survivor. If you feel like it isn't fair then I will take on one more short series from you too.

So Branduil... Do accept the terms and challenge? We must both watch these series all the way through. For you Clannad and After Story. For me whatever two series you so chose as long as it adds up to less than 50 episodes between the two.

Haibane Renmei and From the New World it is then.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Sailor Stars] 195

This is some CLAMP shit going on.

So, is it me or should Usagi
have stayed with Seiya instead of Mamoru, regardless of whether he might be dead or not? Mamoru's relationship with her never seemed very real to me. I understand they are going for a "fated lovers" angle with those two, but you see Usagi and Seiya actually enjoying themselves a lot, whereas plenty of times it's almost as if Mamoru is just going out with Usagi because they were lovers in another lifetime.

Also, that concert started at night time. Just saying.

Lust versus true love, man.

And it hasn't been as easy as
fate
for several seasons. You'd be asking her to kill Chibiusa! It's easy to stay in a relationship when you already have a deep filial attachment to a child you won't have for a thousand years.

For my next anime I feel like having an absolutely heartwrenching overly complex love web.

Make me feel like absolute shit. Maybe I'll ask MangaGAF for some suggestions too.

santeesioux

Well I wasn't expecting you to do it right this second, just when it's possible

aKe2I.gif

Lurky

For my next anime I feel like having an absolutely heartwrenching overly complex love web.

Make me feel like absolute shit. Maybe I'll ask MangaGAF for some suggestions too.

If you take out the heart-wrenching part, that's basically most anime.

Anyway, the only thing that comes to mind is Elfen Lied which would probably make you more angry than feel like shit. If you're down for a movie you can try 5 centimeters per second.

Pani Poni Dash! 18

Can't say this show doesn't look interesting at times.

Life as a rabbit isn't made easier when you get a bomb attached to your forehead. At least people want to help out and they find a way to disarm it. Don't sell the skin till you have caught the bear though.

Oh, and another appearance by R. Lee Ermey and some Pani Poni Kart racing.

Crocodile

I'm going to start Blood-C soon. From what I vaguely remember from general impressions, I should prepare my anus for a wild ride.

*Prepares Anus*

Syrinx

Which ones outside of Monpiece and that Japan game music one had people mocking anime avatars?

If anything, it seems like people have become more tolerant of them in recent years. Before, anything remotely "moeish" or ecchi would get a "lol, icecream thread", but there's like actual discussion going on in that Akiba Strip thread and other threads.

There was the Bravely Default censoring thread.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
All this Clannad talk. Bring back PrecureGAF.

We are departed to the Gray Havens of twitter, never to return.

Hey you watch Ojamajo Doremi too since we're bros from another forum.

There are forums other than NeoGAF?

Isn't most of the discussion in these threads generated by "anime avatars", though? I see a lot of Neptunia and Senran Kagura faces.

Mature

Oddly enough, the most striking thing in Aku no Hana that's kept with me ever since I finished was
the bizarre montage of future events in the last episode.
I really liked that, and I have a hard time figuring out why.

S2 when?
=(

Lurky

Oddly enough, the most striking thing in Aku no Hana that's kept with me ever since I finished was
the bizarre montage of future events in the last episode.
I really liked that, and I have a hard time figuring out why.

S2 when?
=(

Did it do well enough for a season 2? I hated how it looked but the show was damn good.

CorvoSol

Sometimes, a Heart is also a gut.

EDIT: FUCK!

Well I have nothing else at the moment. Watch the anime though. Despite the rather... eugh style, it's pretty dang good.

YOU DID THIS.

Kuttsukiboshi.

Is this just a night for bad recommendations?

I'm going to start Blood-C soon. From what I vaguely remember from general impressions, I should prepare my anus for a wild ride.

*Prepares Anus*

Yup.

Tenumi

Banned
I don't think I've got a clue what's even going on in here anymore....

Akira was a thing, by the way. Definitely a thing.
It was good.

RYsdpWi.jpg
Zpw9N6G.jpg

Yusibu OVA

Imouto is adorable.

Definitely nailed down her "onii-chan" line.

Nice to hear Fino's laugh and Lam complaining about her name again.

Props to Elsa for admitting she loves Raul. Sucks he just had to be an idiot at that exact moment.

cajunator

Banned
The thing is Clannad is the only one I am confident most will like. And if I bend the rules for one then it ruins the whole point in getting more people to watch Clannad. :,(

Don't worry I'll do another challenge to AnimeGAF when I am done with this one. So far the only one who has accepted the challenge is:

survivor

I have room for nine more challengers. Any more than that and it would be overkill for me. Lol.

Edit: Okay I am gonna go watch one more episode of Monster so I can give people more time to accept my challenge.

Scrapped Princess!

Yeah I've never heard of AnimeGAF laughing at people for FF avatars.

Especially since this is AnimeGAF, and the only GAF that gets mocked more for its avatars than AnimeGAF is PonyGAF.

Ive only been called a pedophile for my avatar. Nothing too bad really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom